Veteran
Kin
719💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: The Legendary Sage of Konoha Returns, Chapter 1

It took awhile but i read all 15 chapters plus the Kakashi & Sasuke Chronicles i like what you did it was excellent 10/10 it would make a great anime it was very interesting even tho i agree with some of you couples not all but even so it is good to be different so i like what you have done.

the writing in this chapter was to small but apart from that it was very good as well plz let me know when you release the next chapter.

plus rep

Reactions: Michael92

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well, I'd like to point out 2 things first before starting this review:

1. I'm a bit in a rush. So please forgive any mistakes in this review.

2. With this rush, I couldn't find enough time to read through the posts of this chapter. So, if I said any statements that you already clarified or any questions that you already answered, sorry to repeat the same things then in my ignorance.

------------

Anyways, first of all, I'd like say that you hit the nail on the head with this chapter. After brilliancy written all over the introduction of LSoK first chapters and the roller-coasters' adventures that ensued with the following chapters, I must say that the start of this sequel deserve a big hats-off. In fact, if I go by a deeper-analysis, you just wiped off the field and started anew with new characters and much more grown-up characters mostly. It was very risky, very intriguing yet all so more better.

The office beginning of the new Hokage, Jiraiya (finally, we can say Hokage Jiraiya after Kishi didn't realized it ever :p) was very well-done. There was a subtlety in how those flashbacks began that captured the essence that's unique to your FF all over again.

Coming to those flashbacks, it got confusing a little bit; especially on the timeline factors (I see that you put a note; saying you clarified things in a post at the end of the chapter but as I said, I couldn't take time to read it). Still I think I grasped it pretty well. One thing that helped me situate the timeline efficiently was the inclusion of Kitsuchi. This made me realize that it was before the start of your FF and before Sasuke became Kage. Also, I re-read Chapter 11 and 15 after a small confusion I had and I surprisingly found something interesting in it. See below for that! Anyways, the comprehension of the timeline got smoother as the chapter moved on. So, all-in-all, kudos for the way you presented this chapter full of diverse flashbacks that intrigued all your readers I suppose about the upcoming chapters. Not to forget that this chapter carried zilch information on antagonists like Tobi, Akashi and Kabuto and no information was given on the outcome of the battle in Chapter 15.

Before getting on the highlights scene of this chapter and parts I particularly liked, I'd prefer to mention things that bugged me off in this chapter first.

1. I'd start with something I find glitched. Sample this first:

The Legendary Sage of Konoha 11 said:
Tsunade: Yes they do. Your niece is already a chuunin as well as Hiruzen, if you didn't know?

Gaara: Yeah I know about Mito, but not the other guy. But it's starting to be awhile ago, isn't it? Since they became chuunins, I mean.

Tsunade: Yes, that's true. Naruto's son also became a Jounin around three weeks ago.

Gaara: Yeah I remember. There was a lot of disagreement there, when I agreed with Naruto on that.
It says about the disagreement being 3 weeks earlier on for Jiraiya's promotion to Chuunin but it says that he didn't knew about Hiruzen. Which is weird since he was here in the Jonin tournament. How come he didn't knew Hiruzen was a Chuunin since he knew he participated in Jonin tournament. I hope you get my point.

2. Gaara's personality seemed weird in this chapter. I don't mean writing--wise or development-wise but just the way you've presented him. In this chapter, you've presented him as a jovial happy-going guy who seems like the consoling friend of Naruto. I mean, Gaara has a big heart and all that but in the manga, he speaks very few and usually barely smile. Here, he's even making jokes. Writing-wise, you've did a marvelous job and the interactions between Naruto was extremely lively but it's just that I prefer the somber Gaara that has good intentions but doesn't go overboard in expressing them.

3. This is a minor thing, so you may ignore it but it just crossed my mind while reading it. Well, during the Ramen sequence, you said Teuchi was going to retire and Ayame is going to take over. But still, don't tell that Ayame was at Ramen shop all this time and never got married. I mean, she already seemed a cute adult girl in Shippuden and in the current timeline of your FF, she must be like 45 or something if I'm not wrong.

Moving on with things I loved -

1. The acknowledgement of Gai & Kakashi as equivalent of Legendary Sannins. Seemed like brilliant addition.

2. The flashbacks starting wit a photo frame. Photos are like the soul of nostalgia and what better way to start a flashback! Very well-done.

3. Your way of hitching characters. So, Jiraiya married Miyuki and got Minato while Kushina married Ebizo, right? :p In short, the 2 siblings of Hokage got married with the daughter of Sasuke the Tsuchikage and the son of Gaara the Kazakage. Now, that's some family.

4. How Naruto in all silence felt proud for Jiraiya till the superb speech before making him a Jonin. It nearly made my eyes wet.

There are also two sequences that I adored simply.

1. The Ramen interactions with all 4 Kages. Seemed such a great moment. Very ingeniously thought and yeah, very very well presented.

The sentence below had me, in splits. Was so well-introduced into the conversations and made the interactions; so more lively. Though, again, the fact that it's Gaara who cracked that part is a bit weird to me but oh well...that doesn't take anything away from you for the concept of this part.

The Legendary Sage of Konoha Returns said:
Gaara: And then we have people who never became Chunin to begin with, but just went straight to kage instead.
2. The training part between Kakashi/Yamato and Jiraiya. Some brilliant conversations that was very well-developed. I said it in many chapters of yours and just said it in K3 but I'll say it again, there's no one better than you on NB when it comes to handle multi-characters interactions. Sample this part which was brilliantly rendered and all I can say is that you're awesome.

The Legendary Sage of Konoha Returns said:
Yamato: At least people look up to you and expect you to deliver. It wasn't always the same for Naruto... Quite the opposite really.
Oh yeah, 1 question - you said that Jiraiya wasn't blonde haired. Can I know what if his hair color then? I don't remember if you said it in your previous chapters (surely you did but I can't remember). So please answer it :p

On the title which I asked to be kept surprise till this moment, I must say it's fitting. Most interestingly, it's like this chapter. It intrigues the reader while keeping the same awesomeness of its prequel.

One thing that's going to be a real challenge for you in your sequel, is how efficiently, you're going to present a Naruto in his Grandpa days; as well as all the others main characters from the prequel in their old age. I'm definitely looking to that; as well as your story plotline - which, by now, shattered all limits to create a field of its own. All-in-all, striking risk with mind-blowing execution - that defines this chapter.

• Love

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well, I'd like to point out 2 things first before starting this review:

1. I'm a bit in a rush. So please forgive any mistakes in this review.

2. With this rush, I couldn't find enough time to read through the posts of this chapter. So, if I said any statements that you already clarified or any questions that you already answered, sorry to repeat the same things then in my ignorance.

------------

Anyways, first of all, I'd like say that you hit the nail on the head with this chapter. After brilliancy written all over the introduction of LSoK first chapters and the roller-coasters' adventures that ensued with the following chapters, I must say that the start of this sequel deserve a big hats-off. In fact, if I go by a deeper-analysis, you just wiped off the field and started anew with new characters and much more grown-up characters mostly. It was very risky, very intriguing yet all so more better.

The office beginning of the new Hokage, Jiraiya (finally, we can say Hokage Jiraiya after Kishi didn't realized it ever :p) was very well-done. There was a subtlety in how those flashbacks began that captured the essence that's unique to your FF all over again.

Coming to those flashbacks, it got confusing a little bit; especially on the timeline factors (I see that you put a note; saying you clarified things in a post at the end of the chapter but as I said, I couldn't take time to read it). Still I think I grasped it pretty well. One thing that helped me situate the timeline efficiently was the inclusion of Kitsuchi. This made me realize that it was before the start of your FF and before Sasuke became Kage. Also, I re-read Chapter 11 and 15 after a small confusion I had and I surprisingly found something interesting in it. See below for that! Anyways, the comprehension of the timeline got smoother as the chapter moved on. So, all-in-all, kudos for the way you presented this chapter full of diverse flashbacks that intrigued all your readers I suppose about the upcoming chapters. Not to forget that this chapter carried zilch information on antagonists like Tobi, Akashi and Kabuto and no information was given on the outcome of the battle in Chapter 15.

Before getting on the highlights scene of this chapter and parts I particularly liked, I'd prefer to mention things that bugged me off in this chapter first.

1. I'd start with something I find glitched. Sample this first:

It says about the disagreement being 3 weeks earlier on for Jiraiya's promotion to Chuunin but it says that he didn't knew about Hiruzen. Which is weird since he was here in the Jonin tournament. How come he didn't knew Hiruzen was a Chuunin since he knew he participated in Jonin tournament. I hope you get my point.

2. Gaara's personality seemed weird in this chapter. I don't mean writing--wise or development-wise but just the way you've presented him. In this chapter, you've presented him as a jovial happy-going guy who seems like the consoling friend of Naruto. I mean, Gaara has a big heart and all that but in the manga, he speaks very few and usually barely smile. Here, he's even making jokes. Writing-wise, you've did a marvelous job and the interactions between Naruto was extremely lively but it's just that I prefer the somber Gaara that has good intentions but doesn't go overboard in expressing them.

3. This is a minor thing, so you may ignore it but it just crossed my mind while reading it. Well, during the Ramen sequence, you said Teuchi was going to retire and Ayame is going to take over. But still, don't tell that Ayame was at Ramen shop all this time and never got married. I mean, she already seemed a cute adult girl in Shippuden and in the current timeline of your FF, she must be like 45 or something if I'm not wrong.

Moving on with things I loved -

1. The acknowledgement of Gai & Kakashi as equivalent of Legendary Sannins. Seemed like brilliant addition.

2. The flashbacks starting wit a photo frame. Photos are like the soul of nostalgia and what better way to start a flashback! Very well-done.

3. Your way of hitching characters. So, Jiraiya married Miyuki and got Minato while Kushina married Ebizo, right? :p In short, the 2 siblings of Hokage got married with the daughter of Sasuke the Tsuchikage and the son of Gaara the Kazakage. Now, that's some family.

4. How Naruto in all silence felt proud for Jiraiya till the superb speech before making him a Jonin. It nearly made my eyes wet.

There are also two sequences that I adored simply.

1. The Ramen interactions with all 4 Kages. Seemed such a great moment. Very ingeniously thought and yeah, very very well presented.

The sentence below had me, in splits. Was so well-introduced into the conversations and made the interactions; so more lively. Though, again, the fact that it's Gaara who cracked that part is a bit weird to me but oh well...that doesn't take anything away from you for the concept of this part.

2. The training part between Kakashi/Yamato and Jiraiya. Some brilliant conversations that was very well-developed. I said it in many chapters of yours and just said it in K3 but I'll say it again, there's no one better than you on NB when it comes to handle multi-characters interactions. Sample this part which was brilliantly rendered and all I can say is that you're awesome.

Oh yeah, 1 question - you said that Jiraiya wasn't blonde haired. Can I know what if his hair color then? I don't remember if you said it in your previous chapters (surely you did but I can't remember). So please answer it :p

On the title which I asked to be kept surprise till this moment, I must say it's fitting. Most interestingly, it's like this chapter. It intrigues the reader while keeping the same awesomeness of its prequel.

One thing that's going to be a real challenge for you in your sequel, is how efficiently, you're going to present a Naruto in his Grandpa days; as well as all the others main characters from the prequel in their old age. I'm definitely looking to that; as well as your story plotline - which, by now, shattered all limits to create a field of its own. All-in-all, striking risk with mind-blowing execution - that defines this chapter.
In a rush and you came up with such a big review?!:eek: I wonder what would have happened if you had all the time in the world:p

Thanks:p Again you outdone yourself with your analysis. Everything you say is by the reviewer book and it's really entertaining to read your opinions, like always.

"says about the disagreement being 3 weeks earlier on for Jiraiya's promotion to Chuunin" I guess you meant Jonin here, but the point still remains.

Yeah, well like Mei said (I thinkxd), they had been through almost 100 people that day. Who said anything about them remembering all the names of those participating. That's where "tournament" lists come in handy. But yeah, I guess I get your point to some extend, so if anything I guess you could call it a little hiccup.

Regarding Gaara - I like to think that some of the characters change a bit over the years, with still keeping their "core" personality intact. With him being kage the longest of the three (Naruto and Killerbee), I found it fitting for him to be the one who's most "kage"-like so to speak. And if you look at how he changed from a stone cold killer (well you get what I'm saying), to the character you described him to be in the manga - I like to think that, with Naruto and him being even closer friends in the years to come, he will change a bit and become less somber.

About Ayame - This part I didn't quite get. Even if she's married or what not, does that mean she have to quit her job? o__O I find that part a bit amusing. I mean, she can still work at the ramen shop, even if she's married and have kids, right?

Yep, I had that in mind for Gai and Kakashi ever since before I began my first FF. It's just that I never had an opportunity to mention it anywhere in my FF.

Yeah... like I told Ivan (I think it was), I'm a bit tired of saying "then a flashbacks comes in... or, the scene fades out." I wanted to have a more natural change of scenes and that's why I particular pin-pointed the picture nostalgia for people to get that we were going back in time. I kind of wanted to recreate the manga-anime feeling when flashbacks comes in. Only that this was a general flashback, and not just Jiraiya's.

OMG?! You're actually the first one to figure that out without me giving out tons of hintsxd Unless you peeked in the comments, I was right about my prediction in you being the one to notice because of your keen eyes to details:D

But yeah... I even had to write down a family tree to not get any errors/plot-holes in itxd

Well that was sort of the feeling I wanted to get out with that speech of Naruto:p

Haha, glad you liked that part:p For me, Gaara has become the more wise and open Kage, while Naruto and Bee are the lively ones. So I thought of Gaara craking that joke made perfect sense as seeing how he's changed a bit over the time.

Haha thanks again my friend. I don't think I've ever heard anyone state that before:D

Well yeah, this is actually the first time we get to hear some description on how Jiraiya look. And I might as well tell you, it's brown. Sort of a mix between Naruto and Hinata's hair color.

Well you should have only known how far into the future I might take this seriesxd But I guess you should be able to go through the different comments first as I've already shared some details along the way;)

Thanks again my friend for a great review. If I didn't knew better, which I don't, lol, one could think that you were some sort of a film reviewer for a local paper in your daily life.

Last edited:

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

In a rush and you came up with such a big review?!:eek: I wonder what would have happened if you had all the time in the world:p

Thanks:p Again you outdone yourself with your analysis. Everything you say is by the reviewer book and it's really entertaining to read your opinions, like always.

"says about the disagreement being 3 weeks earlier on for Jiraiya's promotion to Chuunin" I guess you meant Jonin here, but the point still remains.

Yeah, well like Mei said (I thinkxd), they had been through almost 100 people that day. Who said anything about them remembering all the names of those participating. That's where "tournament" lists come in handy. But yeah, I guess I get your point to some extend, so if anything I guess you could call it a little hick up.

Regarding Gaara - I like to think that some of the characters change a bit over the years, with still keeping their "core" personality intact. With him being kage the longest of the three (Naruto and Killerbee), I found it fitting for him to be the one who's most "kage"-like so to speak. And if you look at how he changed from a stone cold killer (well you get what I'm saying), to the character you described him to be in the manga - I like to think that, with Naruto and him being even closer friends in the years to come, he will change a bit and become less somber.

About Ayame - This part I didn't quite get. Even if she's married or what not, does that mean she have to quit her job? o__O I find that part a bit amusing. I mean, she can still work at the ramen shop, even if she's married and have kids, right?

Yep, I had that in mind for Gai and Kakashi ever since before I began my first FF. It's just that I never had an opportunity to mention it anywhere in my FF.

Yeah... like I told Ivan (I think it was), I'm a bit tired of saying "then a flashbacks comes in... or, the scene fades out." I wanted to have a more natural change of scenes and that's why I particular pin-pointed the picture nostalgia for people to get that we were going back in time. I kind of wanted to recreate the manga-anime feeling when flashbacks comes in. Only that this was a general flashback, and not just Jiraiya's.

OMG?! You're actually the first one to figure that out without me giving out tons of hintsxd Unless you peeked in the comments, I was right about my prediction in you being the one to notice because of your keen eyes to details:D

But yeah... I even had to write down a family tree to not get any errors/plot-holes in itxd

Well that was sort of the feeling I wanted to get out with that speech of Naruto:p

Haha, glad you liked that part:p For me, Gaara has become the more wise and open Kage, while Naruto and Bee are the lively ones. So I thought of Gaara craking that joke made perfect sense as seeing how he's changed a bit over the time.

Haha thanks again my friend. I don't think I've ever heard anyone state that before:D

Well yeah, this is actually the first time we get to hear some description on how Jiraiya look. And I might as well tell you, it's brown. Sort of a mix between Naruto and Hinata's hair color.

Well you should have only known how far into the future I might take this seriesxd But I guess you should be able to go through the different comments first as I've already shared some details along the way;)

Thanks again my friend for a great review. If I didn't knew better, which I don't, lol, one could think that you were some sort of a film reviewer for a local paper in your daily life.

Well, I knew it was going to be big; so I started in advance but yet, time was running out. So I added that note on top. :D

There's a Reviewer Book : I need that :noc:

Meh~ you're forgiven :p But, yeah it's a little glitch.

I know that you tried to portray Gaara in later days and thus bring out a personality change but still, on this one, I like Kishi's Gaara more. Through his eyes and little talking, he expresses much already and I find him awesome like that. The closeness between him and Naruto reminds me of Gaara dancing in the Opening Song of Shippuden. xd

I mean, you are supposed to live with your husband when married not glued to your pop's Ramen shop everyday. But it doesn't really matter since I doubt we'll see Ayame in every chapters of yours. Perhaps, she won't be in, am I right? :p

You did took time to mention it.

Love it as I said. Like you rightfully said also, it enables you to do a general flashback instead of from Jiraiya's memory only.

I repeat it. I was writing the review as quick as I could and when time was elapsing, I finished it quickly and added the top note. If there was time yesterday, I would have checked each comment while writing. So yeah, I didn't peeked. So that was the family tree, you were talking about.

And you achieved the feel perfectly.

O, his hair is brown :| It sounds a bit weird but hey, never mind.

I could have thought in future like some years pass after Kabuto and his crew are gone but not that, all your main characters are now in their grandpa-grandma days. And I wonder what about other persons like Mei, Tsunade, Shizune, Kakashi ect...I hope they can still fight and don't need a cane and dentures xd

Well, it was my pleasure.

Gilda

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If there is something I like about your FFs that is that they make me sit, read and read. And when I finish reading, I start doing that again.
I love the name of Naruto's kid and I love that you made him look quite talented. I also admire the way you describe things, it makes things come at the reader warmer. I love those times when there is a playback or something.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It took awhile but i read all 15 chapters plus the Kakashi & Sasuke Chronicles i like what you did it was excellent 10/10 it would make a great anime it was very interesting even tho i agree with some of you couples not all but even so it is good to be different so i like what you have done.

the writing in this chapter was to small but apart from that it was very good as well plz let me know when you release the next chapter.

plus rep
Almost overlooked your comment because of Escorp's big one yesterday, so I'll reply here instead..

Thanks you so much. I wasn't really expecting any new readers at this stage in my FanFiction, as you would basically have to read the original 15 chapters + the 6 chronicles chapters or just adapt, which might become very hard once I start continuing the story from the events of the original.
Yeah about the couples. Over the time, I've always pictured new possibilities, and it's been a bit weird and hard to make them as it's either hooking up some strange ones, some fitting ones or give them new unknown or fictional characters, which is no fun.
There is actually going to be revealed some new couples in the next chapterxd:p

Small as in hard to read, or small as in the chapter itself being short? If you're referring to the first, you might have the screen a little too much "scrolled out." If you scroll in (as in zoom in) to make it bigger, you won't have any trouble reading. The only thing I changed from the original was the hand writing, not the size of the words. I will;)

And thanks again :)

Well, I knew it was going to be big; so I started in advance but yet, time was running out. So I added that note on top. :D

There's a Reviewer Book : I need that :noc:

Meh~ you're forgiven :p But, yeah it's a little glitch.

I know that you tried to portray Gaara in later days and thus bring out a personality change but still, on this one, I like Kishi's Gaara more. Through his eyes and little talking, he expresses much already and I find him awesome like that. The closeness between him and Naruto reminds me of Gaara dancing in the Opening Song of Shippuden. xd

I mean, you are supposed to live with your husband when married not glued to your pop's Ramen shop everyday. But it doesn't really matter since I doubt we'll see Ayame in every chapters of yours. Perhaps, she won't be in, am I right? :p

You did took time to mention it.

Love it as I said. Like you rightfully said also, it enables you to do a general flashback instead of from Jiraiya's memory only.

I repeat it. I was writing the review as quick as I could and when time was elapsing, I finished it quickly and added the top note. If there was time yesterday, I would have checked each comment while writing. So yeah, I didn't peeked. So that was the family tree, you were talking about.

And you achieved the feel perfectly.

O, his hair is brown :| It sounds a bit weird but hey, never mind.

I could have thought in future like some years pass after Kabuto and his crew are gone but not that, all your main characters are now in their grandpa-grandma days. And I wonder what about other persons like Mei, Tsunade, Shizune, Kakashi ect...I hope they can still fight and don't need a cane and dentures xd

Well, it was my pleasure.
I see:p So you used my advice of writing in notepads then, or maybe that's something you've always done?;)

Everyone has the reviewer book :rolleyes::lmao:

Nah... He never reached the final, so Gaara wouldn't pay much attention to his name, nor who he was at that time :p;)

Well I guess you can't like everything down to the smallest detail, but that's basically how I think he will change over the year once the war settles down, he gets more friends, and gets closer to the other people like Naruto, etc. I like to look at him as the more serious type in the ramen scene, while Naruto and Killerbee are the ones arguing and shouting out in the classic Naruto-Bee style. So it's not like Gaara starts acting crazy cracking jokes, more like the way Kakashi would crack a joke, if you get where I'm going :p

xd Well since you're so obsessed with her, I thought I would lay the map out for you. In part one she's 17-18... or maybe that's part two... anyways, in the Ramen scene, Naruto is 25, meaning it's 9 years after the manga, so she's still in her 20s, possible 30 at top.
Glued to the ramen shop?!:lmao::rofl: You always make me laughxd

Yeah that was the idea, but not sure if everyone grasped it perfectly though.

Amazing.. then my prediction of you being the first to actually tying the "next generation" to the current generation ended up right. Jiraiya hooking up with Miyuki and Kushina hooking up with Ebizö was something I had on mind ever since I wrote chapter 11 where Tsunade briefly hinted towards Kushina and Ebizö hooking up in the future. And even more with Sasuke C3 when his family was introduced. There is going to be something really funny and awkward happening in one of the future chapters when "we'll" take a look at how Jiraiya and her met in a flashback;)xd

And no, the "family tree" was just something I drew down on a paper at work one day as I was thinking of how complexed it would become. I've even lined out Minato's childrenxd And if I ever do that 2nd sequel like I mentioned to you that I might, it will be about Minato growing up and his children's generation, meaning Tsunade will be very very old, or dead and Kakashi will be like 86 or something xD

I was actually going to draw in a line into the first scene of this chapter, stating how Jiraiya looks like the 1st Hokage Hashirama, but I ended up dropping it for now. Maybe I'll write it in later. The thing is that I picture Jiraiya to let his hair grow out when he gets older, and change some from his earlier days. However, Minato is going to look exactly like Naruto though when he was a child. So I'm kind of making it up for those who's disappointedxd;)

I think this perfectly sums up everything there is to be said about the chapter, as even if it's more or less detailing the past to a greater extend, everything in this chapter is more or less been referred to before. So it's not like there's a lot of things in this chapter that we didn't know about. At least when it comes down to the overall picture. Like Jiraiya becoming Chunin and Jonin. I like to view this chapter as a more character build up, and I think that's why I liked writing it as much as I did.

Actually... There is one thing that just crossed my mind... that nobody has mentioned yet. Even I completely forgot about it.
And that is Jiraiya going into Kakashi's footstep of both learning Chidori and Rasengan... Only that I picture him to be the opposite with having Rasengan as his main "weapon" of destruction.

If there is something I like about your FFs that is that they make me sit, read and read. And when I finish reading, I start doing that again.
I love the name of Naruto's kid and I love that you made him look quite talented. I also admire the way you describe things, it makes things come at the reader warmer. I love those times when there is a playback or something.
Well that is kind of the thing I strive for the most when writing my FFs. If you're not able to attract the readers, the point of writing would pretty much been nullified. Especially when writing big chapters like this, the danger lies in making the reader tire out, having to take breaks or similar. And the thing that makes it even more important to keep the reader interested, is if a chapter not only is big, but if there isn't really any action going on in it. So that's basically my main focus when it comes to writing and I often tend to scratch sentences or dialogues, only to start over as they sometimes feel pointless, uninteresting or just plain dull.

So thanks for stating that as it really means a lot to me as a writer:)

Thanks. I always aim to be as close to the canon characters as possible, but I also keep in mind that people change as time goes by - for the better or for worse - so it might not always be according to the readers demands of how they know or think a character would act or behave, but I always try to apply new stuff to already strong characters, to make them true to their creator, but at the same time, making them my own.

That's were the fictional characters comes in handy, when making up Naruto, Sasuke (and so on)'s family and kids and even their grandchildren and so on. My main concern here is to try and base their main traits on their parents, but at the same time making them anything else than simple copies. It's always easy to make new characters, but the hard part is giving them a believable personality. One of the things I tend to aim for is that I try to recreate similar relationships to those that already exist in the manga/anime. Like the relationship Naruto has to Kakashi, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, and so on, and let them be recognized in the next generation of characters.

In this chapter there was only fictional characters in the "current" time of the series, so it might be a dangerous play as the whole series is already based upon something that is made by someone else, so when the split goes from writing about already made characters in the Naruto universe, to start portraiting only fictional ones in the same "space", it's easy to get lost on the series main principles. So no matter how far I go into the future, I always try my best to keep the core feeling of the series recreated through new characters.

Last edited:

Sophie Ezra

Veteran
Kin
719💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Almost overlooked your comment because of Escorp's big one yesterday, so I'll reply here instead..

Thanks you so much. I wasn't really expecting any new readers at this stage in my FanFiction, as you would basically have to read the original 15 chapters + the 6 chronicles chapters or just adapt, which might become very hard once I start continuing the story from the events of the original.
Yeah about the couples. Over the time, I've always pictured new possibilities, and it's been a bit weird and hard to make them as it's either hooking up some strange ones, some fitting ones or give them new unknown or fictional characters, which is no fun.
There is actually going to be revealed some new couples in the next chapterxd:p

Small as in hard to read, or small as in the chapter itself being short? If you're referring to the first, you might have the screen a little too much "scrolled out." If you scroll in (as in zoom in) to make it bigger, you won't have any trouble reading. The only thing I changed from the original was the hand writing, not the size of the words. I will;)

And thanks again :)
thats okay yeah like reading so i did not mind and it is good to be different and once again i really like your fan fic it was AWSOME keep up the good work i wish i was that good ok i have good comments its just my grammer is bad i need to improve you have inspired me to improve

well the font size just seemed smaller than what it was in the other chapters but i try Zooming in more next time when you have released the next Chapter

Last edited:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yeah, well for the sequel, I've jumped 20 years into the future, and the current time will be centered there, so yes, Jiraiya is the Hokage now.
The style of this sequel will mainly be like this first chapter to some degree, but it will eventually go more and more back in time, and stay there, so to speak:p Like I said, I incorporated the main events I had in mind for a Jiraiya Chronicles into the sequel, so it will be going some back and forth for now. All the "flashbacks" in this chapter is story I was going to put in a possible first chapter of Jiraiya Chronicles, and that's why I'm not continuing the fight from chapter 15 before chapter 3.

In chapter two, I will also have some flashbacks, but those are mainly based on the shelved Konohamaru Chronicles, as well as filling out the 16 years gap between the manga and the event in the original:p
So from chapter 3 and onwards, I will more or less tie the events that leads to Jiraiya becoming Hokage. So in one way, you could say that the scenes that take place in the "current" time, is actually close to the end of this FF:p Although I have some even bigger surprise when it comes to this timeline;) My big inspiration to having such a setup is really after re-watching The Godfather films, and especially The Godfather 2.
The way they jump from present and to the past, and sort of have like two protagonists in two different times during the whole film is insanely good. That's basically where I got the idea to have a similar concept for the sequel.

Did you read the analysis post I posted as well or just the notes I had at the beginning and at the end of the chapter?
Some people seemed a bit confused, while others grasped it perfectly and understood it all.
I guess the reason for that is that I never specifically stated that Jiraiya had a flashback in the first scene, as I wanted it to be more than just a flashback. And also because it wasn't really Jiraiya having the flashback you know. If it had been in picture or motion, like the manga or anime, you would have understood it right away I suppose:p

Yeah, being as Jiraiya sort of is the main character of this sequel's... theme so to speak, I had to give him more of a background:p;)

Yeah actually, I've become the same type tooxd I loved to read all sorts of FF before, but due to my interests in only writing FF these days, it's limited to yours and Escorp's FF.

Haha, well I guess you got offended because you and Escorp pretty much have the same style as me:p I think he likes novel style more, but each to their own I guess;)

It's going to be pretty much like this - Chapter 3 - 9 is going to focus on the events and the "aftermath" of the original, then It will jump towards the "current" time and continue from there;)

Oh and finally... It still seems like no one has commented on the "WTF omg?!" factor in this chapter yetxd However, I will build upon this "revealed" plot part in chapters to come. So if people don't still haven't got a grasp of what I mean by chapter 3, I guess they will just have to wait until chapter 10xd

Last call is for Escorp to figured it out later when he reads it I suppose, but like I stated in one of my previous posts, the key on realizing the big "spoiler" that was revealed in this chapter, lays in one's knowledge of the fictional characters in my FF and being able to remember who's related to who:p

The hint I gave Dratasy above was that it had to do with Sasuke, and I sincerely thought you would be the one to go crazy over itxd Guess I will have to let time do it's biding for now;)
Your explanation was a little more insightful and I did read your analysis post. So that is where you got this future to present wavering aspect...cool and unfortunately I have yet to see the Godfather series even though it is old as hell. I will eventually-just haven’t gotten the time as of yet lol Thatis very keen of you to state this as I myself feel when I read something to oppose viewing animation, etc. I tend to understand less but I promise that I will strive to dig deeper and discover what isn't so easily seen. Your ff is becoming even more distinctive with how you're progressing it. I suppose that is a good explanation as to why I snapped at that member.

I am now very disappointed and feel like I’ve failed you for not acknowledging that "WTF omg?!" factor -_- It even had to do with Sasuke which makes me feel worse T_T You know I possess a horrific memory but I should have been able to figure this out especially with the fact that Sasuke was a factor. I hope I don’t continue to fail you in the future.

If the bolded part was directed to me, I apologize for insulting you by it, I was simply doing Michael a favor since he asked me to show him what spots I was jokingly talking about. No bad intentions were meant by it as Michael and I are good friends, so once again I do sincerely apologize for any insult you may have taken from it.
Like Micheal stated-it wasn’t directed at you. However, I am thankful that there are people like you who thought they were responsible and heavily apologized which demonstrated how kind/understandable you can be ;) I should be the one to apologize for not labeling the member.

I think he's referring to Zero Kelvin and that other guy on page 1, not towards youxd So no need to worry:p;)
It was actually Miyuki Yukime whom I was referring to and I had not read Zero Kalvin. However, I did now as you mentoned him and that member was also rude in my opinion.

Finally! Ding-Ding:Dxd The way you said it didn't really make it sound as big as I would have it to, lol, but yeah, Naruto and Sasuke are Minato's grandfathers:p
It kills me to find out this way and yes indeed it is a big deal. I appreciate that you continue to incorporate Sasuke’s character further by making him an even bigger part of your story ;) I wish that I had figured that out T_T

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

thats okay yeah like reading so i did not mind and it is good to be different and once again i really like your fan fic it was AWSOME keep up the good work i wish i was that good ok i have good comments its just my grammer is bad i need to improve you have inspired me to improve

well the font size just seemed smaller than what it was in the other chapters but i try Zooming in more next time when you have released the next Chapter
Well I'm glad I'm able to still inspire new readers to start out on their own.
It make me feel like I've accomplished something more than just making a FF that some people find readable:)

It's the same, just that it might seem smaller in this font. You know how to zoom in and out on the screen, right? If not, it's done by ctrl + scrolling in and out with the scroll wheel/mouse wheel;)

Your explanation was a little more insightful and I did read your analysis post. So that is where you got this future to present wavering aspect...cool and unfortunately I have yet to see the Godfather series even though it is old as hell. I will eventually-just haven’t gotten the time as of yet lol Thatis very keen of you to state this as I myself feel when I read something to oppose viewing animation, etc. I tend to understand less but I promise that I will strive to dig deeper and discover what isn't so easily seen. Your ff is becoming even more distinctive with how you're progressing it. I suppose that is a good explanation as to why I snapped at that member.

I am now very disappointed and feel like I’ve failed you for not acknowledging that "WTF omg?!" factor -_- It even had to do with Sasuke which makes me feel worse T_T You know I possess a horrific memory but I should have been able to figure this out especially with the fact that Sasuke was a factor. I hope I don’t continue to fail you in the future.

It kills me to find out this way and yes indeed it is a big deal. I appreciate that you continue to incorporate Sasuke’s character further by making him an even bigger part of your story ;) I wish that I had figured that out T_T
I see:p Well once you've watched The Godfather films, you will probably get the time jumps even more, but it's far from necessary;)

Hahaxd Well now I feel bad that you feel disappointed... It was never my intend to make you feel you've failed me :-/
Well it was more of Sasuke's family being the factor, not Sasuke himself:p As he's not even mentioned in this chapter.
So no, you didn't fail at allxd It was just that if anyone would notice, I thought it was you or Irfan. It's easy to miss details;)

Well only after he had read through it three times and with the hint in mind. What's even more mindblowing is that Irfan figured it out without reading the comments or anythingxd But you know him and his super keen hawk eye for details:p

Being as you being Sasuke fan and all, I had kind of pictured you going bananas when you found out :p;)

Sophie Ezra

Veteran
Kin
719💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well I'm glad I'm able to still inspire new readers to start out on their own.
It make me feel like I've accomplished something more than just making a FF that some people find readable:)

It's the same, just that it might seem smaller in this font. You know how to zoom in and out on the screen, right? If not, it's done by ctrl + scrolling in and out with the scroll wheel/mouse wheel;)
yeah i know how to zoom in and thank you again you really inspired me to improve :)

Last edited:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I see:p Well once you've watched The Godfather films, you will probably get the time jumps even more, but it's far from necessary;)

Hahaxd Well now I feel bad that you feel disappointed... It was never my intend to make you feel you've failed me :-/
Well it was more of Sasuke's family being the factor, not Sasuke himself:p As he's not even mentioned in this chapter.
So no, you didn't fail at allxd It was just that if anyone would notice, I thought it was you or Irfan. It's easy to miss details;)

Well only after he had read through it three times and with the hint in mind. What's even more mindblowing is that Irfan figured it out without reading the comments or anythingxd But you know him and his super keen hawk eye for details:p

Being as you being Sasuke fan and all, I had kind of pictured you going bananas when you found out :p;)
lol I’ve been wanting to watch the Godfather series for the longest time and it seems as though it will never happen xd Believe me it wasn’t you but me I usually always fail myself-its actually nothing new to me -_- I understand and I’m really happy that you chose to go that route branching Sasuke’s blood into Naruto’s sort of speak-now if Sakura justs comes to her senses and cheats on Lee with Sasuke who gives in to his desires within >.> (I joke-I joke xd). Well I kind of did when I found out but at the same time the disappointment played on me as well but nevertheless I love what you did and it just proves that there are fans of this manga that feel Sasuke can still change and be pardoned.

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

lol I’ve been wanting to watch the Godfather series for the longest time and it seems as though it will never happen xd Believe me it wasn’t you but me I usually always fail myself-its actually nothing new to me -_- I understand and I’m really happy that you chose to go that route branching Sasuke’s blood into Naruto’s sort of speak-now if Sakura justs comes to her senses and cheats on Lee with Sasuke who gives in to his desires within >.> (I joke-I joke xd). Well I kind of did when I found out but at the same time the disappointment played on me as well but nevertheless I love what you did and it just proves that there are fans of this manga that feel Sasuke can still change and be pardoned.
Hehe:p I don't know why, but it kind of feel like you inspire me to make Sasuke more and more involved:p Remember how he wasn't part of the series before chapter 12 and onwards + with the Chronicles on the side...
Well with this sequel, he's really one of the main characters and I can't wait to show you what I got in store for him, Naruto and the rest;)

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Hehe:p I don't know why, but it kind of feel like you inspire me to make Sasuke more and more involved:p Remember how he wasn't part of the series before chapter 12 and onwards + with the Chronicles on the side...
Well with this sequel, he's really one of the main characters and I can't wait to show you what I got in store for him, Naruto and the rest;)
I'm glad you feel that way and from what I do remember it did take you a while to expose Sasuke xd It delights me to that and I can't wait for whats to come ;)

danivass

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Oh god, why? I was really busy the past few weeks and will be equally so in the coming ones but now that I finally found time (and fixed my pc twice) and read this new work of yours I believe I am addicted :D Great job, I especially liked the flashbacks tracing Jiraiya's progress :) Cannot wait to see what you have in store next :p

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Oh god, why? I was really busy the past few weeks and will be equally so in the coming ones but now that I finally found time (and fixed my pc twice) and read this new work of yours I believe I am addicted :D Great job, I especially liked the flashbacks tracing Jiraiya's progress :) Cannot wait to see what you have in store next :p
Yeah I felt like building the whole thing up again with a fresh start was the right way to go rather than just continuing from were chapter 15 of the original ended.
Chapter 2 might actually be up later today. It's over half way done, so I only need to pick up were I was last week and finish it. We'll see If I'll be done before I go to bed.

danivass

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yeah I felt like building the whole thing up again with a fresh start was the right way to go rather than just continuing from were chapter 15 of the original ended.
Chapter 2 might actually be up later today. It's over half way done, so I only need to pick up were I was last week and finish it. We'll see If I'll be done before I go to bed.
So you mean to say it will take you 1 or two more days, right? Ah, memories of the wait for your releases come back to me now :p No offence, it was just a bit amusing (as with the fanfiction I abandoned after chapter 2 xd)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

So you mean to say it will take you 1 or two more days, right? Ah, memories of the wait for your releases come back to me now :p No offence, it was just a bit amusing (as with the fanfiction I abandoned after chapter 2 xd)
Haha, but noxd I was actually going to finish it yesterday, but then my boss called me at 10 pm asking if I could work today from 8 am, so had to go to bed way earlier than what I had planned. And because of that, I'm a bit tired today, so don't think I'll stay too late up tonight. So it's more plausible that the next one will be up tomorrow rather than today, at this moment.