Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, I know I haven't really been active as of the last few months. But when I came back I had heard that it has been taking MONTHS, yes plural, for bio's to be checked. Which is highly non-understandable in my opinion. Yes I know there are many, if not hundreds of reason's behind this but still. With bio's not being checked more often that kills the interest in the RP for those who submit bio's, and not being able to use those characters that they want. I remember when bio's were checked at LEAST once a week.

Yeah I know bio's can be frustrating to read, and very tedious, but still it should be done more often. From how I understand there are only a handful of things that need to be checked in a bio to either approve it or decline it.

So finally here is my suggestion, assign more mods to check bio's or too help relieve some of the pressure off the current ones over that section so they can be checked more often, than just once in a blue moon. I have tried throwing my hat into the ring to help with such a process but every time my offer for that kind of help has gone unheeded.

(Yes I know Cali, and the others are in the long process of re-arranging the RP section but still something needs done about this bio situation.)

Reactions: Lord Snow

Penguin

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Took months for Custom Clan bios. Other bios won't take as long. But still, RP Mods should be able to check chicken scratch bios whereas Reborn and Cali get the Custom Clan ones.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Woooooot.

I mean wuuuuuuuuuuut.

Current amount of bios in bio section: 60

Bios posted in January: +/- 40

Remaining bios from last year: Mainly bio tests, can't be checked till the result of the test is in.

The only two bios that are currently have been in wait for a long time are those of Leaf and Zero Kelvin and that's because those are hellish long and/or complex. There were some problems with Serpent's trainings, so his bio can't be check till that is solved. There are also two Kabuto bios, but one of them was going to do a test for an advanced Kabuto and the other one I don't know anymore, I need to read the Kabuto rules again.

Not too long ago there was almost only one page of bios left.

Last edited:

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Woooooot.

I mean wuuuuuuuuuuut.

Remaining bios from last year: Mainly bio tests, can't be checked till the result of the test is in.

The only two bios that are currently have been in wait for a long time are those of Leaf and Zero Kelvin and that's because those are hellish long and/or complex. There were some problems with Serpent's trainings, so his bio can't be check till that is solved. There are also two Kabuto bios, but one of them was going to do a test for an advanced Kabuto and the other one I don't know anymore, I need to read the Kabuto rules again.

This might verge on being off-topic; but is there anything I can do to rectify this? The long sections are just information about an ideology I made up (heavily inspired by Bioware) for RP purposes and five months is a long, long time.

Zanji

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Woooooot.

I mean wuuuuuuuuuuut.

Knew this would catch your attention lol :p

One thing bud, is that the reading the rules shouldn't be on your part mate, it should be on the bio creators part, as well have the necessary permissions (thus why the creation of Scorps' and Madara's permission thread). I understand the whole bio test ones, because there is only so many things that can be done with testers, and testies (silence -_-") posting throughout the week, then waiting for tests to be graded (which btw not entirely sure how often this is done), but once the test is graded by a mod that mod that graded the test should be the very one that goes and either approves said tested bio or declines it dependent on the grade of said test.

Bio's needing tests: 18 +/- (couple people have 2 bio test characters in there)
Bio's with tests not needed or already passed: 36 +/-
Total Bio's need checked: 54 +/-
Bio's posted in January: 30 - of which about 6 +/- are bio tests

There are bio's that have been sitting there since August of last year that's 6 months man, no way in hell a bio test should ever take half a year to complete or grade, let alone bio's to be simply checked. Serpent's training and what not shouldn't have taken this long to have been checked and corrected, I honestly don't see any "big" issue with it other than needing the training to be checked. But none the less bro, the non-test required bio's can be easily checked while the test bio's are being tested/graded, which in itself shouldn't take more than 1 full month to be completely tested and graded and that's at the very Longest it should take for 1 bio test. Now how many sensei's are there to do the tests compared to how many to grade/check/settle any disagreements?

Sorry if I am comin' off like an ass man but yeah, I have heard several members backing out of the RP simply because of how long it takes for bio's to be checked, and for there to be bio's sitting there for 6 months is a bit over the top man.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Knew this would catch your attention lol :p

One thing bud, is that the reading the rules shouldn't be on your part mate, it should be on the bio creators part, as well have the necessary permissions (thus why the creation of Scorps' and Madara's permission thread). I understand the whole bio test ones, because there is only so many things that can be done with testers, and testies (silence -_-") posting throughout the week, then waiting for tests to be graded (which btw not entirely sure how often this is done), but once the test is graded by a mod that mod that graded the test should be the very one that goes and either approves said tested bio or declines it dependent on the grade of said test.

Bio's needing tests: 18 +/- (couple people have 2 bio test characters in there)
Bio's with tests not needed or already passed: 36 +/-
Total Bio's need checked: 54 +/-
Bio's posted in January: 30 - of which about 6 +/- are bio tests

There are bio's that have been sitting there since August of last year that's 6 months man, no way in hell a bio test should ever take half a year to complete or grade, let alone bio's to be simply checked. Serpent's training and what not shouldn't have taken this long to have been checked and corrected, I honestly don't see any "big" issue with it other than needing the training to be checked. But none the less bro, the non-test required bio's can be easily checked while the test bio's are being tested/graded, which in itself shouldn't take more than 1 full month to be completely tested and graded and that's at the very Longest it should take for 1 bio test. Now how many sensei's are there to do the tests compared to how many to grade/check/settle any disagreements?

Sorry if I am comin' off like an ass man but yeah, I have heard several members backing out of the RP simply because of how long it takes for bio's to be checked, and for there to be bio's sitting there for 6 months is a bit over the top man.
Dude, even I don't know every RP rule by heart, that's impossible especially because they are continuously updated. I need to check those rules to see whether someone has the requirements when I'm not 100% sure anymore which those are. Obviously they need to check them too, but what if they don't? That's what bio checking means.

But my point about the rules was that I don't remember exactly anymore which version of Kabuto needs a test and which don't as it's one of those characters that has different versions, each with different restrictions.

Currently Reborn is checking bios, hence their amount is changing.

Also who says they haven't been graded? Normally when a mod grades a test, he's supposed to check the bio, but it regularly happens they forget to decline the bio when a test is failed. From time to time I check the remaining test bios to see what the status is of their test. Most of time I can decline 25 to 50% simply because they failed the test. So no harm done. There were one or two people sending complaints they had been waiting a while for their test to be graded, but not 18 or so. It's also possible the one who is being tested hasn't logged in anymore or simply didn't reply anymore, making everyone forget about the test. Albeit all nothing serious, especially because absolutely NONE of these people were not able to RP. All of them had other bios.

And Serpent stated in his bio that he mastered everything, however there were complaints saying he didn't and he couldn't provide any proof. I don't know exactly what was decided as other RP mods were handling it, but he was supposed to first train again or something. The trainings were checked, but some of them did not back up what was stated in he bio. I Haven't heard anything since then, Serpent might even be not active anymore. But seriously you are going to nitpick on a single bio of someone who has already two RP bios while hundreds of others had been checked?

It took a while to check the sensei, mod and CC bios last 3 months or so because only I can check those and I was busy in real life. But seriously all of them could still RP and I don't believe for a second that there was anyone or barely anyone who was waiting 6 months. Not to mention when I check them, I do it in massive quantities. I supplied an entire clan of bios in a day.

On top of that who says those people who told you all that were being objectively? In most cases these people mainly think about their own bio. Have you got an idea how many bios got checked in those 6 months? I sincerely doubt it. Don't stumble over the leftovers when the majority has been checked. Fact is the only persons who can truly complain if it takes too long for a bio to check, are people who posted their first bio.

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, my input into this suggestion is; We have RP mods that have manage to remain the RP balanced, their duty is the same as the avatar. You, are the big boss of them all. (RP section) and each one of them have a different kind of duty. Scorps is the one responsible for the jutsu list, CJ checking and many more. Madara Uchiha is responsible for the NW, Vincent for the sensei's, Roku for the custom clans, CJ'S and CCJ's and etc. And in this case, both you and Reborn are responsible for the biography section. Are the both of you more then enough? No.

The biography section is getting bigger and bigger with the day. People keep making biography's like it's nothing. Switch biography's, ask to delete some, edit some, remove some to another section and yada yada yada. Since Reborn actually alone isn't enough to manage the long ass written biography's that some submit I suggest to hire one, or two more JUST FOR THE BIOGRAPHY SECTION like three/four mods moderate the CJ section.

It seems to me that these days it has been... a taboo or something to make some RP mods. We have many members that are capable of giving a helping hand to the base. They don't need to be sensei's in my opinion since both Reborn and Alternative weren't even sensei's or any kind and became mods pure out of the goals and things they achieved (and knowledge of the RP, I guess they had to do some written tests to pass, I assume?), so a few mods suggested them to become a mod and it got took into consideration. If they simply master the skills of how to check RP biography's then it could become a piece of cake to the ones you choose that are fit to do so. Some in the base are members for over four years and yet do not have the complete knowledge of the RP (me, for example) while others that joined the base or the RP section for just one/two years do.

Off topic, I guess?: Roku, I think he's having kind of burn outs. He hasn't been capable of talking to anyone because of him maintaining the Custom clan submissions, Custom clan jutsu submission and on top of that, the sage missions as you know. (For example, just take a look at his VM wall (He doesn't seem as the old Roku I knew, despite the fact of him being utterly busy he always was in for a chit-chat)). This doesn't mean that he's not maintaining it in a good manner, this just means that he needs a helping hand.

And you, Caliburn are the one that need to give the RP mod's orders, approve their roleplay thoughts that they want to put in place and many more stuff that involve the RP section. You're doing a great job thus far but I think that you would take off some of the weight you have on your shoulder by leaving that to Reborn and someone else. (Whether it's an RP mod that has some space left to help Reborn out or a new one)

Reactions: Drāgy

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Whoa. The requesting of the admins for the creation of the new moderators. This escalated quickly. But honestly, just letting every mod be able to check bios would solve any waiting issues. Every mod doesn't have to check bios but if they want to they can just check them. This was how it was for a long time on the site, and people rarely complained about the wait (though some of course did) back then.

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Whoa. The requesting of the admins for the creation of the new moderators. This escalated quickly. But honestly, just letting every mod be able to check bios would solve any waiting issues. Every mod doesn't have to check bios but if they want to they can just check them. This was how it was for a long time on the site, and people rarely complained about the wait (though some of course did) back then.
This will decrease their time of working on their actual duties. It'll become highly unbalanced, they have many other things that are more important to take care of.

Edit: This will also cause another ''escalated'' suggestion as you said. Members will whine that for example; their battle test is taking too long to get graded, or their CJ is taking too long to get checked etc. etc.

Last edited:

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The price that must be paid.

LoK was just modded, I don't think the admins are going to add more mods right after that. Though in true perspective, I have no idea what the admins are going to do.

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To be honest, the fact is that the bio checking could be better and i dont really think the addition of a new moderator to approve bios really improved the situation greatly, whats sad is that the waiting game eventually makes the new rpers to lose hope and quit because their first bio is taking too long and they cant train or battle without one.

Noni

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree with crutch. There needs to be some kind of organization, for example every one mod can spend on day while they are online to check bios. That would mean everyday bios are getting check. If at least 5-8 bios a day are checked then in 7 days we can expect 35-56 bios to get checked in a week. There are like a little over 60 I believe not checked. So if we go by a simple schedule for each mod to take care of the bios and take an hour out of there day then it will drastically improve this whole bio problem. And after everything is caught up, things can be done much smoother. Of course I would not expect every mod to check bios (Like Xylon or Roku, I don't even know what they are doing anymore, they seem very inactive) but we have, as active mods, Scorps, Alt, Reborn, MU,Vincent, Adachi, and Dante (Ryujin). Also yeah, it is not like everyone of them will be active, but quite frankly how long does it take to check a couple of simple bios. I'm not talking about wallie bios, or complex bios, but canon bios (which should take very little time to check) and new rper bios.

Klaus

Legendary
Kin
31💸
Kumi
17💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with crutch. There needs to be some kind of organization, for example every one mod can spend on day while they are online to check bios. That would mean everyday bios are getting check. If at least 5-8 bios a day are checked then in 7 days we can expect 35-56 bios to get checked in a week. There are like a little over 60 I believe not checked. So if we go by a simple schedule for each mod to take care of the bios and take an hour out of there day then it will drastically improve this whole bio problem. And after everything is caught up, things can be done much smoother. Of course I would not expect every mod to check bios (Like Xylon or Roku, I don't even know what they are doing anymore, they seem very inactive) but we have, as active mods, Scorps, Alt, Reborn, MU,Vincent, Adachi, and Dante (Ryujin). Also yeah, it is not like everyone of them will be active, but quite frankly how long does it take to check a couple of simple bios. I'm not talking about wallie bios, or complex bios, but canon bios (which should take very little time to check) and new rper bios.
I'm no RP Mod, but even though you have a valid suggestion and a good cause, the way the RP mods work is divided I think is fine. Now even though bio's and CJ's or w/e may take a while to check, the amount of work that the RP mods do a day is immense, not to mention that they have to dedicate time to there own things on NB, they have the right to have fun and enjoy every now and then. Adding new mods isn't like saying "hey I like this guy lets mod him" and we have a large amount of staff as it is. Now Caliburn being the RP Admin, knows the situations happening and is trying his best to act fast and intelligently. There are many things to be done.

I suggest you be patient and let the Role Playing staff do its best, if Caliburn believes new mods are needed or that a change in mod activity is also needed he will do so.

Cheers ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.