Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Once you suggest taking things away from people, the mods will instantly invalidate all your points. This is a fact.

Instead of just implementing changes, I think NB RP should have a section where changes can be tested by certain people so that existing stuff doesn't have to be removed, and if the changes don't work out, oh well, it didn't do any harm. But of course then there is the issue of what suggestions should be tested out , etc...
I agree with this. Like a RP-Beta section. Then when a trial is brought forward, a thread is created for guinea pigs and members can apply. Then the selected try out the idea, if it seems potential wise. More members can be brought on, and if it seems like it still has potential, more members can be brought on until a final verdict can be brought forth.

---

For the limiting element part, the way I would implement it is a member can learn all 5 elements, however a bio (depending on what bio) can only use 2-3 elements (something like that). That would make us work harder on our bio creating more attachment to it. Making us review all our Custom related stuff and to try to build our bio. It would also cut down on the OP gap.

BusinessManTeno

Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
Ease up off attacking the mods every chance you get, one thing you all must remember is that they were members just like the rest of you at some point and just as subjected to the rules of the RP as you are now. They are not trying to be the bad guys so many of you like to label them of being.
That quote is kinda contradicting. Cause you pretty much took a shot at them through the statement

Well Too DAMNED bad you WILLINGLY signed up to be a mod of that section now, suck up your damned balls and be just as willing to do more, Yes some of you are doing exceptional in your given sections, while others are falling behind for either feeling overwhelmed or just don't give a damn anymore, or even a combination of the two. Now where I work, my bosses commend you for going outside of your job description and willing to do more, so I don't see why Cali would be upset if some of y'all took the inspiration to try and do a bit more, maybe ask the governing mod of that section if they would like to have some help with some of the stuff that needs to be done, instead of sitting in your little hiding hole of the RP and not stepping out of that comfort zone
Anyways... I learned something as the years go by. Alot of these things are said often, and I say them atleast like Once a year, and sadly get in trouble for it, (This year I wont cause I truly gave up on a better rp here. I just accept it and move on) Now Ima tell you off back, If you really want to see some changes, Talk to Scorps. He has ALOT of influence in implementing rules, and he will hear your idea out. && LOK, he interacts with members like he is Lord Of Kaos and not that ugly/handsome uchiha. U_U and he will hear your idea out too. If what you said is liked im sure they would have no problem with taking it to caliburn.

Ima keep this free of bashing, simply cause idgaf. But on your mod statement, its nothing short of true. Its obvious we see the rp mods who do stuff, but their are literally some mods who all they do is try to "Better" the rp with suggestions. Like, lol does it take coming a RP mod for you to hear our suggestions out? Use a Voting bored. Or a damn Suggestion Committee. I already know whats going to come next "You dont see everything we do behind closed doors" That is true.... but for some rp mods.. what do they have to show for it.. One thing I truly think not just RP mods, but ALOT of people are forgetting is that RP is to have fun, this is supposed to be a place where I can escape from reality, but why escape reality when I just come to another reality. -shrug-

My suggestion. Try your best to get Rei Active again and BEG on all 4s. Cause Its not just the mods fault, and its not def not the members fault all neither. Mods make the rules we abide by them in a negative way. Sometimes its best to just look at things from both angles Y'know.

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I respect your opinion and i am disgusted by those who made statements to degrade or insult you, however i don't share or accept such opinions. . I personally wont mind dropping my customs or any thing of that sort as it doesn't hold much importance to me to be honest but to some members it does it means the world and from the very point you mentioned that your suggestions become something that isn't possible, also i feel your criticizing of the jobs the role-play moderators do could have been carried out in a more mature manner, sure some are slacking and not doing their work as efficient as they should but the no system is perfect and most of them are pulling there weights here and there and doing their best, so much more credit should be given to them on that regard. At the end of the day this is another thread which would be closed after a few more posts with a huge closing statement by one of the staff members with nothing changed, the role playing system on Nb is fine in my opinion, could be better true, but i am thankful for it.

"As I am aware of it all the mods have certain area's that they are governing and not allowed to do go beyond that regardless of how "backed up" someone's section is getting, simply not allowed. Now to be honest that is a load of bull shit in a fricken semi-truck"

The above statement made me lose respect for your suggestion and your opinion, the reasons moderators have sections they govern is because they are best suited to work efficiently in such places, like a certain rp mod said sometime ago if i can remember properly its not that they cant do the other works but they wont be as efficient and useful compared to the other mods selected specially for those sections. ie the bio section

Last edited:
Reactions: Mephistopheles

Erzo

Legendary
Kin
551💸
Kumi
1,094💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now back in the day (yeah I know some of yall get tired of me talkin' about the golden age of the rp but tough shit. Back then the RP actually had a promising future instead of the damned future it has now which isn't nearly as pretty.) Every "RP" Mod, did everything they helped out everywhere they could even if they didn't fully know just what the hell to do. But ever since Zen left and "others" were brought in and have taken over, they have admittedly gotten lazier than a middle-aged sloth, about their duties mostly because they are bored, or "tired" of hearing the members ***** them out (yes Kumo member and Ame members your the focal point of that remark), or they feel like there is just too damned much to deal with at times.
Back in the day this, back in the day that. Zanji, we've seen the arguments from the 'Golden age' of the RP, they were just as bad as they are now. Things may be more technical now, but stop making it seem as if everything was perfect back then too. We've seen NW wars which were nothing but arguments, and people complaining or quitting.

Well Too DAMNED bad you WILLINGLY signed up to be a mod of that section now, suck up your damned balls and be just as willing to do more, Yes some of you are doing exceptional in your given sections, while others are falling behind for either feeling overwhelmed or just don't give a damn anymore, or even a combination of the two. Now where I work, my bosses commend you for going outside of your job description and willing to do more, so I don't see why Cali would be upset if some of y'all took the inspiration to try and do a bit more, maybe ask the governing mod of that section if they would like to have some help with some of the stuff that needs to be done, instead of sitting in your little hiding hole of the RP and not stepping out of that comfort zone.
My suggestion to the MEMBERS of the RP to save it:

Ease up off attacking the mods every chance you get, one thing you all must remember is that they were members just like the rest of you at some point and just as subjected to the rules of the RP as you are now. They are not trying to be the bad guys so many of you like to label them of being.
''Guys be nice to mods. Lets not insult them'' he says, before insulting them himself.

Get rid of the post count system for ranking, that is one of the factors in the killing of the RP people are too quick at jumping from one thing to another rank wise when infact they should actually have to work in the RP for certain ranks, now if need be I can come up with an outline or suggestion for how to rank up if you all would like.

Post rank isn't that big of an issue in the RP, removing it might make more work as something new would have to be implemented, and we can't just assume you'll come up with a perfect idea which will work without issues.

I didn't even bother reading the rest.

Reactions: Howard

Noni

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So you want us to reduce the elements, but you talk about how the RP back then was at its best. Back then though, weren't people given more abilities and powers?

You basically told us to attack the mods yet you just questioned their work ethic?

You want to change the ranking system, but back then didn't they try that? And it did not work at all. Back when it was the RPs "golden age"?

You must be registered for see images

BusinessManTeno

Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
When he says golden age, I believe he mean the start of rp, which I seen the war (the first one) and it seemed ALOT more fun, though arguing is always going to happen due to disagreement, the type of arguing was different then. When he refer to the "Golden" age, I look at it as People rped, and had fun with it. Vs now where people rp.... for nothing I guess. I used to rp to settle my beef (Which was a nice way to avoid getting infracted)

But Erzo, now compared to then. Im sure many can atest it was better. But it will NEVER go back that way. You can tell rpers back then was not trying to be the biggest, and the baddest with the most op custom vs now you got people who want to catch em all.. U_U I can go on for ages (See what I did there) But its futile. I knew I shouldve made a bio when I first joined in 2010 ! I wouldve had Cell Release, and Organic Release ! And I wouldve been the most op on the base. DAMN IT ALL!!!!!

Sterling Malory Archer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When he says golden age, I believe he mean the start of rp, which I seen the war (the first one) and it seemed ALOT more fun, though arguing is always going to happen due to disagreement, the type of arguing was different then. When he refer to the "Golden" age, I look at it as People rped, and had fun with it. Vs now where people rp.... for nothing I guess. I used to rp to settle my beef (Which was a nice way to avoid getting infracted)

But Erzo, now compared to then. Im sure many can atest it was better. But it will NEVER go back that way. You can tell rpers back then was not trying to be the biggest, and the baddest with the most op custom vs now you got people who want to catch em all.. U_U I can go on for ages (See what I did there) But its futile. I knew I shouldve made a bio when I first joined in 2010 ! I wouldve had Cell Release, and Organic Release ! And I wouldve been the most op on the base. DAMN IT ALL!!!!!
But then again, during the "golden age" I highly doubt NB had 100k members.

Alucard

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've always been down for the limited elements idea. When I use my Gaara bio I usually try to stick with only sand, wind and bijutsu already. I also think it would make Kakuzu or other characters who can overcome the element limit (Hiruzen, Kakashi, Kin/Gin bros using the banana fan thing, etc.) more meaningful.

But at this point I think its too late to do something like that.
This^

I agree that it would make certain bios feel more special and would personally prefer it that way, however, like Typhon said, it's too late for that. On top of that, there will always be people who wouldn't be happy with certain things, but those people need to learn how to co-exist. Only thing you can do is restrict your battles in the Battle Arena

And one of the reasons the RP might not be as fun as it could be is clearly in this thread. People take things very personal and are easily offended. It surprises me the lack of respect some members have.. but oh well.

Last edited:

BusinessManTeno

Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
But then again, during the "golden age" I highly doubt NB had 100k members.
And how many of these 100k members are actually active/not alts/ or participate in the RP?
Your answer sterling. The amount of rpers have indeed increase, but by how much really? You can go to the archive and literally see who submitted things weekly and tell they were active. Most of those are inactive, When 1 falls another rise. So I always found that argument to be moot.

Mephistopheles

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This^

I agree that it would make certain bios feel more special and would personally prefer it that way, however, like Typhon said, it's too late for that. On top of that, there will always be people who wouldn't be happy with certain things, but those people need to learn how to co-exist. Only thing you can do is restrict your battles in the Battle Arena

And one of the reasons the RP might not be as fun as it could be is clearly in this thread. People take things very personal and are easily offended. It surprises me the lack of respect some members have.. but oh well.
I think this sums it all up perfectly.
To avoid spam, I'll close this thread now.

PS, I agree on the let's not blame mods for everything ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.