Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Walking through the deserts of the Land of Wind, the hunchbacked man in a black cloak made his way slowly towards his new student. The kid told him to train yet another newbie, and the man was wondering what was so special about this kid... But, grumbling the whole time, the cloaked man eventually found the man he was to train; amidst the sand drifting through the wind was a dark figure. Walking up to him, the man in the black cloak and the straw hat began to talk.
Are you the one? The one I was to teach the way of the Puppet Master? If you are, I must ask you; please describe for me everything, in great detail, that you know about puppets and puppetry....

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry for the late reply.

Puppets are an inanimate objects that comes in different shapes and sizes and are controlled by puppeteers by shaping their chakra into strings attached to the puppet.

Puppetry is an unique CQC that uses chakra threads to control puppets. Any number of chakra threads can be used to control a puppet, but users with more skill can use fewer strings per puppet. Most puppets has the ability to release poison gas and deadly senbons. This technique also has few weaknesses. The Puppet Technique is a long range style, meaning that the puppeteers are weak against close range fighters. Since most puppeteer use his or her hands to manipulate the puppets, if their hands are disabled, then the technique can be neutralised.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry for the late reply.

Puppets are an inanimate objects that comes in different shapes and sizes and are controlled by puppeteers by shaping their chakra into strings attached to the puppet.

Puppetry is an unique CQC that uses chakra threads to control puppets. Any number of chakra threads can be used to control a puppet, but users with more skill can use fewer strings per puppet. Most puppets has the ability to release poison gas and deadly senbons. This technique also has few weaknesses. The Puppet Technique is a long range style, meaning that the puppeteers are weak against close range fighters. Since most puppeteer use his or her hands to manipulate the puppets, if their hands are disabled, then the technique can be neutralised.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The black-cloaked man grunted.
That was alright... Now, before we continue, I suppose you need these.
Pulling out a scroll, the man released a cloud of smoke, with three puppets appearing in the aftermath.
(Karasu) Crow
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Crow is the very first puppet we see in the series. It was created by Sasori, but is later used by Kankurou. Crow is a three eyed, four armed humanoid. Crow is one of the more basic puppets, but he is able to detach any of its body parts for deadly attacks, almost every joint having a blade at the end, allowing Crow to shoot his arms towards the opponent, and then have them return back to it. Even his head has a blade that can be extended out from the bottom of its neck when detached. This ability made it and Black Ant a very deadly combination. It also has the ability, like most puppets do, to release poison-tipped darts and smokescreens, which sometimes have poisonous gas mixed with them.
Note: Can only be used by a Suna puppet user

(Kuroari) Black Ant
Description: Black Ant, created by Sasori, is a puppet that is often used in conjunction with Crow and, later on, Salamander. It has a bucket-shaped face with two red horns and a total of six arms. It, like Crow, has three eyes. Its body resembles a very large barrel, and it is hollow on the inside, making its main use to be that of trapping, while weapons enter the many slots on its body. At any time, Black Ant can literally open its stomach, and trap an opponent, able to extend the two halves of its stomach so that it stretches out and over the opponent from a very fair distance (approximately mid range) and then retracts the stomach back to its original form, closing it with the opponent inside. Its arm segments contain hidden saw-blades. Like Crow, Black Ant can detach its arms for attacks.

(Sanshōuo) Salamander
Description: Salamander is a defensive puppet, though not on the level of defense as that of Hiruko. Salamander, as its name suggests, is built in the form of a large salamander, being one of the largest puppets seen thus far, and though it is not more powerful defensively than Hiruko, it is larger than the other puppet. Salamander is able to rise up a large area on its back to be used as a shield, making a black shield over its head. It, like some other puppets, is hollow, and it can open its back at any time and then rise up its large tail over its head, stretching it out and therefore allowing the puppet user to jump inside of it for protection. Salamander can also spew out fire equal to C rank. Salamander can only be destroyed by one who knows its weak spots, being a weak joint on its side that holds the shield in place and afterwards simply striking it on its back, or by a move of A rank or higher.
I created these puppets, and they're designed for being easy to use, especially for new puppeteers. Now, before you can do anything with these puppets, you must establish a connection with them. This is where our Chakra Strings come into play. I want you to compress a great amount of chakra into your fingertips, and then shape that chakra into strings with your shape manipulation. From there, connect each string to parts of the one puppet you want to manipulate first, and we shall continue from there.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I gathered a great amount of chakra to each of my finger tips. I focused and compressed the chakra and then used shape manipulation to form the chakra into strings as I release them towards the puppets. I decided to go the Crow puppet as my first choice. the strings from my index fingers and thumb controlled the head and mouth, my middle fingers controlled the arms, and my ring and pinky fingers controlled the feet. I then waited for further instruction from Sharindork.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your chakra strings have attached to the puppet, yes, but can you control it. Remember, it is as much your mind telling the puppet what to do as your fingers guiding your puppet's movements. A good balance is what you need, and until we reach this balance, let us try something.
Extending one arm from out of his cloak, Sasori shot five chakra strings from his fingers and attached to Black Ant. Causing Black Ant to rise and face Crow, limbs spread wide, Sasori grinned.
It's been a while since I've used my puppet... Now, attack me, and I shall defend with this one. Once you begin to know how a puppet's movements work, you will watch me and how I fight with my puppet. Perhaps you will pick up on combinations which you find interesting. But for now, we fight like true puppeteers; attack!

Type: Attack/Defense/Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 10(-4 each turn its used after wards)
Description: The user makes threads of chakra that are used to control puppets.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kankuro moved his fingers and erected Crow from the ground and reeled him in closer. Two of Crow's hands then popped open from the wrist and revealed two blades extending out from the joint. Kankuro then launched Crow straight towards Sasori. At about three meters away from Sasori, Crow launched his whole left arm, aimed towards Sasori head, and then went after the hand that is controlling Black Ant. Kankuro extended the blade in Crow's right arm even further and then swung it at Sasori fingers slicing them off.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Grinning under his layers, Sasori within his shell and cloak flicked his ring finger, controlling Black Ant with a single hand, causing one of Black Ant's right arms to come off (the lowest one). Then, Sasori flicked his ring finger under his middle and index fingers, which he raised slightly at the same time, sending the severed arm towards Crow's aimed for Sasori's head, intending to clash with the arm with the saw-blades extended. Then as another one of Crow's arms came towards Sasori, he moved his whole arm of the hand controlling Black Ant, swiping it across his body to draw the puppet into Crow's path. Then, raising his hand into a fist, Sasori opened his fingers which caused Black Ant's stomach to open, and then its stomach opened and extended outwards to surround the puppet, trapping it within Black Ant as Sasori closed his hand in a cage-like fashion.
Because you have chosen Crow, I can teach you a few of his techniques. Black Ant is not completely sealed and so your chakra strings should be able to penetrate through to your puppet. This is another downside to puppetry; if something cuts through your strings, or completely separates you from your puppet like Black Ant trapping either of you inside itself, you become useless, don't you? But for now, the technique. Within Crow are several kunai and mechanisms for launching said kunai. Use your chakra strings to activate these mechanisms and fire the kunai towards Black Ant's stomach to free your puppet so that we may continue.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Unaware of Crow's abilities, Kankuro listened to Sasori on how to activate these mechanisms, so he can release Crow from within Black Ant's stomach. With a flick of his index finger, Kankuro managed to open Crow's mouth to reveal a pipe. Assuming this is where the kunais are launched, it took a few seconds until one finally came out through the opening that Sasori left. Kankuro then released a barrage of kunais one by one consecutively. With each blow, the doors of Black Ant stomach slowly chipped away until a large piece broke off from the left door. The opening was big enough for Crow to escape in which he did when Kankuro clenched both of his fist and pulled back to bring Crow to his side. What more can this puppet do?

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Grinning slightly at the sight of his puppets once more performing combat, Sasori replied slily.
Plenty.
(Kugutsu Gorotama no Jutsu) - Puppet Scatter Shot Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user manipulates crow to release several kunai from his body at the enemy target.
Crow's next technique takes advantage of his many limbs and slender build. Simply put, you cause Crow to hover over the ground, as puppets do while being manipulated. Then, angle him a complete ninety degrees to how he is right now, so that he's parallel to the ground rather than perpendicular. After that, you simply send him flying forwards, spinning him rapidly so as to hit an opponent with force of the spinning impact. Alternatively, you could cause Crow to spin while he's standing up straight, using his limbs to hit an opponent multiple times, almost slapping them continuously.
So why don't you try both of those against Black Ant, here...?

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Simple enough. Once again, Kankuro takes control of Crow and maneuver his fingers so he can have Crow face parallel to the ground in front of him. Kankuro then twirl his right index finger in a circle to simulate Crow to spin around rapidly like a drill. While in this state, Kankuro launches Crow towards Blank Ant's body, striking it with a rotational force that sent Black Ant back a few meters.

Kankuro stopped the spinning and retracted Crow back his front standing upright. Kankuro tried the same move, but this time Crow is going stand straight up and deliver continuous smacks in to the body of Black Ant. Kankuro did the same hand gestures as before to simulate Crow spinning and then proceed to launch Crow at Blank Ant once again. However, this time Crow attacked from above Ant's body and worked his way down while it slapped Blank Ant with multiple strikes from it's bottom and middle hands. Each smack sent Black Ant a few feet back until it eventually fell over because of the lack of time to recover from each strike. Kankuro again stopped the spinning and retracted Crow while he waits for further instructions.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was looking good. We'll move on now.
(Ranbu no Jutsu) - Wild Dance Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Damage points: 20
Description: The user manipulates Crow to bolt towards the enemy and begin spinning, striking them with a rotational force.
The next technique revolves around compartments much like the ones which you shot kunai from earlier. However, these ones contain normal smoke bombs which you can use to blind your opponent. It's most effectively used if Crow is high up before you launch them. So why don't you try it?

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This will be the first time I utilize Crow up in the air like this. Lets see how far my thread manipulation skills have grown.

I sprung Crow up in the air in a forward arc. Then I pulled my index finger back so I can open up the same compartment I did earlier when I had fired the kunais. A few smoke bombs came rolling out with each one falling an inch ahead of the other. The smoke bombs released its smoke as it made contact with the ground. A huge black thick mist of smoke covered the area where the bombs landed and it slowly disappeared as the wind started to pick disperse the black mist. Crow had already completed its full arc jump before the mist disperse and was retracted back to me afterwards.

Thanks to my improved sensory skills, I should still be able to locate my target in the smoke even though I can't see them.

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's good; having a form of sensory removes one of the drawbacks of being unable to see your opponent in the smoke. This technique is essentially only useful for making your opponent unable to see you, and as such, you can launch surprise attacks.
(Kugutsu Kemuridama no Jutsu) - Puppet Smoke Bombs Technique
Range: Short - Long
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user jumps up in the air and then manipulates crow to release several smoke bombs towards the enemy target blinding them in the process.
Note: Can only be used by a Suna puppet user.
We will now be moving into some more advanced techniques. For these, your creativity as a puppeteer will be tested; I will need you to describe for me a use of each techniques which may not be quite... Well, for lack of a better word, "anticipated". The first technique still uses Crow. I want you to move Crow near to that rock, and then as he gets close to it, detach his head from his body. From there, manipulate his head and body separately, causing his head to protrude a spike built into his mouth so that he can attack the rock while his body were to distract it, if it were an actual opponent. Then after you describe for me the creativity in how to use it, why might this technique not be good? What drawbacks does it have?

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With the chakra strings on my right hand controlling Crow's head and the ones on my left controlling it's body, I directed him towards the rock you pointed at. During mid flight, I protruded the spike out of Crow's mouth and waited until I got close enough to the rock too separate the the head from the body. The body went straight at the rock while the head flew over it. I turned the spike side of the head around to the rock and reeled it in so it can attack it from behind.

A better way I could have done this was to wait until the head is behind the rock and then protrude the spike from it's mouth. In this way, the opponent would be busy defending from the impact of the puppet's body slamming to them while oblivious to the spike behind them that is about to attack them.

Another move you can add to this to make a great combo is the Wild Dance Technique. The technique allows you to spin Crow like a beyblade and either slap the target continuously or drill them back. The technique necessarily doesn't need the head to be effective, so the head will be free to use the Sudden Crow Beak technique and create an effective and unanticipated back and front combo attack. You can also replace the Wild Dance Technique with the Puppet Scatter Shot Technique. One last thing, if you have sensory abilities like my bio, you can throw in a smoke bomb to make the combo that more difficult to avoid or counter.

Drawbacks

I couldn't really figure out any drawbacks for the technique itself. One of them I thought of was that the user will be wide open to any attack, but that's a drawback for almost any puppetry move. Another one I thought of but is more of a counter than a drawback is that the target can use chidori nagashi and basically destroy my puppet since it's just regular wood.

Questions:

1. If a puppet gets destroyed in battle, can it reassemble or is it out for the entire battle?

2. Can you use elemental techs and puppetry techs at the same time?

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Beyblades.... Man, that takes me back. Kai FTW. Ray was pretty cool too. <.< Bonus points for the nostalgia. U_U

Those are some very good ways to use this technique... However, as for drawbacks, your opponent can see the chakra string attached to the head, meaning that surprise attacks only truly are obtained in smoke, or if you can really distract them with the puppet body. As for your questions, if a part of a puppet body is actually destroyed, you cannot manipulate it. However, if a puppet's right arm, let's say, breaks, you can use your chakra strings to manipulate the rest of the puppet without the arm. Disassembling the puppet in this state is also strategic. And no, you cannot use elemental techniques unless you have a puppet which can utilize elements due to the amount of concentration. You can, however, break the chakra strings, use the elemental techniques you wish, and then re-attach your strings to a puppet quickly again. However, this uses a move, and is often not appealing. As long as you are using the Chakra String technique, you cannot utilize other techniques from yourself; only from your puppets.
(Kyū Karasukuchibashi) - Sudden Crow Beak
Type: Attack
Range: short
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points 30
Description: The user detaches the head of his puppet, Crow, just as the opponent is approaching. The head then projects a spike from its mouth and stabs the opponent.
Now, this next technique is generic and applicable to all puppets. The technique uses your chakra to split a puppet's arm and create four planks from the limb, with a skeletal "bone" down the middle holding the puppet's limb together. From there, each of the planks will rise, and chakra will form to fill in the gaps between the planks in a large circle, creating an umbrella-like shield of chakra from the limb to protect you. Just as before, creative uses and drawbacks are requested.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I manipulated Crow and moved its upper right arm outwards in front. One by one, four narrow rectangular segments popped up on Crow's arm which resembled a cross. I then channeled some of my chakra into the four segments which created a shroud of chakra around them, and then used shape manipulation to form it into a solid round shield of pure chakra.

Creative uses:

I don't see any ways for me to use this move creatively.

Drawbacks:

It's a shield that doesn't even cover the whole body (based on the pictures I've seen), and it's only good enough to defend against ninja tools and C rank and below elemental jutsus. And seeing that us puppeteers can't use elemental jutsus while controlling puppets, this is a really poor alternative for defense.

Questions:

Can the shield be made in different sizes, or is it limited to the size of the four segments?

I wish I can put more substance in this post, but this jutsu is just too simple. :(

Last edited:

Sharingdork

Legendary
Kin
70💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The size of the shield is limited to your puppet's arm length or shorter. Meaning that puppets with unbelievably long arms could defend their entire body with this technique, but it would still be a weak defense. Honestly, the Salamander puppet over there is a better defense than this technique, though this can sometimes save your puppet from being utterly destroyed. Also, as normal chakra is weak to elemental chakra, we can only defend from D-rank elemental techniques with it.
(Chakra No Tate) - Chakra Shield
Type: Defensive
Description: The puppets arm will pop out in four different directions in almost an umbrella-like manner. The arm segments will surround the puppets hand, and from those segments, chakra will emit, each one making one fourth of an entire circle, making a shield of pure chakra.
These next two techniques are very similar to one another, so I'll teach them together. Within your puppet's mouth, near that blade that can come out, is a cannon-like mechanism which is attached to at least two compartments within the body of your puppet. Using your chakra strings, cause the cannon to attach to each of these compartments, one at a time, and then activate the firing mechanism imbedded within Crow. The one compartment contains poison-tipped senbon, and the other contains a poisonous smokescreen. Familiarize yourself with which compartment is which, and then find useful ways to use these either together or apart, and the inherent drawbacks of each.

OG Smoove

Legendary
Kin
14💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I send Crow out as far as I can which is of course mid range. My right hand is controlling the body and my left is controlling the pipe that runs from Crow's mouth to the two compartments, and the trigger that fires the contents within the compartments. I move my right hand up to rise Crow up 5 meters, and then use my left hand to expose the pipe out of Crow's already widen mouth. I first connect the pipe to the compartment containing the poison tip senbons, and then pull on trigger to release a torrent of senbons flying narrowly across the filed. I stop after 3 seconds because I didn't want to use them all up after one use. I remove the pipe from the senbon compartment and then connect it to the other compartment which contains poisonous smoke bombs. Again, I pull on the trigger and release a barrage of smoke bombs at mid range to prevent myself my inhaling a small amount of it. The smoke bombs emit a purple mist of poisonous smoke which proceeded to cover up the whole of mid range. Sasori then use a Wind jutsu to disperse the smoke to prevent any accidents. I retract the pipe back into Crow's throat and then use my right hand to pull Crow back to my side.

Creative uses:

• The obvious combo utilizing the two moves together is to blind the opponent with the poison smoke and then continuously fire senbons at the smoke with a possibility of hitting the target. However, if you have sensing skills like I do, you can pinpoint the location of the target and dump all the senbons on him. Even if the target have a sharingan or sensory skills, they wouldn't be able to detect them because they don't contain chakra.

• Now for the senbons, you can move around Crow's head to cover more ground with the senbons and even make it omni-directional. You can do the same thing with the smoke bombs. It be best if you use the senbons while Crow is up in the air, and then use a second puppet to attack from the ground to stir the target's focus in two different places.

Drawbacks:

• One drawback for using either of these techniques is that you'll leave yourself open to attacks. You can prevent this by using Salamander as a shield to hide behind.

• You won't be able to remove the head from its body while using either of the moves.