Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was good; you seem to be grasping these concepts quite easily. Let us move on.
(Senbon Ame) - Endless Rain of Senbon
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: The puppet will open its mouth wide, unleashing a torrent of senbon. All of the senbon are poison-tipped, meaning that a single hit by one could be deadly. These senbon can shower the opponent for as long as the user wishes.
(Doku Kemuri) -Poison Smokescreen
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The puppet will open its mouth and shoot out smoke balls that are imbued with poison as well. This can be used to obscure the enemy’s vision and to spread poisonous gas in the area at the same time.
The next technique I want to teach you involves two puppets. Which means we will be going over two skills right now. The first shall be wielding two puppets at the same time. To begin, simply retract the threads from your one hand off of your puppet. Then, extend that hand's strings onto Black Ant. As each string makes contact with a joint or part of your puppet, have the string fray at the end and split apart so as to attach to multiple parts of your puppet. While this can be done internally, as a beginner you may want to start externally, which simply means causing your strings to break into multiple strings per finger and attach to different limbs and joints. From there, experiment with moving your puppets around a bit before moving on.
After you are comfortable with the use of two puppets instead of just one, I want you to activate a third chamber within each of your puppets' bodies which contains small balls of explosives. Then, begin to fire them just like the senbon and smoke bombs. Think about why you require two puppets to perform this maneuver, how using two puppets in this situation could be better than using just one, and how you could incorporate this technique's usage into battle, as well as drawbacks to the jutsu.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I extend my left hand out and released a couple of chakra strings to control Black Ant. I multiplied the strings so I can control each limb on Ant's body. I pull Ant towards my left side and began to experiment with it. Black Ant wasn't much different from Crow, so it was easy to get use to the mechanics. With Crow and Black Ant in front of me, I send them to hover over a spot mid range from me. With the pull of a few strings, I opened up a chamber within their bodies and released a couple of explosives. I moved each puppet around at the same time so they can cover more ground and spread the explosive damage. After 5 seconds, I retracted the puppets back to my side and closed the chamber.

By using two puppets, you can cover more ground in two different areas. One puppet can be at the left while the other is at the right. Having two puppets also makes it harder for your opponent. They have to choose one before the other, so that leaves them open to the puppet that wasn't targeted.

This technique is no different from the previous two techniques I did, except that it's two puppets instead of one. There aren't any much combos I can make from this technique since it requires you to use both your hands to control puppets that fires explosives. I might use this move to put pressure on my opponent and cause him to push back away from me.

The drawback is that this move requires both of your hands. This leave you open to attacks and restriction on creativity. A counter that the target might use is, using a wind jutsu to blow the explosives back to my direction.

Reactions: Smirk

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was very good.
(Kugutsu: Samidare no Jutsu) - Puppet May Rain Technique
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: The user will manipulate Crow and Ant to release a series of explosive bombs at the enemy target/s.
Note can only be used by a Suna puppet user.
The next technique we shall perform is very similar to one you've already done. Inside Crow's limbs, there is a multitude of spikes which can be extended. I want you to extend these spikes and then cause Crow to spin wildly, much like Wild Dance, but with the spikes. And as you do so, be sure to manipulate him with one hand to become better at using two puppets at once.
The second technique also uses Crow alone. By causing his arms to open between his elbow and wrist, you can expose several cannons. From these cannons, you can activate firing mechanisms to shoot out several special kunai. These kunai are all explosive, are specially designed to hone onto a target, and can be fired rapidly and continuously from each of the cannons.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With Crow laying lifeless on the ground in front of me, I extended my left and attached my chakra strings onto Crow to erect him for the next technique I'm about to perform. I flicked my wrist and out came a multitude of spikes around Crow's limbs, and then I began to move my fingers around to rotate Crow's body rapidly to give him the appearance of a drill. After a few minutes of training myself to to use the tech effortlessly while also improving my puppeteering, I slowly brought back Crow to a full stop from spinning and retracted the spikes back to his limbs.

While still in full control of Crow, I quickly went onto the next technique and opened up each of Crow's four arms by the middle joint. His arms now resembles the end of a shotgun barrel, and within each one lies special explosive kunais that can hone in on its target after being fired. I directed Crow to point his arms at the large oak tree that stands 8 meters from Crow's position, and then pulled my fingers back like I would pull a trigger to release a barrage of kunais aimed for the oak tree. The explosive kunais would leave the tree in pieces with debris from the tree and ground covering the area the tree use to be.

"Hahaha, that was fun, but it would've been better if it was a living target", I say with a crook smile and wide eyes while staring at the destruction of the tree before me.

What makes the first technique better than Wild Dance is that it utilizes spikes which give Crow that penetrative power and deadly threat that was lacking from Wild Dance. I would use poison smokescreen to smother my opponent while also blocking their vision, and follow it up by attacking them from behind with this move as they most likely may use a wind tech to disperse the smoke.

For the other technique, I would use the same method as before and blind my opponent with smoke, and since these kunais locks onto the target I don't need to see them to get an accurate shot.

Questions:

Do you think it's a good idea to create a couple of shadow clones before utilizing your puppets, and then use them as bodyguards to defend against elemental techs from your opponent?

Is it a must for me to allows post the puppetry technique whenever I want to use another puppet in combat?

Last edited:

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think it's a good idea to create a couple of shadow clones before utilizing your puppets, and then use them as bodyguards to defend against elemental techs from your opponent?
That is a great strategy! I also have a custom puppet that can utilize the elements; maybe I'll teach it to you if you decide to develop this field and stick with it for a while :)

Is it a must for me to allows post the puppetry technique whenever I want to use another puppet in combat?
Nope. This is a common misconception. Summoning the puppet and attaching strings to it will suffice. The D-rank technique is really only used for training purposes and to explain the basics. Most of the puppetry users on NB simply free-form the strings attaching onto their summoned puppet.

These next two require Crow; the first one is a physical attack that utilizes Crow's bladed limbs in a spinning manner, allowing for a sharp spin attack that reaches up close and personal.

The second one is useful in that you shoot kunais that home in on a target and explode on impact. You can focus on which target you want to hit and shoot the kunais with intent there. Think of them as homing missiles.

Questions on either?

(Karasu Shuuren) - Crow Drill
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user manipulates Crow to release spikes from its limbs. He then makes Crow fly toward the opponent while spinning rapidly, doing severe damage to them.
Note: Can only be used by a Suna puppet user
(Kugutsu no Jutsu: Mugen Bakujin) - Puppet Technique: Infinite Explosive Blades
Range: Short - Mid
Description: Crow's four arms open and then they shoot four kunai, which then home in on the enemy target exploding on impact.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nope. This is a common misconception. Summoning the puppet and attaching strings to it will suffice. The D-rank technique is really only used for training purposes and to explain the basics. Most of the puppetry users on NB simply free-form the strings attaching onto their summoned puppet.
So that means I can summon 3 puppets all in one turn then?

I have a question about the second technique. It says that the technique range is short to mid range right? However, since it's a projectile attack and Crow can stretch across the field to mid range, does that mean this technique has the the potential to reach long range? And what are the parameters for each range? I always thought it was Short:0-5m, Mid:5-10m, and Long:10m+.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First question? Yes, you can :0

Second question(s). The distances shouldn't really matter in terms of meters. Do it qualitatively: "I summon my puppet so it's mid-range from me". By stating ranges and not breaking the rules, you won't have to worry about whether you were a meter short of using a technique. As long as it is logical and flows well, it shouldn't be a problem.

Now, back to your first part of that question; that's a very good point you bring up. Remember that every jutsu you've learned up to now comes from the puppet, not the user. So, the jutsu would reach short-mid range from Crow, not you. And if Crow is mid-range from you, you can easily say short + mid = long range. This extends the reach of puppetry techniques. All puppets have this property; playing around with ranges will allow you to control the battlefield with your maneuvers. So yes, you're right.

For standards' sake, I rule short range to be 0-5m, mid 6-10m, and long 10+. However, like I said, just focus primarily on the qualitative part and you'll be fine :)

Ok... here are the last three techniques I can teach you as a non-Sasori, Suna puppet user. Any questions on these three? I feel they're relatively easy to understand.

(Kugutsu Hijutsu: Doku Kemuri no Karasu) - Puppetry Secret Technique: Poison Smoke of Crow
Damage points: N/A (- 10 per turn if Inhale smoke)
Description: The user manipulates an airborne Crow to release a mist of smoke from its chest.
(Jinsoku Karasuhane no Jutsu) - Rapid Crow Wings Technique
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user sends his puppet, Crow, rapidly dashing toward the opponent. Crow's six hands then project spikes and stab the opponent, sending them crashing to the ground. Crow then slams them with the spikes when they are on the ground.
(Kugutsu no Jutsu: Kaijin Tensen) - Puppet Technique: Revolving Blade Heavenly Drill
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: Crow sprouts blade wings and then spins towards the enemy like a tornado and then slashes them then launching them into the air and releases explosive kunai near the target.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No questions about these techniques. The first and thrid one are similar to previous techniques, and the second one is pretty meh.

Since this is the end of the session I want to get as many questions out of the way before i start jumping into battles with my puppets.

1. Are you completely sure I never have to post that "Puppetry Technique" jutsu in any of my battles, and I could just free form attach/detach/reattach my chakra strings at any given moment as many times I would like?

2. However, if I were to use my chakra strings to change the trajectory of an incoming kunai, or to trip my opponent up as he runs towards me, do I still have to post the Puppetry Technique jutsu?

3. Is there a limit to how many different individual puppets I can have on the field at the same time?

4. Can I still use regular ninjutsu(non elemental) while controlling my puppets?

I thought I had way more questions than that, but that is all for now.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's cool; if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or anyone else who's completed the field. I may not be 100% right but my answers here are all based on my experiences fighting with them.

1. Are you completely sure I never have to post that "Puppetry Technique" jutsu in any of my battles, and I could just free form attach/detach/reattach my chakra strings at any given moment as many times I would like?
I've never had to post it. Daemon's never posted it. Sharingdork's never posted it (to my knowledge).

So, yes. However, you can't reattach strings to a broken puppet, or use the strings to reassemble them, etc etc. Basically, you can only use them to control puppets the regular way.

2. However, if I were to use my chakra strings to change the trajectory of an incoming kunai, or to trip my opponent up as he runs towards me, do I still have to post the Puppetry Technique jutsu?
These are creative uses that I never thought about... nice lateral thinking! If those scenarios are free-form, I would say no, but if they're using a jutsu, then yes. This then brings up the argument on whether puppet string are capable of doing those things. I would rule in favor of those indirect uses, but you can always try it in a fight to see if it flies with your opponent.

3. Is there a limit to how many different individual puppets I can have on the field at the same time?
3 is the limit, I believe. Sasori bios can have more due to the 100 puppets all counting as one. I've heard of scenarios where 5 is allowed, but I'd suggest sticking with 3 for now. I can ask Dork and get back to you with a better answer if you want.

4. Can I still use regular ninjutsu(non elemental) while controlling my puppets?
That is a negatory, unless the puppet's abilities allow you to do so U_U

... and that's what I have to say on that matter. Have fun ;)