Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, before I move on to customs, I'll explain jutsu as they're used in the RP and elemental interactions.

When using a jutsu, it has to be pasted into your post, for the sake of keeping track of techniques used and which ones are being used. Every jutsu has a name, a type, a range, chakra and damage values, and a description. The name generally indicates the nature of the jutsu, whether its Fire or Water, if its Taijutsu or Genjutsu, so on so forth. The canons have pretty straightforward names, whereas custom techniques have names that are more thematic. Type refers to the purpose of the jutsu, whether its offensive, defensive, or supplementary. Offensive and defensive are, obviously, meant for attacking opponents or defending yourself, while supplementary jutsu can be used to boost the abilities of your other jutsu, yourself or others. A jutsu's rank indicates the overall level of the technique, in terms of how powerful its effects are. Rank, chakra and damage are connected, and I'll explain that in a moment. Range indicates the jutsu's area of effect, whether its short, mid, or long. Short range is 0 - 5 meters, mid range is 5 - 15 meters, and long range is anything beyond 15 meters. The description of the jutsu is meant to explain what the jutsu does, how its performed and how it achieves its effects.

Now, with regards to chakra and damage, these values are determined by the rank of the technique. Every rank has a set chakra and damage value, and as the rank goes higher, so does the chakra and damage values. A technique's "chakra" states how much chakra it costs to use, and a technique's "damage" indicates how strong it is in terms of a clash with other techniques and how much damage it will deal to a bio if it connects. Here are the ranks and their respective damage and chakra values.

E-Rank: 5 chakra / 10 damage
D-Rank: 10 chakra / 20 damage
C-Rank: 15 chakra / 30 damage
B-Rank: 20 chakra / 40 damage
A-Rank: 30 chakra / 60 damage
S-Rank: 40 chakra / 80 damage
F-Rank: 50 chakra / 90 damage

Its important to remember that each successive rank is considered as twice as powerful as the previous. So, 2 E-Ranks = 1 D-Rank. 2 D-Ranks = 1 C-Rank. 2 C-Ranks = 1 B-Rank. 2 B-Ranks = 1 A-Rank. 2 A-Ranks = 1 S-Rank. 2 S-Ranks = 1 F-Rank. I'll elaborate on why this is important when I get to clashes.

Now, I'll quickly explain elemental interactions before I get onto clashes, just so I can cover clashes without deviating. As you already know, there are 5 Basic Elements. Each of them is weak to another element from the Basic 5 and strong to another. I'll list the elements and their respective interactions below:

Fire
- Weak to Water
- Strong to Wind

Water
- Weak to Earth
- Strong to Wind

Earth
- Weak to Lightning
- Strong to Water

Lightning
- Weak to Wind
- Strong to Earth

Wind
- Weak to Fire
- Strong to Lightning

You must be registered for see images

Now, a clash occurs when two or more jutsu collide with one another, and the victor of the clash is decided by which one is stronger. Two jutsu which are equally powered will both be neutralised in the clash, whilst the stronger of the two jutsu will neutralise the weaker technique and continue onward in a weakened state. We'll take a look at a couple of examples, just to give you an idea of how things work.

An A-Rank Wind technique vs an A-Rank Water technique results in both jutsu being neutralised, they both have 60 damage, and their elements are neutral. Now, a B-Rank Wind technique vs an A-Rank Water technique results in the B-Rank Wind technique being destroyed, but it weakens the A-Rank technique slightly, reducing it to B-Rank strength (40 damage). Because the B-Rank Wind has half the strength of the A-Rank Water, it reduces the Water's strength to half of what it originally was, so B-Rank.

When we involve specific interactions, such as two jutsu clashing where one is weak to the other, things are a little different. Lets take an A-Rank fireball vs a B-Rank water ball. Now, while they're different in base rank, Water is an element that is naturally strong to Fire. So while it is not as inherently powerful, the natural advantage of B-Rank Water places it as on par with an A-Rank Fire. In this case, both techniques would be neutralised. An A-Rank Water vs an A-Rank Fire would result in the A-Rank Water neutralising the A-Rank Fire, as the Water technique is naturally stronger, but as in the case of the Wind and Water example I went over, it continues with B-Rank strength. An easy way to think about it, is to increase the rank of the elemental technique if it is at an advantage in a clash, or to reduce the rank of an elemental technique if it is at a disadvantage, and then think of them as neutral in that case.

This is probably one of the more tricky parts of the RP to understand on first exposure, so don't worry if you don't understand it fully at first. If you need extra clarification, read through this thread: Elemental Interactions. If you're still unsure, or if you have any questions about things that weren't covered in this post, just ask.

Reactions: Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I understand the thing with regard to elemental techniques now. So i have to upgrade my rank technique each time if i want to face stronger opponents ?

Also if iuse B rank/C rank Earth element against A-Rank water element will it still do damage to my opponents ?

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You want to have access to higher rank techniques when fighting stronger enemies, yes.

No, it can't. Using a B-Rank Earth against A-Rank Water would neutralise both techniques, since they're of equal strength according to elemental interactions. A C-Rank Earth technique wouldn't neutralise the Water, but it would weaken the Water technique so that it would deal B-Rank damage. Your Earth technique would be neutralised, and you'd take the damage of the Water technique if left undefended.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
ok i understand now how NB battle works. Basically higher rank of any element has better advantage of user ability to fight.

Now i currently have to train for my ninjutsu to gain better jutsus if i am right.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, you don't have to train. Under the old system, you used to have to learn all of the basic skills with a Sensei, now you get them automatically based on your rank. If you check here: https://animebase.me/threads/basic-bio-rules-template-ranks.717680/#post-20809540 , you'll see how many of the basic skills you're able to use and the max rank of the techniques you can use from them. For anything outside the basics, like an AE or KG, you'll have to learn the techniques in a training thread.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, customs are a fairly broad area to tackle, so I'll do each area one at a time.

A custom technique is, as indicated by the name, a jutsu that you make completely from scratch yourself. Using the basic template, you can make customs for any field you've learned, whether its the basic 9, or some AE like Dark or Blast Release. So long as you've learned the field, up to the rank you wish to make customs at, and the field in question allows for customs to be made, you can make customs for that field. If you refer back to the bio ranks, you'll see what rank customs you're able to make.

For normal customs, you are given 35 slots with which to make custom techniques. As I said before, they can range from any field that you've learned, but for the sake of "standard CJ", this is limited to the Basic 9 (5 Elements + Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Kenjutsu), AE, AN, Modes, certain KG, and HA. These are all fields for which you can make customs that count towards the 35 slots you have. Most customs you make use this template:

PHP:
[B][/B]
[B]Rank:[/B]
[B]Type:[/B]
[B]Range:[/B]
[B]Chakra:[/B]
[B]Damage:[/B]
[B]Description:[/B]
Here is the broken down version, just so you know what goes where and what each part means.

PHP:
[B]Name of the jutsu (japanese and english name)[/B]
[B]Rank:[/B] What is the rank of the jutsu?
[B]Type:[/B] What kind of jutsu is it? Is it offensive, defensive, or supplementary?
[B]Range:[/B] What is the jutsu's area of effect? Short, mid or long range?
[B]Chakra:[/B] How much chakra does this jutsu cost to use? (decided by rank)
[B]Damage:[/B] How much damage does this technique cause? (decided by rank)
[B]Description:[/B] Explain the effects of the jutsu, how its performed, what it does, etc. Usage conditions and restrictions 
(handseals, unable to use certain techniques or abilities for a given time depending on the rank and power of the jutsu) should 
be included here.
It's a fairly brief summarisation of how custom jutsu are written and made, but that's basically the gist of it. These kinds of customs are submitted in the Custom Jutsu Submission IV Thread. Custom Weapons are weapons which you design yourself, and like with normal customs, can be based on any field you've learned. There are certain restrictions on the weapons you can make, depending on the field you're making it for, which can be read up on here: [x]. You can only have 2 approved CW, and neither of them count towards the 35 CJ limit.

Now, for the process of submitting. This applies to any and all customs you make. When you want to submit a custom for use, you go to the appropriate thread, and you submit the custom using the template. If its approved, you're free to use that custom in the RP once you've added it to your personal Custom Jutsu thread, which should be made in the Custom Jutsu Users section of the forum once you get your first CJ. You should include a link to the post where the CJ was approved in your thread as well. If the jutsu is a declined, a mod will usually leave decline notes in the jutsu telling you why it got declined. Before resubmitting it, you need to make actual changes to the technique, and bold where the changes are so its easier for a mod to see whats going on. You don't have to resubmit a technique if you don't want to of course, many people opt to submit something else if they feel like they won't get the jutsu they want after its been changed for approval. Any questions or queries before I keep going?

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Correct. On that note, I'll quickly gloss over the rules regarding customs submissions. I'll state the most important things to remember when submitting customs. The first is that, when your customs have been checked, you shouldn't message a mod about your customs unless they have asked you to, such as if they tell you to discuss a custom with them directly in their check notes. Secondly, you aren't allowed to direct or instruct mods on how to check customs. If a mod says your technique is declined for x reasons, you are in no place to dispute it. Simply address their feedback in your resubmission, or move on to other things. These rules apply for all custom submissions, without exception. You can read up on the other rules here, but these are the most important ones to know; Custom Submission Rules.

Now, Custom Technology. Put simply, they are devices that are more advanced than the tools that ninja used before the Boruto era. They include things like guns, drones, computers, more advanced puppets, enhanced swords and tools, and more. People whose bios are from the Mandalore or are Cyborgs, both of which are tied to advanced technology, can have more advanced custom technology, while Cyborgs alone have more custom technology slots. Custom tech is submitted here: [x], and the thread includes the rules of submission. Keep in mind, Custom technology can occupy a custom weapon slot if it is a proper weapon, rather than a tool. The template for submitting custom tech is the same as for basic submissions.

Any questions?

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks , so i can make custom bios like cyborgs as well this is pretty cool.

Yes i understood rules regarding custom submissions. So i need to be trained before i submit any such technique.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes. Keep in mind, Cyborg bios cost 1000 kumi to make, so you need to have that kumi available before you can actually make a Cyborg bio. Remember to check the Kumi Purchase List thread or the Official Shop (found here: https://animebase.me/dbtech-shop/official-kumi-shop.1/shop) for any abilities you may want in case they cost kumi to make or use.

You're partially correct. For the basic fields, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Kenjutsu, Taijutsu, and the Basic 5 Elements, you only need to be of the appropriate rank to make customs for them. For things like Advanced Elements or Kekkei Genkai, you need to be trained in their techniques, and you're able to make customs for those fields up to the rank of the techniques you've learned.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now, onto Custom Elements. As suggested by the name, Custom Elements are elements that you make yourself. They are completely original, and can have their own unique effects and abilities. Think of it as like your own unique element that only you can use, like how Onoki and Mu are one of the few people that can use Dust Release. Making and submitting custom elements follows a different template, and because you're creating an entirely new element, you need to take much greater care in explaining how the element is made and how its effects are achieved. You can find the rules and restrictions regarding the submission and teaching of custom elements here: [x]. In the first post is also the template for submitting CE's, as well as the explained version of it that breaks down the template, telling you what information goes where.

The second part of custom elements are the custom element jutsu. CEJ are no different to submitting the basic customs I spoke about before, they're just made for your CE. Those are submitted in the Custom Element Jutsu Submission Thread, rather than the normal CJ thread. A custom element can have up to 12 CEJ, with CWs and CTs based on the element also counting towards those slots. This thread here tells you how many CEs you can create, how many CE's you can co-create and how many you can learn: https://animebase.me/threads/hitchhikers-guide-to-the-naruto-role-play.762482/#post-21830799 .

Any questions here?

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes i read the above and understood how to make CE and custom element jutsu thread .

So i need to have jounin rank to make my first CE i guess.

Well no questions i understood the concept behind for custom element and how to create custom justus and learnt limitation that when creating i should also state its element weakness as well.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yep! That's really all there is to it. Good job.

Custom Fighting Styles are fighting styles that you make yourself. They involve combining skills that exist in the RP into a single style of fighting. For example, combining Earth Release with a fighting style in real life (e.g. Taekwondo). This exists as an approved CFS already, Renewal Taekwondo, I'm just using it further elaborate on the concept of combining skills to form a single one. Similarly to CE's, you need to be very clear and detailed when you're explaining and justifying the mechanics and workings of your style. The template tells you everything you need to do, and where everything needs to go. The thread for submission and the rules is here: [x], and similarly, CFS techniques (CFSJ) are submitted in their own thread in the same section. A couple of things to note; CFS can have up to 10 techniques for it, and these techniques don't count towards your normal CJ limit. Also, like with CE's, you can submit up to 2 of your own CFS.

Any questions?

Reactions: Shanks

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now, custom summoning contracts. There are a few different kinds of these custom contracts, and all of them offer different possibilities in terms of what animals you can use. Normal contracts are used to submit animals that currently exist in the world, such as worms or snakes. Ancient contracts cost 2000 kumi to make, and these allow you to submit animals that are now extinct, but did exist. Think dinosaurs. Mythical contracts are 3000 kumi per contract, and they entail animals that come from myth, such as the Pegasus or Gorgon. As long as its linked to a real world myth, the animal can be made. A legendary contract allows you to make virtually any animal that doesn't come from myth, but is still derived from fiction. Legendary contracts can't be made rn, though. Because of the possibilities allowed by every contract, there's restrictions on each type of contract. You can read them here: [x]. Custom summonings are submitted in the normal CJ submission thread.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All good man. Hope you enjoyed it :)

Now, Custom Clans. As implied by the name, these are clans which are entirely made up by members. The potential for abilities here is virtually limitless, as you can have multiple abilities based on access to a single "power". For example, members of the Nekura clan possess the ability to call upon remnants of the Juubi's chakra. They possess different techniques that revolve around the usage and manipulation of this energy. The Claymore clan has the ability to use Kurochi, which is a corrosive, parasitic chakra that can serve as nourishment to the user. The clan possesses passive abilities, constantly active ones, which are bestowed by merit of being able to access the main power of the clan, and standard techniques which are available to all clan members. Members of the clan are all able to submit four of their own custom techniques based on the clan's abilities as well. In order to submit one, you need to buy Sage rank for kumi, so just look that up in the Kumi shop.

Any questions here?