Trait Points
0⚔️
It would be C.

( Fudōchi Shinmyōroku ) – The Unfettered Mind
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 40 ( -10 per turn )
Damage: N/A ( +40 to Rōnin Kenjutsu )
Description: Considered by many to be the Rōnin’s ultimate technique, as well as their answer to the Samurai’s Bushidō. The Rōnin will release infuse their body and armor with their spiritual energy, granting them augmented abilities; it appears as an aura of purple energy. This infusion reduces the damage of all spiritual based attacks by 50. While active, the fortified spiritual energy prevents the Rōnin from falling under the influence of illusionary techniques, barring those augmented with Yin Release or cast by the Mangekyou Sharingan. The Rōnin’s Spiritual Kenjutsu are enhanced by 40 additional damage, and they become able to move three times faster than their base speed. Upon ending the Rōnin is unable to utilize Iaido, as well as use Spiritual Kenjutsu higher than A-Rank for a single turn. This technique lasts for 6 turns and can be used three times.
Note: Can only be used by Rōnin biographies.

Now, the creme de la creme of Ronin techs. This one visually grants you a purple chakra shroud and strengthens your spiritual connection and resistance. Any non MS level Genjutsu will not work, barring Yin Enhanced Genjutsu. The last part is important because this refers to normal Genjutsu enhanced by Yin techs. Additionally, your Ronin Techniques are likewise enhanced by 40 damage and your speed increases by 3x.

( Fudōchi Shinmyōroku: Taiaki ) – The Unfettered Mind: Annals of the Sword Taia
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: 60 ( -20 per turn )
Damage: 120
Description: The user will draw their sword while Fudōchi Shinmyōroku is active. Based on the Rōnin’s Dangerous Strike, the Annals of the Sword Taia forms a complete spiritual ethereal warrior around the user’s body, resembling their own form. This technique is much like Susano’o though with much smaller stature; the body of Taia is the expression of the ultimate spirit, capable of passing through physical targets that would otherwise obstruct a blade and directly strike at the spiritual energy of a technique or target to inflict its damage. In a sense, this technique is simply an extension of the aura formed during the Unfettered Mind. Taia lasts for the remainder of the duration of the Unfettered Mind, though while it is active the user is only able to perform Rōnin Kenjutsu and regular Kenjutsu through their ethereal guardian. The guardian’s damage, while immense, comes at the cost of a move. Usable twice and lasts as long as the remaining time on Unfettered Mind; once this technique expires the user will be unable to use techniques above A-Rank for a single turn.
Note: Can only be used by Rōnin biographies.
Note: Requires the user to have first used The Unfettered Mind.

This one is great imo; Drackos created it and it essentially functions as an extension of the Dangerous Strike. Creating a chakra warrior around you, this allows you to strike through techniques much like Dangerous Strike but with much more damage and versatility imo. Can you name the advantages this has over the normal technique?
Okay, thanks for clarifying!

As far as Unfettered Mind goes, thanks for the forewarning. I wouldn’t not have anticipated that as regular Genjutsu that were enhanced with Yin.

Otherwise I think it’s an amazing technique. +40 to Ronin Kenjutsu, widespread Genjutsu immunity, 50 points of spiritual resistance , and the x3 speed. This gives Ronin a lot of what it wanted, and is a great overall technique.

One question about this, and I suppose modes/states in general. Can this be used before it ends to extend the duration? Or does it have to lapse and go into cooldown before it can be used again?

I LOVE this technique. So compared to Dangerous Strike this technique has much more damage and range (having a minimum 160 damage due to the +40 from Unfettered Mind!). Additionally, it can be “used” much more since you can just use a moveslot while it’s active for the effect.

And of course, this technique gets crazy synergy with Kuebiko due to its sustained nature and incredible range.

I do have a few questions about it though.

Taia lasts for the remainder of the duration of the Unfettered Mind, though while it is active the user is only able to perform Rōnin Kenjutsu and regular Kenjutsu through their ethereal guardian.
Does this mean the user can ONLY use Ronin and Regular Kenjutsu while Taia is active (so, for example, the user couldn’t use Taijutsu or Dokkodo), or that if they use Ronin or Regular Kenjutsu, Taia must use it in their place?

And, it doesn’t mention it, but since it’s based off of Dangerous Strike, does it have the same ability to clash versus chakra if it wants to, or is this one JUST damage?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Question 1. Can't be looped to extend its use, gotta hit cooldown first.

Question 2: The former, Tai related fields can only be used when active.

Question 3: Just damage. It may be altered later to buff but for balance rn, just damage.

I believe that's the last one so now, on to Dokkodo! I'll explain it briefly then we can jump into the techs.

Dokkodo is Natural Energy Kenjutsu, to sum it down to the barest description. By training to channel Natural Energy into yourself, one can augment their Kenjutsu by giving it petrification-based properties. This extends to Jutsu or opponents, shattering thr former while preventing movement of the latter. An exclusive perk of this is that it allows Samurai and Ronin to utilize this ability without the need for activating the actual mode, though should the mode be entered then higher perks are obtained.

Since the first tech is merely a movement tech, I'll skip over teaching it and go to the more important ones.

( Dokkōdō: Kakusu Shinjitsu ) - The Alone Way: Hidden Truths
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 20 - 40
Damage: 40 - 80
Description: This technique is comparable to the Samurai Saber Technique in both its concept and execution. By channeling Senjutsu into the blade, the user becomes capable of creating crescents of natural energy sharpened to slice through metal and bone effortlessly. These crescents are capable of combating equal ranked Elemental Ninjutsu. Unlike Samurai Saber Technique, however, these cannot create chakra weapons to attack with, instead just creating slashes and strikes following the user's strike motion. They crescents can carry the effects of either form of Senkenjutsu.

( Dokkōdō: Kendangan ) - The Alone Way: Sword Bullet
Description: The user channels Senjutsu chakra to his sword, focusing it into the hilt of the weapon. With this chakra coalescing to form a Senjutsu chakra replica of the hilt, the user causes it to fire off at the target quickly. This was created to disarm opponents by targeting their hands and wrists to strike quickly and cause them to lose grip of their weapon. If successful, this causes the opponent to be unable to utilize their hands for two turns. The user can substitute the chakra hilt for a replica of their sword for higher damage, disabling the use of the targetted limb for twice as long as well.
Note: Can only be used with Dokkodo active. Ronin and Samurai are capable of utilizing outside of the mode.
Note: Sword Replica is an S rank ability and creates up to 5 replicas to send at targets. Can only be done 3 times in total.

Both very simple techniques, one with more usability than the other. The second technique is designed to allow you to quickly disarm a foe and even prevent Hand seals from being used for a few turns. It can be compared to Iaido, however it does not have the same speed and moves at normal Jutsu speeds.

The first is directly comparable to Samurai Saber and as such, I don't think I'll have to touch much on it with you specifically. The main difference to note is this creates just slashes and not constructs.

Questions on either?

Reactions: Keotsu
Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Question 1. Can't be looped to extend its use, gotta hit cooldown first.

Question 2: The former, Tai related fields can only be used when active.

Question 3: Just damage. It may be altered later to buff but for balance rn, just damage.

I believe that's the last one so now, on to Dokkodo! I'll explain it briefly then we can jump into the techs.

Dokkodo is Natural Energy Kenjutsu, to sum it down to the barest description. By training to channel Natural Energy into yourself, one can augment their Kenjutsu by giving it petrification-based properties. This extends to Jutsu or opponents, shattering thr former while preventing movement of the latter. An exclusive perk of this is that it allows Samurai and Ronin to utilize this ability without the need for activating the actual mode, though should the mode be entered then higher perks are obtained.

Since the first tech is merely a movement tech, I'll skip over teaching it and go to the more important ones.

( Dokkōdō: Kakusu Shinjitsu ) - The Alone Way: Hidden Truths
Description: This technique is comparable to the Samurai Saber Technique in both its concept and execution. By channeling Senjutsu into the blade, the user becomes capable of creating crescents of natural energy sharpened to slice through metal and bone effortlessly. These crescents are capable of combating equal ranked Elemental Ninjutsu. Unlike Samurai Saber Technique, however, these cannot create chakra weapons to attack with, instead just creating slashes and strikes following the user's strike motion. They crescents can carry the effects of either form of Senkenjutsu.

( Dokkōdō: Kendangan ) - The Alone Way: Sword Bullet
Description: The user channels Senjutsu chakra to his sword, focusing it into the hilt of the weapon. With this chakra coalescing to form a Senjutsu chakra replica of the hilt, the user causes it to fire off at the target quickly. This was created to disarm opponents by targeting their hands and wrists to strike quickly and cause them to lose grip of their weapon. If successful, this causes the opponent to be unable to utilize their hands for two turns. The user can substitute the chakra hilt for a replica of their sword for higher damage, disabling the use of the targetted limb for twice as long as well.
Note: Can only be used with Dokkodo active. Ronin and Samurai are capable of utilizing outside of the mode.
Note: Sword Replica is an S rank ability and creates up to 5 replicas to send at targets. Can only be done 3 times in total.

Both very simple techniques, one with more usability than the other. The second technique is designed to allow you to quickly disarm a foe and even prevent Hand seals from being used for a few turns. It can be compared to Iaido, however it does not have the same speed and moves at normal Jutsu speeds.

The first is directly comparable to Samurai Saber and as such, I don't think I'll have to touch much on it with you specifically. The main difference to note is this creates just slashes and not constructs.

Questions on either?
Awesome, clear enough for those questions.

As far as Hidden Truths is concerned, nah, no questions; like you mentioned, its almost a 1:1 with SSS minus the construct portion (which most people don't utilize anyway).

Sword Bullet is an interesting one, with some VERY potent effects, but thankfully is simple enough that I don't have any questions about these guys in particular, other than:

How does damage division work currently? If I make 5 Swords with the S rank version is that 16 damage per sword, or just "all five swords do 80 damage" and sufficiently blocking it (say, with Raikiri, which is also 80 damage) would be fine?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awesome, clear enough for those questions.

As far as Hidden Truths is concerned, nah, no questions; like you mentioned, its almost a 1:1 with SSS minus the construct portion (which most people don't utilize anyway).

Sword Bullet is an interesting one, with some VERY potent effects, but thankfully is simple enough that I don't have any questions about these guys in particular, other than:

How does damage division work currently? If I make 5 Swords with the S rank version is that 16 damage per sword, or just "all five swords do 80 damage" and sufficiently blocking it (say, with Raikiri, which is also 80 damage) would be fine?
The former; it'll be divided in terms of damage and I'd argue if more than 3 hit a limb, that limb is disabled as the tech explains.

( Dokkōdō: Shiraha Nagashi ) - The Alone Way: White Blade Flow
Type: Defensive
Chakra: 30 - 40
Damage: N/A
Description: After entering Dakkodo, the user aims at incoming targets and slashes at the target with a Senjutsu enhanced melee attack. When the sword makes contact with the target, the released chakra quickly corrodes through the obstacle, weakening by exposing the obstacle's "shatter point". This is a point on the technique that the Senjutsu compromises, causing it to shatter in a glow of white glass-like shards, lending to the technique's name. It is capable of destroying solids and liquids of equal chakra or lower while dispersing energy as well.
Note: Can only be used with Dakkodo active. Ronin and Samurai are capable of utilizing outside of the mode.

This is one of my favorite techniques, pretty simple to use and set up. In your case, you can use it without the mode or with. Once the sword has channeled natural energy around it, you attack a target and release the corrosive chakra through the object to weaken it and cause it to shatter. Any questions?

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The former; it'll be divided in terms of damage and I'd argue if more than 3 hit a limb, that limb is disabled as the tech explains.

( Dokkōdō: Shiraha Nagashi ) - The Alone Way: White Blade Flow
Type: Defensive
Description: After entering Dakkodo, the user aims at incoming targets and slashes at the target with a Senjutsu enhanced melee attack. When the sword makes contact with the target, the released chakra quickly corrodes through the obstacle, weakening by exposing the obstacle's "shatter point". This is a point on the technique that the Senjutsu compromises, causing it to shatter in a glow of white glass-like shards, lending to the technique's name. It is capable of destroying solids and liquids of equal chakra or lower while dispersing energy as well.
Note: Can only be used with Dakkodo active. Ronin and Samurai are capable of utilizing outside of the mode.

This is one of my favorite techniques, pretty simple to use and set up. In your case, you can use it without the mode or with. Once the sword has channeled natural energy around it, you attack a target and release the corrosive chakra through the object to weaken it and cause it to shatter. Any questions?
Ah, noted. So it can be made powerful, or split up to make it harder to block.

I love this, and this is the reason I actually wanted to resume training; I have a few ideas for a group of techniques based around this. And nope, no questions! Honestly, this is like a better version of my prayers on my main account, haha.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Dokkōdō ) - The Alone Way
Type: Mode
Damage: N/A ( +30/40 to Kenjutsu/Taijutsu )
Description: By taking a stance and channeling copious amounts of chakra while drawing in natural energy into their blade, the user enters a swordsmen state known as Dokkodo or the Alone Way. The chakra creates several markings across the user's lower jaw and neck, extending down both arms to fully cover the forearms and arms in scale-like platings as a chakra shroud that grants a large Vizard-like mask across their faces. The general appearance differs from user to user but these traits are shared. After activation, the user gains access to the exclusive art of Senjutsu utilized via Kenjutsu in two unique forms. The first form allows the user's techniques to carry the ability to cause a foe to become petrified 3 turns after being cut, the wound drawing in natural energy and prevents passive healing until healed by outside sources or the target is petrified, whichever comes sooner. The second form allows for techniques to carry the ability to corrode techniques and targets resistances, eating away at natural defenses when striking targets to weaken and prevent natural damage resistances. Should targets be hit by the corrosive Senkenjutsu, they will take the listed damage of the technique. In addition to this, when techniques land, the amount of chakra spent will be deducted from the object's damage resistance capabilities to cause it to plummet ( i.e. if an A rank Kenjutsu was used and lands and the target can shave 20 damage, 15 ( half of 30 chakra ) of it will be removed to leave 5 Damage Shaving ). Should their damage resistance drop to 0, it will remain there until being healed by outside sources.
Note: Can only be used 3 times each battle, each use lasting up to 8 turns. After ending, the user cannot use A rank and above physical techniques ( Tai/Ken, Jutsu with extended/detailed physical movements, etc ) for two turns and the effects of the 20% Torso Health drawbacks trigger. Each subsequent use adds 10% to the Torso Health drawbacks.
Note: Samurai and Ronin are capable of using Dokkodo techniques without entering the state though if they do, they experience a 10 damage increase compared to shinobi using the mode.

The most important part of the kit, this allows you to actually enter the mode. Visually designed to be like Vizards from Bleach, you gain a chakra shroud as well as a mask. You gain access to two unique forms of Senkenjutsu. Explain them, how they differ and why one would be more useful than the other in certain scenarios and ask any questions you may have.

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dokkōdō ) - The Alone Way
Type: Mode
Damage: N/A ( +30/40 to Kenjutsu/Taijutsu )
Description: By taking a stance and channeling copious amounts of chakra while drawing in natural energy into their blade, the user enters a swordsmen state known as Dokkodo or the Alone Way. The chakra creates several markings across the user's lower jaw and neck, extending down both arms to fully cover the forearms and arms in scale-like platings as a chakra shroud that grants a large Vizard-like mask across their faces. The general appearance differs from user to user but these traits are shared. After activation, the user gains access to the exclusive art of Senjutsu utilized via Kenjutsu in two unique forms. The first form allows the user's techniques to carry the ability to cause a foe to become petrified 3 turns after being cut, the wound drawing in natural energy and prevents passive healing until healed by outside sources or the target is petrified, whichever comes sooner. The second form allows for techniques to carry the ability to corrode techniques and targets resistances, eating away at natural defenses when striking targets to weaken and prevent natural damage resistances. Should targets be hit by the corrosive Senkenjutsu, they will take the listed damage of the technique. In addition to this, when techniques land, the amount of chakra spent will be deducted from the object's damage resistance capabilities to cause it to plummet ( i.e. if an A rank Kenjutsu was used and lands and the target can shave 20 damage, 15 ( half of 30 chakra ) of it will be removed to leave 5 Damage Shaving ). Should their damage resistance drop to 0, it will remain there until being healed by outside sources.
Note: Can only be used 3 times each battle, each use lasting up to 8 turns. After ending, the user cannot use A rank and above physical techniques ( Tai/Ken, Jutsu with extended/detailed physical movements, etc ) for two turns and the effects of the 20% Torso Health drawbacks trigger. Each subsequent use adds 10% to the Torso Health drawbacks.
Note: Samurai and Ronin are capable of using Dokkodo techniques without entering the state though if they do, they experience a 10 damage increase compared to shinobi using the mode.

The most important part of the kit, this allows you to actually enter the mode. Visually designed to be like Vizards from Bleach, you gain a chakra shroud as well as a mask. You gain access to two unique forms of Senkenjutsu. Explain them, how they differ and why one would be more useful than the other in certain scenarios and ask any questions you may have.
Alright, so my understanding is as follows:

Entering Dokkodo, for normal combatants, is what allows access to all the Dokkodo techniques we've trained in thus far; Samurai and Ronin don't need to activate the Mode to use Dokkodo techniques, save a few (that we have yet to train in) that mention that even they require the mode to access.

In Dokkodo, you have access to two main effects: Petrification and and Damage Resistance Reduction.

Petrification is as it says on the tin: petrification. Striking an enemy with a Dokkodo technique that causes petrification after 3 turns, turning the enemy stone and essentially turning any Dokkodo technique with this into a 1-hit-kill attack (which is important, as for Non-Sam/Ron, they only have a limited number of turns they can sustain Dokkodo). Additionally, unless the enemy has a way to cleanse themselves of Natural Energy, either by their own ability to manipulate Senjutsu, or by receiving outside healing, it also prevents any sort of regeneration, but only until the target is petrified. This is useful against things, like, 10T Madara (on paper) who would have high regeneration.

The second form is Damage Resistance Reduction. It does damage like a normal Kenjutsu technique would, but has the additional effect of reducing the damage reduction an opponent has by half the chakra cost of the Dokkodo technique that hit them; so if the Third Raikage, who has 40 damage resistance, with an A rank technique (30 chakra), it would reduce his damage resistance by 15 (half of 30), to a total of 25. This effect, as far as I can tell, is permanent, unlike the petrification, until the battle ends. So this is a longer-term effect than the petrification, and likely you'd use this first to reduce an opponent's damage resistance so that you could then hit them with a petrifying attack to end the battle.

At the surface, petrification is better against targets who have no damage resistance, as essentially any hit is fatal. Damage Resistance Reduction is useful for enemies that you could not otherwise hurt, largely so that you could then try and petrify them.

Sorry about this, I have a *ton* of questions about this in particular.

1. The Damage Bonus is listed as ( +30/40 to Kenjutsu/Taijutsu ), but I have been lead to believe that Taijutsu boosts *also* affect Kenjutsu, as it is a subfamily. Does that mean it just gives +40 damage flat, to Taijustu and Kenjutsu?
    1. It also has the note: Samurai and Ronin are capable of using Dokkodo techniques without entering the state though if they do, they experience a 10 damage increase compared to shinobi using the mode.
      1. Does this mean that the SamRon's bonus becomes ( +40/50 to Kenjutsu/Taijutsu ), or is it a second, +10 boost, meaning that the Mode counts as your two active boosts?
  2. About the Fatigue effect: 20% Torso Health drawbacks trigger. Each subsequent use adds 10% to the Torso Health drawbacks.
    1. So the first usage cause you to hit 20% Torso Fatigue. Does the second use cause you to:
      1. Take an additional 10%, for a Total of 30% Fatigue (20 +10)
      2. Take an additional 30%, for a total of 50% Fatigue (20 + (20+10))
        1. Depending on how this works I think largely effects the viability of the Nature's Warrior Spec. Reducing Petrification to 2 turns sound nice, but honestly if the opponent doesn't have a way to stop the petrification, the only thing you need to do once you hit them is stall out, and that's only helpful if you don't think you can stall for three turns. The 10% fatigue reduction, though, could be rough, especially since the 20% Torso Fatigue from your first use would tank your tracking by a massive 10.
  3. In the Dokkodo Mode Thread, there is the exert: "Samurai and Ronin are capable of using this ability alongside other Modes, gaining it passively.However, they can not gain any speed nor damage increases associated with this unless it is their Mode. " and a lot of my questions come form this.
    1. The "capable of using this ability alongside other Modes" makes me think that, for example, a Ronin could use the Unfettered Mind technique and the Dokkodo Mode technique simultaneously? Is that correct? Obviously that would extend to Samurai and Bushido.
      1. Or, is is saying that Ronin and Samurai can access Dokkodo techniques like normal, even while in another mode?
    2. In that same vein, the State/Mode clarifications actually caused some confusion for me. State/Modes are notated as "States are techniques or abilities that grant an increase in 2 of more fields, such as Speed, Tracking, Strength or Durability. These apply to all of the Canon Modes one can have on their Biography such as Sage Mode, Eight Gates, Curse Mark, etc as well as Custom Clan abilities and Custom Jutsu, such as Nekura Clan's Tranquil Demon, Ion Particle Armor, etc. ", and then we see the following: Mode and State stacking is banned except in the explicit case of Naruto in regards to his Bijuu Modes, Sakura and special bios in regards to Taijutsu damage, and Akimichi in regards to their respective techniques.
      1. Is Ronin/Samurai with Dokkodo one of those "special bios in regards to Taijutsu damage"?
      2. Is Dokkodo *even* a State? It only provides the +30/40 Strength change, as far as I can see, and provides no Speed, Tracking, or Durability changes. In the Dokkodo Mode Thread, it actually also mentions a speed bonus, but there's not one listed in any of the Dokkodo stuff.
  4. Even though the Dokkodo mode makes mention of "both forms of Senkenjutsu", unless the technique specifically calls out which one it has, its assumed to have neither, correct? For example:
    1. Hidden Truths mentions it can carry either form, at the user's choice.
    2. Sword Bullet mentions neither form, so has neither the Petrification or Damage Resistance Reduction.
    3. Fang Point has only the Damage Reduction Resistance corrosion effect.
    4. (No technique currently has ONLY the Petrification effect.)

Expensive to use, but the mode has a potential of a lot of power built into it; it unlocks Dokkodo for normal users, and gives a heafty damage bonus to Samurai and Ronin. Its not with major costs, due to the per turn chakra cost, the 20% fatigue, and the limitation to B rank and below physical attacks for two turns after it times out, but its a *massively powerful* technique, and has a lot of breadth. I think that about covers my questions.

• Wow
Reactions: Ańbu Juniør

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Alright, so my understanding is as follows:

Entering Dokkodo, for normal combatants, is what allows access to all the Dokkodo techniques we've trained in thus far; Samurai and Ronin don't need to activate the Mode to use Dokkodo techniques, save a few (that we have yet to train in) that mention that even they require the mode to access.

In Dokkodo, you have access to two main effects: Petrification and and Damage Resistance Reduction.

Petrification is as it says on the tin: petrification. Striking an enemy with a Dokkodo technique that causes petrification after 3 turns, turning the enemy stone and essentially turning any Dokkodo technique with this into a 1-hit-kill attack (which is important, as for Non-Sam/Ron, they only have a limited number of turns they can sustain Dokkodo). Additionally, unless the enemy has a way to cleanse themselves of Natural Energy, either by their own ability to manipulate Senjutsu, or by receiving outside healing, it also prevents any sort of regeneration, but only until the target is petrified. This is useful against things, like, 10T Madara (on paper) who would have high regeneration.

The second form is Damage Resistance Reduction. It does damage like a normal Kenjutsu technique would, but has the additional effect of reducing the damage reduction an opponent has by half the chakra cost of the Dokkodo technique that hit them; so if the Third Raikage, who has 40 damage resistance, with an A rank technique (30 chakra), it would reduce his damage resistance by 15 (half of 30), to a total of 25. This effect, as far as I can tell, is permanent, unlike the petrification, until the battle ends. So this is a longer-term effect than the petrification, and likely you'd use this first to reduce an opponent's damage resistance so that you could then hit them with a petrifying attack to end the battle.

At the surface, petrification is better against targets who have no damage resistance, as essentially any hit is fatal. Damage Resistance Reduction is useful for enemies that you could not otherwise hurt, largely so that you could then try and petrify them.

Sorry about this, I have a *ton* of questions about this in particular.

1. The Damage Bonus is listed as ( +30/40 to Kenjutsu/Taijutsu ), but I have been lead to believe that Taijutsu boosts *also* affect Kenjutsu, as it is a subfamily. Does that mean it just gives +40 damage flat, to Taijustu and Kenjutsu?
    1. It also has the note: Samurai and Ronin are capable of using Dokkodo techniques without entering the state though if they do, they experience a 10 damage increase compared to shinobi using the mode.
      1. Does this mean that the SamRon's bonus becomes ( +40/50 to Kenjutsu/Taijutsu ), or is it a second, +10 boost, meaning that the Mode counts as your two active boosts?
  2. About the Fatigue effect: 20% Torso Health drawbacks trigger. Each subsequent use adds 10% to the Torso Health drawbacks.
    1. So the first usage cause you to hit 20% Torso Fatigue. Does the second use cause you to:
      1. Take an additional 10%, for a Total of 30% Fatigue (20 +10)
      2. Take an additional 30%, for a total of 50% Fatigue (20 + (20+10))
        1. Depending on how this works I think largely effects the viability of the Nature's Warrior Spec. Reducing Petrification to 2 turns sound nice, but honestly if the opponent doesn't have a way to stop the petrification, the only thing you need to do once you hit them is stall out, and that's only helpful if you don't think you can stall for three turns. The 10% fatigue reduction, though, could be rough, especially since the 20% Torso Fatigue from your first use would tank your tracking by a massive 10.
  3. In the Dokkodo Mode Thread, there is the exert: "Samurai and Ronin are capable of using this ability alongside other Modes, gaining it passively.However, they can not gain any speed nor damage increases associated with this unless it is their Mode. " and a lot of my questions come form this.
    1. The "capable of using this ability alongside other Modes" makes me think that, for example, a Ronin could use the Unfettered Mind technique and the Dokkodo Mode technique simultaneously? Is that correct? Obviously that would extend to Samurai and Bushido.
      1. Or, is is saying that Ronin and Samurai can access Dokkodo techniques like normal, even while in another mode?
    2. In that same vein, the State/Mode clarifications actually caused some confusion for me. State/Modes are notated as "States are techniques or abilities that grant an increase in 2 of more fields, such as Speed, Tracking, Strength or Durability. These apply to all of the Canon Modes one can have on their Biography such as Sage Mode, Eight Gates, Curse Mark, etc as well as Custom Clan abilities and Custom Jutsu, such as Nekura Clan's Tranquil Demon, Ion Particle Armor, etc. ", and then we see the following: Mode and State stacking is banned except in the explicit case of Naruto in regards to his Bijuu Modes, Sakura and special bios in regards to Taijutsu damage, and Akimichi in regards to their respective techniques.
      1. Is Ronin/Samurai with Dokkodo one of those "special bios in regards to Taijutsu damage"?
      2. Is Dokkodo *even* a State? It only provides the +30/40 Strength change, as far as I can see, and provides no Speed, Tracking, or Durability changes. In the Dokkodo Mode Thread, it actually also mentions a speed bonus, but there's not one listed in any of the Dokkodo stuff.
  4. Even though the Dokkodo mode makes mention of "both forms of Senkenjutsu", unless the technique specifically calls out which one it has, its assumed to have neither, correct? For example:
    1. Hidden Truths mentions it can carry either form, at the user's choice.
    2. Sword Bullet mentions neither form, so has neither the Petrification or Damage Resistance Reduction.
    3. Fang Point has only the Damage Reduction Resistance corrosion effect.
    4. (No technique currently has ONLY the Petrification effect.)

Expensive to use, but the mode has a potential of a lot of power built into it; it unlocks Dokkodo for normal users, and gives a heafty damage bonus to Samurai and Ronin. Its not with major costs, due to the per turn chakra cost, the 20% fatigue, and the limitation to B rank and below physical attacks for two turns after it times out, but its a *massively powerful* technique, and has a lot of breadth. I think that about covers my questions.
Correct analysis on the two forms; Petrification is ideal when combatting targets who can heal quickly or have little ways to combat direct damage. Since this won’t always work, notably when targets can shave all the damage to prevent being cut as wounds are required for it to be effective, the second ability works to lower targets damage shaving to allow for the petrification to work. Done right, it’s an effective combo that can cause even the strongest enemies to take damage with the right blow.

1. The 30 damage refers to the standard boost gained to Tai and to Kenjutsu, applying to boost evenly. The +40 refers to when Sam/Ronin enter the mode, the boost being increased by 10 damage as the note mentioned.
2. I’m going to reword that so it sounds better but essentially, it means that when the first usage ends, your health drops a theoretically 20% to trigger the 80% health drawbacks. After the first use, the 20% increases to 30% and then another 10% added on for a total of 40% decrease.
3. The latter; Ronin are capable of using Dokkodo techniques while using other States or Modes, such as Bushido Mode or Unfettered Mind. They don’t gain the Dokkodo boost of course since they aren’t using Dokkodo Mode.
3. 1. Dokkodo should have a speed increase equivalent to Unfettered Mind and Bushido, tripling their speed. I’ll edit that into the Speed Chart. Dokkodo Mode and Unfettered Mind/Bushido cannot be used together and stack on one another.
4. All correct. Unless it’s explicitly stated, no Dokkodo technique carries the Senkenjutsu traits.

Dokkōdō: Gatotsu ) - The Alone Way: Fang Point
Range: Short - Long
Damage: 60 - 80
Description: The user gathers senjutsu around his sword, creating an extended aura around it that glows a cyan color as the scales around the user's arm extends to the blade. This gives it a harsher texture and weighs the blade, augmenting it with a unique effect. Due to the scales and Senjutsu empowering the blade, strikes that land cover a wider surface and applies the corrosive Senjutsu's effects, deteriorating anything it comes into contact with including sealing scripts and anything else that can interact with Senjutsu. This can even allow him to destroy advanced seals like the Flying Thunder God seal, the Shinigami, and others. In addition to this, should foes be struck with it then their damage resistance will drop by 15 or 20, depending on the rank of this technique used. They will also take damage appropriate to the rank used.
Note: Can only be used with Dakkodo active. Ronin and Samurai can only use if they have Dakkodo as their mode.

This technique needs the mode to be active to utilize. After the mode has been used, the scale like chakra covers the blade and augments it. When contact with sealing scripts have been made, you can use this to cut them, effectively ending them. A rank is capable of cutting through basic seals and normal techniques. S rank allows you to target some advanced seals such as the Reaper Death God by cutting through it or it's attempt to tether to you. This allows you to break seals and barriers within reason. I’m sure you have questions about it’s implied uses and it’s potential.

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Correct analysis on the two forms; Petrification is ideal when combatting targets who can heal quickly or have little ways to combat direct damage. Since this won’t always work, notably when targets can shave all the damage to prevent being cut as wounds are required for it to be effective, the second ability works to lower targets damage shaving to allow for the petrification to work. Done right, it’s an effective combo that can cause even the strongest enemies to take damage with the right blow.

1. The 30 damage refers to the standard boost gained to Tai and to Kenjutsu, applying to boost evenly. The +40 refers to when Sam/Ronin enter the mode, the boost being increased by 10 damage as the note mentioned.
2. I’m going to reword that so it sounds better but essentially, it means that when the first usage ends, your health drops a theoretically 20% to trigger the 80% health drawbacks. After the first use, the 20% increases to 30% and then another 10% added on for a total of 40% decrease.
3. The latter; Ronin are capable of using Dokkodo techniques while using other States or Modes, such as Bushido Mode or Unfettered Mind. They don’t gain the Dokkodo boost of course since they aren’t using Dokkodo Mode.
3. 1. Dokkodo should have a speed increase equivalent to Unfettered Mind and Bushido, tripling their speed. I’ll edit that into the Speed Chart. Dokkodo Mode and Unfettered Mind/Bushido cannot be used together and stack on one another.
4. All correct. Unless it’s explicitly stated, no Dokkodo technique carries the Senkenjutsu traits.

Dokkōdō: Gatotsu ) - The Alone Way: Fang Point
Range: Short - Long
Damage: 60 - 80
Description: The user gathers senjutsu around his sword, creating an extended aura around it that glows a cyan color as the scales around the user's arm extends to the blade. This gives it a harsher texture and weighs the blade, augmenting it with a unique effect. Due to the scales and Senjutsu empowering the blade, strikes that land cover a wider surface and applies the corrosive Senjutsu's effects, deteriorating anything it comes into contact with including sealing scripts and anything else that can interact with Senjutsu. This can even allow him to destroy advanced seals like the Flying Thunder God seal, the Shinigami, and others. In addition to this, should foes be struck with it then their damage resistance will drop by 15 or 20, depending on the rank of this technique used. They will also take damage appropriate to the rank used.
Note: Can only be used with Dakkodo active. Ronin and Samurai can only use if they have Dakkodo as their mode.

This technique needs the mode to be active to utilize. After the mode has been used, the scale like chakra covers the blade and augments it. When contact with sealing scripts have been made, you can use this to cut them, effectively ending them. A rank is capable of cutting through basic seals and normal techniques. S rank allows you to target some advanced seals such as the Reaper Death God by cutting through it or it's attempt to tether to you. This allows you to break seals and barriers within reason. I’m sure you have questions about it’s implied uses and it’s potential.
Thank you for all the information! That's very enlightening, and actually clears up a lot of things I would have been tinkering with down the line. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out there, as I had quite a bit I needed cleared up.

Ah, okay, good to know; I actually misinterpreted its usage restriction as not that it needed it active, but that it must be their "mode", so no like...having EIG or something and still using it.

And yeah, this technique is really interesting to me because of potential edge cases, but also a few basic things.

Its range is listed as Short-Long; does it have an accompanying shockwave?

Additionally, what happens if you hit characters like a Jinchurriki with this? Does this instantly KO them, since it could potentially release their beast (going off the assumption that the Seal Minato put on Naruto was particularly powerful, as noted by a few characters)?

Being used on something like FTG would probably break the link to that particular kunai, not the entire network, correct? Though I imagine it would destroy the level 2 transport access.

What would happen if you hit an object that had somethings sealed inside it, like a Kote?
Could this "break" a summon contract by destroying the script? What about Karma (my understanding is that Karma/Curse Marks aren't seals in the sense this is referring to).

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
1. That’s an oversight on my end, definitely should be short range.
2. Well, that depends. You must break the physical seal via this strike so, in the case of Naruto from the series, he has the seal on his stomach. You’d have to use this technique explicitly on the seal’s location to cause it. However, due to the complexity involved with Bijuu and their seals as well as to continue to keep Advanced Fuuin useful, I’m going to make a few edits so that destroying Jinchuriki seals would be an F rank usage and would probably forcibly release it, albeit for a shorter period of time, though I’d allow the member to remain in control. The duration could be justified by having the seal be ripped instead of outright removed/erased so some level of control is retained, though this is for balancing. Can’t allow it to be too strong at it’s ranks without placing further limitations.
3. Correct, you could destroy a link to a specific FTG seal which would leave it useless.
4. Karma isn’t a Fuuin jutsu seal and also can’t interact with Senjutsu in the way the technique suggests; Since it’s the organic dna spreading through a target, this wouldn’t be able to cut through it. I think CM as well, though even if theoretically possible, I’d limit it for RP purposes.

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. That’s an oversight on my end, definitely should be short range.
2. Well, that depends. You must break the physical seal via this strike so, in the case of Naruto from the series, he has the seal on his stomach. You’d have to use this technique explicitly on the seal’s location to cause it. However, due to the complexity involved with Bijuu and their seals as well as to continue to keep Advanced Fuuin useful, I’m going to make a few edits so that destroying Jinchuriki seals would be an F rank usage and would probably forcibly release it, albeit for a shorter period of time, though I’d allow the member to remain in control. The duration could be justified by having the seal be ripped instead of outright removed/erased so some level of control is retained, though this is for balancing. Can’t allow it to be too strong at it’s ranks without placing further limitations.
3. Correct, you could destroy a link to a specific FTG seal which would leave it useless.
4. Karma isn’t a Fuuin jutsu seal and also can’t interact with Senjutsu in the way the technique suggests; Since it’s the organic dna spreading through a target, this wouldn’t be able to cut through it. I think CM as well, though even if theoretically possible, I’d limit it for RP purposes.
All reasonable, and about how I thought it would function. Seems to be a case of "whats the most reasonable thing to expect, from a balance perspective", which I'm cool with.

I think the only two left are Flicker Evasion and Blinding Blade, and to be honest the only question I have is if Flicker Evasion is limited per fight like it used to be, or if it is essentially replaced in use by the Freeform Dodge mechanic.

Blinding Blade I have no questions at all about, personally. It requires the mode actually be active to use, like Fang Point, and works like a combination of my old Third Prayer and IOSS, so I'd be comfortable in the implimentation of its uses.

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Flicker Evasion may be removed due to the dodge rules allowing it to be done without needing a tech, though the tech still has it’s place so maybe not. And with that, we are done! I consider the last two taught as they are basic af and don’t require deep explanation or questioning. Have fun with both fields!

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Flicker Evasion may be removed due to the dodge rules allowing it to be done without needing a tech, though the tech still has it’s place so maybe not. And with that, we are done! I consider the last two taught as they are basic af and don’t require deep explanation or questioning. Have fun with both fields!
So my recent foray into endgame PVP left me with quite a few questions, revealing that I did not quite understand everything as well as I thought I would. I'll try to link what I consider relevant passages when I can, but otherwise will just try and explain my confusion.

Regarding Unfettered Mind and The Alone Way (State).

I am fairly confident that Unfettered Mind functions as a chakra surge (Genjutsu link for discussion), but Dokkodo specifically had me curious. Is Dokkodo a foreign chakra injection in the same manner Sage Mode is? Dokkodo's thread mentions its similarities to Sage Mode, and the fact that the user gather's natural energy, but it also specifies that it does not grant an additional pool of chakra.

If it is a foreign chakra injection, is it also a chakra surge? (Somewhat related, but are "chakra surges" and such for the purposes of breaking Genjutsu affected by S&W?)

Further, since Dokkodo is a constant flow of chakra (represented bu the per turn chakra cost), does it constantly count as a Foreign Chakra Injection (per above), after the initial cast?

Blinding Light

I did not understand Blinding Light nearly as well as I thought I did.

It's range is short, but the blinding effect says it spreads across the field. Am I to assume that the Blind is "rangeless" or covers the whole range? Additionally, what about the box it constructs? I also am under the assumption that the box only emanates outwards from the user at Short Range, and prevents opponents from leaving it without the use of something like a S/T technique.

Further, in my GRPT fight against Mirai, he used a technique to seal Blinding Light. I'm basing this off of Naruto vs Delta, and the Rasengan and Absorption Eye interaction, but since Blinding Light is what I would call a channeled technique (you pay to keep it up every turn, rather than paying once and it persisting), would I be able to re-up its effects like I tried to do, or is that not a valid interaction of how those technique's work?

On the extent of Ronin Spiritual Kenjutsu

I'm delving into this field pretty hard, and its unique abilities so far is giving me a lot of thought. My Omoikane and Fukurokuju I think are good examples of how I've been trying to extrapolate on this field. My question is, when do these spiritual effects stop being Ronin Spiritual Kenjutsu, and become Ninjutsu or even Yin techniques.

Example: Since Ronin can't use Kai, I was considering a move that if I was caught in a Genjutsu, I could use the fact that Ginjutsu is Yin (or, at least Yin/Spiritual Adjacent) to manifest a Spiritual Blade and cut at the actual technique itself, destroying it on damage/chakra interactions or using that connection established by the opponent to assault their spirit to make the end the Genjutsu themselves.

I have a lot of ideas, and I'm fairly certain you can't give me an answer here due to the complexity of it, but thought I should ask before I try trial and error.

On Kuebiko

Very niche situation, but Kuebiko eminates out a 5m aura (radius, or diameter?) when used either alone or alongside a Ronin technique. Could you "infuse" Kuebiko into the Unfettered Mind to make a sort of aura to cause its effects to anyone around the user?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Unfettered Mind/Alone Way:
1. Yes, it is considered foreign chakra; because you’re channeling natural energy into the body, it counts as foreign chakra entering the body.
2. One thing to keep in mind that chakra surges are classified by their ability to surge chakra through the entirety of the body at once; Dokkodo doesn’t fit this because the chakra is channeled and focused only in the upper body and arms specifically.
3. No; while you spend chakra per turn, you are not drawing additional natural energy into your body. The chakra cost per turn is maintaining the energy you have channeled. No natural energy mode operates with one usage constantly repelling Genjutsu.

Blinding Lights

1. Yes, the blinding effect spreads across the entire field.
2. Correct again; this box only covers short range.
3. Incorrect; you couldn’t use this strat to accurately battle. You wouldn’t be able to continuously channel chakra to keep the technique sustained if it was sealed.

Ronin Spiritual Ninjutsu

1. This one is a bit more nuanced because of the nature of the question. The easiest way to break it down is remembering that it always has to come back to being Kenjutsu based, meaning regardless of what’s done, it needs to be accomplishable via a sword. With Yin, you are able to enhance your Kenjutsu and sword based attacks that target spirits. This doesn’t mean you gain the ability to do things, for example, like creating Tayuya’s Doki which are a spiritual ability or things like Phantom Dragons which create entities to use. You can, however, create spiritual tethers through your Kenjutsu projectiles or focus on the aspects of Yin that allow you to alter the properties of things and create volatile attacks or augment your Ronin Ken’s effects by mixing a tether to them to further limit them.

Kuebiko

1. No, Kuebiko cannot be combined with Unfettered Mind like such.

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Yes, it is considered foreign chakra; because you’re channeling natural energy into the body, it counts as foreign chakra entering the body.
2. One thing to keep in mind that chakra surges are classified by their ability to surge chakra through the entirety of the body at once; Dokkodo doesn’t fit this because the chakra is channeled and focused only in the upper body and arms specifically.
3. No; while you spend chakra per turn, you are not drawing additional natural energy into your body. The chakra cost per turn is maintaining the energy you have channeled. No natural energy mode operates with one usage constantly repelling Genjutsu.

Blinding Lights

3. Incorrect; you couldn’t use this strat to accurately battle. You wouldn’t be able to continuously channel chakra to keep the technique sustained if it was sealed.

Ronin Spiritual Ninjutsu

1. This one is a bit more nuanced because of the nature of the question. The easiest way to break it down is remembering that it always has to come back to being Kenjutsu based, meaning regardless of what’s done, it needs to be accomplishable via a sword. With Yin, you are able to enhance your Kenjutsu and sword based attacks that target spirits. This doesn’t mean you gain the ability to do things, for example, like creating Tayuya’s Doki which are a spiritual ability or things like Phantom Dragons which create entities to use. You can, however, create spiritual tethers through your Kenjutsu projectiles or focus on the aspects of Yin that allow you to alter the properties of things and create volatile attacks or augment your Ronin Ken’s effects by mixing a tether to them to further limit them.

Kuebiko

Thank you very much. This answers all the other questions I had arise. :)

Kin
1,902💸
Kumi
15,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Blinding Lights

Ronin Spiritual Ninjutsu

Kuebiko

More on Kuebiko, as its concepts seem to keep causing me trouble.

( Kuebiko ) - Kuebiko
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: 60 ( -20 per turn )
Description: A restricted skill among the Ronin, Kuebiko invokes the skill of Spirit Mimicry in battle, allowing the user to link their spiritual energy with that of the targets. Initiated alongside another Ronin Kenjutsu technique, this technique creates a 5 meter wave of chakra that accompanies a technique, neither debuffing nor augmenting its power. Instead, this wave of chakra is intended to contact an enemy source of chakra to establish a spiritual link. Once done, this causes a mixing of spiritual energy that allows the user to access it, drawing from the enemy. This allows the user the ability to utilize Ronin Kenjutsu and Techniques with half of the chakra being fueled by the opponent's chakra and not solely his own. This mixture of both allows it to bypass opponent defenses, dealing direct damage to their spirit despite durability levels. Because of the associated cost, the user loses 20 chakra and 10 health each turn this is active, being able to end this voluntarily. This chakra and health loss cannot be mitigated, applying after healing abilities at the end of each turn.
Note: Can only be used by Rōnin biographies and only once per battle.
Note: Can be used as a standalone technique or alongside another Ronin technique, occurring in the same timeframe in the case of the latter.
So, a few things.

• What is Spiritual Mimicry, and what does this effect entail (i.e. what is unique about it, what are it's limitations)? I feel like I've been potentially misusing this moniker, like with my other customs inspired by it.
  • Is Kuebiko considered a tether?
    • If so, how are tethers handled? Are they purged with surges like Genjutsu? Do most Genjutsu release methods work on them? If so, does it scale off of chakra, or some other system?
  • How "fast" is this effect? Say you use a Fireball technique and I cast this alongside a stronger Ronin Spiritual Blade technique. When they meet are you tethered instantly (like Genjutsu), or is there "further" travel time attributed to this, allowing someone to stop the propagating effect?
    • Further, when does the technique "take effect"? I've been lead to believe that tethering effects don't actually "affect" the enemy at the moment of tethering, but only at the end of their turn, if they fail to purge it. Does this mean that if I "tethered" someone with Kuebiko with my first move of my turn and followed up with a Ronin Spiritual Blade technique after, that the opponent could:
      • Be hit by the Ronin Spiritual Blade Technique, and maintain their spiritual damage resistance against the technique.
      • Break Kuebiko's link.
    • ...and thus I never get to benefit from the effects of Kuebiko?