Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm no RP Mod, but even though you have a valid suggestion and a good cause, the way the RP mods work is divided I think is fine. Now even though bio's and CJ's or w/e may take a while to check, the amount of work that the RP mods do a day is immense, not to mention that they have to dedicate time to there own things on NB, they have the right to have fun and enjoy every now and then. Adding new mods isn't like saying "hey I like this guy lets mod him" and we have a large amount of staff as it is. Now Caliburn being the RP Admin, knows the situations happening and is trying his best to act fast and intelligently. There are many things to be done.

I suggest you be patient and let the Role Playing staff do its best, if Caliburn believes new mods are needed or that a change in mod activity is also needed he will do so.

Cheers ^^
Adachi, Scorps, Xylon, and Dante all check customs.
Reborn and Cali check bios.
Vincent is head of Teaching
Alternative head of battle test
MU head of NW and checks CFS
Roku handles the sage stuff
I'll let you decide if the work load is divided up properly.
I don't see why those who only have one specific section take an 30 minutes to an hour out of there time to check a couple of bios. Not everyday but a couple bios a day should be enough to decrease the load as well as have plenty of time to handle there other sections.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Adachi, Scorps, Xylon, and Dante all check customs.
Reborn and Cali check bios.
Vincent is head of Teaching
Alternative head of battle test
MU head of NW and checks CFS
Roku handles the sage stuff
I'll let you decide if the work load is divided up properly.
I don't see why those who only have one specific section take an 30 minutes to an hour out of there time to check a couple of bios. Not everyday but a couple bios a day should be enough to decrease the load as well as have plenty of time to handle there other sections.
Things aren't always as simple as they appear on the outside. Though we may have individualized jobs, that doesn't take away from general mod work that we have to do. It may appear as if we aren't divided properly, but in my opinion, we are divided up just fine. Just because it looks like more mods are needed does not always mean that we need new mods. Should Cali feel we need more mods or that our assignments need reshifting, he will see fit to do so. Until then, as Estendir said, remain patient. We got this.

Sterling Malory Archer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Current Head of RP: Caliburn

Biograpies - Head: Caliburn

Bio Checking - Caliburn
Bio & Ability Testing - Scorps, Xylon, Dante, Kiritsugu, Vincent
Bio Rules Maintenance - Caliburn, Scorps

Sensei work - Head: Xylon

Sensei Organization - Vincent, Kiritsugu
Sensei Admission - Written tests: Vincent, Battle tests: Scorps

Custom Skills - Head: Scorps

Custom Techs - Senior checker: Scorps

Custom Jutsu Checking - RokuNR, Xylon, Kiritsugu, Dante
Custom MS Submission - Scorps
CFS Checking - Scorps, Vincent

Custom Elements - Senior checker: Caliburn

CE Checking - Caliburn
CE Jutsu Checking - Xylon, Dante

Custom Clans - Senior checker: RokuNR

Official Sage Testing - RokuNR (Caliburn alternatively, but mainly Roku)
CC Checking - RokuNR
CC Jutsu Checking - RokuNR

Jutsu Maintenance - Head: Scorps

Creating Canon Techs - Scorps, Kiritsugu
Jutsulist Maintenance - Scorps, Kiritsugu

Moderation - Head: Caliburn

Reports and Moderation - Everyone

Mods in the Freezer: Emperor, Riku.., Jinbei and Alucard
(can't currently be very active due to real life issues or other stuff, so the above is based on them not being active. If they are, so much the better.)

in response to the mod duty discussions.

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That version is outdated as some of those members mentioned are no longer mods and the mods that are currently listed are not mainly incharge of some of the things there i think it has been updated.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, you guys are a bit outdate in our job distribution but its also true we don't actually publicize it everytime we change it.

Current Head of RP: Caliburn

• Biograpies - Head: Caliburn
    • Bio Checking - Caliburn, Reborn
    • Bio & Ability Testing - Alternative (Scorps, Vincent if needed)
    • Bio Rules Maintenance - Caliburn, Scorps
  • Sensei work - Head: Vincent
    • Sensei Organization - Vincent, Adachi
    • Sensei Admission - Written tests: Vincent, Battle tests: Vincent
  • Custom Skills - Head: Scorps
    • Custom Techs - Senior checker: Scorps
      • Custom Jutsu Checking - RokuNR, Xylon, Adachi, Ryujin, Scorps
      • Custom MS Submission - Scorps
      • CFS Checking - Scorps, Madara Uchiha
    • Custom Elements - Senior checker: Caliburn
      • CE Checking - Caliburn
      • CE Jutsu Checking - Scorps
    • Custom Clans - Senior checker: RokuNR
      • Official Sage Testing - RokuNR
      • CC Checking - RokuNR
      • CC Jutsu Checking - RokuNR
  • Jutsu Maintenance - Head: Scorps
    • Creating Canon Techs - Scorps
    • Jutsulist Maintenance - Scorps
  • Ninja world - Head: /
    • Everything Related to the NW - Madara Uchiha
  • Moderation - Head: Caliburn
    • Reports and Moderation - Everyone

This is our job distribution. I won't write a big explanation or post before simply closing this but I'll explain it the best I can.

The main point I will say is that everyone who thinks that finding people to become RP Moderators is easy is mistaken. When you become a moderator, sadly, fun and rping becomes secondary and you rarely have the time or the availability to enjoy the system you are helping create and maintain. And from our RP community, its rare to find people who might have the correct skill and knowledge to become a Moderator but more importantly, might have the needed availability. And this is the point that fails the most.

You all can say we victimize ourselves and etc but thats not the case. Being an RP Moderator consumes time; time that you are redirecting from your RL. Every hour I spend on NB is an hour I don't spend in RL with my friends. If I'm at work and have a break and decide to log in on NB, thats time I'll need to repay later in terms of work as I could be doing something. Its even risky depending on what boss you have. But you'll say "oh but you volunteered and you wanted to become a mod. If you don't have the time, give the position to another person". To some extent thats true but thats an overly simplified view of the issue. Regardless of what you might or might not think of any of us, trust me when I say no one will do the job we do like we do it and thats a reason why some of us, even after contemplating leaving modship, are still here: because we don't want to leave our tasks, the fields we worked so much to develop and better, in the hands of someone who might not do it like we think or reason it should be done. Thats why most of you don't understand why not all moderators check bios. I can check a bio, but I'm not as good at it as Caliburn or Reborn. Its not my thing. I won't read every single detail and see the minor things where members are trying to get something exploitable and if I need to do it I'll take plenty of more time. Caliburn doesn't like CJ checking. Its not that he can't do it, he can. But its not his thing. I'm more adept and skillful at noticing stuff, have a greater recollection of what was approved or submitted before, etc. Roku is much more into the clans and what a clan is and how to build a clan, etc. Thus why he has clans. He doesn't like battle checking. Its not that he can't do it. Its that it isn't his thing. Etc Etc

Regardless of your outside views, our tasks are given according to our own individual abilities; our skills in the sections of the RP. And its not easy to get people to do the same we do. Specific fields such as Bio Checking and Custom Checking are so specific that its very hard to find people capable of actually doing it correctly, like we have defined it should be done. When Caliburn was put as RP admin the main thing we all agreed upon was that we shouldn't do it all. At a given time I was doing Battle tests (all of it from organizing to conducting and grading), Sensei Work (all of it except written test), cannon making, bio rules, Cj checking (all of it except CEJs) and tournaments and post to post moderation. It wasn't a good use of my time as none of it was done on par. It was done somewhat half-assed. So we all agreed we needed to focus on our own fields to get a better quality in most aspects. You can argue against it but from a practical point of view and speaking as someone who works in RL in a profession where we can pretty much do 100 different roles, its the best way to organize work: put people doing what they do best to take as much from them in terms of productivity as you can.

Where bios backed up up until Xmas? Yes, a bit. But they aren't now. CJs were and still are way worse. And I'm being honest here. We're trying to find a solution but I honestly don't know how it will be done since the solution I had in mind is failling even before it was put in order. Why? RL is unpredictable. Xylon and Ryujin both are less active than before and they were the main checkers together with me. RL prevents them from logging in and sadly I too have spent less time in NB so things get backed up a bit. And trust me, CJ checking takes time. But I've been a moderator for 2 years going on 3 I think and it has always been like this. There are times when it goes faster than others as we can't avoid our RL forever, even if we neglect it at times.

The only thing I can say in the name of the RP Staff and I know I speak for everyone is that we are doing the best we can and if we find viable solutions to fix our problems, we'll put them in practice. Same goes in terms of find new moderators or adding them if the need exists: Caliburn will do so when needed and will pick the ones most suitable if said ones exist.

And trust me when I say this: when we are outside the blue name, we think everything is so simple and that all solutions are obvious. But once your name turns blue, you understand its not like that at all. Sadly, 99.99999999% will never understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.