DJ Malik

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OK :shy: I shall call you senpai from now on. And no, I have had no previous training in Doton.
Alright..need you to inform me of a few things to prove to me your knowledge of the element:

-What exactly is Doton in the Shinobi World
-How is Doton chakra different from normal everyday chakra(In your opinion as there is no proof manga-wise in how the two are different)
-What is Earth in the real world
-Name two Doton techniques
-Name two masters of Earth Release
-In a philosophical way, what does earth mean to you?

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright..need you to inform me of a few things to prove to me your knowledge of the element:

-What exactly is Doton in the Shinobi World
-How is Doton chakra different from normal everyday chakra(In your opinion as there is no proof manga-wise in how the two are different)
-What is Earth in the real world
-Name two Doton techniques
-Name two masters of Earth Release
-In a philosophical way, what does earth mean to you?
Doton is one of the basic nature transformations that allows a Shinobi to manipulate existing earth for defensive and offensive purposes. Earth is weak to lightning because it's properties are susceptible to powerful Raiton which can easily break through it. Earth is strong to water because earth structures can dissipate the force of water rendering the technique less effective.

Doton Chakra is different from normal chakra in the sense that it gives form to a completely different type of element. It is different than everyday chakra because it is special, and can aid you in many ways.

Earth in the real world is a planet in our solar system, it is the third planet from the sun, and is supposedly the only planet in our solar system to contain life.

A master of Earth Release would be Akatsuchi and Oonoki, both of which come from Iwagakure.

Philosophically, to me, Earth is a beautiful and ever powerful element that can destroy opponents and save yourself; All while being infinitely complex yet intricately simple and amazing. In fact, so useful, that if one were not to possess earth he would be at a heightened disadvantage.

Last edited:

DJ Malik

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Doton is one of the basic nature transformations that allows a Shinobi to manipulate existing earth for defensive and offensive purposes.

Doton Chakra is different from normal chakra in the sense that it gives form to a completely different type of element. It is different than everyday chakra because it is special, and can aid you in many ways.

Earth in the real world is a planet in our solar system, it is the third planet from the sun, and is supposedly the only planet in our solar system to contain life.

A master of Earth Release would be Akatsuchi and Oonoki, both of which come from Iwagakure.

Philosophically, to me, Earth is a beautiful and ever powerful element that can destroy opponents and save yourself; All while being infinitely complex yet intricately simple and amazing.
@Bold - I was actually looking more of an exact property that makes it different than normal chakra and other elements. i.e. Wind is sharper, Fire results from a spike in temperature of the chakra...etc.

@Underlined- Not what I'm looking for, but I guess I'm to blame for wording it like that. xd What is rock? What is earthen materials? That's more of what I'm looking for.

Correct the two please and we'll continue as they are both used in training.

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Correction;

Earth: Earth is different from the other elements due to it's physical properties. Earth is the hardest of the basic 5 nature transformations and is different because Earth Release techniques have the ability to change the strength and composition of the earth from being as hard as metal to as soft as clay, as well as manipulating their density, making them heavier or lighter.

Rock: Rock, or stone, is a naturally occurring solid. The Earth's outer solid layer, the lithosphere, is made of rock. Three majors groups of rocks are used: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic. The scientific study of rocks is called petrology, which is an essential component of geology. Rocks, or, earthen materials are strong and hard.

I hope that was good enough xd

DJ Malik

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Correction;

Earth: Earth is different from the other elements due to it's physical properties. Earth is the hardest of the basic 5 nature transformations and is different because Earth Release techniques have the ability to change the strength and composition of the earth from being as hard as metal to as soft as clay, as well as manipulating their density, making them heavier or lighter.

Rock: Rock, or stone, is a naturally occurring solid. The Earth's outer solid layer, the lithosphere, is made of rock. Three majors groups of rocks are used: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic. The scientific study of rocks is called petrology, which is an essential component of geology. Rocks, or, earthen materials are strong and hard.

I hope that was good enough xd
Hmm...nice copying and pasting...;)

And good...

*Creates a fissure of earth in which you fall down into it, stuck*

Now, I want you to stay there and begin to think about all the properties of Earth. I want you to then focus and then begin to infuse those properties into your chakra, trying to make your chakra imitate the earth. Use your now rather "rocky" surrounding to help you out. ;)[/i]

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm...nice copying and pasting...;)

And good...

*Creates a fissure of earth in which you fall down into it, stuck*

Now, I want you to stay there and begin to think about all the properties of Earth. I want you to then focus and then begin to infuse those properties into your chakra, trying to make your chakra imitate the earth. Use your now rather "rocky" surrounding to help you out. ;)
OUCH! xd (Nah, it wasn't that bad lol) I concentrate my Chakra and I think of the various properties of Earth; Hard, strong, rough, thick etc. I infuse these properties into my Chakra and I can feel the Earth properties from deep, deep, within me. I can feel the power!!

DJ Malik

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OUCH! xd (Nah, it wasn't that bad lol) I concentrate my Chakra and I think of the various properties of Earth; Hard, strong, rough, thick etc. I infuse these properties into my Chakra and I can feel the Earth properties from deep, deep, within me. I can feel the power!!
You don't say what exactly happens in the training, that's for me to decide.

*Inoichi replaces Hashirama on the training field and Inoichi sense that you have build up earth chakra.

Good.

*A pillar of wood rises beneath you, lifting you up from the ground as it slightly widens to let you through*

*Inoichi looks back to see Hashirama waving, with a knowing smile on his face*

I'll take it from here, Lord Hashirama.

Now! I want you to slam your hands onto the ground and release the new-found earth chakra you have into the ground beneath your hands. Then, I want you to use the chakra to create a single kunai made out of earth. To do this you'll need to concentrate on the way you shape your chakra, using it to form the kunai. Give it a try, I know you can do it.

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You don't say what exactly happens in the training, that's for me to decide.

*Inoichi replaces Hashirama on the training field and Inoichi sense that you have build up earth chakra.

Good.

*A pillar of wood rises beneath you, lifting you up from the ground as it slightly widens to let you through*

*Inoichi looks back to see Hashirama waving, with a knowing smile on his face*

I'll take it from here, Lord Hashirama.

Now! I want you to slam your hands onto the ground and release the new-found earth chakra you have into the ground beneath your hands. Then, I want you to use the chakra to create a single kunai made out of earth. To do this you'll need to concentrate on the way you shape your chakra, using it to form the kunai. Give it a try, I know you can do it.
@Underlined - Sorry senpai, I did now know U_U

OK. I slam my hands violently on the ground concentrating on this exciting new Chakra that I have discovered beneath my hands. I picture a Kunai in my head and concentrate ever so hard on the Earth's properties. Then I shape my Chakra as best I can, keeping in mind Earth's properties and what you had previously told me.

DJ Malik

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Underlined - Sorry senpai, I did now know U_U

OK. I slam my hands violently on the ground concentrating on this exciting new Chakra that I have discovered beneath my hands. I picture a Kunai in my head and concentrate ever so hard on the Earth's properties. Then I shape my Chakra as best I can, while picturing a big Kunai.
Good, good, let's move on.:p

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Now this jutsu is a far step above the previous jutsu. I want you to begin to form a quite larger amount of earth chakra into your body. Then, I want you to focus it into your hands. Utilizing the chakra, I want you to begin to dig into the earth, using the chakra to make it as easy as air to dig through. Then, I want you to dig a tunnel through the ground, beneath my clone, pulling him in. Then I want you to torture him. He's been a very bad clone. :zonder:

*Creates a clone*

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, good, let's move on.:p

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Now this jutsu is a far step above the previous jutsu. I want you to begin to form a quite larger amount of earth chakra into your body. Then, I want you to focus it into your hands. Utilizing the chakra, I want you to begin to dig into the earth, using the chakra to make it as easy as air to dig through. Then, I want you to dig a tunnel through the ground, beneath my clone, pulling him in. Then I want you to torture him. He's been a very bad clone. :zonder:

*Creates a clone*
Origato, Sensei :worshippy:

I concentrate my newly found Chakra while memorising intensely it's properties. Then, I channel my Chakra into my body, keeping it nice and balanced, I slowly proceed downwards underground and dig through, pulling him in and then doing naughty things to him.
You must be registered for see images

DJ Malik

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Origato, Sensei :worshippy:

I concentrate my newly found Chakra while memorising intensely it's properties. Then, I channel my Chakra into my body, keeping it nice and balanced, I slowly proceed downwards underground and dig through, pulling him in and then doing naughty things to him.
You must be registered for see images
-_-'

*My clone is thoroughly butt raped and poofs away as I take pictures*

Very good, you're learning quite fast.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.

Now, I want you to take this large chunk of earth.

*Throws a chunk of rock towards you, its size being a little large than your head*

I want you you to now break that chunk of earth apart and then reform it into a staff. To do this it'll require the use of shape manipulation, making you focus more. As you do this, I want you to make the staff, as it is being formed, denser by compressing the chakra within it. Go give it a try.

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-_-'

*My clone is thoroughly butt raped and poofs away as I take pictures*

Very good, you're learning quite fast.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.

Now, I want you to take this large chunk of earth.

*Throws a chunk of rock towards you, its size being a little large than your head*

I want you you to now break that chunk of earth apart and then reform it into a staff. To do this it'll require the use of shape manipulation, making you focus more. As you do this, I want you to make the staff, as it is being formed, denser by compressing the chakra within it. Go give it a try.
:rofl:

I see you throw a large chunk of earth at meh.

*Thinks* This should be easy! :p

I concentrate my Earth Chakra keeping in mind it's interesting properties. I then break the earth apart, and concentrating and painting a mental image of a staff, I apply shape manipulation to it never forgetting the things you taught me, Sensei *wipes manly tear from eye like a bawse*

How was that?! :cool:

DJ Malik

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:rofl:

I see you throw a large chunk of earth at meh.

*Thinks* This should be easy! :p

I concentrate my Earth Chakra keeping in mind it's interesting properties. I then break the earth apart, and concentrating and painting a mental image of a staff, I apply shape manipulation to it never forgetting the things you taught me, Sensei *wipes manly tear from eye like a bawse*

How was that?! :cool:
O_O >_> -_- :|

*I grab the staff and it crumbles*

>_> do it again...and this time focus more chakra into it and compress it more to make it more dense and sturdy....and next time you call me sensei....>_>

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
O_O >_> -_- :|

*I grab the staff and it crumbles*

>_> do it again...and this time focus more chakra into it and compress it more to make it more dense and sturdy....and next time you call me sensei....>_>
xD Yes SEMPAI! I repeat a similar excercise but this time ESPECIALLY I focus a lot of my Chakra into the staff, learning from my mistakes, I channel more Chakra into it to make it more dense and sturdy.

DJ Malik

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
xD Yes SEMPAI! I repeat a similar excercise but this time ESPECIALLY I focus a lot of my Chakra into the staff, learning from my mistakes, I channel more Chakra into it to make it more dense and sturdy.
No, I meant for you to actually repeat the exercise, giving full description in what you do. O_O

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, I meant for you to actually repeat the exercise, giving full description in what you do. O_O
Forgive me, Senpai U_U

I concentrate my Earth Chakra keeping in mind it's interesting properties. I then break the earth apart, and concentrating and painting a mental image of a staff, I apply shape manipulation to it never forgetting the things you taught me. I, this time, ESPECIALLY I focus a lot of my Chakra into the staff, learning from my mistakes, I channel more Chakra into it to make it more dense and sturdy.

You likey? xd