Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great! Make sure you note the ranges; the second combination wouldn't have worked if your target was in mid-range, because of the Wire Cage.

The first one here is business as usual. For the second technique, what can it defend against? Be specific with ranks :)

( Katon: Hi no Iki ) - Fire Release: Fire Breath
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user breathes a powerful stream of fire from their mouth at their target.
( Katon: Honoo no Heki ) Fire Release: Flame Wall
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The user kneads fire chakra into their forearm and then by swinging their arm in a wave motion they release the fire chakra creating a line of fire that spreads out infront of the user acting as a defensive wall.

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The jutsu would be able to defend against all C rank and below water jutsu and all B rank elemental jutsu that isn't water or a variant of it an example being Shinning water or Ice. I'd use this to block against Nara clan techs honestly. The light that would come from the fire is great to keep the shadows away from you.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good idea... but the fire's light would cast bigger shadows on the areas that are shielded/covered from the light, allowing different paths for a Nara to take if not the straightforward one. Make sure you take EVERYTHING into account U_U

First jutsu is a kenjutsu/fire combination. Just note how it's performed and make sure you don't mess it up if you ever use it.

The second technique is one that forms columns of fire that push your opponent upward, so similar strategies to other techniques with the same function apply.

We've hit the end of the B-ranks! Got any particular favorite jutsus we've gone over so far?

Also, questions or comments?

( Katon: Hinotama no Mai ) - Fire Release: Fireball Dance
Description: The user will attack the opponent with a series of slashes with their sword and then finish up with jumping into the air above the target and releasing a powerful fireball down upon them.
Note: Requires a Sword.
( Katon: Yūgana Honoo ) - Fire Release: Graceful Flame
Description: The user manipulates their fire chakra and doing the tiger hand seal, shoots an intense fire stream at the opponents feet which then lifts them into the air in the eruption of a column of intense flames. Sasori can replicate this technique through the usage of his fire launcher.

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The first would be cool with a sword that can paralyze the enemy so they can't dodge, if combine it with a forbidden rank genjutsu so the sword slashes don't break them out. Either way, good jutsu, creates a good distraction with the sword slashes. A disadvantage of this is when you are mid air, it's hard to avoid a counter attack such as a lightning jutsu.

This is kind of a lame jutsu, it's used a lot more than people notice and it's just really easy to counter honestly. All you have to do is create a C rank body of water and there is your counter for it.

My favorite would have to be either Phoenix Sage Flower or the Flame Wall. They both are very useful to me, either them or flame dragon bullet that summons Kirin. Although there are a few notable mentions like one of the first firs jutsu that you taught me. Where you coat a limb in fire, I like that because it can be combined with taijutsu to burn and possibly break an opponents bones, depending on the rank of the taijutsu technique.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now we move onto the A-ranks. Our first one in this set is one that can only be done in combination with another technique: Lightning Release, Sixteen Pillar Bind. The fire compensates for Lightning's weakness to wind, so that's a positive. However, it's too restricted to use unless you decide to go with the combination in the description.

Secondly, Zukokku is just a large firestorm that travels along the surface, destroying everything in the path in front of it. It's wide, tall, and when combined with wind, makes it even more fast and deadly.

Questions?

(Katon: Shageki Bisuketto) – Fire Release: Firing Biscuit technique
Type: Offensive, supplementary
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: After performing the needed hand seals Rat → Dragon → Boar the user then creates powerful flames inside the giant oven created by Lightning Release: Sixteen pillar bind, cooking the opponent until their burnt. Its normally used together with Earth Release: Mud fall to harden the mud covering the enemy, immobilizing them.
Note: Can only be used in the collaboration of Lightning Release: Sixteen Pillar Bind
(Katon: Zukokku) - Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work
Type: Offense
Range: Short/Mid
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Rat → Dog → Tiger fires a small fireball that erupts into a giant fire-storm after making contact with a surface, causing widespread destruction to the area. Since the flames travel along the ground, and cover such a wide area this is a difficult technique to evade. When combined with Wind Release: Pressure Damage, this technique is amplified to the point of being able to evaporate a large amount of water in an instant.

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't ever see myself using the first jutsu honestly. It seems useful but can only be used in collaboration with Sixteen Pillar Bind. Collaboration isn't my style to be honest, I prefer a constant onslaught of attacks using taijutsu or kenjutsu. Just my personal preference.

Pretty sure this was called Searing Migraine in the anime/games. But I liked this jutsu when I saw it. Pressure Damage (wind) is one of the most useful/powerful wind jutsu in the canon list if you ask me. I do like this jutsu because it covers a wide range and goes quite far. I like this jutsu even more because it's a streaming jutsu, which means I can constantly fuel it with my chakra to keep the jutsu going.

For the first jutsu I have had a question for a while pertaining to this jutsu. Can I use it without a clone or do I need a partner/clone to use one of the jutsu?

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can use it either way. Having a clone makes it faster since you'd be doing techniques simultaneously, whereas doing it along requires you to perform it one after the other.

This next one is one that creates a sort of "lava" by channeling fire chakra through the ground via a tunnel. I like this one a lot; it has great splash damage, has an extensive range, and the eruptions allow you to control the terrain of the battlefield, forcing your target to move out of the way or stop the lava lest the ground be scorched.

Question for you. Look at the range of the technique. Why do you think it can't be performed in short range?

(Katon: Keshi Makuga Hara) - Fire Release: Exploding Flame Crater
Type: Offense
Range: Mid-Long
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: The user first stomps on the ground, using his fire chakra and making an underground tunnel from between themselves and the opponent. They then breathe out fire into the tunnel, causing the fire carry rock and other debris with it as it travels, melting them. With a single hand seal, the molten rock debris will erupt from the ground underneath the opponent, engulfing them and burning them alive.

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I personally think it can't be used in short range due to the heat of the flames. If the flames are hot enough to melt rock and make a lava like substance, i'd naturally assume it is hot enough to cause burns in close range. If that isn't the reason then i'd assume it covers short range itself, meaning the jutsu is 5m wide or has a 5m diameter.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good thoughts! The first one is more in line of what I was thinking. The eruptions have a large radius, so you wouldn't want to get caught in it :)

Alright, this one is a fire/wind combination, all in the same move. The fire/wind usage would count as a single move in timeframe for this technique only. If you use a wind jutsu after, it would count as 2. Just follow the description and you should be fine.

(Katon: Hokori Tenka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Dust Ignition Technique
Description: The user will first ignites a flame of fire across the ground in front of them and then they will enhance that fire with a gust of wind to extend the range of the fire

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This jutsu is useful in it's own ways. It would be good to use in the beginning of the battle or if you wanted to conceal your presence by hiding after the jutsu is used. I like it because it doesn't require hand seals to perform the jutsu, which is always a useful thing when in the midst of battle.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here's a self-explanatory fireball. Except it's A-rank, and A-rank is awesome U_U

(Katon: Gōka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Hellfire Technique
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and breath out from their mouth a large fireball that travels at the opponent. As it reaches the opponent it bursts into a maelstrom of fire engulfing them in flames.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But... but that one explodes into a large firestorm :shy:

Anyway, this next one is a popular technique. You can control the spacing in between the pillars to create a large or small opening, dependent on the situation. You can even angle the pillars in a certain way. Orienting the pillars towards each other creates a "flaming pillar teepee" that can serve as a great trap.

( Katon: Gōka Honoo no Hashira Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Fire Flame Pillars Technique
Range: Short – Mid
Description: The user will knead their fire chakra and release it into the ground by stomping down their leg and then causing three pillars of fire several meters tall spaced out evenly. The Pillars of fire can act as a defensive wall against incoming techniques or targets or used to attack low aerial targets.

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes. It can be used as a trap... OR it can be used in combination with a better trap. Mwuahahahaha... *internally screaming*

If I combined this with the earth tech that drops or raises the ground by 20m, would I be able to make them come out of the sides of the hole so the opponent can't get out?

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes. The heat would be enough to even begin forming a sort of pseudo-lava ;)

Usually, the range of angular eruption of the flame from a flat surface is from 45-90 degrees. I don't like it if it's done from a steeper angle, because I feel that would be pushing it. Of course, it's always up to a graders' discretion.

The last A-rank is a combination of the properties of multiple jutsus you've already learned in this session; "solidity", impact damage, projectile manipulation... this is probably the most versatile (and my top 3 canon fires) of the jutsus since it has so much going for it.

(Katon: Ryūen Hōka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Dragon Flame Release Song Technique
Range: Short - Long
Description: After performing the hand seal Tiger the user compresses a large amount of chakra built up inside their body, before instead expelling it in the form of a number of dragon head-shaped fireballs. The user then skilfully manipulates that great fire, and attacks their opponent. The temperature of the created flames is so great that, even with the briefest of contact, they are capable of easily burning human flesh and the fireballs are dense enough to behave almost as solid, being able to deliver impact damage in adition to the fire damage. However, this also means that they can be deflected as a solid projectiles.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are 7. I go over 5! Home stretch...

First in this round is a fire stream that's incredibly manipulable based on your needs. I want you to present me a scenario in which a narrow jet of fire would be useful, and one where a widespread stream would work better.

The second one is a scroll-based technique. How do you stop your opponent from summoning the flame dragon (which can be controlled/directed towards you with their chakra) once they have the scroll out? U_U

(Katon: Gōen no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Great Flame Technique
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage Points: 80
Description: The user does one handseal and inhales while molding a great amount of chakra into their lungs and expelling a large stream of flames from their mouth. The user has control over the concentration of the technique, being able to produce a narrow jet of flames, highly concentrated or one that will widen along its range. The flames are hot enough to quickly evaporate large quantities of water within a relatively short amount of time.
(Katon: Bakuryūgeki) - Fire Release: Exploding Dragon Strike
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: The user through use of one their scrolls will summon a large flame dragon that is directed towards the enemy target and explodes upon impact.

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Did you get my VM?

Fire Stream
As the battle waged on, Ichigo grew tired of going easy and using slow jutsu, so he decided to step up the game. He made a single hand seal, placing <insert name> into an infinite world of darkness, as the opponent is trapped in the genjutsu, Ichigo makes one more hand seal, spewing out a fast, jet-like stream of fire that quickly reaches <insert name>, burning them alive.

Wide Spread Fire
As the two clones rushed toward Ichigo, he knew he would have to defeat them in a way that he could still attack his opponent. He made a single hand seal and spewed out a stream of fire that because extremely wide as it went along the length of the flame.

A quick phoenix flower jutsu or kunai infused with chakra should work. If not then make a small and sharp earth pillar rise and stab through the scroll, stabbing both the enemy and the scroll.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not sure fire would work... it's a fire scroll, after all. I like to think the essence of fire is sealed into the scroll, and it's such a high rank that it can almost be considered fireproof. The earth pillar is genius, though! :win:

Your scenarios are good too.

This is also a scroll-based technique similar to the dragon, except it summons a tiger with essentially the same function .-.

(Katon Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Hitora Bakufu) - Fire Release Summoning Technique: Fire Tiger Explosion
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: The user summons a tiger made of flames from a scroll, directing it towards the target, and attaching itself onto the target and explode causing massive damage on detonation making it similar to a paper bomb.

Cyber

Veteran
Kin
85💸
Kumi
1,276💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What is your favorite element?

I'll go ahead and give you an example since i've been really lazy with this training ;-;

As the man with pale skin and dark eyes spoke, Ichigo could tell he was repressing his inner feelings as not to show weakness. When the man grabbed a scroll Ichigo immediatelu thought summoning but then the man grabbed a paintbrush and began scribbling on the paper. Ichigo activated his sharingan to closely watch the hand movements, and from what he could copy from the man, he drew several lions. Ichigo didn't know what to expect and took out a scroll of his own, letting the scroll fall onto the ground in front of him, magically opening and revealing the kanji for "fire" and "tiger". Then slamming his hand onto the scroll, releasing a single flaming tiger out of the scroll that then ran toward the pale man, exploding on impact and burning his scroll to ash. Ichigo then stood up, deactivated his sharingan and placed his scroll back in his ninja pouch while laughing quietly. "It's a shame really, you never got to tell me your name. But it's better than letting you harm my comrades..."

The pale man is obviously Sai