Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good.

And now, do you know what a lunge is? If you do, please explain it to me as if I was someone who didn't understand.

If you don't I'll explain what it is.

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No, I don't know what it is, unfortunately.
That's fine, I'll explain.

Stabs are less powerful, but can have a higher fatality, due to their speed- you can get in and out, quickly. But, they do also cover a shorter distance.

Lunges are full-body, where as stabs use only your arms; so, they have much more power behind them, but also leave you open, due to the way that can be preformed.

This woman demonstrates a very good lunge in SPORT fencing. Being as this is battle training, our form is a bit different - your movement will be quicker, harsher, and you'll most likely flair your arm diagonally behind you to stabilize instead of diagonally behind you.

Any questions?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's fine, I'll explain.

Stabs are less powerful, but can have a higher fatality, due to their speed- you can get in and out, quickly. But, they do also cover a shorter distance.

Lunges are full-body, where as stabs use only your arms; so, they have much more power behind them, but also leave you open, due to the way that can be preformed.

This woman demonstrates a very good lunge in SPORT fencing. Being as this is battle training, our form is a bit different - your movement will be quicker, harsher, and you'll most likely flair your arm diagonally behind you to stabilize instead of diagonally behind you.

Any questions?
Alright. All understood. What now?

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now try it out, get used to the movement and what not.

After this you wont have to do anymore movements and I'll just be explaining everything.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now try it out, get used to the movement and what not.

After this you wont have to do anymore movements and I'll just be explaining everything.
Alright, let's try it out.

I prepare for the lunge by sligthly bending my knees. When I feel comfortable I quickly step forward with my left leg, landing on my heel first. I make sure to keep my knee at 90°, directly above my toes. I continue this movement until I almost touch the ground with my back knee. While doing this I perform a stab with my left hand and I flair my right hand backwards, diagonally, to stabilize. After that I return to my original postition and perform the lunge a few more times, to get used to it.

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, and we move on to movement.

You can preform a sidestep by either pushing off with your opposite leg (If I want to rush right, I push off with my left leg), or by actually quickly stepping in that direction.

It's pretty simple, but immensely useful...but I'm pretty sure you knew that already.

Try describing a movement as if a vertical slash was coming down at you.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, and we move on to movement.

You can preform a sidestep by either pushing off with your opposite leg (If I want to rush right, I push off with my left leg), or by actually quickly stepping in that direction.

It's pretty simple, but immensely useful...but I'm pretty sure you knew that already.

Try describing a movement as if a vertical slash was coming down at you.
I'll go with you performing the slash with a bokken.

As I see you raise your hands above your head in order to perform a vertical slash with your bokken, I quickly do a sidestep to my left, pushing off with my right leg and use the momentum to perform a two handed horizontal slash from left to right, aiming at your abdomen.

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'll go with you performing the slash with a bokken.

As I see you raise your hands above your head in order to perform a vertical slash with your bokken, I quickly do a sidestep to my left, pushing off with my right leg and use the momentum to perform a two handed horizontal slash from left to right, aiming at your abdomen.
Good well now we'll move onto Arc Stepping. As you just did a side step, which is considered a defensive movement by simply moving out of the way of an incoming slash, an Arc step is a bit more offensive in which you move your body in an arc towards the opponent in order to see their profile, rather than a simple sidestep.

So I guess you should do that now under the same circumstances of the last turn :p

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good well now we'll move onto Arc Stepping. As you just did a side step, which is considered a defensive movement by simply moving out of the way of an incoming slash, an Arc step is a bit more offensive in which you move your body in an arc towards the opponent in order to see their profile, rather than a simple sidestep.

So I guess you should do that now under the same circumstances of the last turn :p
Sure ^^

As I notice you, raising your hands above your head in order to perform a vertical slash, I quickly push off my right leg, to my left, to avoid your slash. As I'm about to land on my left foot I rotate my torso for about 90° so that I end up facing you from your side, looking at your profile.

You do have a big nose, Jacob-Sempai! :p

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sure ^^

As I notice you, raising your hands above your head in order to perform a vertical slash, I quickly push off my right leg, to my left, to avoid your slash. As I'm about to land on my left foot I rotate my torso for about 90° so that I end up facing you from your side, looking at your profile.

You do have a big nose, Jacob-Sempai! :p
Lol >_>

A good. This may seem like an odd question, but what kind of strikes do you think you can avoid by jumping? Like where would the strike have to be generally aimed at in order for you to avoid by jumping.

And after you tell me that, do the same thing with ducking - Where would a strike generally have to be aimed for you to avoid by ducking?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lol >_>

A good. This may seem like an odd question, but what kind of strikes do you think you can avoid by jumping? Like where would the strike have to be generally aimed at in order for you to avoid by jumping.

And after you tell me that, do the same thing with ducking - Where would a strike generally have to be aimed for you to avoid by ducking?
To avoid a strike by jumping it should be a horizontal slash aimed at my legs. And to avoid a strike by ducking it should be a horizontal slash aimed at my torso, or head.

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To avoid a strike by jumping it should be a horizontal slash aimed at my legs. And to avoid a strike by ducking it should be a horizontal slash aimed at my torso, or head.
Yeah, pretty much.

And we move on to parries.

Parries are a lesser form of a counter; instead of matching a strike and immediately counter-attacking, parries are generally used to either stop, redirect, or simply deflect an attack - that's not to say that they can't be incredibly useful.

Think of it like this - if you come at me with a horizontal slice, instead of actually blocking your blade and stopping it, I swing my blade at yours, hitting it near the top, and push it out wide, quickly.

That's a key to remember with parries - they generally hit above the mid-point of the blade. They stop an attack with the strike, but it doesn't keep your blade in prolonged contact with another.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, pretty much.

And we move on to parries.

Parries are a lesser form of a counter; instead of matching a strike and immediately counter-attacking, parries are generally used to either stop, redirect, or simply deflect an attack - that's not to say that they can't be incredibly useful.

Think of it like this - if you come at me with a horizontal slice, instead of actually blocking your blade and stopping it, I swing my blade at yours, hitting it near the top, and push it out wide, quickly.

That's a key to remember with parries - they generally hit above the mid-point of the blade. They stop an attack with the strike, but it doesn't keep your blade in prolonged contact with another.
Alright, noted. Should I perform it?

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, noted. Should I perform it?
Nope.

next is blocking. It's relatively simple, and one of the most common things to do. It involves using your own blade to bring the opponents to a complete stop, generally holding blade contact.

An example of this would be, if you attacked me with a vertical slash, and I raised my blade horizontally, stopping your blade against mine.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nope.

next is blocking. It's relatively simple, and one of the most common things to do. It involves using your own blade to bring the opponents to a complete stop, generally holding blade contact.

An example of this would be, if you attacked me with a vertical slash, and I raised my blade horizontally, stopping your blade against mine.
Ok, got it.

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Awesome.

Alright, let's begin with countering after a parry: after a parry, your blade will be the one on the inside, putting you at a tactical advantage over your opponent. The reason for this is that since their blade is outside, they have to first get past your own blade to attack you - with your blade on the inside, you just have to land the hit.

Now, the strike you use will almost certainly be dependent upon how and where you parry and the position it leaves your blade - however, a stab/lunge is almost consistently a great choice as it gives forward movement (making it difficult to dodge by stepping back), has great speed (making it even more difficult to actually react to), and can easily be brought into a back-swing to counter the nearly inevitable attempt at attacking you the opponent will make.

Any Questions?