Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Starting with the very basics. Explain to me what the difference between the Knights Radiant (Radiant) and the Fallen. How does Divergent factor into these three factions?

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Radiant Knights are those that have sworn to never take up office of any leadership roles following values given/passed on to them by Galahad himself through an oath. Fallen Knights are more or less the opposites as one would imagine, but with a little twist. These are Surgebinders who've taken up political office of either a sovereignty, king or queen. A few also become malevolent in their rule, by bending their subjects to their wills in pure tyranny. Essentially, become God-Kings/Queens with iron fists. Then we have the Divergent: clan members who care nothing for Galahad, his values, or oath. These are usually Radiants in the beginning, but through whatever circumstances lose their way and instead of becoming Fallen sort of trek a new path that doesn't take office, but doesn't obey Galahad either.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Radiant Knights are those that have sworn to never take up office of any leadership roles following values given/passed on to them by Galahad himself through an oath. Fallen Knights are more or less the opposites as one would imagine, but with a little twist. These are Surgebinders who've taken up political office of either a sovereignty, king or queen. A few also become malevolent in their rule, by bending their subjects to their wills in pure tyranny. Essentially, become God-Kings/Queens with iron fists. Then we have the Divergent: clan members who care nothing for Galahad, his values, or oath. These are usually Radiants in the beginning, but through whatever circumstances lose their way and instead of becoming Fallen sort of trek a new path that doesn't take office, but doesn't obey Galahad either.
Fallen don't necessarily take up positions of power. It's more about just discarding their oath. They usually do, but some don't (my bio is an example of the latter). It's more about doing what you want; a higher degree of freedom.

And yeah, Divergents just kinda go off and do their own thing. It's key to understand that no bio ever starts as Divergent. Its a result of events that change your bio's outlook on the world/oath. You can start as Fallen and become Divergent. Or start as Radiant, become Fallen, and then become Divergent. Or just be Radiant and become Divergent. Divergents are always people who were in either faction first, as part of the clan and then had their view on things changed.

Your bio falls under the Radiants. Now this can always change in the future depending on where you take its history. I know she's related to a royal family. So there's definitely obvious routes there. Or you could stick with Radiants or whatever. So there's a lot you could do.

Next big question: what is Prana and where does it come from?

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Prana is the unique chakra of the Surgebinders, and it hails from a dimension beyond ours called The Throne. Surgebinders' bodies act as gateways or proxies for this energy to cross into the real world as otherwise it almost never does. As such, it constantly permeates their bodies and tenketsu. Prana is unique in that its color can change with each person, as well as its uses. It can transport people and objects to the Throne as well as be molded into shapes and familiars with control. Finally, it can also bolster the Surgebinders' bodies in a manner not unlike chakra infusion.

Oh, and contact with this energy feels frigid to the touch, so much so that it can 'freeze' people/objects in place both internally (if a Surgebinder's chakra is attempted to be siphoned) and externally (with certain applications).

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The external applications you refer to are part of the Surge of Evocation, the first Surge you learn. Once we start that you'll be able to pick your Prana's color. Let's look more at this constantly present Prana first. I'll just copy paste it.

"Once a Surgebinder is initiated into the clan, their body essentially becomes an "open doorway" for the ethereal energy. This means that prana energy will constantly enter and exist within their chakra systems and any quantity of foreign chakra or energy inserted into their bodies will immediately be transported to the Throne before they can take effect. Chakra inserted into their bodies for the use of illusions will be absorbed before their induction time is complete, meaning the genjutsu never occurs. However this also means Surgebinders will be incapable of having a Curse Mark or using Sage Mode. It will also become impossible for others to heal them through medical Ninjutsu or transfer chakra to them. If an ally or opponent tries to absorb the chakra of a Surgebinder into their own body, they will instead absorb this ambient Prana energy and be frozen internally."

Note that this only applies to things that affect you internally. It also is superseded by abilities like Mangekyou Sharingan Genjutsu and Yin Release. And uhh, don't take damage cause you ain't healing!

If you have no questions, you can consider yourself able to use this passive skill. For the next part, I want you to explain Prana interactions with other techniques as best as you know it. And question of the day: what do you think happens when you split a technique within the Surge of Evocation (i.e. dividing an S-Rank blast of Prana in half)?

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The external applications you refer to are part of the Surge of Evocation, the first Surge you learn. Once we start that you'll be able to pick your Prana's color. Let's look more at this constantly present Prana first. I'll just copy paste it.

"Once a Surgebinder is initiated into the clan, their body essentially becomes an "open doorway" for the ethereal energy. This means that prana energy will constantly enter and exist within their chakra systems and any quantity of foreign chakra or energy inserted into their bodies will immediately be transported to the Throne before they can take effect. Chakra inserted into their bodies for the use of illusions will be absorbed before their induction time is complete, meaning the genjutsu never occurs. However this also means Surgebinders will be incapable of having a Curse Mark or using Sage Mode. It will also become impossible for others to heal them through medical Ninjutsu or transfer chakra to them. If an ally or opponent tries to absorb the chakra of a Surgebinder into their own body, they will instead absorb this ambient Prana energy and be frozen internally."

Note that this only applies to things that affect you internally. It also is superseded by abilities like Mangekyou Sharingan Genjutsu and Yin Release. And uhh, don't take damage cause you ain't healing!

If you have no questions, you can consider yourself able to use this passive skill. For the next part, I want you to explain Prana interactions with other techniques as best as you know it. And question of the day: what do you think happens when you split a technique within the Surge of Evocation (i.e. dividing an S-Rank blast of Prana in half)?
No questions on the passives. I already learned how incorrect my saying of "Genjutsu immunity" was. Onto how Prana interacts with techniques; this I'm not enitrly sure on. My gut tells me Prana almost exclusively transports to the Throne based on chakra value rather than damage, giving a form of absolution. But at the same time i cant help but feel like Prana can still be used to crush, slice, and pierce through shape manipulation just like any chakra. Im not enitely cear on this bit, to br honest.

Question of the day. If I split S-Ranked Prana I should get two A-Rank applications following normal splitting rules, I feel. BUT, if the chakra affects targets on a chakra value amount rather than straight damage i dont think it will split like how we are used to.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No. Prana can only freeze and transport. In its raw form it can’t do any physical damage of any kind. That said, noble phantasms can do this fine. Well, depends on what the NP is.

As for splitting: it goes by chakra value rather than rank. so an S tank split in half is 20 and 20 chakra. It’s a bit disadvantageous to split prana.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No. Prana can only freeze and transport. In its raw form it can’t do any physical damage of any kind. That said, noble phantasms can do this fine. Well, depends on what the NP is.

As for splitting: it goes by chakra value rather than rank. so an S tank split in half is 20 and 20 chakra. It’s a bit disadvantageous to split prana.
I was so tempted to write this at first but didn't wanna look like a hopeless dumby. I'm glad this is te case though, it shows I'm not entirely clueless. And only to freeze and transport. Noted. Ready to move on, sensei.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I assume molding Prana would be second nature to all Surgebinders just as regular chakra is to regular ninja. How it cultivates and exits the body is still subject to shape manipulation but not nature, for Prana cannot take on elemental forms. However, it does have the ability to infuse elemental techniques.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Correct, but I want you to use the different forms. First release it from your body as a stream or blast then manifest it 10 meters away from you in whatever shape you choose.
Hearing instructions loud and clear, Sigurd would snap his fingers at the direction of a random pile of deadwood to to his right. The snap would release a blast of Prana from his being onto the pile and immediately cause it to go into a weird state of stasis. After this he forms ra brilliant saber made of the exclusive energy in his namesake; a double-edged broad sword complete with a dragon skin hilt and glowing gem in its center. Of course, this was all just for show.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, next I want you to focus on creating an armour around your body. Add whatever modifications you think you have the ability to perform e.g. extra arms, a tail, etc.
Look at you with your British English spelling.

Well, since I'm not the flashy type a bare minimum shiny Shogun armor with ornamental horns, large Oni beads, and yokai wings will do :)))) Process wise I'd imagine it would be as simple as shape manipulation to the Prana as one would with chakra.

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Look at you with your British English spelling.

Well, since I'm not the flashy type a bare minimum shiny Shogun armor with ornamental horns, large Oni beads, and yokai wings will do :)))) Process wise I'd imagine it would be as simple as shape manipulation to the Prana as one would with chakra.
I was expecting you to be flashier. Alright, now I want to stream a cylindrical column into the sky but ensure the prana remains one cohesive whole so the power isn't diluted. Imagine you're a DBZ character charging up to fight Frieza in 20 episodes.

After that I want you to create a colossal a avatar of Prana around yourself, similar to Sussano.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was expecting you to be flashier. Alright, now I want to stream a cylindrical column into the sky but ensure the prana remains one cohesive whole so the power isn't diluted. Imagine you're a DBZ character charging up to fight Frieza in 20 episodes.

After that I want you to create a colossal a avatar of Prana around yourself, similar to Sussano.
Okay a column of prana skyward would be more comparible to a beam or laser.We don't want it fragmented, no. So it'll be dense like a solid. There's a word I'm looking for to describe this... Compressed! Yes, I'll release a compressed portion of prana into the sky. It'll hit like a truck, I'm sure.

Next we'll take shape manipulation up a notch to create intricate details such as hands, eyes, a face, and torso. The energy would leak from my being and sort of pool around me before becoming 'solid' and assuming form. It'd be like running water into a container, the water being prana and the container being my imagination, to give it a shape and purpose. I'll use this principle to create a warrior from the torso up to tower over me like some sort of shield. Inside the warrior would not be hollow, but the Prana inside would be as dense on the outside either.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We're kicking this up a notch. Look through each application of this technique; they're all very simple to grasp. Do you have any questions on any of these?

(Kanki: Kigen no Kamigami) – Surge of Evocation: Era of Gods
Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 10-40
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This technique encompasses the basic applications of the Surge of Evocation. The Surge of Evocation is the usage of Prana in its raw and unrefined form; whatever this Prana touches is transformed into ethereal energy and transported to the Throne. Prana will neutralize and be neutralized by techniques that possess the same amount of chakra. Similarly it will be useless against attacks of greater chakra and will not be weakened by techniques of lower chakra. However when used on living targets this ambient energy will feel extremely frigid to the touch and induce cold burns on contact or even freeze a target solid for higher ranked applications. D to B-Rank uses will inflict cold burns as well as all of the effects of frostbite. A-Rank uses will cause necrosis of the afflicted parts of the body, making them appear dark purple and bruised to signify the death of cells. Affected appendages and organs will cease to function, becoming completely immobile in the case of limbs. S rank uses will freeze the struck targets solid. In the case of Surgebinders, who are immune to all of the above effects, they will be transported to the Throne when struck by the prana of another member of their clan. Era of Gods can be split into three separate applications, all based on the same principle: constructs, armors, and familiars made of prana energy.

Pride of Gilgamesh – Gates of Babylon
The Pride of Gilgamesh allows the user to produce Prana either from the user’s body or on the battlefield. The Prana can only be manifested within short-range of the opponent if the user is also within that range, in which it must be created a minimum of one meter away. This restriction does not apply if the user chooses to release the Prana from their body, rather than manifest it away from themselves. The energy can be released from the body via various hand signs depending on the user's rank in the clan. This can be done to generate constructs bound only by the rank of technique used and one’s imagination; alternatively the user can simplify the application by creating streams, waves, and constructs of Prana. Manifested Prana is capable of taking solid form, granting tangibility at the user’s volition. Non-projectile uses of this technique are capable of levitating and can be governed through mental commands and a sustained chakra cost. B-Ranks and below are sustained through 5 chakra per turn, A-Ranks and above require 10 chakra per turn. Created constructs will last three turns per usage unless they are prematurely cancelled. S-Rank applications can only be used once every three turns and no Prana in the user’s next turn.

Embrace of Ishtar – Armory of Akkadia
This variant allows the user to manifest armors, auras, and coatings of Prana around their body. This can be used to enshroud a single or multiple body parts in a layer of colored energy. These defenses can be made to fit the body like conventional armors or enveloping it in a formless manner. The first type can be created with additional limbs and appendages such as wings which enable flight. The user can also constantly reshape it and create small-scale weapons from the body of the armor, though at the cost of one of the user's three moves. It should be noted that these constructs remain attached to the main body of the armor and so act as an extension of it. The second type generates a “flowing aura” that appears to flicker like an open flame. This aura is often made as an upwards column that is streamed into the sky with its base remaining around the user. It should be noted that its power is not split or divided as all of the Prana energy is part of one whole. The armors can exhibit tangibility, although this does not hinder the user’s techniques and their passing which can freely move in and out of the armor per the user’s will. B-Rank and below applications require being sustained with 5 chakra per turn while A and S Ranks require 10 chakra per turn. This technique can last a maximum of three turns. S-Rank applications can be used twice per battle. After an S-Rank application expires the user is unable to utilize Prana single turn.

Divinity of Merlin – Garden of Avalon
The Divinity of Merlin allows the user to produce Prana in the same way as the Pride of Gilgamesh and can be shaped in the same way, limited by rank and imagination. However, unlike the Pride of Gilgamesh which creates static constructs the Divinity of Merlin creates constructs imbued with a limited form of sentience – familiars. These familiars can be created anywhere on the battlefield, with the exception of short-range of the opponent unless the user is also within that range; in this case the familiar cannot be created within two meters of the opponent. This restriction does not apply if the user chooses to release the Prana from their body. Familiars are capable of taking numerous shapes, not simply limited to animals. These familiars are also capable of taking solid form at the user’s volition. Familiars are capable of remaining on the battlefield for four turns. B-Ranks and below are sustained through 5 chakra per turn, A-Ranks and above require 10 chakra per turn. S-Rank applications can only be used twice times per battle and no Prana in the user’s next turn.

Note: The upper echelon of the clan (Servants and above) are capable of using this technique without hand signs for B-rank and below. A-rank will require two hand signs and S-rank requires three.
Note: The lower tier clan members (Phantasms to Guardians) will require 5 to 3 hand seals for all ranks, decreasing as they they ascend in rank.

And a side question: how does Prana interact with other techniques when you split an S-Rank into two individual bodies of Prana?

Reactions: Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just a few:

"In the case of Surgebinders, who are immune to all of the above effects, they will be transported to the Throne when struck by the prana of another member of their clan."

Q1: Does this mean any rank of Surge of Evocation, or will it scale with the shinobi's rank? For example, would a C ranked application of this technique send a Jounin to the Throne or will that require S-ranked strength?

"It should be noted that its power is not split or divided as all of the Prana energy is part of one whole."

Q2: Does this mean what I think it means? So no matter how many small-scaled weapons I produce from the armor (within the techniques limits, of course) the rank of both weapons and said armor will not diminish?

And to answer your question: When you split Prana you split its chakra value rather than damage. What this means is S ranked Prana split in two will create two B ranked applications of it (40/2 = 20). This is a definite downside to the chakra as a whole, seeing as regular S-ranks get split into two A ranks.