Trait Points
0⚔️
It would be C.

( Fudōchi Shinmyōroku ) – The Unfettered Mind
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 40 ( -10 per turn )
Damage: N/A ( +40 to Rōnin Kenjutsu )
Description: Considered by many to be the Rōnin’s ultimate technique, as well as their answer to the Samurai’s Bushidō. The Rōnin will release infuse their body and armor with their spiritual energy, granting them augmented abilities; it appears as an aura of purple energy. This infusion reduces the damage of all spiritual based attacks by 50. While active, the fortified spiritual energy prevents the Rōnin from falling under the influence of illusionary techniques, barring those augmented with Yin Release or cast by the Mangekyou Sharingan. The Rōnin’s Spiritual Kenjutsu are enhanced by 40 additional damage, and they become able to move three times faster than their base speed. Upon ending the Rōnin is unable to utilize Iaido, as well as use Spiritual Kenjutsu higher than A-Rank for a single turn. This technique lasts for 6 turns and can be used three times.
Note: Can only be used by Rōnin biographies.

Now, the creme de la creme of Ronin techs. This one visually grants you a purple chakra shroud and strengthens your spiritual connection and resistance. Any non MS level Genjutsu will not work, barring Yin Enhanced Genjutsu. The last part is important because this refers to normal Genjutsu enhanced by Yin techs. Additionally, your Ronin Techniques are likewise enhanced by 40 damage and your speed increases by 3x.

( Fudōchi Shinmyōroku: Taiaki ) – The Unfettered Mind: Annals of the Sword Taia
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: 60 ( -20 per turn )
Damage: 120
Description: The user will draw their sword while Fudōchi Shinmyōroku is active. Based on the Rōnin’s Dangerous Strike, the Annals of the Sword Taia forms a complete spiritual ethereal warrior around the user’s body, resembling their own form. This technique is much like Susano’o though with much smaller stature; the body of Taia is the expression of the ultimate spirit, capable of passing through physical targets that would otherwise obstruct a blade and directly strike at the spiritual energy of a technique or target to inflict its damage. In a sense, this technique is simply an extension of the aura formed during the Unfettered Mind. Taia lasts for the remainder of the duration of the Unfettered Mind, though while it is active the user is only able to perform Rōnin Kenjutsu and regular Kenjutsu through their ethereal guardian. The guardian’s damage, while immense, comes at the cost of a move. Usable twice and lasts as long as the remaining time on Unfettered Mind; once this technique expires the user will be unable to use techniques above A-Rank for a single turn.
Note: Can only be used by Rōnin biographies.
Note: Requires the user to have first used The Unfettered Mind.

This one is great imo; Drackos created it and it essentially functions as an extension of the Dangerous Strike. Creating a chakra warrior around you, this allows you to strike through techniques much like Dangerous Strike but with much more damage and versatility imo. Can you name the advantages this has over the normal technique?
Okay, thanks for clarifying!

As far as Unfettered Mind goes, thanks for the forewarning. I wouldn’t not have anticipated that as regular Genjutsu that were enhanced with Yin.

Otherwise I think it’s an amazing technique. +40 to Ronin Kenjutsu, widespread Genjutsu immunity, 50 points of spiritual resistance , and the x3 speed. This gives Ronin a lot of what it wanted, and is a great overall technique.

One question about this, and I suppose modes/states in general. Can this be used before it ends to extend the duration? Or does it have to lapse and go into cooldown before it can be used again?

I LOVE this technique. So compared to Dangerous Strike this technique has much more damage and range (having a minimum 160 damage due to the +40 from Unfettered Mind!). Additionally, it can be “used” much more since you can just use a moveslot while it’s active for the effect.

And of course, this technique gets crazy synergy with Kuebiko due to its sustained nature and incredible range.

I do have a few questions about it though.

Taia lasts for the remainder of the duration of the Unfettered Mind, though while it is active the user is only able to perform Rōnin Kenjutsu and regular Kenjutsu through their ethereal guardian.
Does this mean the user can ONLY use Ronin and Regular Kenjutsu while Taia is active (so, for example, the user couldn’t use Taijutsu or Dokkodo), or that if they use Ronin or Regular Kenjutsu, Taia must use it in their place?

And, it doesn’t mention it, but since it’s based off of Dangerous Strike, does it have the same ability to clash versus chakra if it wants to, or is this one JUST damage?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
3,170💸
Kumi
105,310💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Question 1. Can't be looped to extend its use, gotta hit cooldown first.

Question 2: The former, Tai related fields can only be used when active.

Question 3: Just damage. It may be altered later to buff but for balance rn, just damage.

I believe that's the last one so now, on to Dokkodo! I'll explain it briefly then we can jump into the techs.

Dokkodo is Natural Energy Kenjutsu, to sum it down to the barest description. By training to channel Natural Energy into yourself, one can augment their Kenjutsu by giving it petrification-based properties. This extends to Jutsu or opponents, shattering thr former while preventing movement of the latter. An exclusive perk of this is that it allows Samurai and Ronin to utilize this ability without the need for activating the actual mode, though should the mode be entered then higher perks are obtained.

Since the first tech is merely a movement tech, I'll skip over teaching it and go to the more important ones.

( Dokkōdō: Kakusu Shinjitsu ) - The Alone Way: Hidden Truths
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 20 - 40
Damage: 40 - 80
Description: This technique is comparable to the Samurai Saber Technique in both its concept and execution. By channeling Senjutsu into the blade, the user becomes capable of creating crescents of natural energy sharpened to slice through metal and bone effortlessly. These crescents are capable of combating equal ranked Elemental Ninjutsu. Unlike Samurai Saber Technique, however, these cannot create chakra weapons to attack with, instead just creating slashes and strikes following the user's strike motion. They crescents can carry the effects of either form of Senkenjutsu.

( Dokkōdō: Kendangan ) - The Alone Way: Sword Bullet
Description: The user channels Senjutsu chakra to his sword, focusing it into the hilt of the weapon. With this chakra coalescing to form a Senjutsu chakra replica of the hilt, the user causes it to fire off at the target quickly. This was created to disarm opponents by targeting their hands and wrists to strike quickly and cause them to lose grip of their weapon. If successful, this causes the opponent to be unable to utilize their hands for two turns. The user can substitute the chakra hilt for a replica of their sword for higher damage, disabling the use of the targetted limb for twice as long as well.
Note: Can only be used with Dokkodo active. Ronin and Samurai are capable of utilizing outside of the mode.
Note: Sword Replica is an S rank ability and creates up to 5 replicas to send at targets. Can only be done 3 times in total.

Both very simple techniques, one with more usability than the other. The second technique is designed to allow you to quickly disarm a foe and even prevent Hand seals from being used for a few turns. It can be compared to Iaido, however it does not have the same speed and moves at normal Jutsu speeds.

The first is directly comparable to Samurai Saber and as such, I don't think I'll have to touch much on it with you specifically. The main difference to note is this creates just slashes and not constructs.

Questions on either?

Reactions: Keotsu
Kin
869💸
Kumi
1,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Question 1. Can't be looped to extend its use, gotta hit cooldown first.

Question 2: The former, Tai related fields can only be used when active.

Question 3: Just damage. It may be altered later to buff but for balance rn, just damage.

I believe that's the last one so now, on to Dokkodo! I'll explain it briefly then we can jump into the techs.

Dokkodo is Natural Energy Kenjutsu, to sum it down to the barest description. By training to channel Natural Energy into yourself, one can augment their Kenjutsu by giving it petrification-based properties. This extends to Jutsu or opponents, shattering thr former while preventing movement of the latter. An exclusive perk of this is that it allows Samurai and Ronin to utilize this ability without the need for activating the actual mode, though should the mode be entered then higher perks are obtained.

Since the first tech is merely a movement tech, I'll skip over teaching it and go to the more important ones.

( Dokkōdō: Kakusu Shinjitsu ) - The Alone Way: Hidden Truths
Description: This technique is comparable to the Samurai Saber Technique in both its concept and execution. By channeling Senjutsu into the blade, the user becomes capable of creating crescents of natural energy sharpened to slice through metal and bone effortlessly. These crescents are capable of combating equal ranked Elemental Ninjutsu. Unlike Samurai Saber Technique, however, these cannot create chakra weapons to attack with, instead just creating slashes and strikes following the user's strike motion. They crescents can carry the effects of either form of Senkenjutsu.

( Dokkōdō: Kendangan ) - The Alone Way: Sword Bullet
Description: The user channels Senjutsu chakra to his sword, focusing it into the hilt of the weapon. With this chakra coalescing to form a Senjutsu chakra replica of the hilt, the user causes it to fire off at the target quickly. This was created to disarm opponents by targeting their hands and wrists to strike quickly and cause them to lose grip of their weapon. If successful, this causes the opponent to be unable to utilize their hands for two turns. The user can substitute the chakra hilt for a replica of their sword for higher damage, disabling the use of the targetted limb for twice as long as well.
Note: Can only be used with Dokkodo active. Ronin and Samurai are capable of utilizing outside of the mode.
Note: Sword Replica is an S rank ability and creates up to 5 replicas to send at targets. Can only be done 3 times in total.

Both very simple techniques, one with more usability than the other. The second technique is designed to allow you to quickly disarm a foe and even prevent Hand seals from being used for a few turns. It can be compared to Iaido, however it does not have the same speed and moves at normal Jutsu speeds.

The first is directly comparable to Samurai Saber and as such, I don't think I'll have to touch much on it with you specifically. The main difference to note is this creates just slashes and not constructs.

Questions on either?
Awesome, clear enough for those questions.

As far as Hidden Truths is concerned, nah, no questions; like you mentioned, its almost a 1:1 with SSS minus the construct portion (which most people don't utilize anyway).

Sword Bullet is an interesting one, with some VERY potent effects, but thankfully is simple enough that I don't have any questions about these guys in particular, other than:

How does damage division work currently? If I make 5 Swords with the S rank version is that 16 damage per sword, or just "all five swords do 80 damage" and sufficiently blocking it (say, with Raikiri, which is also 80 damage) would be fine?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
3,170💸
Kumi
105,310💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awesome, clear enough for those questions.

As far as Hidden Truths is concerned, nah, no questions; like you mentioned, its almost a 1:1 with SSS minus the construct portion (which most people don't utilize anyway).

Sword Bullet is an interesting one, with some VERY potent effects, but thankfully is simple enough that I don't have any questions about these guys in particular, other than:

How does damage division work currently? If I make 5 Swords with the S rank version is that 16 damage per sword, or just "all five swords do 80 damage" and sufficiently blocking it (say, with Raikiri, which is also 80 damage) would be fine?
The former; it'll be divided in terms of damage and I'd argue if more than 3 hit a limb, that limb is disabled as the tech explains.

( Dokkōdō: Shiraha Nagashi ) - The Alone Way: White Blade Flow
Type: Defensive
Chakra: 30 - 40
Damage: N/A
Description: After entering Dakkodo, the user aims at incoming targets and slashes at the target with a Senjutsu enhanced melee attack. When the sword makes contact with the target, the released chakra quickly corrodes through the obstacle, weakening by exposing the obstacle's "shatter point". This is a point on the technique that the Senjutsu compromises, causing it to shatter in a glow of white glass-like shards, lending to the technique's name. It is capable of destroying solids and liquids of equal chakra or lower while dispersing energy as well.
Note: Can only be used with Dakkodo active. Ronin and Samurai are capable of utilizing outside of the mode.

This is one of my favorite techniques, pretty simple to use and set up. In your case, you can use it without the mode or with. Once the sword has channeled natural energy around it, you attack a target and release the corrosive chakra through the object to weaken it and cause it to shatter. Any questions?

Reactions: Keotsu
Kin
869💸
Kumi
1,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The former; it'll be divided in terms of damage and I'd argue if more than 3 hit a limb, that limb is disabled as the tech explains.

( Dokkōdō: Shiraha Nagashi ) - The Alone Way: White Blade Flow
Type: Defensive
Chakra: 30 - 40
Damage: N/A
Description: After entering Dakkodo, the user aims at incoming targets and slashes at the target with a Senjutsu enhanced melee attack. When the sword makes contact with the target, the released chakra quickly corrodes through the obstacle, weakening by exposing the obstacle's "shatter point". This is a point on the technique that the Senjutsu compromises, causing it to shatter in a glow of white glass-like shards, lending to the technique's name. It is capable of destroying solids and liquids of equal chakra or lower while dispersing energy as well.
Note: Can only be used with Dakkodo active. Ronin and Samurai are capable of utilizing outside of the mode.

This is one of my favorite techniques, pretty simple to use and set up. In your case, you can use it without the mode or with. Once the sword has channeled natural energy around it, you attack a target and release the corrosive chakra through the object to weaken it and cause it to shatter. Any questions?
Ah, noted. So it can be made powerful, or split up to make it harder to block.

I love this, and this is the reason I actually wanted to resume training; I have a few ideas for a group of techniques based around this. And nope, no questions! Honestly, this is like a better version of my prayers on my main account, haha.