Kin
3,928💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Got it, very useful technique.
Don't have any questions for now - but I do like the idea behind this technique (despite its low rank).

It is exactly it's low rank that makes it so useful, you can break much higher ranked genjutsu at a small chakra cost to you.

I remember this technique from one of your fights and visually imagined it as a evolutionary transition between forms and it has a lot of potential, especially if you have a way with words (like you always did *insert applaud*).
I don't have any questions on this.

Yes indeed. You can have fun with it, as you can morph between forms, phase through forms, teleport through forms, have forms interact with one another as they are created like spitting, birthing, ripping through the next/previous form. It is really cool

This one is pretty nice, manipulating the world, kind of like Inception.
Turn a pointy thing into a bendy one, or swirl it around. Lots of uses. Can literally change the height, size, etc of the environment.

Yes, it is important to have freedom of description!

Ah, Kafka. Just become a beasty :) And use your otherworldly appendages to rip apart an illusion, doesn't have to be a normal creature does it? Just want to mimic some Lovecraftian stuff from Bloodborne.

Can be an otherwordly creature, a fusion of creatures or it can even be diferent creatures across your body.

Ah, the scene where everything shatters - this has a lot of close range uses as well, I see you said to Ian that you can shatter the opponent's legs, etc. Pretty bad ass, and also allows for more uses as the shattered stuff can be directed as well. The shattered pieces can be used to hide true motions as well. Especially if combined with other arms/legs. These are all visually insane.

Thank you! It is surrealism after all!

Best scene in Interstellar tbh, creating a wormhole like effect and being able to manipulate where gravity pulls. It messes with their perspective a lot, since when hit, it'll reset and shift back. Super disorienting. This can be done like 5 times, so it gives a lot of freedom into when and how the strikes are landed, shifted as well as manipulated to move into a direction you want them to.

It is indeed, and the scale makes it worthy of S rank

I remember this technique, I sicced those creatures on @Mirai LMAO
The foe gets restricted by the beautiful chaos (look at those amazing cosmic behemoths!) and are crushed between the two halves of the tilted world, literally between the physical and void - very crazy stuff. I like the release of raw chakra blast once slammed into each other.

I think, visually, this one is my favorite, and it is an amazing finisher.

Now you understand the techniques, I'd like you to talk to me about the style itself. How do you perceive it, how you'll use it. Also what properties will you gain by learning and mastering the style, and, case you chose to do it, specialize in it.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now you understand the techniques, I'd like you to talk to me about the style itself. How do you perceive it, how you'll use it. Also what properties will you gain by learning and mastering the style, and, case you chose to do it, specialize in it.

The style in itself has a lot of uses - especially considering the freedom and creativity it provides. It's surrealism influence generally caters to my favorite aspect of Genjutsu, creativity. Originally sparked by various users of Genjutsu like yourself, Reborn, Scorps as well as Emperor. I started building a large arsenal around Genjutsu and using it in more subtle ways as opposed to the "I use a Gen to momentarily stop you from continuing and use this moment to attack" but rather try and weave it into the overall move and basis of the move that I was going for.​
Not the easiest thing to do - I clearly wasn't as skilled as my predecessors, but I generally enjoyed the idea that a style existed that allowed me some freedom within it, room for expression and creativity, a blank canvas to paint the idea of my design. Nonetheless, this CFS has always been the epitome of expression and creativity for me, and would allow me to further push the idea of using Genjutsu not only for its amazing potential and capabilities, but to fully express an idea/style that varies from character to character.​
I mainly use an Uchiha (after a long 6/7 month struggle of gathering Kumi with missions, I was able to purchase a full Sasuke bio) and I think there's a lot of avenues to explore, given his past turmoil and express it (plus, what's a Sharingan user without a unique take on Genjutsu amirite).​
Besides that, I do have a few ideas going forward of what I want to do with it, how I want to explore it and how it'll turn out. I enjoyed reading your uses of it before, but besides those as examples, very little has been done with the style. So I think there's a lot of new tactics and styles hidden beneath it that can be explored, especially with the new meta being a very straightforward power based one, and this CFS being very anti normal approach. Its been part of my CFS on my bios for a long while, even though I couldn't use it, so I think I'll specialize in it, plus I do like the awareness I gain with mastery in it.​
Side note: Honestly also love it cause you based two techniques on my favorite movies, Inception and Interstellar. 4​
@Lili-Chwan Always open to tips and tricks regarding this as well, seeing as you just got back and probably has a lot of ideas going forward :)

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Barney headbutts his way into this classroom and quickly learns the updated surreal palm techniques. From what I can tell, they're small updates so no questions here. Arigato!

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
( Shu-rute: Yayoi Kusama ⋔ Kagami ) Surreal Palm: Endless Reflections ⋔ Mirror
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: N/A ( +10 Chakra to a Cast Genjutsu )
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Allows the user to peer into the chaos of another, in order to subdue the chaos within. Mirror is cast onto oneself at the same time as the user casts a Genjutsu onto another, infusing 10 chakra onto the desired Genjutsu in order to allow it to afflict both the target and the user, as a spectator. Mirror follows the Genjutsu Layering Rules in order to counter-attack opposing Genjutsu, by flushing out a Genjutsu that was cast onto the user with a higher chakra tiered Genjutsu and simultaneously cast one of their own onto their enemies, or use the same tier genjutsu in order to harmlessly manipulate an opposing Genjutsu that has been cast onto the user As the rules state that while higher chakra usage flushes out the opposing lower chakra illusion, similar tiers of chakra are unable to flush out the genjutsu completely but instead alter or add onto the illusion itself, like Snake Crushing Constrictions illusion ( B rank ) creates a Snake that ensnares a target and the usage of String Bean Binding Illusion ( B rank ) allows your own body to grow out of a bean vine. Through Mirror, one would be able to grow out of a bean vine that gets its vegetable carcass ensnared by the snake, leaving the user unconstrained and free to attack. This ability of Mirror does not erase the original illusion but will still counter it if used correctly.. This is a Passive technique that can only be employed when the opponent has a clear sight of the user's movement, abiding by the rules of Surreal Palm. Using Tree Binding Death as a reference, the cast Genjutsu would entail a tree growing to surround an enemy and crush them, and Mirror Tree Binding Death would be an illusion where the user sees a tree surrounding another person to entrap them, or a tree surrounding the user to protect them.

Note: Can't be used with Cast Genjutsu higher than S rank. Can only be used with S ranked Genjutsu 2 times per battle, and A rank Genjutsu 3 times per battle. Requires a 2 turn cooldown between usage.

Long time I haven't posted here, but here we are again with a brand new technique. Anyways, Mirror is a unique technique among the Surreal Palm set- as it's not one distinct illusion. It allows the Surrealist to essentially turn any of their Genjutsu techniques into a brand of Surreal Palm Genjutsu. The user uses it to counter genjutsu with the principles of Surreal Palm being infused into it automatically, such as the sample you wrote into the technique in question.

The only oddity to me is that when casting it onto the opponent, I assume it would still inflict it's mental damage if the orignal technique does so as well. The other thing I noticed too is that it adds in a new level of manipulating the illusion to a degree based on what you wrote here "sing Tree Binding Death as a reference, the cast Genjutsu would entail a tree growing to surround an enemy and crush them, and Mirror Tree Binding Death would be an illusion where the user sees a tree surrounding another person to entrap them, or a tree surrounding the user to protect them."

So it would essentially be up to my own imagination in order to utilize it, it believe.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,928💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Shu-rute: Yayoi Kusama ⋔ Kagami ) Surreal Palm: Endless Reflections ⋔ Mirror
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: N/A ( +10 Chakra to a Cast Genjutsu )
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Allows the user to peer into the chaos of another, in order to subdue the chaos within. Mirror is cast onto oneself at the same time as the user casts a Genjutsu onto another, infusing 10 chakra onto the desired Genjutsu in order to allow it to afflict both the target and the user, as a spectator. Mirror follows the Genjutsu Layering Rules in order to counter-attack opposing Genjutsu, by flushing out a Genjutsu that was cast onto the user with a higher chakra tiered Genjutsu and simultaneously cast one of their own onto their enemies, or use the same tier genjutsu in order to harmlessly manipulate an opposing Genjutsu that has been cast onto the user As the rules state that while higher chakra usage flushes out the opposing lower chakra illusion, similar tiers of chakra are unable to flush out the genjutsu completely but instead alter or add onto the illusion itself, like Snake Crushing Constrictions illusion ( B rank ) creates a Snake that ensnares a target and the usage of String Bean Binding Illusion ( B rank ) allows your own body to grow out of a bean vine. Through Mirror, one would be able to grow out of a bean vine that gets its vegetable carcass ensnared by the snake, leaving the user unconstrained and free to attack. This ability of Mirror does not erase the original illusion but will still counter it if used correctly.. This is a Passive technique that can only be employed when the opponent has a clear sight of the user's movement, abiding by the rules of Surreal Palm. Using Tree Binding Death as a reference, the cast Genjutsu would entail a tree growing to surround an enemy and crush them, and Mirror Tree Binding Death would be an illusion where the user sees a tree surrounding another person to entrap them, or a tree surrounding the user to protect them.

Note: Can't be used with Cast Genjutsu higher than S rank. Can only be used with S ranked Genjutsu 2 times per battle, and A rank Genjutsu 3 times per battle. Requires a 2 turn cooldown between usage.

Long time I haven't posted here, but here we are again with a brand new technique. Anyways, Mirror is a unique technique among the Surreal Palm set- as it's not one distinct illusion. It allows the Surrealist to essentially turn any of their Genjutsu techniques into a brand of Surreal Palm Genjutsu. The user uses it to counter genjutsu with the principles of Surreal Palm being infused into it automatically, such as the sample you wrote into the technique in question.

The only oddity to me is that when casting it onto the opponent, I assume it would still inflict it's mental damage if the orignal technique does so as well. The other thing I noticed too is that it adds in a new level of manipulating the illusion to a degree based on what you wrote here "sing Tree Binding Death as a reference, the cast Genjutsu would entail a tree growing to surround an enemy and crush them, and Mirror Tree Binding Death would be an illusion where the user sees a tree surrounding another person to entrap them, or a tree surrounding the user to protect them."

So it would essentially be up to my own imagination in order to utilize it, it believe.
Mirror is akin to a meditative state where you cast yourself into a genjutsu you cast onto others. It varies from genjutsu to genjutsu but it essentially allows you join into the genjutsu you cast.

That one was just an example of one of its usages which is to turn a constricting genjutsu into one where it elevates you. If you are close enough, you can even make the branches of the same tree that is pulling you out of a pinch constrict the person that placed you in that predicament in the first place.

The possibilities are endless, just take in mind that if your genjutsu makes your opponent plunge into a sea of lava, unless the original genjutsu allows for some of the lava to congeal into safe islands of cold rock you will be in the lava as well.

Tree binding death for example entails a tree that grows, the placement of that growth is what makes one become crushed, so if you are mirroring the tree you can make it grow in a matter where you dont get caught in its vices. You are in full control, as long as you dont go outside of the essence of the original illusion.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Mirror is akin to a meditative state where you cast yourself into a genjutsu you cast onto others. It varies from genjutsu to genjutsu but it essentially allows you join into the genjutsu you cast.

That one was just an example of one of its usages which is to turn a constricting genjutsu into one where it elevates you. If you are close enough, you can even make the branches of the same tree that is pulling you out of a pinch constrict the person that placed you in that predicament in the first place.

The possibilities are endless, just take in mind that if your genjutsu makes your opponent plunge into a sea of lava, unless the original genjutsu allows for some of the lava to congeal into safe islands of cold rock you will be in the lava as well.

Tree binding death for example entails a tree that grows, the placement of that growth is what makes one become crushed, so if you are mirroring the tree you can make it grow in a matter where you dont get caught in its vices. You are in full control, as long as you dont go outside of the essence of the original illusion.
Beautifully made; can you however run like an example of how youd use it with like lets say…Voodoo of the Headless Chicken? Also can it work with Sound Gen, Ganmi Gen etc ?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,928💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Beautifully made; can you however run like an example of how youd use it with like lets say…Voodoo of the Headless Chicken? Also can it work with Sound Gen, Ganmi Gen etc ?
Voodoo of the Headless Chicken is the easiest example, because you can literally just be there watching your opponent get tortured. The illusion is simply you standing there watching.