Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re: PhotM #1: Discussion Thread

the thing that the pictures have to be about naruto kind takes some of creativity out... I know this is slightly different, but when I proposed about this competition, I said it would need something to prove it's your pictures

In order to prove they made it, they would just need something next to it saying the name of the contest (example: AotW: #100), or something else, dunno (maybe no need to)....

In order to explain this better, I decided to take a picture, let's say my theme was the london olympics, this picture would be part of my album:

You must be registered for see images

This was just example, so the particapant could do whatever they wanted to do... I haven't got a camera (gave it to my brother) but got one one my phone, i think everyone would be able to take the pictures, wheter with their camera, phone/ipod/etc camera, webcam, maybe borrow it from a friend....
I own nothing about naruto, the only way would have to take pictures of my screen, but that wouldn't be too original and not much room for creativity...

Last edited:

Alice in Noodleland

Veteran
Kin
5,003💸
Kumi
70💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I am looking forward to see your entries....
chiharu i hope you like my pictures.

Actually , the first picture was the only one that remained on my original concept.

The last two are rushed works, esp the last one. Just spur of the moment.

PHOTO TRIVIA .

First one . The besT landmark here in Pisa, where I'm currently staying.

2nd picture .

I was walking back home and just saw the sunset and there goes the second pic.
The tower at the BG .. was the municipal hall. If you had been here in Pisa, it was the Tower clock facing the middle bridge, that connects the two sides of the town.

3rd pic .

You can see something very familiar. I just printed the K11 group pics And the air mail envelope lol.

Books are mine and added some of my accessories and hairpins.

Last edited:

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Actually , the first picture was the only one that remained on my original concept.

PHOTO TRIVIA .

2nd picture .

The tower at the BG .. was the municipal hall. If you had been here in Pisa, it was the Tower clock facing the middle bridge, that connects the two sides of the town.

3rd pic .

You can see something very familiar. I just printed the K11 group pics And the air mail envelope lol.

Those were some great pics Janin! :cool:

Aertes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

the thing that the pictures have to be about naruto kind takes some of creativity out... I know this is slightly different, but when I proposed about this competition, I said it would need something to prove it's your pictures
I own nothing about naruto, the only way would have to take pictures of my screen, but that wouldn't be too original and not much room for creativity...
Hm, the pictures don't have to be about Naruto they have to be related to Narutobase. I think it's nice to have that kind of limitation, it gives a certain guideline and it's easier to compare and choose the best pic when the theme has a common variable.
I too don't have something Naruto related (which again isn't the theme of this contest) but I, as others did too, found a way to place NB into pictures without having to shoot a screen or a phone with the page open. If you think outside the box you will find many things to do.

PHOTO TRIVIA .

2nd picture .

3rd pic .

Yes, they are great.

I really like that Narutobase "creation" and the way you used the light in the first two photos.
The third one looks kinda off topic with the other two, but the concept behind the pic is nice, as the final result too.

Hmm, I think I will need to step up my game to compete with you next time Janin.=D

Alice in Noodleland

Veteran
Kin
5,003💸
Kumi
70💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yes, they are great.

I really like that Narutobase "creation" and the way you used the light in the first two photos.
The third one looks kinda off topic with the other two, but the concept behind the pic is nice, as the final result too.

Hmm, I think I will need to step up my game to compete with you next time Janin.=D
i bought the letters from souvenier stores.
it was hard to take the first picture because the tower was so crowded. lol.

for the colors, I just used the avenue theme in photobucket for all the 3 pictures.

and oh wait.. is that your feet on the second pic ? Beware of Tendou00 lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tendou00

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Make this a weekly contest. I cannot wait all month for the voting. U_U
No way for me atleast. First the voting needs to be fair. Since it's a public poll, short span of time might turn it into a popularity poll. With longer amount of voting time, more deserved winners will be chosen.

Second reason, you'll relate to it easily - we need time to make proper photos. You saw yourself, how you couldn't make submissions despite that amount of time given to you. I don't think, shortening the time, will help your case. Quite the contrary. And I say that, on personal level too...Unfortunately, I couldn't do the submission I wanted to, as I couldn't go outside in recent weeks... Thereby, I had to rush my submission and do an indoor photoshoot with a cliched NB screen; plus with awful lightning.

So, no thanks to decreasing time period. Hopefully, I aim to do a much more satisfactory submission next time...And I'll prefer that submission deadline is not shortened.

Last thing, I think we know, by now, that making it to the Voting will be tough. The level will be increased as week passes by, and hopefully, as the Contest gains popularity. So, take the good amount of submission time, to propose great photos :)

King-Panda

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Yeah weekly would be bad, not much time for voting and doing your thing. So between when it comes to time, excess of it will be better than dearth of it, lack of it.. But every 2 weeks or 3 weeks could do too I guess

Hm, the pictures don't have to be about Naruto they have to be related to Narutobase. I think it's nice to have that kind of limitation, it gives a certain guideline and it's easier to compare and choose the best pic when the theme has a common variable.
I too don't have something Naruto related (which again isn't the theme of this contest) but I, as others did too, found a way to place NB into pictures without having to shoot a screen or a phone with the page open. If you think outside the box you will find many things to do.
I meant NarutoBase, not just naruto, my bad... If you think about it, there's not much room for creativity... I thought of some stuff, but then for most of them I'd have to take a screen shot or picture with my phone with me being at NB. But maybe you are right, make us have to be even more creative.

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Why don't you do it 2 weeks submitting and 1 week voting? 3 weeks total is not much but not too short either.

2 weeks for 3 pictures is much more than enough.

One doesn't even need 3 pictures to participate since only 1 is gonna be used if he/she is chosen. I hope it is like this anyway because having the participants make 3 pictures to participate and then choosing only one is absurd.

Aertes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Make this a weekly contest. I cannot wait all month for the voting. U_U
Nope, this will only help to decrease the quality of the submissions.

I meant NarutoBase, not just naruto, my bad... If you think about it, there's not much room for creativity... I thought of some stuff, but then for most of them I'd have to take a screen shot or picture with my phone with me being at NB. But maybe you are right, make us have to be even more creative.
Hm, I will have to disagree again. In you suggestion you said that you have to make something, like an authenticity sign, to prove the picture was taken from you. This is the same case but instead of having to create something on your own you just have to embed a sign of Narutobase.I don't think this affects creativity that much.
Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Why don't you do it 2 weeks submitting and 1 week voting? 3 weeks total is not much but not too short either.

2 weeks for 3 pictures is much more than enough.

One doesn't even need 3 pictures to participate since only 1 is gonna be used if he/she is chosen. I hope it is like this anyway because having the participants make 3 pictures to participate and then choosing only one is absurd.
2 weeks is not really much time. It's hard to actually create what you have in mind. The contest is new and I see many people submitting pictures without fully understanding the rules, I say we give it as much time as possible.
Making it a monthly contest with 2-3 submiting weeks and 2-1 voting is the best I think.
Also, I think you don't need 3 pictures, you can only submit one but having tree options to choose is good for the participants, they have more chances to get in the final poll.

I feel like the rules need to be more clear. There are many people who seem to be confused about them.

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

2 weeks is not really much time. It's hard to actually create what you have in mind. The contest is new and I see many people submitting pictures without fully understanding the rules, I say we give it as much time as possible.
Making it a monthly contest with 2-3 submiting weeks and 2-1 voting is the best I think.
Also, I think you don't need 3 pictures, you can only submit one but having tree options to choose is good for the participants, they have more chances to get in the final poll.
Two whole weeks for just 3 photos (IF one wants to take 3) is actually even too much but given that the members don't have that much experience it's enough.
Basically once you have the idea the capturing of the photos takes 3 days maximum, with less than half an hour for each photo. So to find 3 days and 90 minutes in them in 2 weeks is easy-peasy. The process might actually be enjoyable too, which is one of the goals of the contest.
I understand that the members are not professionals but the images aren't supposed to be professional quality either, as Scorps has mentioned, since that's not the purpose of the contest.

If you think 2 weeks is too short then have it be 3 weeks and 1 week for voting. If you think voting for 1 week is not enough, as Escorpiius said, then have it be 2 weeks submitting 2 weeks voting as Janin suggested above.

One month to submit is just waaaaaay too much.

Last edited:

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I may reduce voting time but not submission time. The contest is good and it has gotten a suprisingly success for its first run but making it weekly will make the contest soon derail. I doubt we can get people to enter each week in enough numbers to make it work.

As for the theme and the whole NB reduces creativity thing... you can put anything NB related. Photm, the name of a village, your nick name, whatever. As long as its shown in a way that it was something taken specifically for this contest and not something that you randomly googled.

Jannin, chiharu, thoth and others have shown that its feasible, possible and that excellent moments can be captured while still having that "limitation".

I might however, consider a different approach like giving a word or giving a character or something that you need to incorporate into the moment to make it legit but for now, the next ones I think will be kept within this broad theme.

Nocturne

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Another Query.
Don't you think according to the chosen submission "that are only 3" are a little too less compared to the prices given. I mean A medal for both 1st and 2nd place and only a username change for 3rd?
Maybe you can think on the no. of chosen submissions once more. Or maybe you can change the medal to only 1st place.

Alice in Noodleland

Veteran
Kin
5,003💸
Kumi
70💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I hope King Candy comes up with a good theme after his vacation.=D

We need to reduce either the submission or voting time in order to make this contest Monthly in real sense of words.

In my opinion 2 weeks is enough...more than enough to make 3 photos.
I made my submission in span of 4 hours. But I wrote down my ideas on a note a week before.

If there's a will there's a way.

King-Panda

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

wooah, 76 voters so far! madness!

sorry if i missed something, was it there just 3 people submitting or more, and scorps chose the best 3?