Reverse checkmate?!

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the recent chapters we have come across a serious predicament.

You must be registered for see images

Who is this mysterious character? Is he a friend or a foe?

Lets start with the mysterious guy approaching Sasuke....

There arises a question whether he is a friend or foe? Now Sasuke is already on the verge of death. At this point I hardly think that any fiend is approaching him. I mean whats the point in killing the person who is already at the brink of death. So I believe he is a FRIEND.

As the manga is already at the climax, I doubt Kishi will introduce a new character at this point. Then who he can be?

Now many suspect that he is Kabuto. But I doubt it. Come on, I mean at least Orochimaru would have recognized him.

So here comes one radical proposal.. Guys check it out and decide for yourselves!

Let us embark on a journey a few chapters back.

Its the time Obito guarded himself from the explosions by covering his whole body. I think at that time Obito created another version of him (not a clone),giving him some of his newfound powers and entrusted him with his Kamui (like Itachi implanted Amaterasu) as he could not use it while he was the Juubi's Jinchuriki. It can be, in a sense, compared similar to Black Zetsu created by Madara. I mean he was still there even after Madara died.

What has made Karin, a very skilled Uzumaki, this much worried? There was a time when Sasuke was battling a rejuvenated Madara. Even at that moment of crisis Karin did not seem so worried. There was already Madara as the Jinchuriki. Now it appears that the one who has approached Sasuke must be close to Madara's level (if not more).

Anybody could tell from a glance that during the battle arc Obito was holding back the whole time, he was not even using his Rinnegan. It seemed as if he was preparing for something really really big. What if it was all part of his plan?

The most important aspect of this manga is Obito's ideology. What is he trying to accomplish? Here's a link to one of my earlier theories where I discussed Obito's ideology.

I believe that Obito truly wanted true peace from the very beginning. In this world people are driven by self interests. The world did not yet deserve true peace because it would be a very fragile one considering the very nature of the shinobi world. The first and foremost prerequisite for this to happen is the emergence of an overwhelming force, so that the mere existence of the whole world may come to question. Obito played the role of this overwhelming force. Obito was not manipulated by hatred but manipulated hatred itself. He could do this because he was pure. Since he could not be evil himself someone has to fill in that evil's role. Here comes Madara. After Obito became the Jinchuriki he could have easily killed Madara. But it seems that Madara too was necessary to move things more fast because Madara truly desires world domination. The world looks upon Naruto as it's savior, and so does Obito. In his quest in achieving true peace Obito is constantly judging and reaffirming Naruto and his ideals if he is worthy for the role or not.

Now here comes the question why the second Obito was needed. I believe it was created to keep an eye on Madara. It was to ensure that Madara never went overboard. Otherwise there's not much of a chance for the world to survive. Things weren't meant to be too easy. The world should be pushed to its limits, with its lights of hope flickering out. Now to ensure the safety of the heroes (Naruto and Sasuke), pillars of hope for this world, he has to reveal himself before them.

As it seems the real Obito, who was lying there on the ground is simply a decoy. It was to keep Madara ignorant of his original plan. After helping Sasuke he would appear beside Kakashi and Minato. And in the meantime the original Obito seems to have got a power up from black Kyuubi. It would be a pincer attack. I believe Obito would return the Kyuubi to Naruto. Obito's own existence doesn't matter to himself. Naruto's safety is important. It must be clear to all that Kishi will try to focus on Obito's words on Kakashi,"My combination with him is better". So somehow the KAMUI of Obito has to be returned. And in this context the theory fits.

Obito might say,"I have played the role of a villain the world desired for." As I have stated earlier, why did he not finish Madara while he was still a Jinchuriki. Instead it seems that he gave him a chance to try out his schemes, even when he knew Madara would backstab him at the slightest given oppurtunity. But Obito is no fool. It was all a part of a calculated risk. Instead even Madara didn't realize that he has become a pawn for Obito's plan. No one would be more suitable as a villain than Madara.

So basically it's a REVERSE CHECKMATE!

P.S. It seems that this thread has arisen some interesting questions. Now it's time to deal with them.

Some are asking why Tobirama didn't recognize him...

Look at this panel.. It can also be interpreted as if Tobirama is astonished to see him..

Obito is now in near death condition. Just who is he??

And as for the sensor ninjas... They can't sense natural energy, can they? Only Naruto Hashirama and perhaps Juugo do.. I have already said that Obito would entrust him with his Kamui.. So the other one would just wait for the opportune moment in the other dimension ..

Last edited:

Kronnic

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very nice Theory man.. Now that you said that, if you look at the head and horns on the Obito and look carefully at the head of the mystery person you will see the same distinct shape of the horns.. One long and one short..Look at it carefully. I might be seeing things because I'm high as hell but just look. + Rep...

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice thread but I doubt it was Obito... why would Obito create a clone to make an alter ego of himself since he was confident in his Juubi powers? I mean Obito never imagined to lose to Naruto...

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I personally think it might be Obito too. I don't know if it's as complex as you explained it but Obito is one of the few people who can do something right now and the one attached to Zetsu looks vacant and might not even be there.

I like this twist, because I have genuinely no idea who it is and I can barely guess.