3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
From the top Lili!

L and heter...I mean Nakiri, you're in this too
We'll see about the both of them, they're in the realm right now, battling it out.

*An old cloaked woman appears, her glassy eyes revealing her blindness, which she wears proudly. Like taking back the time, her crouched back cracks and straightens, her stature growing taller and her grizzly white hairs tainting in the crimson blood color of Isabella Uchiha, even as her eyes rot and sink, revealing two dark gorges in an otherwise clean and perfect white skin*

They should be over there...

*she points to two immobile figures, standing up, looking at eachother but completely outside the physical realm*

Sooooooo, I understand you want something of mine.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We'll see about the both of them, they're in the realm right now, battling it out.

*An old cloaked woman appears, her glassy eyes revealing her blindness, which she wears proudly. Like taking back the time, her crouched back cracks and straightens, her stature growing taller and her grizzly white hairs tainting in the crimson blood color of Isabella Uchiha, even as her eyes rot and sink, revealing two dark gorges in an otherwise clean and perfect white skin*

They should be over there...

*she points to two immobile figures, standing up, looking at eachother but completely outside the physical realm*

Sooooooo, I understand you want something of mine.
Reborn sat around on a tall stump, kicking his feet back and forth as he waited. When the crouched old woman made her appearance Reborn recalled the rumors of a fallen crimson queen; a queen he once look to as an inspiration. When the woman spoke and pointed to two individuals that had been promptly ignored by Reborn for their lack of relevance, he wrote it off as nonsense that did not pertain to him.

Her next address was to Reborn, inquiring about his motivations for coming before her. "A few moments of your time if you don't mind. We could have some tea or maybe some wine if you're more inclined. Could you teach me about the surreal?"

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Reborn sat around on a tall stump, kicking his feet back and forth as he waited. When the crouched old woman made her appearance Reborn recalled the rumors of a fallen crimson queen; a queen he once look to as an inspiration. When the woman spoke and pointed to two individuals that had been promptly ignored by Reborn for their lack of relevance, he wrote it off as nonsense that did not pertain to him.

Her next address was to Reborn, inquiring about his motivations for coming before her. "A few moments of your time if you don't mind. We could have some tea or maybe some wine if you're more inclined. Could you teach me about the surreal?"
The painting kind?

She asks, calmly, though her gauged out eyes seem to stare at the man's soul directly.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
So is this end of our love, Alice? Surely you still need me.
Hmph, be quiet. You’e nothing but a figment of my imagination.
Am I really? Don’t forget, I know you more than anyone else Alice...we are one, and I will be free...mark my words…
We’ll see, until then. Stay here and be nice.

She said, with a snap of her finger. Large rusty chains, bent on binding the succubus within the mind of the Candy Maker. The void collapsed, setting us free. Only a sweet melancholic whisper was left, drifting into oblivion.

We’ll meet again...Judal my love…
You must be registered for see images

Alice eyes burst open, only to find herself face to face with Judal, scanning the area she quickly noticed the woman who left her and The Depraved to fight within the realm of Dreams. Isabella...she was magnificent, even in such an old age. Alice couldn’t help but smile, she made it at last. One other person was present but she could not pick up his chakra signal what so ever...perplexing her she simply narrowed her eyebrow and rested onto a log, legs crossed as she speaks to all of the others present.

"Greetings, Isabella-sama...Mr….Shortie?. Judal-kun should be here any moment...I think.."

She said nervously, though she was confident her rival would wake up sooner or later.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And just like that, it was over. Locked in an eternal mental battle, I was freed. Freed from the chains that conquered my mind, and it seemed, so was the Muggle. Flung back to reality, I found myself before the Muggle, the Sage of Deceit and some other...weird entity. Was he even a Muggle? He seemed old. Nonetheless, swinging my wand, I conjured forth a coat, and a small glass. From my pouch, I poured some ale.

"Seems I never got that ale I wanted. Isabella..Muggle girl, and uh..dude."

I said, as I stood cross armed, awaiting instructions from the Sage. She was a sadistic mind, who knows what trials she had next? The battle in our minds was unlike any other before. I was indeed intrigued, and as such, my attention was fully on the situation at hand, different from my usual demeanor considering issues. Turns out the Muggle girl was quite an artist herself.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reborn was ready to get on with his training but the awakening of the two individuals off in the distance preempted him. They had approached and addressed Isabella and Reborn. Reborn was rather disappointed with the appearance the two as he realized that he was going to have to share his teacher with these background characters.

"Greetings to you...tertiary, harem looking, female and Judal-san. You may refer to me as Reborn."
Reborn addressed the two.

"I guess I'll continue with what you asked of me sensei. Surreal Palm is a three fanged style that combines breaking and casting genjutsu with taijutsu. Surreal Palm turns makes an enemy's genjutsu a playground to the user, bending it with the body and wasting as little effort in movement as possible. Through the harmony of our movements, Surreal Palm users can easily counter genjutsu and reverse the situation on an opponent with fluidity. As for the neat specifics, maybe one of your other students could take a turn."

Last edited:

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Hmph; the short one truly was a lazy one as well. Alice whose been sitting idly for some time began to draw inpatient with this sudden silence of the marvelous gathering. She would clear her throat, attempting to break the mold and thus began to take the mantle of response.

"Well I suppose I can do the honors of elaboration of this fine wine. As the other elderly man said, Surreal Palm is an extensive style that allows us who dwell in the realm of illusions a brand new kind of tool for combating illusions. The aspects are as followed; the 3 forms of surreal palm. The first is through the mind to combat the illusion; the chaos that lingers within our dream plane. The second form is the bridge between the relam of dreams and the real world, one that allows us to break the binds of illusions. Techniques that leave such a impure impression on us, ones that attempt to confines us is dealt with as the illusionist and their dream body is capable of moving as one unit. Kicking in that world will allow us to kick in reality, of course there is more to it than meets the eye as we can give separate commands to the illusionary body as well as to the real one." Alice said, continuing on "And last form, being the true physical realm, using our body motions to control and shift the Chaos within as well as passing it on to others." She finishes.

Reactions: Troi

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Appears as a really really old hag, blind still, with a lot of arthritis*

This will not do!

*transforms face to a young gal, keeping the rest of the body decrepit*

Cool! Now, this will be really different, as we're only going to have a discussion about the style and techniques. Can't really read or enact a very thoughtful and detailed roleplay, sorry!

I created this style in order to take full advantage of the new rules of Genjutsu, mostly written by me ( so it was easy ahah ). First and foremost, if you understand Genjutsu to this extent there should be no point in having to describe every little thing that is wrong with your opponent's illusion. And frankly, most Genjutsu users don't really understand Genjutsu all that much (looking at you LOK ).

Through the stimulation of the brain through chakra, you're capable of inducing illusionson your opponent. It has come to a point where the ilusions are so well thought out and detailed that it's like you're transporting someone to a different realm. Thus, to a greater or lesser extent, there is a you in the Real Realm, and a you in the Genjutsu Realm, the juxtaposition of both going along a spectrum controlled by the technique, rank, power and proficiency of the caster.

As a master, you deeply undertand the technique behind Genjutsu as an art. As a Surreal Palm Master, you deeply understand the spectrum itself. Through personal experience, you inately understand where in the spectrum you are, because you've been going through it numerous times, Self cast on yourself or targgeted by others. Mastering the Surreal Palm means you inately understand when you're in a Genjutsu, and when you're out of it ( Though mostly you'll maintain yourself somewhere within the spectrum )

Do you understand this?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
*Appears as a really really old hag, blind still, with a lot of arthritis*

This will not do!

*transforms face to a young gal, keeping the rest of the body decrepit*

Cool! Now, this will be really different, as we're only going to have a discussion about the style and techniques. Can't really read or enact a very thoughtful and detailed roleplay, sorry!

I created this style in order to take full advantage of the new rules of Genjutsu, mostly written by me ( so it was easy ahah ). First and foremost, if you understand Genjutsu to this extent there should be no point in having to describe every little thing that is wrong with your opponent's illusion. And frankly, most Genjutsu users don't really understand Genjutsu all that much (looking at you LOK ).

Through the stimulation of the brain through chakra, you're capable of inducing illusionson your opponent. It has come to a point where the ilusions are so well thought out and detailed that it's like you're transporting someone to a different realm. Thus, to a greater or lesser extent, there is a you in the Real Realm, and a you in the Genjutsu Realm, the juxtaposition of both going along a spectrum controlled by the technique, rank, power and proficiency of the caster.

As a master, you deeply undertand the technique behind Genjutsu as an art. As a Surreal Palm Master, you deeply understand the spectrum itself. Through personal experience, you inately understand where in the spectrum you are, because you've been going through it numerous times, Self cast on yourself or targgeted by others. Mastering the Surreal Palm means you inately understand when you're in a Genjutsu, and when you're out of it ( Though mostly you'll maintain yourself somewhere within the spectrum )

Do you understand this?
All clear here ma'am!

• Haha
Reactions: Troi and Daemon

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Cool cool cool.

Ok then, just because you inately know that you're in a genjutsu, does not mean that you can simply get out of it or it's effects. And frankly, if you're a Surreal Palm user, you should strive to manipulate your opponent's genjutsu in the most artful and psychological way. It is no fun otherwise. This means you should understand and read your opponents' genjutsu, and figure out how to best use it against them.

With this style, understanding you're in a genjutsu means you can control both your Physical Self, which will act in the Real Realm, and your Illusion self, which will act in the Genjutsu Realm, even if the Genjutsu you're manipulating has the effect of severing your mind from your body. When using Surreal Palm, you must always be descriptive of what you're doing inside the genjutsu, and what you're doing outside the genjutsu.

So everytime you move with this style, you are essentially casting a second genjutsu onto yourself and your opponent, and Layering Rules apply accordingly. The genjutsu becomes a shared reality between you and your opponent. Your opponent's Genjutsu is the canvas, and your Surreal Palm counter is the brush.

Clear? (I'm surprised I remember this much)

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Cool cool cool.

Ok then, just because you inately know that you're in a genjutsu, does not mean that you can simply get out of it or it's effects. And frankly, if you're a Surreal Palm user, you should strive to manipulate your opponent's genjutsu in the most artful and psychological way. It is no fun otherwise. This means you should understand and read your opponents' genjutsu, and figure out how to best use it against them.

With this style, understanding you're in a genjutsu means you can control both your Physical Self, which will act in the Real Realm, and your Illusion self, which will act in the Genjutsu Realm, even if the Genjutsu you're manipulating has the effect of severing your mind from your body. When using Surreal Palm, you must always be descriptive of what you're doing inside the genjutsu, and what you're doing outside the genjutsu.

So everytime you move with this style, you are essentially casting a second genjutsu onto yourself and your opponent, and Layering Rules apply accordingly. The genjutsu becomes a shared reality between you and your opponent. Your opponent's Genjutsu is the canvas, and your Surreal Palm counter is the brush.

Clear? (I'm surprised I remember this much)
Ah I remember these old tips aha. No questions here

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Okay so now I want you to explain to me the Genjutsu Layering Rules, and also link me the thread/post because I can't find it anymore.
The thread can't be shown cause it's currently in the mod section but one can layer two illusions together of the same rank or two of different ranks. The higher rank will always be the primary and the lower being secondary. The lower one is usually an additional inclusion to the primary illusion but cannot conflict with it as it can at times cause them to clash thus breaking the illusion.

It also works in similar fashion to countering illusions ninjutsu as A rank self inflicting genjutsu can affect another A rank while a B rank can only add into it but cannot overtake it.

Sorry for the short reply, at work and it's rush hour haha.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's cool, don't worry. That's mostly how I remember it, and it's very important to know those rules, as you'll mostly be using and abusing it with the techniques of Surreal Palm

( Shu-rute: Sai Ningen ⋔ Ringo ) Surreal Palm: Sapiens's Scions ⋔ Apple
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Allows oneself to detach their head onto the chaos that confounds the senses. When targeted by sense altering illusions, such as blindness, deafness, or the such, the user will move his/her torso around, lowering or rising one's stance. As it happens, the head will seemingly detach from the rest of the body, while the headless body will simply appear completely black, hair falling to the sides but a complete see-through hole where the face should be. The face will stay behind as a dummy target for the opponent's illusion, with a large apple in front of it, while multiple tiny apples will appear all around the target in a grid. The black body can move behind the tiny apples, almost like multiple eyes whenever the see-through hole aligns just right. This is all a distraction, as the physical body of the practitioner isn't bound to the black avatar, and can move, unseen, independently.

*The practitioner can dodge incoming threats, as the motions are powered by chakra, but can't move from the same axis, behind the tiny apple grid, nor exit short range from the point of casting*
*The practitioner can connect this basic evasion technique with a different one, but casting any form of genjutsu will disrupt this one*
*Can only be used twice every three turns*

Apple is based on the painting by Magritte "The Son of Man". This is the basic and most powerful counter of Surreal Palm. Regardless of the Genjutsu, this technique allows the illusion to happen inside the head of dummy, while extracting your spiritual and physical body. It's like turning any genjutsu your opponent cast into a movie, you leave the theatre but the movie keeps rolling.

From your opponent point of view, he sees you dettach your head (which keeps floating in the same spot, unmoving), then move as a black avatar behind a wall of floating green apples. Everytime you actually move in Real time, all he sees is a black avatar moving. That can either be your actual body, or you can make the black avatar move differently from you (thus you'll be invisible to your opponent).

From your point of view, whatever illusion you were experiencing seems to shift upwards, like you're peeking under a rug. You'll then see the real world as it actually is, while at the same time you see the other side of the green apple wall (because you're still under the influence of Apple's Illusion as it is cast on both you and your opponent). As for the black avatar, you can either see yourself as the black avatar, or move independently from him and see the black avatar sort of like a clone moving besides you. If you ever move your real body in such a manner that your head goes on the same spot as your dettached head, you'll see your opponent's illusion once again, since it is still there.

Due to the low level of this Genjutsu, it is unable to actually release/stop your opponent's genjutsu. But due to the nature of Apple, it is pretty much useless anyway.

Also, because this is a Taijutsu as well, you can use this to dodge anything a D rank technique would dodge, like ninjutsu or weapons. You can basically do D rank flips, jumps, rolls, etc and you can also attack someone with a D rank power behind it.
Questions?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Shu-rute: Sanpo Jinrui ⋔ Shinka ) Surreal Palm: Humanity's Hymn ⋔ Evolution
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Allows the divergence of chaos through the continuous rebirth of the self. Charging chakra through the body, the practitioner is able to empower his/her motions, moving up to mid-range from the point of casting, by running, jumping or rolling. Within the illusion, the user will appear to continuously rebirth, separated from each reincarnation, which appear more and more eccentric in appearance and size. The first avatar will look exactly like the practitioner before the start of the technique, carrying every damage and restraints, while the following reincarnations may appear much different, and free. The practitioner as enough freedom to give each reincarnation as much detail as wished, creating copies of himself or others, or merely creating deformed humanoids or various colors. With the exception of the transitions between each rebirth, every avatar follows the exact same movement and position of the practitioner, neither can move independently.

*The practitioner can connect this basic evasion technique with a different one, but casting any form of genjutsu will disrupt this one*
*Can only be used once every three turns*

This technique was inspired by illustration made by Rudolph Zallinger "The March of Progress". It is a much more versatile and stronger Taijutsu dodge/movement, and was initially constructed as such. It has a very similar "leave the theatre while the movie is rolling" as Apple, but here you keep a first "evolution" dummy that keeps feeling the effects of the Genjutsu. Storywise, it is an amazing illusion to perfom, since you can costumize everything about the evolutions.

You could, for instances, leaving behind a dummy and explode forward as if you just made a clone, or you could turn into your summon animal and make it seem like you actually summoned one. You can come forward as a ghost or like a shinigami. As an Uchiha, I could make my body stay the same, and then have an evolution come out of me looking like my Kuchisake Onna. The possibilities are endless.

Just have to remember that every time you create a new evolution, the previous one will be stuck in place, in the same shape as you were before, with the exception of the first dummy that keeps feeling the efects of the original illusion. And remember that every evolution follows the same motions as your real body do.

So, imagine a genjutsu is cast on me that ties me up with ropes. First I jump forward, and the illusion makes it seem as if a clone of me is jumping out of my initial body's mouth. I then hit the floor, and a second image of me is stuck on the floor, as my real body turns sideways, looking like a spirit that rolls on the air. Then the spirits keeps in place, rolled up, as another clone completes the movement and claps.
Your opponent will see you clapping, with a spirit ball in mid air behind you, another clone ducked on the floor behind it, and a clone of your tied in ropes with a huge gaping mouth.

You could also use this jutsu to create multiple black copies of you, as you run around. You can then double back behind the wall of stactic clones, and basically be unseen by your opponent. Understand this?