Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ohaidere! So, you should already understand very well what the Surreal Palm is about, but no waste in making sure. Surreal Palm is woven in the theory that genjutsu is chaos, and putting that genjutsu on someone else is the way to cleanse yourself from chaos and pass it on. Surreal Palm works by placing yourself in the same genjutsu as your opponents and then move it's flow to them.

It's connected with your own body's motion, you achieve balance out of the chaos and sweep it on to someone else.
Now that the introduction is done, tell me more about the style

Drāgy

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ultimately you and me wanted to create a concept of motion and illusion, which of course had to be cunning as well as deadly, therefore we introduced the the idea of molding the fabric of reality, where the practitioners' motions cast the illusion, and then mold it in synchronization. Correspondingly we wanted our moves to be characteristically confusing, because the more motion an attack has, the more disturbance it carries in the illusion. As I see the style, it pertains for the utilization of more advanced illusions, employing a genjutsu initiated with motion, that simultaneously moves and manipulates the illusion on one self and casts the same illusion on to the opponent.

You have already mentioned the significantly appealing features of the style, about how essentially the main philosophy of it is that in order to have true balance between the body and the mind, one must get rid of the chaos that taints our very own organism, however, that chaos cannot be simply purged and lost in the world as we know it. It must be marvellously cast on someone else.

Surreal Palm has three simple forms, which act simultaneously to allow the practitioner to manipulate the chaos (genjutsu) and approach the opponent for the final attack (taijutsu):

1) The first form is inside the consciousness, being purely Genjutsu and describing what happens in the illusion. Ultimately this method battles the illusion itself for clarity of perception, cunningly revolving around the manipulation of the illusion, and break through the constrictions of the the mind; e.g. punching walls that attempt to stop you, slashing through vines that attempt to either bind or restrict you, or even cutting through the fabric of the illusion that attempts to blind you.

2) The second form is mainly the bridge between reality and illusion, describing how it frees the user from the boundaries of the genjutsu, thus allowing the user to move past the genjutsu and into reality. This method is essentially used against the type of overwhelming illusion that reverts your consciousness to itself, making you believe you're moving, when it's all in your head, and you're left standing immobile in reality. Furthermore it takes over the body and, while manipulating the mind and the realm with the first method, it also translates the motions of the illusionary body into the actual body. The best example of it would be, that when you punch in the illusion, you also punch in reality.

3) And finally last but not least the final third form. This one is purely physical, describing the user's motions and attacks, which are in tune with the genjutsu, as well as revolving around different kind of elegant motions such as slashing, fast, slow, wiggle and so on. Of course the moves would be characteristically confusing, because the more motion an attack has, the more disturbance it carries in the illusion (as I have already mentioned in the first paragraph). By using a lot of broad strokes and wiggly movements, both to make the style more unpredictable, but also to encase each attack with greater momentum, we release it all at the point of collision.

Taking everything above into consideration, I want to say, that I am really liking this style because of many magnificent reasons. It essentially brings the illusionary arts, as well as the close combat arts, to a new level of excellence. It allows you to utilize very advanced illusions, which can be a game changer in a battle. The future techniques that we are going to create will be of course capable of countering genjutsu, and other mind-altering techniques, which is simply amazing. Furthermore, something what I am really like is that since the genjutsu used within the style can stand on its own, it can also be used in its natural conjunction with taijutsu for purely offensive, or even supplementary, usages, not requiring a host genjutsu.

Last edited:

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Indeeeeeed! Excellent analysis. Now let's move on to the technical aspects of the style. It is given that this style requires full mastery of the Genjutsu arts. In order to counter the taint, you need to understand how the taint functions. You are, in essence, fighting genjutsu with genjutsu, and that falls under the Genjutsu Layering Rules. I described how the style works with it, but we're going to have some exercises about it. Before with do so, do you have any questions?

Secondly, with learning Surreal Palm, you will frequently undertake mediation exercises that deal with casting genjutsu onto yourself, and, navigate through that self-imposed genjutsu in order to discern illusion from reality. This is in order to build your Genjutsu awareness, in order to prepare yourself to receive upon you the taint of others, and then swiftly purge it out. This build up your awareness, inherently, but not your immunity. Being aware of what is real and what is not allows for immunity against mind-sealing techniques, as you stated, but not against genjutsu that is binding your senses. If a jutsu says you're paralyzed because it transports your consciousness to a different realm, then you are immune to that aspect of the genjutsu, because you can always center yourself back to reality, but if the genjutsu paralyzes you because it sends you vines that bind your body, then you must go through the proper tools that the style gives you in order to purge them.

Thirdly, we shall understand the difference between Experiencing the Style, Studying the Style, Mastering the Style, and being a Master of the Style, as they are different.

The first, we can call it the Beholder, is marveling the style, or battling it. It's important to make the distinction because the style is meant to be seen, it's meant to amaze. The techniques aren't so much for practicality as they are to be behold, they are art, they are elevation, and if your target isn't being transposed to a realm of breathtaking wonder, then you are falling.

The second is the person entering the style, and starting to learn and train in it. Without having ran through all the existing techniques, the one is still considered the Artist, and will still be able to use the fraction of the style he learned in order to amaze the opponent, and bring balance to the self. The Artist has the tools, but not the yet the virtues.

The third is the fully fledged Artist, that acquired all the existing knowledge of the style. He is the impersonation of the art, and it's creator, he is the Dreamer, the Dream-Catcher. Having completed the style, the Dreamer will have mastered all that is to master, and is fully capable of upholding the teachings of the Surreal Palm. Some virtues, which nothing but special bonus, can be applied to those that mastered the style, but not all.

The fourth is the Dreamer that took one's knowledge of the style beyond it's mastery. He is the Wonder, the Surrealist. The full Masters of the Surreal Palm chose it above all other Fighting Styles, and, for that, acquire the full virtues of the style, as stated not only in the individual submissions, as the virtues of the Dreamer, but also in the style submission itself, the higher ones.

Do you have any questions on these points?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright then, let us start the exercise.

*With a flair of my hand, I produce a single small voodoo lily made of perfume between the both of us. Sweetly and gradually, the perfume spreads between us. It is nothing but a an empty perfume, with a very sweet and comfortable scent. I modulate the chakra in order to stay indefinitely in the field, as it will support us*

( Meromeroton: Mane ღ Mane) Perfume Release: Laveau's Sorcery ღ Mimétisme
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: N/A (+10)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This technique stands as the ability to change the medium of a Genjutsu to that of scent, utilizing Perfume chakra to cast the Genjutsu. This can be done handsealessly, spiting out a nearly invisible mist of vaporous colorful perfume that will spread up to 15 meters in a direction or all around (Short-Mid) or with 1 handseal, allowing the user to grow a great flower, resembling a voodoo lily, made of liquid perfume, within range, though at least 3 meters from the opponent which will spread the scent 15 meters around it (Short-Mid for creation of flower; Genjutsu effect up to Mid-range around the flower).
*The mist/flower remain active for 2 turns in the air unless countered or dispersed. The scent itself has the autonomy of 1 turn without the support of it's origin.*
*Can only be used 4 times for an A rank Genjutsu, and 2 time for an S rank Genjutsu*
*The genjutsu used through this technique must be posted along. The chakra cost will still stand for both ( 10 + Genjutsu ), but it will count as 1 jutsu*
*The mist itself is a D-Rank Perfume technique in strength and can be countered following normal elemental strengths and weaknesses; rank of the illusion cast is that of the original illusion with no added strength*
*The user is capable of compressing the perfume in a vial, through the same 1 handseal, where it will be kept indefinitely, without exposure to the air. If exposed, the perfume will have the same spread and properties as described*
*Can only be used once every 2 turns*

This is a Mimétisme Lilly, made with perfume. It's sweet scent will allows us to relax as we practice the exercises required for you to train in the style. We will be working with Genjutsu and Freestyle for the moment, before we pass on to the actual techniques that perform these two simultaneously. For now, I want you to breathe, and take in your environment. Your anchor, for now, will be your own breathing, which will be very noticeable through the intake of the perfume. Afterwards, we shall move on the other types of anchoring.

*charging chakra through the flower, I infuse it with Animalia, modulated into a D rank, instead of a B rank. As I do so, the perfume starts carrying the genjutsu, and several butterflies of various colors appears all around us, fluttering their wings, touching your skin with the caress of their flight*

( Genjutsu: Hyakujuu ) Illusion Technique: Animalia
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: N/a
Description: By preforming 1 handseal, the user is able to cast an illusion where the opponent will feel a great amount of animals of any chosen size, within some limit , around himself. The illusion will manifest itself as body parts, whole animals, living or dead, attacking the user or standing still. While it can create any animal, it is more frequently used to summon animal specimens of one's summoning contract. Blood can be added to further reinstate the realism of the illusion.

This is a genjutsu. Can you distinguish the sensation of the butterflies from the sensation of the perfume?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shh!

*I say, opening one of my eyes*

Focus on the scent and tell me what you know about the style. Ignore the butterflies, let them flutter around you. Concentrate on your voice and mine.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shh!

*I say, opening one of my eyes*

Focus on the scent and tell me what you know about the style. Ignore the butterflies, let them flutter around you. Concentrate on your voice and mine.
Ok, first of all, you two are scaring the shit out of me. D: Are you even real? >_<

From all those walls of text I get that the style revolves around controlling genjutsu (chaos) with your movements, which is essential for a CFS. The main thesis is that you surround yourself with chaos and then you pass it onto the opponent in order to cleanse yourself. The important thing that I draw out of it is the fact that you can slash vines within the illusion in order to simply destroy the illusion. Per genjutsu rules, a genjutsu lasts until its purpose is completed or until something disrupts it. By slashing the vines before they wrap around you, their purpose actually failed and the genjutsu ends, cleansing yourself. I think that this is an absolutely amazing feature and one of the main reasons why I find this so appealing. The other thing I really like about it is the ability to control the illusions with hand movements, distorting the illusions and the whole realm at your whim.

See, you can explain things with few words and without using words you don't even understand. U_U

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I focus and start breathing, relaxing and taking in my environment. Slowly I start focusing on the perfume and watch as it starts turning into countless butterflies. For one, it's obvious that the butterflies are made of the perfume, as they start surrounding me. I can clearly see the perfume and sense its sweet scent, while as the butterfly move around me and close in, the scent dissipates and weakens, showing sings of the butterflies being only a visual illusion. Since the butterflies are made of perfume it would only be natural that they also carry its scent as they surround me, which doesn't seem the case here.

Yeah, I can tell.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I focus and start breathing, relaxing and taking in my environment. Slowly I start focusing on the perfume and watch as it starts turning into countless butterflies. For one, it's obvious that the butterflies are made of the perfume, as they start surrounding me. I can clearly see the perfume and sense its sweet scent, while as the butterfly move around me and close in, the scent dissipates and weakens, showing sings of the butterflies being only a visual illusion. Since the butterflies are made of perfume it would only be natural that they also carry its scent as they surround me, which doesn't seem the case here.

Yeah, I can tell.
*Make sure to understand the perfume is a medium not a subject, and the butterflies are in your head, not in the perfume. It doesn't weaken just because you will it. Also, it's not just visual, it has a tactual side to it, which you can clearly feel. All the other senses are being manipulated as well, you just don't really perceive them*

Drāgy

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright then, let us start the exercise.

*With a flair of my hand, I produce a single small voodoo lily made of perfume between the both of us. Sweetly and gradually, the perfume spreads between us. It is nothing but a an empty perfume, with a very sweet and comfortable scent. I modulate the chakra in order to stay indefinitely in the field, as it will support us*

( Meromeroton: Mane ღ Mane) Perfume Release: Laveau's Sorcery ღ Mimétisme
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: N/A (+10)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This technique stands as the ability to change the medium of a Genjutsu to that of scent, utilizing Perfume chakra to cast the Genjutsu. This can be done handsealessly, spiting out a nearly invisible mist of vaporous colorful perfume that will spread up to 15 meters in a direction or all around (Short-Mid) or with 1 handseal, allowing the user to grow a great flower, resembling a voodoo lily, made of liquid perfume, within range, though at least 3 meters from the opponent which will spread the scent 15 meters around it (Short-Mid for creation of flower; Genjutsu effect up to Mid-range around the flower).
*The mist/flower remain active for 2 turns in the air unless countered or dispersed. The scent itself has the autonomy of 1 turn without the support of it's origin.*
*Can only be used 4 times for an A rank Genjutsu, and 2 time for an S rank Genjutsu*
*The genjutsu used through this technique must be posted along. The chakra cost will still stand for both ( 10 + Genjutsu ), but it will count as 1 jutsu*
*The mist itself is a D-Rank Perfume technique in strength and can be countered following normal elemental strengths and weaknesses; rank of the illusion cast is that of the original illusion with no added strength*
*The user is capable of compressing the perfume in a vial, through the same 1 handseal, where it will be kept indefinitely, without exposure to the air. If exposed, the perfume will have the same spread and properties as described*
*Can only be used once every 2 turns*

This is a Mimétisme Lilly, made with perfume. It's sweet scent will allows us to relax as we practice the exercises required for you to train in the style. We will be working with Genjutsu and Freestyle for the moment, before we pass on to the actual techniques that perform these two simultaneously. For now, I want you to breathe, and take in your environment. Your anchor, for now, will be your own breathing, which will be very noticeable through the intake of the perfume. Afterwards, we shall move on the other types of anchoring.

*charging chakra through the flower, I infuse it with Animalia, modulated into a D rank, instead of a B rank. As I do so, the perfume starts carrying the genjutsu, and several butterflies of various colors appears all around us, fluttering their wings, touching your skin with the caress of their flight*

( Genjutsu: Hyakujuu ) Illusion Technique: Animalia
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: N/a
Description: By preforming 1 handseal, the user is able to cast an illusion where the opponent will feel a great amount of animals of any chosen size, within some limit , around himself. The illusion will manifest itself as body parts, whole animals, living or dead, attacking the user or standing still. While it can create any animal, it is more frequently used to summon animal specimens of one's summoning contract. Blood can be added to further reinstate the realism of the illusion.

This is a genjutsu. Can you distinguish the sensation of the butterflies from the sensation of the perfume?
Having had a pleasant day thus far Jayce only expected it to get even better as it progressed. However the ambience of the surroundings was weird. Something about the area itself put him in a state of peace, because it was calm – serene, a scene anyone would have found aesthetic. Yet it was quiet. Too quiet. After relaxing his shoulders and allowing his arms to drop to his respective sides, trying to stay calm and focused, he narrowed his eyes to make a swift assessment of the person standing before him, taking in all of the information that he could possibly infer from a first impression. Upon noticing the intriguing lady in the middle of the field, he immediately realized that his teacher was ready to start with the actual training.

Relaxing and taking in the tranquil essence of the surroundings, his pupils flickered downwards, as she produced a single small voodoo lily made of perfume between her and him. He immediately distinguished the movements of the floating perfume in the air around him. Sweetly and gradually, the perfume was spreading between the two individuals. Essentially the perfume had a very sweet and comfortable scent. Furthermore, by following the instructions given by his teacher, Jayce started breathing deeply.

Suddenly several butterflies of various colors appeared all around them. It was strange. Very strange. Jayce saw no cloud of smoke thus meaning that the only way for them to be created was through the perfume, obviously it was the medium from which they were created. However why was the perfume still around him if it was only used as a medium? Ultimately there were now two things Jayce had to pay attention to - the perfume floating in the air & the butterflies. However, he started believing that the butterflies were not real, but then suddenly, by fluttering their wings, they started touching his skin with the caress of their flight. However Jayce was an exceptional sound user, meaning that he was able to hear beyond normal hearing. Correspondingly he couldn't hear the butterflies flapping their wings thus clarifying his statement that they were an illusion.

Little did he know that the calmness would be broken sooner than he expect by the woman. She elucidated that the butterflies were indeed an illusion. Jayce could for sure tell the difference between the sensation of the illusion and the sensation of the perfume.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As the both of you experienced, while it's hard to note the differences, Illusion will always pale in comparison with Reality. This is one of the reason why Pain, physical pain, pierces through the illusion, because it's an injection of reality into the realm of the illusion. In due time, these differences will become so evident that they'll become second nature. When that happens, Genjutsu's nature will not hide itself from you, and you'll always be able to understand your senses are being manipulated. This will naturally happen according with your rank and mastery of the style. Can you tell me the rank limitation of the Artist, and the bonus of the Surrealist?

Reactions: Nonomi

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
An Artist is the person that is starting to learn the Surreal Palm arts and that has learned not all techniques. He is the one that has the virtue but not the tools to properly wield the Surreal Palm arts.

A Surrealist is the person that fully mastered the style and he puts it above all fighting styles. Basically, he is the one that specifically specializes in it and has achieved all virtues. In other words, he is capable of awareness 1 rank superior than his normal rank and bypass the genjutsu layering rules up to 4 times per battle, being able to use techniques 1 rank lower than normal to defend from a genjutsu.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
An Artist is the person that is starting to learn the Surreal Palm arts and that has learned not all techniques. He is the one that has the virtue but not the tools to properly wield the Surreal Palm arts.

A Surrealist is the person that fully mastered the style and he puts it above all fighting styles. Basically, he is the one that specifically specializes in it and has achieved all virtues. In other words, he is capable of awareness 1 rank superior than his normal rank and bypass the genjutsu layering rules up to 4 times per battle, being able to use techniques 1 rank lower than normal to defend from a genjutsu.
You correctly state that a Surrealist is capable of awareness 1 rank superior than his normal rank. What is the normal rank?