xjimbox

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After talking to some members on here about the current status about the new top three manga/animes? whats your thoughts on this topic? i guess since One Piece is still going its going to be #1 but who do you believe is in the 2nd and 3rd spot? Personally id like to believe my hero academia has risen to the spot, but i might be in minority on that. Do you believe we have reached the level to fill the spots or do we need time to see more growth.

honest opinions are welcome haha!

Reactions: Filosoofis

Filosoofis

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After talking to some members on here about the current status about the new top three manga/animes? whats your thoughts on this topic? i guess since One Piece is still going its going to be #1 but who do you believe is in the 2nd and 3rd spot? Personally id like to believe my hero academia has risen to the spot, but i might be in minority on that. Do you believe we have reached the level to fill the spots or do we need time to see more growth.

Berserk
death note/code geass
code geass/death note

One piece actually isn't that popular at all. Even boruto the next generation outsold one piece I think 1 or 2 month's ago in Japan. And in the west naruto is even more liked than one piece.

xjimbox

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Berserk
death note/code geass
code geass/death note

One piece actually isn't that popular at all. Even boruto the next generation outsold one piece I think 1 or 2 month's ago in Japan. And in the west naruto is even more liked than one piece.
yeah i guess i meant to update it to current ongoing manga/anime
cause once it ends it can't compete anymore. it can but you know what i mean anyways i do like ur list

WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Berserk
death note/code geass
code geass/death note

Your info is lacking. Year end One Piece dominates in sales year again and again, been like that for 15 years and it will just continue for the next 10.. Honestly there is no constant competitor to even hold a candle when it comes to sales.. So a 1 week peak when a new volume comes out means nothing.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Haikyuu

Still need to get caught up with Berserk so that may take the #3 spot. JoJo & HxH are close but if I had to pick a #1 it'd be JoJo so that's why HxH is #2. Both JoJo & HxH are my top fav. series, they are masterpieces.

One Piece is in my top 5; I don't think the series is as good as HxH & the current arc in HxH is looking to be the best HxH arc.

Edit: I thought this was, "what is your top 3" thread type of thread lool. Mb.

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
>#1 selling manga
>anime always in the TV ratings (unlike Naruto, sure you can say different timeslot but look at DC)
>One Piece is pretty much everywhere in Japan

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

My Hero Academia has everything ready to be a top 3 except the recognition. Once more people start picking up on it, it'll shoot up high on a lot of lists. Nanatsu no Taizai's not bad and was actually a lot better than I was expecting but I went in with low expectations. If HxH could come back steady it'd be a definite top 3 as well.

As far as popularity goes I'd say the new top 3 are probably OP, AoT and Magi.

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

One piece isn't one of the top 3 , it's garbage

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Berserk
death note/code geass
code geass/death note

>Isn't popular
>Most sold manga of all time
>#1 sold manga of 2016

You must be registered for see images

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think there's going to be another top 3 like NaBlOp.

The mangas that I'm currently reading, which I enjoy a lot, are Black Clover and Shokugeki no Souma. Boku no Hero academia seems good but I'll wait for the second season to air so I can give the manga a try.