Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
3T Madara, Itachi (healthy), Minato, Ay, Tobirama, MS Obito, Kakashi, Gai, Bee, SM Naruto (war arc), DSM Kabuto and 3rd Raikage

Rank these ninja in order; from best to worst reaction time.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gai
Tobirama
Ay
DSM Kabuto
Minato (base)
3-T Madara
Itachi
3rd Raikage
Killer B
SM Naruto
Kakashi/Obito
Obito/Kakashi

Last edited:

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good list.

Why do you believe DSM Kabuto's reactions are > Minato's? And you forgot Bee btw.
Lmfao, I'll add B, as for Minato. Early EMS Sasuke can react just as fast as KCM Naruto, who isn't too far from Minato's reaction speed considering their feats against Ay, and Kabuto>Sasuke in reaction speed due to Sage Mode. Though now that I think about it, Ay was between 5-10, probably around 7 or 8, meters away from Minato when he attacked while Ay was farther away than that when he attacked Naruto, he also said Naruto is coming. So Minato has the edge when it comes to reaction speed, combine that with the fact that Naruto reacted to Ay when Ay's fist was farther away from his face than it was for Minato and Minato should still have the edge, but not by too much. Kabuto's feats against Sasuke and Itachi put him comfortably above Sasuke and anyone in his league.

KCN

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lmfao, I'll add B, as for Minato. Early EMS Sasuke can react just as fast as KCM Naruto, who isn't too far from Minato's reaction speed considering their feats against Ay, and Kabuto>Sasuke in reaction speed due to Sage Mode. Though now that I think about it, Ay was between 5-10, probably around 7 or 8, meters away from Minato when he attacked while Ay was farther away than that when he attacked Naruto, he also said Naruto is coming. So Minato has the edge when it comes to reaction speed, combine that with the fact that Naruto reacted to Ay when Ay's fist was farther away from his face than it was for Minato and Minato should still have the edge, but not by too much. Kabuto's feats against Sasuke and Itachi put him comfortably above Sasuke and anyone in his league.
But was Kabuto's reaction speed properly gauged in that fight? I can see where your comparison comes from, but from what I recall Kabuto's best reaction feat is dodging Susano'o arrow. An impressive reaction, but Kakashi also reacted to it, as did Danzo. EMS (early) Sasuke's reaction feats are more or less = to KCM Naruto as seen during their combined efforts during the war, true, but I feel as if there are a lot of variables that gave Kabuto the advantage against the brothers, not just having superior reactions. Moves such as white rage and the flute genjutsu can't actually be reacted to as they're sound, as well as the Uchiha brothers not actually having an attack which is overwhelmingly fast (Amaterasu is, but oddly enough it wasn't directly used at Kabuto) in order to properly measure his reaction speed. Not to mention Itachi's crow clone + Shunshin was able to partially remove Kabuto's horn, despite his efforts in dodging. I believe Minato reacting to V2 Ay from 5 or so meters (including a physical reaction) is more impressive. That Kabuto fight is really a blur to me, so tell me if I'm wrong.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But was Kabuto's reaction speed properly gauged in that fight? I can see where your comparison comes from, but from what I recall Kabuto's best reaction feat is dodging Susano'o arrow. An impressive reaction, but Kakashi also reacted to it, as did Danzo. EMS (early) Sasuke's reaction feats are more or less = to KCM Naruto as seen during their combined efforts during the war, true, but I feel as if there are a lot of variables that gave Kabuto the advantage against the brothers, not just having superior reactions. Moves such as white rage and the flute genjutsu can't actually be reacted to as they're sound, as well as the Uchiha brothers not actually having an attack which is overwhelmingly fast (Amaterasu is, but oddly enough it wasn't directly used at Kabuto) in order to properly measure his reaction speed. Not to mention Itachi's crow clone + Shunshin was able to partially remove Kabuto's horn, despite his efforts in dodging. I believe Minato reacting to V2 Ay from 5 or so meters (including a physical reaction) is more impressive. That Kabuto fight is really a blur to me, so tell me if I'm wrong.
-Kakashi didn't physically react.
-Danzo didn't physically react either.

EMS Sasuke being surprised that Kabuto did what he did puts his reaction speed above Itachi's or his own. Kabuto then notes how they are failing to tag him due to his sensing abilities regardless of their fight being two on one. Itachi's crow clone+Shunshin is a distraction and a feint tied up in one move, so using that as evidence to downgrade his reaction speed doesn't work. Not to mention he he had horns when he tried to evade that attack. Sasuke and Itachi have already shown that using distractions can get Kabuto hit, and that's how he got his by the arrow despite him already dodging it.

KCN

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-Kakashi didn't physically react.
-Danzo didn't physically react either.

EMS Sasuke being surprised that Kabuto did what he did puts his reaction speed above Itachi's or his own. Kabuto then notes how they are failing to tag him due to his sensing abilities regardless of their fight being two on one. Itachi's crow clone+Shunshin is a distraction and a feint tied up in one move, so using that as evidence to downgrade his reaction speed doesn't work. Not to mention he he had horns when he tried to evade that attack. Sasuke and Itachi have already shown that using distractions can get Kabuto hit, and that's how he got his by the arrow despite him already dodging it.
Good points, agreed. That fight's a blur to me.

@blazekev90

You can't be serious with that list? Gai was able to tangle with Juubi jin Madara without getting severely wounded, whereas SM Minato was utterly embarrassed. Tobirama also reacted to Juubito's Shunshin; why are Kabuto and Itachi ahead of them?

DemonicAvenger

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, Base Minato's reaction time isn't close to KCM Naruto, not even close.

The Hokages were brought back at . Whatever translation you read Tobirama basically says the same thing, that being the Hokages Edo Tensei forms had basically the same power as their alive versions, with a possible negligible difference. Madara statement later on doesn't contradict this or imply that the difference was large. Even if someone were to argue that Madara was implying a significant difference, then Tobirama's statement takes priority. As he's the creator of Edo Tensei and knows his own power better than anyone else.

So Base Minato >= Base Edo Minato in reaction time. Then as we head into the Juubito fight, we see EMS Sasuke and KCM Naruto showing similar reaction times to KCM Minato.

Sasuke reacts to Juubito even faster than Minato does, and the former was using Shunshin while the latter used FTG. Naruto and Sasuke also mentally react to Juubito at the exact same time, so we know their reactions are on par. Minato reacts to Juubito just after this with FTG, indicated by the bottom panel. Naruto also reacts to this nearly as fast as Minato, . We know that Naruto reacts nearly as fast as Minato due to the fact that the only time lapse between Minato's FTG attempt and Naruto's Chakra arms was the time it took for Obito's "TSB" to start .

So overall, the difference in reactions between KCM Naruto and Base Minato is the entirety of the boost that KCM gives - the negligible difference between Edo Minato and Alive Minato. The Raikage fight means little as Naruto easily reacted to the Raikage while Minato barely did (Naruto absolutely shit on Ay's speed here, I didn't wanna go on to long about how but I can if need be). Even if you want to keep arguing that, Naruto's reaction against Juubito was even more impressive than Minato's reactions against Ay, since Naruto reacted with something that actually travels while Minato reacted with teleportation, and we all know Juubito >>> Ay in speed.

Im gonna go ahead and second KG's listing though, with the only difference is that SM Naruto is switched to above base Minato.

Last edited:

TheSages456

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In terms of mental reactions:

-Minato can mentally react to 8th gate gai twice when he is purely focused on teleporting.
-Base Ei is stated to have reflexes on par with minato.
-Tobirama has better reflexes than Minato featwise.
-Madara possesses better reflexes than all of the above due to his mastered Choku Tomoe precognition.

In mental reaction speed, the list would go:

-V2 Ei
-DSM Kabuto
-3 Tomoe Madara
-Tobirama
-Base Ei/Minato
-SM Naruto
-Itachi
-MS Obito/Kakashi/Gai
-3rd Raikage
-Bee

Last edited:

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No, Base Minato's reaction time isn't close to KCM Naruto, not even close.

The Hokages were brought back at . Whatever translation you read Tobirama basically says the same thing, that being the Hokages Edo Tensei forms had basically the same power as their alive versions, with a possible negligible difference. Madara statement later on doesn't contradict this or imply that the difference was large. Even if someone were to argue that Madara was implying a significant difference, then Tobirama's statement takes priority. As he's the creator of Edo Tensei and knows his own power better than anyone else.
Wrong. A direct comparison between them both evading Ay's punch shows that they are on par if not Minato being superior.

-Ay charges at both.
-They both physically react with Ay almost hitting them.
-Ay is further away from Naruto by a bit, which would mean he reacts faster, but Ay was also further away from Naruto from the start when compared to how far from Ay Minato was.

So Base Minato >= Base Edo Minato in reaction time. Then as we head into the Juubito fight, we see EMS Sasuke and KCM Naruto showing similar reaction times to KCM Minato.
No.

Sasuke reacts to Juubito even faster than Minato does, and the former was using Shunshin while the latter used FTG. Naruto and Sasuke also mentally react to Juubito at the exact same time, so we know their reactions are on par. Minato reacts to Juubito just after this with FTG, indicated by the bottom panel. Naruto also reacts to this nearly as fast as Minato, . We know that Naruto reacts nearly as fast as Minato due to the fact that the only time lapse between Minato's FTG attempt and Naruto's Chakra arms was the time it took for Obito's "TSB" to start .
Wrong.

-Juubito attacks.
-Minato reacts in the next panel.

No point in mentioning Hiraishin when he had no way to use Hiraishin due to Obito's marking not being where Minato left it, something he didn't know. Not to mention he still reacted long before Sasuke blocked so you don't have a point there regardless. Sasuke didn't react just as fast or nearly as fast. None of these comparisons even hold since Minato isn't the one being attacked by Obito. The chakra arm feat doesn't matter because there is nothing for you to compare that to in order to come to the conclusion that KCM Naruto reacts just as fast as KCM Minato. The bold would make sense if Minato and Naruto had initiated their action at around the same time, but there is nothing showing or implying that they did.

-Juubito grabs them.
-Minato sees them get caught and then responds to Hiraishin.
-Hiraishin doesn't work, so Minato is left unable to act.
-Then Naruto solves the problem by extending his chakra arm.

So overall, the difference in reactions between KCM Naruto and Base Minato is the entirety of the boost that KCM gives - the negligible difference between Edo Minato and Alive Minato. The Raikage fight means little as Naruto easily reacted to the Raikage while Minato barely did. Even if you want to keep arguing that, Naruto's reaction against Juubito was even more impressive than Minato's reactions against Ay, since Naruto reacted with something that actually travels while Minato reacted with teleportation, and we all know Juubito >>> Ay in speed.
1. No, the Raikage fight means everything. Minato reacted to Ay from a closer distance than Naruto did, and no he obviously didn't "barely" react when he was able to flick a Kunai above his head before teleporting away, or rather "barely reacting" isn't his limit. Had he barely reacted then he wouldn't have made any physical movement. Meanwhile we have Naruto who:

-Had a warning from Ay.
-And was further away from Ay than Minato was.

2. Naruto's reaction against Juubito is nonexistent. The only thing of Juubito's Naruto has ever reacted to is his Gudo Dama, which Hiruzen can react to so that's not a feat that'd put him above Minato. Juubito>>>Ay in speed, but Ay>>>>Juubito's Gudo Dama in speed.

And lol what? If the difference between Base Minato and KCM Naruto's reaction speed was the KCM boost itself, then Base Minato and Base Naruto would be on par in reaction speed and I don't think I need to explain how ridiculous that is. Nor would Base Minato have reacted to Ay from the distance he did.

Im gonna go ahead and second KG's listing though, with the only difference is that SM Naruto is switched to above base Minato.
What feat does SM Naruto have that puts him on par with Base Minato let alone above?

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So you need caps to get your point across or you don't have an actual serious explanation?

And you too, you can't use your words?
If you actually think that Kakashi or Obito react faster than Gai at his peak or Ay then there isn't any point wasting effort arguing with you unless whatever reasoning you have is groundbreaking.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you actually think that Kakashi or Obito react faster than Gai at his peak or Ay then there isn't any point wasting effort arguing with you unless whatever reasoning you have is groundbreaking.
Since when did Gai ever show a reaction-speed faster than Kakashi or Obito?
Because I hope you know that there's a slight difference in reaction speed and straight forward speed?
By all means, do name one feat.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Since when did Gai ever show a reaction-speed faster than Kakashi or Obito?
Because I hope you know that there's a slight difference in reaction speed and straight forward speed?
By all means, do name one feat.
-Engaged JJ Madara and Madara wasn't able to cut him down.
-SM Minato and KCM Minato engaged Madara and Obito respectively and he was cut down both times.

No one else on that list has feats on par with that.

I'll be waiting for any evidence that suggests that Kakashi or Obito can do the same. I'll also be waiting for any evidence that Kakashi or Obito have better reactions than Ay or Minato.