Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeh, bla bla. You asked for it, now die!

*takes out my katana and does a clean cut in a diagonal line halving your body as the blood starts spouting all over the place*

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeh, bla bla. You asked for it, now die!

*takes out my katana and does a clean cut in a diagonal line halving your body as the blood starts spouting all over the place*
Couldn't have done it better myself U_U

Now tell me everything you know about Kenjutsu.

And then tell me what it is to you.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kenjutsu is considered to be the art of the sword. A sword is a weapon used to cut things and it can be very deadly if used properly. Kenjutsu techniques are mostly used by Samurai's and they are known to be masters of Kenjutsu. They can also be combined with Taijutsu and Ninjutsu and even with our own chakra.

To me, Kenjutsu is the beginning of everything. It's a truly unique technique and it reveals real masters. It's not about nuking the opponent with a ton of S-Ranked jutsus in order to win. It's a very quick and agile type of fight and requires a lot of concentration.

Need more? :rolleyes:

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kenjutsu is considered to be the art of the sword. A sword is a weapon used to cut things and it can be very deadly if used properly. Kenjutsu techniques are mostly used by Samurai's and they are known to be masters of Kenjutsu. They can also be combined with Taijutsu and Ninjutsu and even with our own chakra.

To me, Kenjutsu is the beginning of everything. It's a truly unique technique and it reveals real masters. It's not about nuking the opponent with a ton of S-Ranked jutsus in order to win. It's a very quick and agile type of fight and requires a lot of concentration.

Need more? :rolleyes:
Nope, your explanation was great.

As for the first part, I;m only going to teach you regular free form kenjutsu, without involving chakra.

Now, just a few more questions before we begin.

Even though we'll be using bokken for this training, do you think you've had enough practice to know what kind of sword you prefer? Like, a longsword, a katana, a nadochi, etc? Different swords will make an impact on how you'll fight in the future, although this training is pretty universal.

But, regardless, before we begin, can you tell me what the differences between a one-handed strike and a two-handed strike might be, besides the obvious?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, I'm sure I'll be using my Katana mostly but I might also use my CW which is a 50 inches long blade and can be used with one hand.
You must be registered for see images
From what I know from playing different games I found out that a two-handed strike is much stronger than a one-handed and I also believe that it's more precise. One-handed strikes, on the other hand, are much faster. Two hands are mostly used for big and heavy swords which also affects the speed of the strike.

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, I'm sure I'll be using my Katana mostly but I might also use my CW which is a 50 inches long blade and can be used with one hand.
You must be registered for see images
From what I know from playing different games I found out that a two-handed strike is much stronger than a one-handed and I also believe that it's more precise. One-handed strikes, on the other hand, are much faster. Two hands are mostly used for big and heavy swords which also affects the speed of the strike.
Alright, it's not of too much importance, since this training is pretty universal. It's just to see what you prefer, since using different blades have a different impact on your battles in the future.

Well, thats part of it..

With one hand on the blade, you don't have as much power, but you can give faster attacks, and you also have more freedom with your blade. You're able to make movements you wouldn't be able to when both arms have to go the same direction, and you can chain from one attack into the other, faster, most of the time.

Two-handed attacks are much more powerful, have much higher directional control, and a much faster striking speed, due to the additional force behind the blade, but you don't have as much moving freedom.

With this in mind, we'll begin the actual training portion.*Throws you a bokken.*

Lets start off with a One-Handed Horizontal Strike.

Horizontal strikes go merely from side to side. Left-Right, or Right to Left.

So I'd like you to do one of those for me first :p

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sure, no problem.
*notes taken*

*I grab the bokken, you threw, with my left hand and I strike it from left to right in a smooth motion*
Good, now onto One Handed-Vertical Strikes.

They're basically the same as horizontal slashes, except they're from up to down.

So perform one of those :p

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright.

*I raise the bokken above my head, while I'm holding it in my left hand, and strike it down. As I struck it I also straightened my arm which was bent in my elbow*

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A stab. That would be when we thrust our weapon into our enemy, trying to deal damage directly, without swinging our weapon.

Hm, it could be very useful with sneak attacks. I also think it takes a very short period of time to perform a stab.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yesh, that's fine.

Now, show me a stab, by performing it on the dummy over here
*points to the dummy*
Sure.

I walk over to that dummy and thrust my hand towards the clone, holding my bokken. I aim at his abdomen. As I quickly force my hand to move forward I stab him with the bokken I'm holding.

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok good.

Now, since earlier we distinguished the difference between a One Handed and Two Handed Slash , I'd like for you to perform a Two Handed Horizontal Slash on the training dummy.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok good.

Now, since earlier we distinguished the difference between a One Handed and Two Handed Slash , I'd like for you to perform a Two Handed Horizontal Slash on the training dummy.
*I take the handle of my bokken with both my hands and make a powerful swing from my right side, towards the left side, while aiming at the training dummy; As I swing the bokken I hit the dummy in its neck as I'd do if I tried to cut my opponents head of*

Mockingbird

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*I take the handle of my bokken with both my hands and make a powerful swing from my right side, towards the left side, while aiming at the training dummy; As I swing the bokken I hit the dummy in its neck as I'd do if I tried to cut my opponents head of*
Nicely done.

And now, perform a two handed vertical slash :p