Sasuke's prodigious talent Or Sakura's keen mind? Which was it?

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's just your opinion sir. So no one needs to bother to fit in the flaws to your choice. Besides it's completely irrelevant to harp on a need of a more effective flaw unless you think she is that awesome otherwise and must have a stronger one to balance her character out.
I see, so no scan of Salad's supposed character flaw actually acting like a flaw. I guess next you'll tell me Karin's glasses are a character flaw and not just a design choice?

Anyways, I can see you have no real argument, so I'll leave it at that.
Poor Aizen, stuggled through out his life as some hindered person due to his glasses.

Once he broke free from that curse

He was free to be OP
lmaooooo!!!

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you wish to continue playing this blind I will suggest do it elsewhere for I will count it as a deliberate attempt of denial to continue trolling :

"In the creation and criticism of fictional works, a character flaw is a limitation, imperfection, problem, phobia, or deficiency present in a character who may be otherwise very functional. The flaw can be a problem that directly affects the character's actions and abilities, such as a violent temper. Alternatively, it can be a simple foible or personality defect, which affects the character's motives and social interactions, but little else.
Minor flaw

A minor character flaw is an imperfection which serves to distinguish the character in the mind of the reader / viewer / player / listener, making them memorable and individual, but otherwise does not affect the story in any way.

Examples of this could include a noticeable scar, a thick accent or a habit such as cracking their knuckles.

Protagonists and other major characters may (and usually do) have multiple minor flaws, making them more accessible, and enabling the reader / viewer / listener to relate to the character (in the case of a sympathetic character) or otherwise influence the audience's opinions of the character.

Many insignificant or archetypal characters which are encountered only once or rarely are defined solely by a single minor flaw, differentiating them from the stock character or archetype that they adhere to."

Your personal opinion of how bad an imperfection should be in this case isn't enough to continue unreasonable demands. And sarcasm of that kind isn't effective when you lack this much in your attempt.
Where does that say anything or add to her Glasses being a hindrance?

You can argue about her personality and her ambitions but you can't somehow wedge in the glasses as part of that even though we have seen it not acting as a hindrance to her overall abilities and goals.

She hasn't said once that her glasses are a hindrance or it effects her or even a comedic scene where she screams out "my glasses".

These are two separate things, you either argue for one aspect or another. No one is denying the personality traits.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Where does that say anything or add to her Glasses being a hindrance?

You can argue about her personality and her ambitions but you can't somehow wedge in the glasses as part of that even though we have seen it not acting as a hindrance to her overall abilities and goals.

She hasn't said once that her glasses are a hindrance or it effects her or even a comedic scene where she screams out "my glasses".

These are two separate things, you either argue for one aspect or another. No one is denying the personality traits.
Where is this rule that the flaw must be an active hindrance otherwise?

Let's find out how you decide which character is Mary sue. Tell me what are flaws of himawari, Hinabe and Hinata and how much hindrance they are for them?

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Where is this rule that the flaw must be an active hindrance otherwise?

Let's find out how you decide which character is Mary sue. Tell me what are flaws of himawari, Hinabe and Hinata and how much hindrance they are for them?
In order for it to be a flaw you need to showcase an evidential amount of proof to express it as a hindrance

Not doing so just leads to assumption that have no ground. Similar to someone's baseless opinion.

Unless you want to say that all anime character with glasses have this latent flaw?

Again I can name certain flaws with Hinata, Himawari, etc...

I can do so by showcasing scenes where they displayed those flaws, like Hinata loving Naruto so much that she doesn't want to hinder him and his stress with Boruto's loneliness.

Evidence? What she showcased in the episode with talking to Shino and Naruto coming home late at night.

She says she doesn't want to add anymore stress for Naruto who barely sleeps. Shino states that she might as well still do it since Naruto is Boruto's father.

That very night Hinata does not.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In order for it to be a flaw you need to showcase an evidential amount of proof to express it as a hindrance

Not doing so just leads to assumption that have no ground. Similar to someone's baseless opinion.

Unless you want to say that all anime character with glasses have this latent flaw?

I can do so by showcasing scenes where they displayed those flaws, like Hinata loving Naruto so much that she doesn't want to hinder him and his stress with Boruto's loneliness.

Evidence? What she showcased in the episode with talking to Shino and Naruto coming home late at night.
:lmao: I Think you need to learn what a Mary Sue is.
So far what I've read from some Burito fans is a joke especially your post.

The rule of all discussions requires the topic being discussed start with agreed upon definitions. So tell us what is a Mary Sue? The defining markers of a Mary Sue? How to weigh characters against said identifiers to determine whether they're a Mary Sue?

Last edited:

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

She says she doesn't want to add anymore stress for Naruto who barely sleeps. Shino states that she might as well still do it since Naruto is Boruto's father.

That very night Hinata does not.

#Bold Exactly my thought.

Anyway, I will suggest to end this discussion. This won't lead anywhere plus you may receive one infraction for no reason, Avani give me one infraction because I was simply asking for a scan of Sarada having a disadvantage due of her glasses.

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Anyway, I will suggest to end this discussion. This won't lead anywhere plus you may get infracted for no reason, Avani infracted me because I was simply asking for a scan of Sarada having a disadvantage due of her glasses.
I see that is unfortunate.

It seems that actual constructive arguments with points and evidence have no say.

Alas, we are here not to convince anyway so I too will leave this thread. Hopefully it doesn't get deleted out of spite.

I just hope the mod will read some points now and in the future, not as a hindrance but as something to positively construct their understanding, for truly loving a character leads to actually knowing real flaws and not baseless ones to mask away actual hindrances.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Source of this rule?

I gave you the definition. Every character is different and can be judged only it's own universe and portrayal.

Last edited:

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It was both. Not only Sakura's intelligence but also her strong Yin Affinity. On top of that Sasuke's Yin Affinity and his genes (Sharingan) only made Sarada even a better Genjutsu Type.

She fought like a true Uchiha and thought like her mother.

Edit: Sarada is an uchiha. She is constantly affacted by the Uchiha Curse of hatred. That is a major flaw.

Last edited:

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Source of this rule?

I gave you the definition. Every character is different and can be judged only it's own universe and portrayal.

Whose stress? And that motherly concern for her son or husband is her imperfection and flaw hindering Hindata?

But an Uchiha needing glasses so early and distressed over her father issue - enough to activate sharingan, being unable to express her feelings openly and owning them is somehow not enough flaw?

Then I suppose sarada's concern over her father is also a flaw fitting in your definition of flaws. For it actually endangered her life when she set out to find him on her own.
I said I was done here but as a member of this base I will guide you to something important. Not as a Troll but to adress your first statement in your reply.

Your last reply about Sarada and her father isn't really a flaw but more so an outcome of one of Sasuke's flaws as a father. Also, yes, Hinata neglecting to tell Naruto about Boruto's loneliness eventually leads to Naruto shrugging it off until Boruto emotionally explodes as seen in the movie arc.

There are other Naruto flaws for Hinata and others, maybe with the video above you can re-read the manga and write/brainstorm a list in the future.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Anyway, I will suggest to end this discussion. This won't lead anywhere plus you may receive one infraction for no reason, Avani give me one infraction because I was simply asking for a scan of Sarada having a disadvantage due of her glasses.
Because it's bad logic and you were warned. So you thought it was smart to call me troll.

If you bring in mary sue claim then you need to back it up with logic. There is no set literature rule on how a character must be written - only opinions. Consequently it's accepted that the imperfections don't have to hinder a character actively. She had outgrown hers in Gaiden and for a time failed to realize to who sakura is for her, then she took a steep up in development.It was this imperfection that caused her to ask Sakura whether Sasuke too had one. Glasses were a prop that stood out and became a plot point. I don't think glasses play all the role in all those other animes some of you mentioned.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It was both. Not only Sakura's intelligence but also her strong Yin Affinity. On top of that Sasuke's Yin Affinity and his genes (Sharingan) only made Sarada even a better Genjutsu Type.

She fought like a true Uchiha and thought like her mother.

Edit: Sarada is an uchiha. She is constantly affacted by the Uchiha Curse of hatred. That is a major flaw.
Curse of Hatred is done.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I said I was done here but as a member of this base I will guide you to something important. Not as a Troll but to adress your first statement in your reply.

Also your last reply about Sarada and her father isn't really a flaw but more so a outcome of one of Sasuke's flaws as a Father. Also yes Hinata neglecting to tell Naruto about Boruto's loneliness leads to Naruto shrug it off until it explodes in the movie arc.

There are other Naruto flaws for Hinata and others maybe with the video below you can read the manga and right/brainstorm a list in the future.
then Hinata's distress should be outcome of her husband's flaw of being workaholic, following your logic. I still don't know how that stress is an acceptable flaw of Hinata's character . It's a stupid logic to begin with in my view. I only mentioned how your logic will work for Sarada too since you found it a valid argument. If distress of character a because of action of b is a valid flaw then distress of character x over action of character y would also be a valid flaw. You cannot cherry pick in that already piss poor argument.

Hinata neglecting to talk to Naruto would be her mistake not a flaw. Otherwise Sarada neglecting how much sakura did for her in her zeal to find her " real parents" is a character flaw too. It lead her to make morally wrong decision till Naruto lectured her.

You see the same logic should either be applicable to both of them or rejected for either. If you vlidate it for one but deny for other you are being unfair and biased.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because it's bad logic and you were warned. So you thought it was smart to call me troll.

If you bring in mary sue claim then you need to back it up with logic. There is no set literature rule on how a character must be written - only opinions. Consequently it's accepted that the imperfections don't have to hinder a character actively. She had outgrown hers in Gaiden and for a time failed to realize to who sakura is for her, then she took a steep up in development.It was this imperfection that caused her to ask Sakura whether Sasuke too had one. Glasses were a prop that stood out and became a plot point. I don't think glasses play all the role in all those other animes some of you mentioned.
This is why I asked for a definition of Mary Sue?
The identifying markers of a Mary Sue?
How to weigh characters against said definition and markers to determine either they're a Mary Sue?

There are people just throwing around words and terms as if they're the experts in the said fields. :lmao:

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No it's not. As long as the Sharingan/ Mangekyo Sharingan exists the Curse continues to live on.

You must be registered for see images

It is genetic.
Okay, but I seriously doubt it will be brought up with Salad given it was meant to come to an end with Sasuke. Even her 1T was awakened by love. Even the scan you show says Sharingan is awakened through losing love, yet Salad's eye awakening is nothing like that, E.I. a retcon.