Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Be friends with the Night, there is nothing to fear,

Just let your thoughts travel to friends far and near.

By day, it does seem that our troubles won’t cease,

But at night, late at night, the world is at peace.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hmm... forums are like rail.. some passengers get off at their stations , new one comes.. on some junctions traffic maybe slow, others rushed...

discord is for fast chat but it's hard to follow discussions if it's really active. forums are for more leisurely and people may reply at their ease and have longer conversations.
I prefer forum in general . Discord is for making friends and spam chats.

Forum is where user can add critical thinking here. We have discussion , rp thread that cant be done on discord also these things are good on forum.

Reactions: Avani

Sugiyama

Elite
Kin
100💸
Kumi
4,302💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Most likely its because most of them are using discord as medium for chats.

In forums there is restriction for spamming. You can say discord has outpaced skype in terms of anonymity feature.
Well...that's so bad, the forums are better imo, but to each their own afterall.

Hmm... forums are like rail.. some passengers get off at their stations , new one comes.. on some junctions traffic maybe slow, others rushed...
Indeed, nice analogy.

Tennis Robot

Elite
Kin
65💸
Kumi
3,060💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone has different names on the AB Discord T.T Can't even tell who is from NB/who was active on NB in the old days. Though I guess most of those people aren't there anyway.

Also my knees are ruined :(

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone has different names on the AB Discord T.T Can't even tell who is from NB/who was active on NB in the old days. Though I guess most of those people aren't there anyway.

Also my knees are ruined :(
It's not AB discord now. We are no longer affiliated with it. There are some common members, but mostlhy both communites are distinct.

Sugiyama

Elite
Kin
100💸
Kumi
4,302💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sinhalese and Tamil New Year
and it's based on sun moving from the house of Pisces to the house of Aries or from the house of Aries to the house of Pisces can't remember the science behind it at the moment
I see, that's interesting...it seems every culture have their own way to determine the New year, and it's nice to learn them all ^^
Is there anything in particular that you do in that day?

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sinhalese and Tamil New Year
and it's based on sun moving from the house of Pisces to the house of Aries or from the house of Aries to the house of Pisces can't remember the science behind it at the moment

Mesh sankranti- so Sun enters House of Aries.

Many celebrate new year around this time in India too. In northern state of UP new year starts from Krishna paksha so with Holi celebrations but in many states ( Tamil, Malayalam, Bengali calendars) they prefer to start 15 days later with Shukla Paksha. (Zoroastrian Nauroz falls around Holi too.)

I think some other eastern Asian countries too started their traditional calendars around the same time.. kind of fits with change of season ... the western calendar starts somewhat in the middle of seasons.

Kishi Uzumaki

Elite
Kin
1,725💸
Kumi
2,503💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry for the late replies was cleaning up the house :onion-msn-smileys-18:

I see, that's interesting...it seems every culture have their own way to determine the New year, and it's nice to learn them all ^^
Is there anything in particular that you do in that day?
Yeah !

there's to perform and there's other things like in New Year festivals..........

Mesh sankranti- so Sun enters House of Aries.

Many celebrate new year around this time in India too. In northern state of UP new year starts from Krishna paksha so with Holi celebrations but in many states ( Tamil, Malayalam, Bengali calendars) they prefer to start 15 days later with Shukla Paksha. (Zoroastrian Nauroz falls around Holi too.)

I think some other eastern Asian countries too started their traditional calendars around the same time.. kind of fits with change of season ... the western calendar starts somewhat in the middle of seasons.
Yep !

i see , i heard New Year celebrations in Kerala is bit similar to way we celebrate here .

in Cambodia , Burma it's celebrated 14 th April too and we can't see all the seasons in here as only Wet and dry seasons are there

Last edited:
Reactions: Avani