Sasuke's prodigious talent Or Sakura's keen mind? Which was it?

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well it's a handicap. Otherwise a character wearing too obvious flaws on the sleeve for the sake of it, is also an example of weak writing. It's too early to comment on how these characters will be shaped finally. Sarada has other flaws- she hides her weakness by wearing an attitude at times - like in one anime episode when she was trying to learn to balance on water - she lost control and was noticed by Boruto and friends. She acted if somehow they were at fault for questioning her presence to silence them. This personality quirk can be attributed to both of her parents.

So nope I don't see this Mary Sue flawlessness you talk about.
#Bold Characters without struggles have Mary Sue traits, your being bias. Characters suck in different areas, which is normal because EVERYONE have flaws. Sarada is currently perfect, name me one flaw she has currently, I would gladly hear it.

At best Sarada is a tsundere at least with Boruto.

That was sarcasm. You are too naive to take that kind of plot seriously. No one thought she was Karin's daughter for real. People were joking only and Kishimoto and company played with them.
Sarcasm

I see.. Gaiden storyline only purpose was to recycle Naruto's goal and give it to Sarada... Everything about blood/family and Sarada character development doesn't matter./s

Last edited:

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You guys are kidding yourself if you don't see it with Sarada

Boruto follows the Main protag genius quirk were he slacks but ultimately has his own way of doing things.

Sarada on the other hand literally tries something for the first time and copies it to a T.

Like Rey in Star Wars she is adapt in all trades compared to making it her own.

Boruto may also be gifted with everything but he utilizes it to be different then a spam be the same got all the trades Mary Sue we see with Sarada.

Sarada needs her own thing, maybe when she gets her MS she might be different.

They both have flaws that they need to address.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
#Bold Characters without struggles have Mary Sue traits, your being bias. Characters suck in different areas, which is normal because EVERYONE have flaws. Sarada is currently perfect, name me one flaw she has currently, I would gladly hear it.

Sarcasm

I see.. Gaiden storyline only purpose was to recycle Naruto's goal and give it to Sarada... Everything about blood/family and Sarada character development doesn't matter./s
Who is being biased? One who posted a real argument or who is trying to pull a sarada caught in water?

Don't copy paste out of Indra's post from another thread. He didn't make much of a sense there. I already mentioned the flaw which you failed to address in favour of showing stubborn refusal to make any sensible and original argument. Whether it was deliberate or not it's not making you look cool in any way.

Last edited:

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Don't copy paste out of Indra's post from another thread. He didn't make much of a sense there. I already mentioned the flaw which you failed to address in favour of showing stubbern refusal to make any sensible and original argument. Whether it was deliberate or not it's not making you look cool in any way.
Except you failed to address anything, outside of her tsundere traits which I will hardly call flaws. What I notice is that you failed to answer to both Indra & me, I guess you are just being extremely biased and that your favorite next gen character doesn't have any flaws currently. It will eventually come later but atm it's not the case.

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wasn't the water episode before she got the Sharringan?

Boruto's flaw is him not trying. While Sarada's is gaining every move on the planet from her opponents but never making it her own.

Even her ambition is morphing more and more into a copy and past of Naruto instead of breaking off into her own.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Except you failed to address anything, outside of her tsundere traits which I will hardly call flaws. What I notice is that you failed to answer to both Indra & me, I guess you are just being extremely biased and that your favorite next gen character doesn't have any flaws currently. It will eventually come later but atm it's not the case.
I didn't know having physical flaw is now classified as tsunadere trait only. It's clear that you don't understand what Mary sue is either for there is more to that definition. Irony here is that you were perfectly satisfied with my post when you thought I counted Sakura being her mom as being flaw for real. Sorry if my post was too long and complicated for you to fully read and comprehend as you skipped addressing like half of it. But don't make guesses about people you don't know about.

Anyway it was fun to see that you find her character so flaw- less and so Sue-ishly skilled. Yet if there is a versus thread you don't see her winning anything and were trying really hard to tell us that Sarada was not able to sweep Boruto's leg just for once even, in last chapter or so. So much for the perfect Sue.

Wasn't the water episode before she got the Sharringan?

Boruto's flaw is him not trying. While Sarada's is gaining every move on the planet from her opponents but never making it her own.

Even her ambition is morphing more and more into a copy and past of Naruto instead of breaking off into her own.
Yep because Naruto was the only one who wanted to be a hokage ever before and her motivations and skills are just the same as Naruto's. She will be next jinchuriki too. Just wait. You guys bicker so much transferring your toxic hate to next generation that you not only make it impossible for others to simply enjoy the simple story but also your diminish your own fun.

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yep because Naruto was the only one who wanted to be a hokage ever before and her motivations and skills are just the same as Naruto's. She will be next jinchuriki too. Just wait. You guys bicker so much transferring your toxic hate to next generation that you not only make it impossible for others to simply enjoy the simple story but also your diminish your own fun.
Are we gonna act like everyone is not doing this tho? You see Boruto/Sarada hate from both sides.

It's annoying but nothing has changed. I can't help but think Mods are bias sometimes because it can get out of hand but no consequences.

Give or take.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I didn't know having physical flaw
First of all, glasses aren't a character flaw :|

is now classified as tsunadere trait only
Sarada has other flaws- she hides her weakness by wearing an attitude at times
Exactly a tsundere which I repeat would hardly label as a character flaw.

Sorry if my post was too long and complicated for you to fully read and comprehend as you skipped addressing like half of it
Sorry but I don't skipped anything.. most of your arguments just doesn't make sense.

But don't make guesses about people you don't know about.
I'm just noticing that you are trying very hard to give flaws to Sarada when she doesn't have any yet

Anyway it was fun to see that you find her character so flaw- less and so Sue-ishly skilled
Apparently I'm not the only one to find her character flawless.

Yet if there is a versus thread you don't see her winning anything
:lmao:

Sarada fans argument currently is Sarada can use Genjutsu, she win everything. Konohamaru can't counter genjutsu, Sarada win! etc

and were trying really hard to tell us that Sarada was not able to sweep Boruto's leg in last chapter or so. So much for the perfect Sue.
Yeah, I guess moderators prefer to lock well detailed thread meanwhile obvious characters bashing, troll thread take years to get locked.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are we gonna act like everyone is not doing this tho? You see Boruto/Sarada hate from both sides.

It's annoying but nothing has changed. I can't help but think Mods are bias sometimes because it can get out of hand but no consequences.

Give or take.
You cannot help yourself thinking a lot of things dear- doesn't make you what you think a fact. Both sides at times act stupid or troll deliberately. I am not saying it specifically for one group. But some of you do it more than others. And some have been at it for so long that their stamina to hate is simply uncanny.

I'm tired of repetitive unintelligent and uninteresting arguments- which is clearly result of forcing oneself to find something to bash on. I'm tired of reports that are not made because of rule breaking but out of spite for each other. I'm tired of checking reports only to see that the one who reported was the one trolling and insulting first. It's a mess. I wish people could take their brains more no matter which side they are on. Read more mangas and hate less. It's not that bad wish, is it?

There are consequences but then too you guys believe they should be applicable to the opposite side only.

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You cannot help yourself thinking a lot of things dear-
Eh I call it how I see it sometimes. Trying to be deathly honest here. I tried the whole nice thing, but it's crazy how much bias rolls around. Sometimes it even creeps on you.

doesn't make you what you think a fact
Can we say for a fact that certain members can get away with stuff by being friends/friendly with mods? I've seen this firsthand. Not saying mods are to blame either btw.

Both sides at times act stupid or troll deliberately. I am not saying it specifically for one group. But some of you do it more than others. And some have been at it for so long that their stamina to hate is simply uncanny.
My idea would be to propose a stronger punishment or advocate for more help. I totally agree here.

I'm tired of repetitive unintelligent and uninteresting arguments- which is clearly result of forcing oneself to find something to bash on. I'm tired of reports that are not made because of rule breaking but out of spite for each other. I'm tired of checking reports only to see that the one who reported was the one trolling and insulting first. It's a mess. I wish people could take their brains more no matter which side they are on. Read more mangas and hate less. It's not that bad wish, is it?
No. It would be perfect like this, but sadly we don't live in a perfect world. Alas.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First of all, glasses aren't a character flaw :|

Exactly a tsundere which I repeat would hardly label as a character flaw.

Sorry but I don't skipped anything.. most of your arguments just doesn't make sense.

I'm just noticing that you are trying very hard to give flaws to Sarada when she doesn't have any yet

Apparently I'm not the only one to find her character flawless.

:lmao:

Sarada fans argument currently is Sarada can use Genjutsu, she win everything. Konohamaru can't counter genjutsu, Sarada win! etc

Yeah, I guess moderators prefer to lock well detailed thread meanwhile obvious characters bashing, troll thread take years to get locked.
A character flaw is a limitation, imperfection, problem, phobia, or deficiency present in a character who may be otherwise very functional. The flaw can be a problem that directly affects the character's actions and abilities, such as a violent temper. Alternatively, it can be a simple foible or personality defect, which affects the character's motives and social interactions, but little else.

- wiki quote.

You continue to argue something you didn't even use google to understand better. And you think staff needs your opinion on which threads are properly detailed under such circumstances?

Read more, opine later.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A character flaw is a limitation, imperfection, problem, phobia, or deficiency present in a character who may be otherwise very functional. The flaw can be a problem that directly affects the character's actions and abilities, such as a violent temper. Alternatively, it can be a simple foible or personality defect, which affects the character's motives and social interactions, but little else.

- wiki quote.

You continue to argue something you didn't even use google to understand better. And you think staff needs your opinion on which threads are properly detailed under such circumstances?

Read more, opine later.
Still, I don't see why you would consider glasses as a flaw :|

Not only it help Sarada to compensate her defective vision which is only beneficial BUT IIRC Kishimoto added Sarada glasses because she looked so much like Sasuke so your argument about glasses doesn't really matter.

Tbf you are confirming my point, arguing about glasses is a proof. Sarada is just way too perfect, matter of facts you can't find her flaws.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Eh I call it how I see it sometimes. Trying to be deathly honest here. I tried the whole nice thing, but it's crazy how much bias rolls around. Sometimes it even creeps on you.

Can we say for a fact that certain members can get away with stuff by being friends/friendly with mods? I've seen this firsthand. Not saying mods are to blame either btw.

My idea would be to propose a stronger punishment or advocate for more help. I totally agree here.

No. It would be perfect like this, but sadly we don't live in a perfect world. Alas.
You don't have to be friendly to a mod to avoid trouble- just being honest and courteous in your interaction helps a lot.

Here is great example especially to learn what not to do when interacting with staff:

Still, I don't see why you would consider glasses as a flaw :|

Not only it help Sarada to compensate her defective vision which is only beneficial BUT IIRC Kishimoto added Sarada glasses because she looked so much like Sasuke so your argument about glasses doesn't really matter.

Tbf you are confirming my point, arguing about glasses is proof. Sarada is just way too perfect, matter of facts you can't find her flaws.
It's an imperfection, for one. Read the definition given in that post carefully for more details. If I have to break it down further to you I demand cash payment for such private lessons.

Last edited:

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It doesn't matter if it's an imperfection if it has no flaws. Madara having NO EYES is an imperfection, yet he was slapping bijuus left and right regardless. Now show me where Salad's glasses have negatively affected her :coffee:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It doesn't matter if it's an imperfection if it has no flaws. Madara having NO EYES is an imperfection, yet he was slapping bijuus left and right regardless. Now show me where Salad's glasses have negatively affected her :coffee:
That's just your opinion sir. So no one needs to bother to fit in the flaws to your choice. Besides it's completely irrelevant to harp on a need of a more effective flaw unless you think she is that awesome otherwise and must have a stronger one to balance her character out.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's an imperfection, for one. Read the definition carefully for more details. If I have to break it down further to you I demand cash payment for such private lessons.
If you show me a scan or anything about Sarada's glasses being a flaw/disadvantage for her, I will concede until then you are basically nitpicking because you can't find her any flaws which confirm my point.

I think we are pretty much done and thank you for the lessons proposal but I don't need them, apparently I'm not the one who need comprehension lessons :coffee:

Jiren

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's funny Hyuuga fanboys always bashing Sarada so for someone without flaws you guys sure can come up with the dumbest things to say.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you show me a scan or anything about Sarada's glasses being a flaw/disadvantage for her, I will concede until then you are basically nitpicking because you can't find her any flaws which confirm my point.

I think we are pretty much done and thank you for the lessons proposal but I don't need them, apparently I'm not the one who need comprehension lessons :coffee:

If you wish to continue playing this blind I will suggest do it elsewhere for I will count it as a deliberate attempt of denial to continue trolling :

"In the creation and criticism of fictional works, a character flaw is a limitation, imperfection, problem, phobia, or deficiency present in a character who may be otherwise very functional. The flaw can be a problem that directly affects the character's actions and abilities, such as a violent temper. Alternatively, it can be a simple foible or personality defect, which affects the character's motives and social interactions, but little else.
Minor flaw

A minor character flaw is an imperfection which serves to distinguish the character in the mind of the reader / viewer / player / listener, making them memorable and individual, but otherwise does not affect the story in any way.

Examples of this could include a noticeable scar, a thick accent or a habit such as cracking their knuckles.

Protagonists and other major characters may (and usually do) have multiple minor flaws, making them more accessible, and enabling the reader / viewer / listener to relate to the character (in the case of a sympathetic character) or otherwise influence the audience's opinions of the character.

Many insignificant or archetypal characters which are encountered only once or rarely are defined solely by a single minor flaw, differentiating them from the stock character or archetype that they adhere to."

A major character flaw is a much more noticeable and important hindrance which actually impairs the individual, whether physically, mentally or morally. Sometimes major flaws are not actually negative per se (such as devout religious beliefs or a rigid code of honor), but are classified as such in that they often serve to hinder or restrict the character in some way.

So far she has done nothing Sasuke was not able to do at the same age. Sasuke infact was ahead of her. And she is a secondary character not the MC.

Your personal opinion of how bad an imperfection should be in this case isn't enough to continue unreasonable demands. And sarcasm of that kind isn't effective when you lack this much in your attempt.

Last edited: