[Theory] Remember when Sasuke copied Lee's taijutsu... Kakashi...

poopieface

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Incorrect. Sasuke still had his PS formed after Kakashi got his double MS.

See I'm not sure how true that is. Is a key to performing a jutsu simply hand seals? I think not.

It's been shown mulitple times that the same hand seal being used for multiple jutsu. We also have evidence of the same jutsu that takes one ninja many seals to perform, another ninja can do it with just one (tobirama). There is also the factor of elemental manipulation which doesn't seem to require seals at all, but Sasuke was able to copy lightning manipulation from Kakashi. We also know that weaker sharingan's read movement but as they get stronger the eye can see chakra itself. Ultimately all hand seals do is control the movement of chakra in the body.

So if the sharingan was able to see how this chakra moves in the body, why wouldn't the user be able to simply mimic that? Given they had to appropriate prerequisites for using the jutsu and a high enough skill level.
I see your point, but if you think about it, Susanoo itself is simply pure chakra. It doesn't take a sharingan to see that it's materialized chakra with form. I can accept get that Kakashi has a clear idea of what the susanoo is, but it just shouldn't be that easy to copy. There is clearly a deep connection with the user's emotions, as we saw with Sasuke:

Everytime he developed new parts to his susanoo, he was undergoing extreme emotional turmoil. Such is the nature of the Sharingan, as we know. So it can be inferred that unlocking new Mangekyo abilities is parallel to every new step in a sharingan's development, i.e., it requires deep super saiyan emotion blah blah. What Kishi did here, essentially, was to have Kakashi go through ONE deep emotion (losing Obito--again) and skip several stages of the eyes' development. Not even Madara had wings, ffs. He surpassed Madara and Itachi in one fell swoop of Kishi's pen.

We can argue about this forever and we can try to justify this as much as we can, but just the fact that it requires so much justification is a major pointer to an oversight by Kishi.

Nonetheless, I was actually very happy to see Kakashi being relevant again. Seeing his eyes open like that was a huge fan service to my geek boner. I knew Kishi wouldn't nerf him like that, he was always one of the most popular characters. I just thought that Obito would have given his eyes to him before dying; it would have made more sense. And then I thought he'd have a shitty baby Susanoo that got progressively stronger throughout the battle.

poopieface

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also, if Susanoo was just a matter of having seen it and having 2 mangekyos, Sasuke should have been able to achieve a full Itachi-level susanoo right off the bat as soon as got MS, which he didn't.

Draxus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see your point, but if you think about it, Susanoo itself is simply pure chakra. It doesn't take a sharingan to see that it's materialized chakra with form. I can accept get that Kakashi has a clear idea of what the susanoo is, but it just shouldn't be that easy to copy. There is clearly a deep connection with the user's emotions, as we saw with Sasuke:

Everytime he developed new parts to his susanoo, he was undergoing extreme emotional turmoil. Such is the nature of the Sharingan, as we know. So it can be inferred that unlocking new Mangekyo abilities is parallel to every new step in a sharingan's development, i.e., it requires deep super saiyan emotion blah blah. What Kishi did here, essentially, was to have Kakashi go through ONE deep emotion (losing Obito--again) and skip several stages of the eyes' development. Not even Madara had wings, ffs. He surpassed Madara and Itachi in one fell swoop of Kishi's pen.

We can argue about this forever and we can try to justify this as much as we can, but just the fact that it requires so much justification is a major pointer to an oversight by Kishi.

Nonetheless, I was actually very happy to see Kakashi being relevant again. Seeing his eyes open like that was a huge fan service to my geek boner. I knew Kishi wouldn't nerf him like that, he was always one of the most popular characters. I just thought that Obito would have given his eyes to him before dying; it would have made more sense. And then I thought he'd have a shitty baby Susanoo that got progressively stronger throughout the battle.
Also, if Susanoo was just a matter of having seen it and having 2 mangekyos, Sasuke should have been able to achieve a full Itachi-level susanoo right off the bat as soon as got MS, which he didn't.
What I mean is how the charka flows through the body in order to create Susano'o is what is analyzed and mimicked.

As far Sasuke's progression there is one simple reason I can see and that's Sasuke is immature. Kakashi has been to depths of despair and back, so his control over his emotions is superior. I don't think losing Obito was his inspiration but his desire to uphold the principles young Obito stood for and protect his pupils. He also has the experience with both controlling and analyzing chakra that Sasuke doesn't. This also why Sasuke couldn't get Itachi-level right off, but it certainly didn't take him very long. Like what... 3rd use?

I think we can agree it's up for interpretation. Hopefully we might get a clue next chapter, but unfortunately will be another 2 weeks.