Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Yea it means if you don't like what I have to say you can skip it...it's simple reading comprehension. Dafuq.
Thread is made for discussion and debate. It being your opinion doesn't mean people can't reply to it with a rebuttal. "It's my opinion" means absolutely nothing.

And I don't care about your opinion of me...that's my opinion and it is what it is, cry about someone else's point of view.
You don't have to engage in debate.

They really don't, since you heard about the Baltimore riots and the unjust shootings 24/7.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They don't want special privileges, they want same access.

For including a policy in favor of transsexuals?
It's just transsexuals or all transgenders? People have been using the umbrella term transgender that includes too wide a variety.

Anyway asking for rights to use women's rest rooms lockers and changing areas, permission to hide their sexual ID- that's special privilege right there- one that comes at the cost of the women's own privacy. For example in swimming pools a lot of places do not have separate showers and stalls. 5 to 12 showers but no privacy and just a curtain or a couple of stalls for dozen or more women.

In the end, transgenders may get access to washroom and changing rooms of their choice but many of the women will find themselves without one where they can be comfortable and free. A lot of them who come from conservative backgrounds would be using less and less of public facilities. It's been so hard to get access to these places in the first place and now women already have to deal with more issues. And their concern for their safety is suddenly a non issue under these policies.

Frankly forcing people to choose either of the two gender when clearly they belong to neither, is not really accepting their existence but denying their independent gender. Saying otherwise is just denial and if not outright hypocrisy.

"I didn't read the article"

"Neither did I"

Article is about people protesting against Target accepting transgendered people.
The article says this is stated policy of Target:

"A man, dressed as a man, who does not claim to be a woman, and does not claim to identify as a woman, may use the restroom designated for women if he feels more comfortable there.
"

"Target’s policy of allowing any man to use the women’s restroom for any reason (and vice versa)"

That's what they are protesting against.

And Apart from then actual criminals and perverts, seeing how many 'women hating sexist washrooms designs' men can be using in the western world (along with the aiming problem some of them have)- if they are using the women's restroom and a woman must use the same, those women probably need to invest in that go Girl product you linked, as a must or forgo the facility.

Don't worry we get it. As another woman put it:

.....No more shall bigoted females take it upon themselves to have opinions about who should share enclosed spaces with them; after all, it’s not up to them! **** them and their irrational, hysterical little phobias! Only some people are allowed to feel threatened, or to have an idea about what womanhood means, and it sure as hell isn’t them. Other people know best.

I’ll be honest: I am struggling to see how this type of “don’t worry your pretty little head about this, proto-bigot” approach to gender liberation is of use to anyone. Women don’t worry about personal safety for the fun of it, nor do they seek to set their own boundaries just because they’re stupid and mean. They have fears relating to male bodies that are real and valid, and a sense of self that is as authentic as anyone else’s. Telling them “well, you shouldn’t – other people’s feelings come first” is just misogyny 101

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja

Jokule67

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like I said, people feeling "comfortable" is an illusion, because there's really no way you can always tell what gender someone is based on *** without actually checking in. And people feeling "uncomfortable" isn't enough of a reason to say that transgendered people should be identified a certain way. "Comfort" is also used to deny gay people rights, and this vague concept was even used to deny that integration should occur back in the days of segregation. It was also used to separate women from dudes back in the day ("women shouldn't be in the same workspace as guys because then *** gets involved blah blah"). And this is why I think whether or not people are comfortable is a bad argument.

Really, what it comes down to, is that people want transgendered people to identify themselves so that they'll feel more comfortable, but this has more severe consequences for transgendered people than for cisgendered people. I don't think we should trade the comfort and perceived safety of one demographic for another. Either institute gender-neutral/unisex bathrooms in general (people say this would be too expensive) or allow transgendered people to use the bathroom they identify with. *** and gender should only be restricted by the state when it comes to things like benefits, medical issues, etc. When it comes to daily public life, people should lay off.

You're conflating transgendered people with people who have *** changes. Some people transition only partway. Some people don't transition at all. So being transgender =/= insecurity.

A "transgender bathroom" = everyone knows the person who's going into the bathroom is transgendered. I already explained why this is a bad idea.

And the only reason this policy of target is being protested is because people are uncomfortable with the idea that Target is openly saying that they'll allow people who identify with other genders to use the bathroom they identify with. But beforehand, there was no real reason that this wouldn't occur anyway. Stealth transpeople exist in workplaces all the time. So that's why I say that transgendered people declaring their existence/Target acknowledging them is making people insecure.
I get you man. I just think that sooner or later they have to come to grips that they will never be what they identify themselves with. I dont try to understand what they go through, I know it must be a mountain of pressure and trials.

But I just know I would feel comfortable if I had a little daughter in the bathroom at the same time as a man either halfway transitioned or all the way. Bad Things happen. But, as I already know those same things happen whether same *** or not. So in the end everyone gets to make they're own choices, and Target made theirs. I personally have to problem with it. I just have my own concerns and views.

Netflix and Chill

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thread is made for discussion and debate. It being your opinion doesn't mean people can't reply to it with a rebuttal. "It's my opinion" means absolutely nothing.

You don't have to engage in debate.

They really don't, since you heard about the Baltimore riots and the unjust shootings 24/7.
Lol what? Wait so you reference the bmore riots and other major events to support your stance like that means something. It means nothing bro, not in the context you use it. Of course the riots and shootings get more media attention than transgender discrimination at target. Once again if the situation was reversed and the riots and shootings had to do with homosexuals and not minority's, it would get more press than making ppl feel bad about using the bathroom in target. You think bringing up instances of injustice proves your point? I could bring up instances to support my claims as well, then what? The thing is you say my opinion means nothing but that's your opinion as well, for that matter your entire stance is opinionated until you can bring irrefutable proof that specifically support your claims. Till then your opinion is in the same boat as mine.