Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"The next part of battle conduct is how to manage disagreements between yourself and your opponent. If you have an issue with their move, be it the way they've used a jutsu, or how they've countered your move, speak to them directly to discuss it. Not within the thread. Should you come to an agreement, continue based on that. Otherwise, one of you may contact a sensei to make a ruling on the issue. If the other person in the battle takes issue with said ruling, they are allowed to contact another sensei to make a ruling. If the verdict between the two rulings is different, an ANBU or RP Moderator will make a final decision. So, overall, three rulings can be made per battle. Understood?"

Reactions: Mr.Lonely

Mr.Lonely

The friendly loner
Regular
Kin
726💸
Kumi
2,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So if I can't handle the situation on my own, then I have three other opinions I can get to solve an issue. That should be easy enough to remember.

"Understood, I will keep that in mind whenever a conflict comes up."

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Very good. Now, there are two different types of battles you can have. Official, or unofficial. All battles within the NW are official, but battles can be made unofficial in the Battle Arena. This doesn't change how a fight takes place, necessarily, but it matters when it comes to the use of certain abilities. For example, Orochimaru can take over other people's bodies as vessels for himself, Kakuzu can take other people's hearts to use a special ability of theirs, and so on. They are only able to do this in official battles. Furthermore, if you are intending to earn kumi from a fight, it must be official. It doesn't matter for battles you're using to rank up.

More generally, Battle Arena fights can have conditions entirely of your own making. For example, you can decide the terrain, the starting range of you and your opponent, what abilities you can and can't use, etc. In the NW, the terrain is preset, unless you use a technique that can alter it. All of these conditions must be agreed upon in the case of a Battle Arena fight before it can begin."

Reactions: Mr.Lonely

Mr.Lonely

The friendly loner
Regular
Kin
726💸
Kumi
2,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So official battles are a lot stricter and certain abilities can always be used, but unofficial can be tweaked and be used to rank up.

"So if I just want to rank up and should probably set up an unofficial battle against someone. I'll make sure to remember and distinguish the two."

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"If you wish to earn kumi and rank up, you're best off making it official. Two birds with one stone. And if you just want to rank up, unofficial is the way to go. You just need to state Official or Unofficial in your initial post. Before we move on to the Ninja World, I will quickly explain how techniques are used in battle. Then, Elemental Interactions and clashes."

Opening up a scroll, he hands it to Kirito, the parchment containing information on how to use techniques in battle.

When using a jutsu, it must be pasted into your post, for the sake of keeping track of techniques used and which ones are in use. Every jutsu has a name, a type, a range, chakra and damage values, and a description. The name generally indicates the nature of the jutsu, whether its Fire or Water, if its Taijutsu or Genjutsu, so on so forth. The canons have pretty straightforward names, whereas custom techniques can have names that are more thematic. Type refers to the purpose of the jutsu, whether its offensive, defensive, or supplementary. Offensive and defensive are, obviously, meant for attacking opponents or defending yourself, while supplementary jutsu can be used to boost the abilities of your other jutsu, yourself or others. A jutsu's rank indicates the overall level of the technique, in terms of how powerful its effects are. Rank, chakra and damage are connected, and I'll explain that in a moment. Range indicates the jutsu's area of effect, whether its short, mid, or long. Short range is 0 - 5 meters, mid range is 5 - 15 meters, and long range is anything beyond 15 meters. The description of the jutsu is meant to explain what the jutsu does, how its performed and how it achieves its effects.

Now, with regards to chakra and damage, these values are determined by the rank of the technique. Every rank has a set chakra and damage value, and as the rank goes higher, so does the chakra and damage values. A technique's "chakra" states how much chakra it costs to use, and a technique's "damage" indicates how strong it is in terms of a clash with other techniques and how much damage it will deal to a bio if it connects. Here are the ranks and their respective damage and chakra values.

E-Rank: 5 chakra / 10 damage
D-Rank: 10 chakra / 20 damage
C-Rank: 15 chakra / 30 damage
B-Rank: 20 chakra / 40 damage
A-Rank: 30 chakra / 60 damage
S-Rank: 40 chakra / 80 damage
F-Rank: 50 chakra / 90 damage

Its important to remember that each successive rank is considered as twice as powerful as the previous. So:

2 E-Ranks = 1 D-Rank
2 D-Ranks = 1 C-Rank
2 C-Ranks = 1 B-Rank
2 B-Ranks = 1 A-Rank
2 A-Ranks = 1 S-Rank
2 S-Ranks = 1 F-Rank.

Once clashes and elemental interactions are covered, the significance of this information will be elaborated on.