guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is part 2. Once again I worked with mister Behemoth55 so please also give him a ton of credit. It's rather long but please take the time to read it all =D

Here is part 1 if you haven't seen it:

Dōjutsu are anomalies which are caused by Kekkei Genkai in the eyes of a bearer. To wake a Dōjutsu, different conditions must be fulfilled. There are three Sandai Dōjutsu- the Sharingan, Byakugan and the Rinnegan.

Sharingan:

If an Uchiha has strong feelings like friendship or love for a person and this person is in a danger or was killed, the brain of the Uchiha releases a special Chakra. This Chakra influences the optical nerves and causes a change in the eyes of the Uchiha. That's how the Sharingan seems to work.

If the Sharingan is activated, it colours the irises red and black drops arrange themselves in a circle around the pupil, the so-called "Tomoe". The number of the Tomoe with the first activation varies for unknown reasons between the bearers, all together three Tomoe per eye can be reached. The number of the Tomoe is an indicator for the strength of the abilities of the eye.

An eye which looks similar to the Sharingan appeared for the first time as an eye of the Shinju/Jūbi. This eye had like the Sharingan a red iris, indeed, but also had whole three rings around the pupil and in each case three Tomoe in each of the rings. Kaguya Ōtsutsuki, the mother of Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki, had also a Sharingan with three rings and nine Tomoe manifested in the third eye on her forehead. She was able to use this eye for a special genjutsu which is known as Mugen Tsukuyomi.

Rinnegan:

The Rinnegan exists since beginning of Chakra and is the origin of ninjutsu. It is called divine creation which was sent to the world by the sky when the world sank into chaos. The bearer of these eyes can become the peace-bringing creator, but also to the destroyer which destroys everything.

The basic Jutsu of the Rinnegan is the Rikudō no Jutsu, the seven different Jutsus which are also called paths.
Sasuke Uchiha now has a Rinnegan in his left eye, after he met Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki. Nevertheless, this Rinnegan also owns the Tomoe typical for a Sharingan.

According to chapter 678 the eye with nine Tomoe is also a Rinnegan, but Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki said it's a Sharingan. Sasuke Uchiha could achieve an eye similar to Jūbis due to Hagoromos chakra. That's also a Rinnegan. Kabuto Yakushi said in chapter 560 that the Rinnegan originates from the Sharingan.

It's my belief that every Rinnegan is also a Sharingan, but not every Sharingan is also a Rinnegan. Sounds crazy, sure, but why should Kishimoto-sensei declare Kaguyas eye as a Sharingan and Rinnegan? I think, Hagoromos Rinnegan and the Sasukes red Rinnegan are basically one and the same.
The reason why Sasuke could achieve a Rinnegan with Tomoe is due to Hagoromos {hermit chakra} of the six path's. Due to Hagoromos chakra+ nature energy, Sasukes chakra signature got closer to Jūbis.

Madara Uchiha has gotten the Rinnegan due to Indoras and Ashuras chakra, the final outcome is Hagoromos chakra actually. However, in this case there is no nature energy involved, but only the base chakra.
The reason why Hagoromo didn't have a red Rinnegan could be the same, but I'm not really sure either. So it would be nice to know what you think.

As we know Hagromo was born with his mothers chakra inside his body.

This chakra should be hermit chakra actually. To be correct- the hermit chakra of the six path's. Therefore I could be wrong though and Sasuke got the red Rinnegan due to a different reason.

Then there is the third eye. The eye which is used for Mugen Tsukuyomi.

To achieve those eye, you need the power of the samsara. The term samsara refers to the six path's.

You must be registered for see images

There are a few powers directly related to the six path's~

-the samsara eye, also known as the Rinnegan. It holds the ability to use six path's.
-the senjutsu of the six path's(that's Narutos new hermit mode)
-and the hermit chakra of the six path's(Narutos and Sasukes new chakra)

I think, you need all three abilities to get the third eye. Madara received the chakra and senjutsu because of the Jūbi/Shinju.
As I have said it before, Sasuke said in chapter 678 that third eye is also a Rinnegan.

Byakugan: (last body of text I promise haha)
The Byakugan is a Kekkei Genkai of the category Dōjutsu. We believe that the first owner of these special eyes was Kaguya Ōtsutsuki given the extent of the knowledge we have on the manga. After her, the only appearance that we have seen of the Byakugan was years later with the members of the Hyūga clan.

The Byakugan lends to the user the ability to see through respectable materials, his sight raises, can make the Keirakukei in the body of every living being visible and gives to the user thereby explanation about their condition.

I think, the Byakugan isn't part of the "Shinju concept" like the Rinnegan and the Sharingan. There is one important difference between the byakugan and the sharingan. To awake the Sharingan some kind of trauma is required. However, in the case of the Byakugan it's different. Every child of the Hyūga has those 'white eyes' since its birth. It seems even without the concept of chakra. Therefore, the Byakugan has probably a different origin which imo is connected to Kaguya Ōtsutsuki.

Now for kaguya, I'm suspicious of Hagoromo’s way of speaking about his mother.
He said, she came from a far away place to pick up the fruit of the Shinju. Naruto’s question, if she is an alien, actually makes sense, but instead hagoromo just said that it was not important, which is curious.

I wouldn’t go so far to say that Kaguya came from a different planet (although it could be true lol), but I'm sure she was originally part of a different culture. A folk with own special abilities~ the Byakugan. Again, the Byakugan has one important difference compared to the Sharingan: Instead of being activated, Every child has those 'white eyes' since birth. There are probably some uchihas that never even get the sharingan.

I have asked myself why Kaguya knew about the tree and its fruit and in my opinion there are two possibilities:

1. Kaguya could see the chakra of the fruit with her Byakugan even from a far away place. That would also mean that her abilities to handle her eye power were even without the chakra fruit unique compared to Hyūga.

2. The Shinju is also part of her own folks culture. She and her people knew of the tree because they planted the tree in the first place. The aristocrats of that culture would then come to pick up the fruit of the holy tree. That was the 'Princess' Kaguya Ōtsutsuki.
Taking all that into account, I think that Kaguya already had the byakugan and that it comes directly from her or her lineage while the sharingan is related to the shinju.

We would love to know what you guys think about all this. For example, what do you think about the origin of each dojustu, etc. Hopefully it wasn’t too long. Thank you.

additional interesting note:
It's also pretty interesting that every Dōjtsu of the Sandai Dōjutsu holds a special affinity.

-Sharingan=Genjutsu(Inton)
-Rinnegan= Ninjutsu(Inyōton)
-Byakugan= Taijutsu

Last edited:

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good work both Guts and Behemoth! I think it's pretty amazing how Kishi sets these things up. Rinnegan originating from sharingan. And byakugan being in it's own class. But it would be awesome to see these three powers combined which is why I'm so pumped for the next chapter!

SIR HERDERP PRESIDERP SDO

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is plausible, though it begs the question: If Kaguya had the Byakugan before consuming the Fruit, wouldn't that imply that the said Doujutsu was not birthed from Chakra like the other KKGs and is actually alien in origin?

Reactions: flyboyissac

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good work both Guts and Behemoth! I think it's pretty amazing how Kishi sets these things up. Rinnegan originating from sharingan. And byakugan being in it's own class. But it would be awesome to see these three powers combined which is why I'm so pumped for the next chapter!
Thank you spidey. It means a lot man. I also can't wait to see what the combination is like!

Ψ Veritas Ψ

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your statement about the three Dojutsus and their affinities is something I have also believed as far as I can remember, and to know that we have come to the same conclusion makes it all the more viable =D

Regarding the relation between rinnegan and sharingan, I think you make a valid point in saying they are dependent on the chakra type, afterall, senjutsu itself somehow enhances ones visual powers , so you could say Six path senjutsu + sharingan = rinnegan, an enhancement of the prior.

Great thread, worthy of praise

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is plausible, though it begs the question: If Kaguya had the Byakugan before consuming the Fruit, wouldn't that imply that the said Doujutsu was not birthed from Chakra like the other KKGs and is actually alien in origin?
hm.... interesting. But what if the mystery lies behind the fact that she came from a "faraway place". That would imply that she is different and somehow her and maybe also her people already had the byakugan.

Also maybe if the shinju was actually part of her people's culture maybe they somehow already had chakra. What do you think?

great point btw :sweat:

Ψ Veritas Ψ

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hm.... interesting. But what if the mystery lies behind the fact that she came from a "faraway place". That would imply that she is different and somehow her and maybe also her people already had the byakugan.

Also maybe if the shinju was actually part of her people's culture maybe they somehow already had chakra. What do you think?

great point btw :sweat:
dont worry leave the origins for me, im cooking up the answer to all origins mega theory =D

SIR HERDERP PRESIDERP SDO

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yes, I do believe the Ootsutsuki People are connected to the Shinju, I would go so far as to say they were the "spiritual guardians" of the Tree itself, and that Kaguya transgressed her people's laws by consuming its Fruit (and would explain why she had access and knowledge about the power it grants)

Zealous Sparks

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could it be that Kaguya had eyes that looked like the Byakugan, and after she consumed the fruit, those eyes mutated, gaining the ocular abilities of the Byakugan? Since the eyes were already an inherent characteristic of Kaguya, that might explain why the Hyuuga's have the veins around their eyes bulge when they activate their dojutsu, unlike the Rinnegan or Sharingan.

OT: BTW Great work as usual guts. :) Though that line "All Rinnegan are Sharingan, but not all Sharingan are Rinnegan" it reminds me too much of geometry. And for Sasuke gaining the Rinnegan, I like to think that Kabuto giving Sasuke Hashi's cells, and Obito giving Naruto the bijuu chakras gave them the potential for the Rinnegan/Six Paths Senjutsu, but it was Hagoromo's chakra which awakened them.

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, I do believe the Ootsutsuki People are connected to the Shinju, I would go so far as to say they were the "spiritual guardians" of the Tree itself, and that Kaguya transgressed her people's laws by consuming its Fruit (and would explain why she had access and knowledge about the power it grants)
Well I do agree with what you said right there, that's for sure. Do you think she or even all the ootsutsuki people had the byakugan before that?

I'm not completely sure which is why I left it as a discussion.

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your statement about the three Dojutsus and their affinities is something I have also believed as far as I can remember, and to know that we have come to the same conclusion makes it all the more viable =D

Regarding the relation between rinnegan and sharingan, I think you make a valid point in saying they are dependent on the chakra type, afterall, senjutsu itself somehow enhances ones visual powers , so you could say Six path senjutsu + sharingan = rinnegan, an enhancement of the prior.

Great thread, worthy of praise
Well thank you very much V! I do believe that is the case. What do you think about the requisites that we stated for the third eye?

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could it be that Kaguya had eyes that looked like the Byakugan, and after she consumed the fruit, those eyes mutated, gaining the ocular abilities of the Byakugan? Since the eyes were already an inherent characteristic of Kaguya, that might explain why the Hyuuga's have the veins around their eyes bulge when they activate their dojutsu, unlike the Rinnegan or Sharingan.

OT: BTW Great work as usual guts. :) Though that line "All Rinnegan are Sharingan, but not all Sharingan are Rinnegan" it reminds me too much of geometry. And for Sasuke gaining the Rinnegan, I like to think that Kabuto giving Sasuke Hashi's cells, and Obito giving Naruto the bijuu chakras gave them the potential for the Rinnegan/Six Paths Senjutsu, but it was Hagoromo's chakra which awakened them.
Thanks sparks. I take it you are not a big fan of geometry lol. What you said about Kaguya getting the byakugan does sound possible indeed. Maybe they already had eyes that looked like or even was byakugan but she only had the byakugan that we know after she consumed the fruit.

I do think that too regarding sasuke receiving hashi's cells but at the same time, Obito wasn't able to unlock the rinnegan himself so I would say there is more to it, like you also pointed out=D

Ψ Veritas Ψ

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well thank you very much V! I do believe that is the case. What do you think about the requisites that we stated for the third eye?
I agree with hermit chakra and rinnegan as requisites, however im uncertain what u mean by the third one "hermit mode" is it not the hermit chakra that causes the hermit mode? or do you mean the NON-BASE Chakra "aka hermit senjutsu" and the base chakra "aka hermit chakra"

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I knew it would be, but doujutsu theories r really confusing :mad:_@:

1st a minor problem-the Rinnengan isn't the origin of ninjutsu, the sage created ninshuu

Also, I just call Kaguya's third eye the sharingan of origin. The Sage's rinnengan is like like you said is weaker than Kaguya's, but focus on in'youton while the 9T sharingan is most likely focused on Inton focused. That being said I doubt seeing how the Rinnengan originated from the 9T sharingan I doubt that it is inferior to the rinnengan in anyway.

If my theory is right then Sasuke's eye and Kaguya's is one and the same. If you note here you will see that Sasuke's eye was indeed depicted as having 9 tomoe.
I believe that in this instance Sasuke was depicted to have 9 tomoe as a way to show its equality with Naruto's new cloak. It is possible that the power of 9T sharingan is split between both of Sasuke's eyes (a 6T Rinnengan+3T Sharingan=9T)

Also, Kaguya on two occasions has shown her ability to teleport the same way that Sasuke can.
1st- she teleported right next to Sakura (When Sasuke and Naruto hit the ground she was already beside Sakura)

2nd-

Though this is a really great thread as usual

Sorry I am still reading. I havent gotten to the byakugan part

2. The Shinju is also part of her own folks culture. She and her people knew of the tree because they planted the tree in the first place. The aristocrats of that culture would then come to pick up the fruit of the holy tree. That was the 'Princess' Kaguya Ōtsutsuki.
@bold is the most plausible part, but don't forget that the Juubi is the supposed progenitor. If so I doubt it was planted by anyone.

The byakugan being Kaguya's own before eating the fruit is very plausible. In fact it is most likely the case.

Last edited:

Ψ Veritas Ψ

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks sparks. I take it you are not a big fan of geometry lol. What you said about Kaguya getting the byakugan does sound possible indeed. Maybe they already had eyes that looked like or even was byakugan but she only had the byakugan that we know after she consumed the fruit.

I do think that too regarding sasuke receiving hashi's cells but at the same time, Obito wasn't able to unlock the rinnegan himself so I would say there is more to it, like you also pointed out=D
obito wasnt able to awaken rinnegan because he wasnt a reincarnation of indra.

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with hermit chakra and rinnegan as requisites, however im uncertain what u mean by the third one "hermit mode" is it not the hermit chakra that causes the hermit mode? or do you mean the NON-BASE Chakra "aka hermit senjutsu" and the base chakra "aka hermit chakra"
I was referring to the nature energy that comes from the jubi. Madara was able to unlock the eye when he "became one" with the complete jubi. Hagoromo, being the jubi's jinchuriki at the time, probably has the same senjustu chakra which he gave to naruto. Kaguya had all that power once she consumed the fruit which would explain how she had it. Could be that if sasuke received the sage chakra that naruto received, he would also be able to unlock the third eye. Does that make more sense?

Ψ Veritas Ψ

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was referring to the nature energy that comes from the jubi. Madara was able to unlock the eye when he "became one" with the complete jubi. Hagoromo, being the jubi's jinchuriki at the time, probably has the same senjustu chakra which he gave to naruto. Kaguya had all that power once she consumed the fruit which would explain how she had it. Could be that if sasuke received the sage chakra that naruto received, he would also be able to unlock the third eye. Does that make more sense?
I already know that. You divided the requisites into samsara, hermit mode, and hermit chakra, and i asked what the difference was between the latter two, but lets put that aside for a moment. First of all you do know that hagoromo split his own chakra into yin and yang right? so if u take sasukes yin and add it to narutos yang "minus tb" then you have hagoromos senjutsu, hermit mode
however as u said samsara is needed as well, so considering sasuke already has the samsara aka rinnegan, then giving him narutos chakra by your theory should awaken the third eye am i right?
i say possibly, because if this is the case why didnt the sage awaken the third eye? or are u saying that he did?

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I knew it would be, but doujutsu theories r really confusing :mad:_@:

1st a minor problem-the Rinnengan isn't the origin of ninjutsu, the sage created ninshuu

Also, I just call Kaguya's third eye the sharingan of origin. The Sage's rinnengan is like like you said is weaker than Kaguya's, but focus on in'youton while the 9T sharingan is most likely focused on Inton focused. That being said I doubt seeing how the Rinnengan originated from the 9T sharingan I doubt that it is inferior to the rinnengan in anyway.

If my theory is right then Sasuke's eye and Kaguya's is one and the same. If you note here you will see that Sasuke's eye was indeed depicted as having 9 tomoe.
I believe that in this instance Sasuke was depicted to have 9 tomoe as a way to show its equality with Naruto's new cloak. It is possible that the power of 9T sharingan is split between both of Sasuke's eyes (a 6T Rinnengan+3T Sharingan=9T)

Also, Kaguya on two occasions has shown her ability to teleport the same way that Sasuke can.
1st- she teleported right next to Sakura (When Sasuke and Naruto hit the ground she was already beside Sakura)

2nd-

Though this is a really great thread as usual

Sorry I am still reading. I havent gotten to the byakugan part
Thank you shiro!

What I meant is the rinnegan exists since the beginning of chakra and the sage had the rinnegan when he created ninshuu.

I don't disagree with what you said about sasuke's sharingan but I don't think it takes away from it also being a rinnegan from what I explained.

It does seem like sasuke has similar powers to kaguya with his new eye, but it doesn't seem to be as powerful. I think maybe it's more equivalent to hagoromo's rinnegan which is why he got closer but is not as powerful as kaguya

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you shiro!

What I meant is the rinnegan exists since the beginning of chakra and the sage had the rinnegan when he created ninshuu.

I don't disagree with what you said about sasuke's sharingan but I don't think it takes away from it also being a rinnegan from what I explained.

It does seem like sasuke has similar powers to kaguya with his new eye, but it doesn't seem to be as powerful. I think maybe it's more equivalent to hagoromo's rinnegan which is why he got closer but is not as powerful as kaguya
Being the Juubi host increases ocular prowess. That and its KAGUYA! I wouldn't even expect Madara being a juubi jinchuuriki with both rinnengan to come anywhere near Kaguya's level.

Also, 6T=Rinnengan, but 9T=Sharingan :mad:_@: that is what seems to be the deal, but all in all 3 tomoe being the only difference is really weird, but it could be that The power of Sasuke's eyes was broken up in order to access both the abilities of the sharingan and the rinnengan and together they show the power of the 9T. (Sasuke is gonna have to cast a rinnengan genjutsu to counter IT.

Last edited: