Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey everyone,

This is part 2 of my thread which will focus on peace and the way to achieve peace in the Naruto world. It took me forever to do all the research and put this together so I would really appreciate it if you could read it all(yes I know it's pretty long but it's very interesting =D).
Also, if you haven’t seen it, I recommend you read part 1, , which deals with hatred in NV.

now on with part 2!

I want to establish some similarities between Buddhism and the story of Naruto. In Buddhism, there is something known as samsara, meaning “continuous flow” which refers to the repeated cycle of birth, life, and death. Within buddhism, samsara is characterized by suffering. The bhavacakra, or the wheel of life, is a symbolic representation of samsara and it is made of 6 realms. The wheel is held by a wrathful monster and above the wheel is an image of the moon. The moon represents liberation from the sufferings of samsara.

Now how does this relate to Naruto?

After understanding the connection with Buddhism, it is pretty easy to decipher it. The six realms= the six paths. The world has been stuck in a cycle of hatred (the wheel of samsara) in which the 6 sages were the only ones able to do something about it but as they failed, the cycle continued and the wheel kept going. The source of that suffering is the wrathful monster aka the juubi and in my opinion, kaguya.

Question is how do you break that cycle of suffering and reach liberation?

[video=youtube;asFvPIKBoaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asFvPIKBoaI[/video]
credit to mohdzarif for the video. Thanks man=D

In Buddhism, The six realms all have a specific pain and are stuck in a cycle of suffering. They must deal with that to achieve liberation. In naruto it is the six paths – the six sages – Hagoromo,Madara, Nagato, Obito, Sasuke, and Naruto. They all have had specific pains to represent that suffering. Samsara is a continuous flow so since they are part of the wheel, if nothing changes, that pain and hate will keep going. Something needs to be different in order to achieve liberation and that one thing is…Naruto.

What sets Naruto apart is that he has been through each pain of each realm and he has not fallen to hatred, in fact, He has been able to bring peace to them.

Nagato: read to page 17

Obito: read to page 18

Hagoromo: who now sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

And it is my belief that at the very end, Madara will also see that he was wrong and believe in Naruto.

Now what about sasuke? Isn’t a he friends with Naruto now? Isn’t he also gonna bring peace? The answer is yes and no.
There is also one more thing to the hatred present in the world. Samsara also refers to the repeated cycle of birth, life, and death which is also considered as reincarnation.

What a coincidence, a cycle of hatred through reincarnation. Now I believe that together Naruto and sasuke will put an end to the cycle of hate between the uchiha and senju which has been present for all long time and has thrown the whole world to war.

However,

I believe sasuke has other plans. He has seen the tablet with the EMS, the same way madara saw it back then, so technically he has seen the same thing that made madara lose faith. I believe that Sasuke had a similar reaction but obviously he believes in another outcome than madara.

Remember the moon symbolism liberation/ enlightenment and in this case peace, well take a look…

Naruto has a full moon on his hand just like on the painting of the wheel of samsara which symbolizes liberation/ enlightenment while Sasuke only has a half moon. I believe that Sasuke will only go halfway towards true peace. He will bring an end to the cycle of hatred between the Uchiha and the Senju along with Naruto but he will not put an end to the overall cycle of hatred in the world represented by the wheel of samsara because in my opinion, he still believes that such peace doesn’t exist because of what he has seen on the tablet.

I still think the toad sage was referring to Sasuke when he said you will fight someone with great power in his eyes which means that Naruto will fight Sasuke, and he will also make Sasuke believe in peace, the same way he will have done with Nagato, Obito, Hagoromo and Madara in the process.

That is the way to peace! As long as people believe in peace there is a chance it might happen and if enough people believe in it then it will surpass hatred.

When Pein attacked konoha, Naruto still wanted to kill Nagato for what he did, but he decided to believe in the peace that Jiraiya believed in and he knew that he shouldn’t kill him in order to break the cycle. As a result, what happened? Nagato believed in Naruto, the same way everyone else believes in Naruto. This symbolize the way to achieve peace: believe in it.

He might just be a stupid kid but he is also the savior and because of his belief in peace and his influence on others, he will bring enlightenment and peace to the world.

If you made it all the way thank you so much for reading and if you read both parts I appreciate it even more.
Let me know what you guys think.

Melania

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Amazing thread! We think alike too it seems. I loved reading it! Very detailed and filled with fascinating information. Thanks for sharing!

Mark Sanchez

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Peace can be attained. The problem is that it does not last forever because humans are imperfect creatures. We are selfish beings seeking perfection at any cost

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Peace can be attained. The problem is that it does not last forever because humans are imperfect creatures. We are selfish beings seeking perfection at any cost
The answer is obvious, to achieve eternal peace, we need to change human nature, and that only be done through science.
True and the manga obviously hints at that all the time with the cycle of hatred that has been going on forever. But why can't peace last forever? if enough people believe in it and that is the belief that we install in the next generation, then we will be able to have a peace that last in my opinion.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey everyone,

This is part 2 of my thread which will focus on peace and the way to achieve peace in the Naruto world. It took me forever to do all the research and put this together so I would really appreciate it if you could read it all(yes I know it's pretty long but it's very interesting =D).
Also, if you haven’t seen it, I recommend you read part 1, , which deals with hatred in NV.

now on with part 2!

I want to establish some similarities between Buddhism and the story of Naruto. In Buddhism, there is something known as samsara, meaning “continuous flow” which refers to the repeated cycle of birth, life, and death. Within buddhism, samsara is characterized by suffering. The bhavacakra, or the wheel of life, is a symbolic representation of samsara and it is made of 6 realms. The wheel is held by a wrathful monster and above the wheel is an image of the moon. The moon represents liberation from the sufferings of samsara.

Now how does this relate to Naruto?

After understanding the connection with Buddhism, it is pretty easy to decipher it. The six realms= the six paths. The world has been stuck in a cycle of hatred (the wheel of samsara) in which the 6 sages were the only ones able to do something about it but as they failed, the cycle continued and the wheel kept going. The source of that suffering is the wrathful monster aka the juubi and in my opinion, kaguya.

Question is how do you break that cycle of suffering and reach liberation?

[video=youtube;asFvPIKBoaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asFvPIKBoaI[/video]
credit to mohdzarif for the video. Thanks man=D

In Buddhism, The six realms all have a specific pain and are stuck in a cycle of suffering. They must deal with that to achieve liberation. In naruto it is the six paths – the six sages – Hagoromo,Madara, Nagato, Obito, Sasuke, and Naruto. They all have had specific pains to represent that suffering. Samsara is a continuous flow so since they are part of the wheel, if nothing changes, that pain and hate will keep going. Something needs to be different in order to achieve liberation and that one thing is…Naruto.

What sets Naruto apart is that he has been through each pain of each realm and he has not fallen to hatred, in fact, He has been able to bring peace to them.

Nagato: read to page 17

Obito: read to page 18

Hagoromo: who now sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

And it is my belief that at the very end, Madara will also see that he was wrong and believe in Naruto.

Now what about sasuke? Isn’t a he friends with Naruto now? Isn’t he also gonna bring peace? The answer is yes and no.
There is also one more thing to the hatred present in the world. Samsara also refers to the repeated cycle of birth, life, and death which is also considered as reincarnation.

What a coincidence, a cycle of hatred through reincarnation. Now I believe that together Naruto and sasuke will put an end to the cycle of hate between the uchiha and senju which has been present for all long time and has thrown the whole world to war.

However,

I believe sasuke has other plans. He has seen the tablet with the EMS, the same way madara saw it back then, so technically he has seen the same thing that made madara lose faith. I believe that Sasuke had a similar reaction but obviously he believes in another outcome than madara.

Remember the moon symbolism liberation/ enlightenment and in this case peace, well take a look…

Naruto has a full moon on his hand just like on the painting of the wheel of samsara which symbolizes liberation/ enlightenment while Sasuke only has a half moon. I believe that Sasuke will only go halfway towards true peace. He will bring an end to the cycle of hatred between the Uchiha and the Senju along with Naruto but he will not put an end to the overall cycle of hatred in the world represented by the wheel of samsara because in my opinion, he still believes that such peace doesn’t exist because of what he has seen on the tablet.

I still think the toad sage was referring to Sasuke when he said you will fight someone with great power in his eyes which means that Naruto will fight Sasuke, and he will also make Sasuke believe in peace, the same way he will have done with Nagato, Obito, Hagoromo and Madara in the process.

That is the way to peace! As long as people believe in peace there is a chance it might happen and if enough people believe in it then it will surpass hatred.

When Pein attacked konoha, Naruto still wanted to kill Nagato for what he did, but he decided to believe in the peace that Jiraiya believed in and he knew that he shouldn’t kill him in order to break the cycle. As a result, what happened? Nagato believed in Naruto, the same way everyone else believes in Naruto. This symbolize the way to achieve peace: believe in it.

He might just be a stupid kid but he is also the savior and because of his belief in peace and his influence on others, he will bring enlightenment and peace to the world.

If you made it all the way thank you so much for reading and if you read both parts I appreciate it even more.
Let me know what you guys think.
Excellent read.

Melania

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
True and the manga obviously hints at that all the time with the cycle of hatred that has been going on forever. But why can't peace last forever? if enough people believe in it and that is the belief that we install in the next generation, then we will be able to have a peace that last in my opinion.
Everyone would have to think the exact same way for peace to last for eternity, but then we'd be drones living in a Utopia. Unique ways of thinking is what makes us human, but I don't believe peace is a fictitious dream of hopeful believers. It's about the good people outweighing the bad that will make the true difference.

Ψ Veritas Ψ

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
because whats lies inside us isnt forever constant, we are forever changing in nature and because of that constance is not eternal, however if we were to change who we are at the core namely "Genetics" we would be able to achieve constance, thereby if peace attained, the peace would last.

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone would have to think the exact same way for peace to last for eternity, but then we'd be drones living in a Utopia. Unique ways of thinking is what makes us human, but I don't believe peace is a fictitious dream of hopeful believers. It's about the good people outweighing the bad that will make the true difference.
Yes great point!

That was what I was trying to say. Not everyone needs to be the same, but the more people believe that peace is possible, the more it will become reality. If over time a lot of people start believing in it, then like you said, people who believe in peace will outweigh those who don't and that will be the difference

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
because whats lies inside us isnt forever constant, we are forever changing in nature and because of that constance is not eternal, however if we were to change who we are at the core namely "Genetics" we would be able to achieve constance, thereby if peace attained, the peace would last.
as individuals yes, but as an entire population I think that if enough people believe in peace and we pass on that belief then it is surely more possible then if no one believed in it, right?

Btw what are you proposing V in terms of changing who we are at the core lol:p

GeneralOuki

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Peace occured 2 times in Naruto history.

First: Rikudou hailing himself as a God, and basically ruling over people.

Second: Hashimoron's uniting of the Shinobi Nations

Narudo is simply the third step to those. Rikudou set up the chakra to unite people closer. Hashimoron than made the villages furthermore uniting people together. And Naruto will now seal the deal.

Melania

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes great point!

That was what I was trying to say. Not everyone needs to be the same, but the more people believe that peace is possible, the more it will become reality. If over time a lot of people start believing in it, then like you said, people who believe in peace will outweigh those who don't and that will be the difference
That's something I've told myself to believe for years, and I will continue to encourage that and believe in it.

In Naruto can you say any villain is truly a villain? I've seen enough back stories to know that good does outweigh the bad, and it's currently happening in the war, too. Nagato is a good example, and now Obito. The question is, when it's all said and done, can the good continue outweighing the bad? If Naruto can alter that cycle of hatred, I can see it happening.

I completely see your point.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Truly Awesome man, I still don't believe in the Naruto being the full moon thing, but then again I am stubborn.
I really wish I could rep you for your hard work:nuts:
It was really insightful and this definitely seems like something Kishi would throw in.