5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mission System | Storyboard Submissions

Description:

In this thread players submit their completed missions for grading and, upon mission success have their assigned reward for said mission approved. After you believe your mission and its story elements have been explored to their potential, you will out the template below and wait for the submission to be checked. The mission rewards, listed below as well as in the Kumi thread, are very simple. All role-players participating in the mission receive the full amount of Kumi and Ryo for that rank of mission.

• D-Rank: 300 Kumi
  • C-Rank: 550 Kumi
  • B-Rank: 750 Kumi
  • A-Rank: 1,150 Kumi
  • S-Rank: 1,750 Kumi

Template:

These submissions follow a simple template. Most elements are self-explanatory, but the relevant mission links include every part of the mission, not just its beginning and end. It is important for the checker to be able to follow the progression of the mission clearly and thoroughly, especially if that mission spans over multiple threads and posts. You are not required to input any additional information, but if you feel there is something that the checker needs to be made aware of then it should be input here.

Mission Template:
PHP:
[B]Players involved:
Mission Rank:
Story elements chosen:
Date of beginning & date of conclusion:
Relevant mission links:
Additional information:[/B]
Please note that only one mission can be submitted per post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: McRazor

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Players involved: UdonPanda
Mission Rank: S
Story elements chosen: Survive a near-death situation, Safely transport highly classified information
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 8/April, 9/April
Relevant mission links: ,
Additional information:
I had a lot of fun. This system I think is really good. I hope this first test mission will be a good guide/test for you guys.

~Mission Failed: Although the first storyboard element was covered adequately the second one; actually transporting the secret documents, just kind of 'happened.' There was no struggle or conflict tied to that element and little that constituted an S-rank obstacle

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Players involved: Nobuwa
Mission Rank: S Rank
Story elements chosen:
- Experiment with very advanced ninjutsu (5)
[/B]Begins - 8/4/2018 Ends - 8/4/2018
Relevant mission links:
Additional information: N/A

Mission failed. The storyboard element was not covered adequately; there wasn't much of an experiment in regards to an advanced ninjutsu, and it was really only a sealing technique at that. While length is not necessarily important, it is telling for how much detail went into the experiment. 3/4ths of the post was dedicated toward setting up the scenario, which was fine. But the remainder was only dedicated toward a brief covering of the obscure technique, and without experimentation.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

Skaaar

Kin
54💸
Kumi
1,545💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players involved: Skaaar
Mission Rank: C Rank
Story elements chosen:• Defend yourself from wild beasts (2)
• Set up a secure camp (2)
Begins - 09/04/2018 | Ends - 09/04/2018
Relevant mission links:
Additional information: This wouldn't have been feasible without my imagination, it helped a ton.​

~Passed: This is a solid pass. You spent the necessary time on your storyboard elements and explored them adequately. Good work! You can now add 450 Kumi to your inventory.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Players involved: Udonpanda
Story elements chosen: Experiment with very advanced ninjutsu
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: Start and End on the 10th April 2018
Relevant mission links:

Pending. Discussing with ZK tomorrow.

Mission Failed. Both ZK and I were very torn on this one. The requirement to experiment with a ninjutsu was successful, and we applaud the effort put into that. But the overall difficulty of the mission, S-Rank, also implies that the setting and the inherent difficulty of it must be much higher.

S-Ranks are the highest rank of mission possible. Completing these missions take that extra 10% and setting the appropriate conditions around the mission. In this case it was done for and because of students, meaning it is in a very safe setting. S-Rank missions don't imply a safe and controlled setting. Using Medical Ninjutsu certainly does quality as advanced ninjutsu, but this was just using shape manipulation and infusing it with medical chakra.

• Wow

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Mission Rank: B
Story elements chosen: Investigate the history of a landmark
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 10/April 2018
Relevant mission links:
Additional information:

Mission Failed. I almost passed this, but I thought more and more on it, and then read it over again. Here's the landmark description:

The second of three tall spires that serve a dual purpose as a watch tower. This tower is on the outermost reach of Tier Three, looking out over the South East of Amegakure, housing the Communications Division in the uppermost section of the Spire and the Prison in the sections below street level.
You did well with freeforming it, and you're definitely encouraged to do that. But I feel like this was lacking in detail as well, and there's a lot you could go at with the Communications Division and the Prison that are on opposite ends of the Tower. For these types of missions I recommend starting ground level with the literal landmark description, and then freeforming interesting history from there. I liked the memorial bit, but like I said you should hit on what's actually in the landmark first before advancing on to some freeform stuff.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Mission Rank: A
Story elements chosen: Investigate a Landmark
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 11th April
Relevant mission links:
Additional information:
Trying to still learn properly how to clear the objective, hope this is better and satisfactory

~Mission Failed: Although I appreciate your twist on 'investigate' I really thought the details about the actual landmark were lacking. I expected more description of exploration and/or investigation in the landmark itself. When you pick only one storyboard element you have to be a bit more exhaustive in exploring it.

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Players involved: LGeezy
Mission Rank: C
Story elements chosen:
  • Explore an abandoned site (2)
  • Set up camp (1)
  • Finish a chore using Ninjutsu (1)
  • Do some moderate meditation to improve focus (1)
  • Perform a moderate workout routine (2)
  • Defend yourself from wild beasts (2)
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 04/11/2018
Relevant mission links:
Additional information:

Thanks to all involved who helped put this together, I can honestly say I enjoyed creating a storyboard. The provided elements really help to give you a direction to take the story while taking away all the anxiety of having to necessarily need someone to help facilitate the whole process as an NPC or mission giver. Loved being able to take control and determine my own story. I hope to create many more!

~Mission passed. What a nice and cohesive narrative. Definitely worth the read and every point of the 450 Kumi reward :)

• Angry

Skaaar

Kin
54💸
Kumi
1,545💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission Rank: C Rank
Story elements chosen:
• Perform a moderate workout routine [2]
Begins - 11/4/2018 | Ends - 11/4/2018
Relevant mission links:
Additional information: Just a simple continuation of my character's story.​

Mission Passed.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Story elements chosen: Facilitate a major peace agreement
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 11th April
Relevant mission links:
Additional information: Part 3 of Tohru's adventure reminiscing about her relationship with Kairi

~Mission Failed: Same problem as last time. If you do one storyboard element for an S-rank it has to be explored exhaustively. It's not that I don't like this story; I do, but it is simply not an S-rank.

ZandaT

Legendary
Kin
207💸
Kumi
8,739💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Players involved: ZandaT
Mission Rank: D
Story elements chosen:
  • Set up camp {1}
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: (Start 4/12) | (End 4/12)
Relevant mission links:
Additional information: Just a little starting story. Nothing Big

~Mission Passed. At first I didn't really see much 'setting up camp' here, but then I realized you were an Akimichi and getting food would likely be a big part of that process, haha. Enjoy your 250 Kumi.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Story elements chosen: Steal valuable information from the enemy, Spy on an important target and remain undetected
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 12th April
Relevant mission links:
Additional information:
Tried to incorporate both objectives in two parts.

Mission Passed. This was better. And while it doesn't impact your mission performance, I don't think you'd need to use the Copy Technique in that way. I think passively using your Sharingan to track your opponent's hand and its limited precognitive abilities could probably let you replicate what they were writing fine.

Skaaar

Kin
54💸
Kumi
1,545💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission Rank: B Rank
Story elements chosen:• Investigate the history of a Landmark (3)
Begins - 13/4/2018 | Ends - 13/4/2018
Relevant mission links:
Additional information: Just a simple continuation of my character's story which is actually more fun at this point having to relate with an NPC.​

Mission Passed.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players involved: Shinta
Mission Rank: C-rank
Story elements chosen:
-Do some moderate meditation to improve focus (D-rank, 1 point)
-Choose between what is right and what is easy (B-rank, 3 points)​
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 18/04/2018 Start and Finish
Relevant mission links:

Not directly relevant by it's the of this event for Fuu.
Additional information: This is just part of a full arc I've taken Fuu on, so I tried to fit this aspect into the story-board missions presented as best I could.

~Mission Passed. If you don't like the elements on the list don't be afraid to generate some custom ones for your mission. Drackos or I will check and approve them in a jiffy.
Also, nice mission.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Story elements chosen: Choose between what is right and what is easy
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 18th April
Relevant mission links:
Additional information:
N/A

~Mission Passed.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players involved: Goetia
Story elements chosen:

⇒ Safely transport highly classified information

Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 19th April
Relevant mission links: &

~Mission Passed. Now this is podracing.

Pyro NB

Amegakure
Elite
Kin
1,590💸
Kumi
10,937💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players Involved: Pyro NB
Story elements chosen: Spy on an important target without being seen
Date of beginning, Date of conclusion: 19/04/2019 - 20/04/2018
Relevant mission Links: -
Additional information: Don't know if this matters or not but this is Part one of a bigger story arc.

~ I must've not seen this, sorry about that. However, I still have to call this a fail. I just feel like the rank of this mission does not correspond to the narrative.. I'm glad to see you use the abilities at your disposal, but the difficulty of your task, i.e. your story, has to match the rank. Your Byakugan just makes this too easy, so you have to adjust your story to reflect that fact, just as someone with a tier 4 Dojutsu would.

Apart from that, your storytelling is good. However, your time spent spying, which isn't as much as I would have liked considering that it's our only storyboard element, is mostly spent listening to a conversation. You should explore some more elements of your task if this is the route you want to go; with one storyboard element that is.

Skaaar

Kin
54💸
Kumi
1,545💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission Rank: B Rank
Story elements chosen:• Choose between what is right and what is easy
Begins - 19/4/2018 | Ends - 19/4/2018
Relevant mission links:
Additional information: N/A​

~Mission Failed. If you do only one storyboard element it better be creatively explored and I just don't see that here. I realize you posted this expecting to continue the story, but in the current form it just doesn't work. Better luck next time.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Players involved: Skorm
Story elements chosen: Terrorize a large community + Set up camp
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 24/04/2018 - 24/04/2018
Relevant mission links:
Additional information: This was great fun xd.

Mission Passed. Nice job using a mission to claim your landmark. The only issue is the mission rank. This would be a B-Rank mission as the average of the elements used (D and A) would average to B-Rank. I've edited this to reflect that, but you're free to add your 650 Kumi and 650 Ryo to your accounting in your CJ thread.

Also bear in mind that your bio now has the Ryo on its person. So you may want to get your clan bank set up or something before you get jumped >.>. Or go to an independent bank.