2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Thunder"

One Piece Manga Chapter 983 Discussion and 984 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 983 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 984

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting development.

We already suspected by the manner Kaido spoke about his son that he kinda fell out of grace somehow. But to have him help Luffy directly is pretty shocking.

It's also a bit unlike Oda to have this from the get go, normally he sets it up and then comes with the twist. Now our first introduction to Yamato is the rebellious son.

He asks Luffy for his identity so it's not someone Luffy met before, yet he has strong motivation to help him out.

Maybe some old Wano connection or just because of deep hatred against his father. Wonder where this will go.

I also like that Luffy, Zoro, Sanji are still having to put up a good fight to go against headliners and the flying six. Same thing we saw in Whole Cake Island where the Big Mom pirates were shown as no pushovers. In a lot of other manga the protagonist would rip through these people and go straight for Kaido. Luckily One Piece has a pretty good grip on the power creep.

It just goes to show much of the original yonkou are just monsterous human beings

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting development.

We already suspected by the manner Kaido spoke about his son that he kinda fell out of grace somehow. But to have him help Luffy directly is pretty shocking.

It's also a bit unlike Oda to have this from the get go, normally he sets it up and then comes with the twist. Now our first introduction to Yamato is the rebellious son.

He asks Luffy for his identity so it's not someone Luffy met before, yet he has strong motivation to help him out.

Maybe some old Wano connection or just because of deep hatred against his father. Wonder where this will go.

I also like that Luffy, Zoro, Sanji are still having to put up a good fight to go against headliners and the flying six. Same thing we saw in Whole Cake Island where the Big Mom pirates were shown as no pushovers. In a lot of other manga the protagonist would rip through these people and go straight for Kaido. Luckily One Piece has a pretty good grip on the power creep.

It just goes to show much of the original yonkou are just monsterous human beings
The way he said I've been waiting all this time for you sounded to me like he was one of those waiting for the scabbards return.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting development.

The way he said I've been waiting all this time for you sounded to me like he was one of those waiting for the scabbards return.
But Luffy is not a part of that, and he had no way of knowing Luffy would be there at the return of the scabbards.
The beef between Kaidou and Luffy started only recently and based on Yamato's words, he has been waiting for quite a while. So, you automatically start thinking about Toki's prediction. It was implied she knew something; that in the end she wasn't just some random time jumper. In the story itself people interpreted her prediction as the nine scabbards returning, but personally I always thought that was too easy. The fact that Kanjuro has been exposed as a traitor, makes the idea that the prediction refers to the original 9 scabbards unlikely. I'm expecting nine other characters to eventually form the prophesied 'nine scabbards'.

It's unclear how old Yamato exactly is, but it's possible he's over 20 and thus knows more about the prophecy.

Additionally, Kaidou, Onigashima, the Numbers...I can't shake the thought that there's a deeper rooted connection here that has yet to be revealed.

Reactions: Love Cook

Erikhog

Kin
232💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cool chapter,
Why is Yamato wearing a sea stone cuff? Was he a prisoner on the island of his father? Or does he has a crazy devil fruit power he want to hold down because it’s too dangerous?🤔
So many new questions, I can’t wait!!

Luffytaro

Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol this has some great predictions and battle theories. Momo became a dragon and Yamato is like Oden? What is up with that?

--------->> <<---------

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But Luffy is not a part of that, and he had no way of knowing Luffy would be there at the return of the scabbards.
I shouldn't have said scabbards return but prophecy arrival which after re-reading 972 wasn't about the Scabbards return. Toki sent the scabbards 20 years ahead so they would be able to assist the one coming in 20 years. I keep forgetting the prophecy was never about them.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting development.

The power creep? There is no manga or anime in the world better with power scaling than one piece so of course its got not a "pretty good grip" but a ",perfect fucking grip"

Whitebeard, the worlds strongest man, showed the strongest attacks weve ever seen.... and still TO THIS DAY he still has the strongest attacks in one piece weve ever seen

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The power creep? There is no manga or anime in the world better with power scaling than one piece so of course its got not a "pretty good grip" but a ",perfect fucking grip"

Whitebeard, the worlds strongest man, showed the strongest attacks weve ever seen.... and still TO THIS DAY he still has the strongest attacks in one piece weve ever seen
idk, everything before and during marineford kinda makes the power scale look weird. I mean, it's understandable because the series is uber long, but still. Crocodile, Moria, Magellan, Rob Lucy. Actually, Rob Lucy ESPECIALLY. The whole narrative surrounding him would've made you think he was vice admiral+ level, because there were vice admirals hyping him up and showing subordination to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.