Sasuke's prodigious talent Or Sakura's keen mind? Which was it?

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:lmao: IKR? Don't forget he can make multiple CT's on bijuu's while keeping them in genjutsu and fight for nearly 2 day's. And open portals to Kaguya dimensions.

Genin be like hold my beer and do all that in 13 hour's. XD
I had someone argue with me for 2 pages trying to force the stats as if they were legit :lmao:

Team7monaa

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:lol Maybe 200-275 was the max stat. But still they coulda put a "??" like they did with Naruto an Mitsuki lmao.

Sasuke's observation skills >> Sakura's. As evident in the Danzo fight.
Sakura is a extremely medical ninja and from what we’ve seen she can observe how bad a wound is just by glancing at it and and not to mention her observation of Kamui which was nearly spot on and her deciphering Zetsu’s transformation technique before anyone are feats to uphold

It's better than Madara vs The 5 kages
No fight in Boruto has surpassed 5 Kage vs Madara. Tsunade was a beast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can you believe those Volume Books say that everyone is smarter than Adult Sasuke.

That shit still has me mad for some reason
Probably because they are sessentially stating that even Kiba, KIBA, is smarter than Sasuke....like...wtf:lmao:

Sauce is no slouch in the intelligence department.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess you already have your answer, if not it's obvious that Sarada inherited the "Mary Sue" talent from the Uchiha.
That's interesting.

"The Mary Sue is fanfiction original female character who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She's exotically beautiful, exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing.

She has an unusual and dramatic Back Story. The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues, and are quick to adopt her as one of their True Companions, even characters who are usually antisocial and untrusting; if any character doesn't love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal. She has some sort of especially close relationship to the author's favorite canon character — their love interest, illegitimate child, never-before-mentioned sister, etc. Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders, watching from the sidelines as Mary Sue outstrips them in their areas of expertise and solves problems that have stymied them for the entire series. "

Do you think Sarada is going to be written like that by the author?

FemmeFatale

Supreme
Kin
156💸
Kumi
2,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's from Sakura , Sakura did the same thing in the movies , kinda

Sasuke does something similar with Kirin , however , I doubt it. Excuse he has knowledge on the things it was probably from experience

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's interesting.

"The Mary Sue is fanfiction original female character who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She's exotically beautiful, exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing.

She has an unusual and dramatic Back Story. The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues, and are quick to adopt her as one of their True Companions, even characters who are usually antisocial and untrusting; if any character doesn't love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal. She has some sort of especially close relationship to the author's favorite canon character — their love interest, illegitimate child, never-before-mentioned sister, etc. Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders, watching from the sidelines as Mary Sue outstrips them in their areas of expertise and solves problems that have stymied them for the entire series. "

#Bold Pretty much

wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting
  • T1 Sharingan Genjutsu ✓
The Sharingan is one of the reasons, many people consider Sarada as a Mary Sue. Sarada could barely use her Sharingan and copied like 4-5 techniques against Buntan.

Definitely make sense, isn't?

She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing.
I don't really find her character realistic, the majority of her flaws/issues happened in Gaiden but got quickly forgotten like it never happened.

Does Sarada have any flaws?

She has an unusual and dramatic Back Story.
  • Dramatic Back Story ✓
even characters who are usually antisocial and untrusting; if any character doesn't love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal.
  • Inspired by Naruto and have a high "Negotiation" stats in Databook ✓
Like I said she is destined to TnJ people, well it's already the case in the last episode...

Yeah, she is definitely sharing some points with a "Mary Sue"

Last edited:

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's interesting.

I still remember the original Mary Stu story. That Star Trek fanfiction was terrible.

Sarada is far from being the Mary Sue type.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
#Bold Pretty much
Some points don't make one a Mary Sue but most of it to fit in, so I would disagree. But if you think she does, it means you already find her that flawless, skilled, endearing and attractively drawn character..

It would be hilarious to see reactions if she really turned out to be one, in Boruto.

• T1 Sharingan Genjutsu ✓

The Sharingan is one of the reasons, many people consider Sarada as a Mary Sue
. Sarada could barely use her Sharingan and copied like 4-5 techniques against Buntan.

Definitely make sense, isn't?

I don't really find her character realistic, the majority of her flaws/issues happened in Gaiden but got quickly forgotten like it never happened.

Does Sarada have any flaws?

• Dramatic Back Story ✓

• Inspired by Naruto and have a high "Negotiation" stats in Databook ✓
Like I said she is destined to TnJ people, well it's already the case in the last episode...

Yeah, she is definitely sharing some points with a "Mary Sue"

As a matter of fact the points you counted to justify "mary suism" in case of Sarada fit on some other female characters from previous generation in Naruto. Eyes, dramatic back story, endearing flaws..

It's already ridiculous that you counted presence of sharingan as evidence of Mary Suism in Narutoverse which is full of exotic eyes and fancy eye powers. Do you think before you type?

Last edited:

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Some points don't make one a Mary Sue but most of it to fit in, so I would disagree. But if you think she does it means you already find her that flawless, skilled, endearing and attractively drawn character..

It would be hilarious to see reactions if she really turned out to be one, in Boruto.
But if you think she does it means you already find her that flawless, skilled
Honestly, I can't find any flaws to Sarada. She doesn't have any and yeah she is definitely skilled.

endearing and attractively drawn character..
Sarada is like 12 years old... :|

Like I said above, Sarada share some similarities with a "Mary Sue".

I don't find a "Mary Sue" appealing tbh. Sarada need flaws to be more realistic and a character than you can relate just like Boruto imo.

As a matter of fact the points you counted to justify "mary suism" in case of Saradam fit on a other female characters from preivous generation in Naruto. Eyes, dramatic back story, endearing flaws..
Who? :|

The only character that come to my mind have many flaws and Sarada doesn't have flaws AT ALL.

It's already ridiculous that you counted presence of sharingan as evidence of mary sue in Narutoverse which is full of exotic eyes and eye powers. Do you think before you type?
Sarada couldn't sustain her Sharingan before the trip and you are saying that she can now fight with it and copy any techniques without problems?

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly, I can't find any flaws to Sarada. She doesn't have any and yeah she is definitely skilled.

Sarada is like 12 years old... :|

Like I said above, Sarada share some similarities with a "Mary Sue".

I don't find a "Mary Sue" appealing tbh. Sarada need flaws to be more realistic and a character than you can relate just like Boruto imo.

Who? :|

The only character that come to my mind have many flaws and Sarada doesn't have flaws AT ALL.

Sarada couldn't sustain her Sharingan before the trip and you are saying that she can now fight with it and copy any techniques without problems?
She needs glasses. Besides I thought being Sakura's daughter already was a flaw in opinion of many here.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She needs glasses. Besides I thought being Sakura's daughter already was a flaw in opinion of many here.
#Bold Lmao

Touché.

Being Sakura's daughter could be considered as a flaw, I guess. That's exactly what I'm talking about, Gaiden established a storyline with Karin as the mother of Sarada but nothing happened with it despite the Naruto speech about family/blood and Sarada character development during this arc who got forgotten like nothing ever happened... but I understand Kishimoto, the last time something similar happened Sakura fans sent death threats to him. ( I still believe Karin is the mother )

That's sad because Sarada character development and future power up are extremely linear ; 1T Sharingan -> 2T/3T Sharingan -> MS -> Byakugou -> EMS

Does Sarada have anything unique/new other than being unoriginal? I wonder...

Last edited:

Dantee

Kin
0💸
Kumi
343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can see the mix.

Observation skills- Sasuke

Intelligence- Mix of Sasuke and Sakura

Battle Instincts- Sasuke

Sharingan Powers- Sasuke

Chakra Pool- Sasuke (Normal genins cant use that many jutsu)

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
#Bold Lmao

Touché.
Well it's a handicap. Otherwise a character wearing too obvious flaws on the sleeve for the sake of it, is also an example of weak writing. It's too early to comment on how these characters will be shaped finally. Sarada has other flaws- she hides her weakness by wearing an attitude at times - like in one anime episode when she was trying to learn to balance on water - she lost control and was noticed by Boruto and friends. She acted as if somehow they were at fault for questioning her presence to silence them. This personality quirk can be attributed to both of her parents.

So nope I don't see this Mary Sue flawlessness you talk about.

Being Sakura's daughter could be considered as a flaw, I guess. That's exactly what I'm talking about, Gaiden established a storyline with Karin as the mother of Sarada but nothing happened with it despite the Naruto speech about family/blood and Sarada character development during this arc who got forgotten like nothing ever happened... but I understand Kishimoto, the last time something similar happened Sakura fans sent death threats to him. ( I still believe Karin is the mother )

That's sad because Sarada character development and future power up are extremely linear ; 1T Sharingan -> 2T/3T Sharingan -> MS -> Byakugou -> EMS

Does Sarada have anything unique/new other than being unoriginal? I wonder...
That was sarcasm. You are too naive to take that kind of plot seriously. No one thought she was Karin's daughter for real. People were joking only and Kishimoto and company played with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: salamander uchiha

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well it's a handicap. Otherwise a character wearing too obvious flaws on the sleeve for the sake of it, is also an example of weak writing. It's too early to comment on how these characters will be shaped finally. Sarada has other flaws- she hides her weakness by wearing an attitude at times - like in one anime episode when she was trying to learn to balance on water - she lost it and was noticed by Boruto and friends. She acted if somehow they were at fault for questioning her to silence them.

So nope I don't see this Mary Sue flawlessness you talk about.

That was sarcasm. You are too naive to take that kind of plot seriously. No one thought she was Karin's daughter for real. People were joking only and Kishimoto and company played with them.
Well put, you pretty much summed up everything. What i find funny is some people think Side characters dont have flaws, experience tribulations or dont go through the rituals of training arc just because it's not shown on screen.