Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man WHAT? The only connection between Zoro and Wano is that Zoro has Ryuma’s sword. And please don’t bring up that “Ryuma looks like Zoro” thing when YOU yourself shit on someone else’s theory that Zoro was related to Ryuma when they used that same reasoning by saying it was just Oda recycling an old character design. Pick one, Caliburn.

Why are you saying that Minamoto is a connection between Zoro and Wano when Zoro has NOTHING to do with him? The character was invented in the SBS as a gag to explain a visual inconsistency when Higuna kicked down the door to the bar when he had a confrontation with Shanks. Zoro and Minamoto have absolutely no relation drawn between them in any portion of the story; hell, it’s more likely for Shanks to be that character than Zoro considering that Shanks was actually involved in the paratext that created Minamoto.

As I said at the start, the only connection Zoro has to Wano is that he has Shisui, something that HAS been addressed over and over in this arc, so again I have to ask: what the hell are you talking about lmao
It seems you didn't really bother reading anything I wrote, so I advise you to try to do it anyway. Also you might want do the same for this chapter as it alone invalidates your statement that the only connection is Ryuuma's sword.

Secondly, I never said Ryuuma didn't look like Zoro, but it seems I really need to explain to you something as basic as that being a son of someone in a story and being a recycled character from another story are not the same thing. What's more the 'shit' you are referring to was a 4th rate troll that intentionally posts utter nonsense purely to annoy people and I just put him in his place. In this case making a bogus 'theory' (and I'm being very generous here with that term) that Zoro is Ryuuma's son, completely ignoring the common known fact that Ryuuma died centuries ago.

Seriously did you now really use a troll of all things to back you up? Like, one of the worst possible things you could do unless you really wanted to have any credibility you might have had flushed down the toilet?

Thirdly, read the post. SBS might be half purely for the giggles, but that doesn't take away a lot of stuff is very well canon and you can be certain that this was the case for this particular post. Do I really need to explain to you the basic and straightforward implications of a Wano ship arriving in East Blue several decades ago and Oda saying that one very familiar character is a descendant of one of the members of this ship and that this is going to be a subplot during the current arc? Minamoto might have been a joke character, but the explanation given by Oda certainly isn't. It's also rather noticeable you completely ignored that part and solely focused on the character Minamoto as if you didn't, it would have become quite obvious you have no leg to stand on and that you kinda screwed yourself over. And as so many people, against better judgement, your reaction was feigning ignorance and hoping no one notices it.

Lastly, again read my previous post or do you really want me to treat you like a child in a class and spell everything out to you with short, simple words and sentences one by one? In the end the only thing you just did was pointing out that Shuusui alone is a connection, something that objectively can be stated as not being true as there are more. Then reference an obvious troll because apparently you have self-destructive tendencies and follow that up by nitpicking on one paragraph where you conveniently omitted half of it...the half that happened to be the most important part...

It's kind of laughable you're asking the same redundant questions while you're intentionally ignoring the answers that are right in front of your face.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
It seems you didn't really bother reading anything I wrote, so I advise you to try to do it anyway. Also you might want do the same for this chapter as it alone invalidates your statement that the only connection is Ryuuma's sword.
No it doesn't.

Secondly, I never said Ryuuma didn't look like Zoro, but it seems I really need to explain to you something as basic as that being a son of someone in a story and being a recycled character from another story are not the same thing. What's more the 'shit' you are referring to was a 4th rate troll that intentionally posts utter nonsense purely to annoy people and I just put him in his place. In this case making a bogus 'theory' (and I'm being very generous here with that term) that Zoro is Ryuuma's son, completely ignoring the common known fact that Ryuuma died centuries ago.
I didn't say that you said they didn't look alike, now did I? I just pointed out the irony of you shooting down a theory and then applying an aspect it of it for your own thin interpretation.

Seriously did you now really use a troll of all things to back you up? Like, one of the worst possible things you could do unless you really wanted to have any credibility you might have had flushed down the toilet?
The troll had no factor into what I pointed out at all.

Thirdly, read the post. SBS might be half purely for the giggles, but that doesn't take away a lot of stuff is very well canon and you can be certain that this was the case for this particular post. Do I really need to explain to you the basic and straightforward implications of a Wano ship arriving in East Blue several decades ago and Oda saying that one very familiar character is a descendant of one of the members of this ship
What you need to do is point where this connects concretely to Zoro. You can assume it's Zoro all you want, but there are no tangible threads between them as of right now.

and that this is going to be a subplot during the current arc?
At no point does he specify that it would be a subplot during this arc.

Minamoto might have been a joke character, but the explanation given by Oda certainly isn't. It's also rather noticeable you completely ignored that part and solely focused on the character Minamoto as if you didn't, it would have become quite obvious you have no leg to stand on and that you kinda screwed yourself over. And as so many people, against better judgement, your reaction was feigning ignorance and hoping no one notices it.
Stop padding your replies please, you're saying nothing here. I didn't ignore anything about Minamato, I pointed out that what you're talking about has no concrete connection to Zoro, something you have yet to address despite the lengthy diatribe.

Lastly, again read my previous post or do you really want me to treat you like a child in a class and spell everything out to you with short, simple words and sentences one by one? In the end the only thing you just did was pointing out that Shuusui alone is a connection, something that objectively can be stated as not being true as there are more. Then reference an obvious troll because apparently you have self-destructive tendencies and follow that up by nitpicking on one paragraph where you conveniently omitted half of it...the half that happened to be the most important part...

It's kind of laughable you're asking the same redundant questions while you're intentionally ignoring the answers that are right in front of your face.
Uh huh that's cute, so where's the connection to Zoro? Cause all this wording and there's still nothing.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Guys, most of the strawhats are gonna get stronger from their actual battle. It will be like when chopper had to use rumble ball for the first, and when Zoro fought mr 1. Etc. They will probably all have very, very close hard battles that will put them all on the level of yonko crews.

I hope choppers monster form defeats the leader of the numbers.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Guys, most of the strawhats are gonna get stronger from their actual battle. It will be like when chopper had to use rumble ball for the first, and when Zoro fought mr 1. Etc. They will probably all have very, very close hard battles that will put them all on the level of yonko crews.

I hope choppers monster form defeats the leader of the numbers.
Monster Choppers' gonna slap Jack and give him Zunisha flashbacks what are you talking about?

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really am excited to see the match ups but really want to know whose fighting big mom/Kaido cause puffy will match up with one but Zoro or even law could fight the other but my money on Zoro/kiado with the sword hype

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
- Enma confirmed as a huge powerup for Zoro once he tames it. I wonder if the other sword can do the same ... In this chapter it was hinted that Shusui is of the same class as Enma, but their difference in power seems rather huge. If Zoro had used Enma in Thriller Bark, he would have collapsed. But now he managed to control it by controlling his will / haki back and not forcing it all out of Enma, apparently.I wonder how Kuina's sword helped Zoro tame it so much like Hitetsu said. Maybe it's because Zoro was already used to it and the sword requires a great willpower to wield it the same way? Maybe using Kuina's sword this whole time prepared and honed Zoro to use Enma.
- Good to see Luffy training and learning how to use advanced armament.Funny how Oda set up their powerups. Sanji and Zoro, we get a glimpse of their newly acquired powers in the form of the Raid Suit and Enma, but then Oda cuts and doesn't show their progress. Guess we will see them fully using their powers in the war.
- The traitor, Oda is hinting heavily that Law could be it, but then Shinobu is also very opposed to Law, and has always been. Does she know / suspect something, or is she setting him up as the scapegoat for her traitorous actions?
-Nice to see Franky working. Oda is also hinting that we will be getting more allies than Kin'emon expected. Will this be in the form of the Grand Fleet? Marco? Or both? The other day i mentioned to a mate how Luffy getting the shot with the plague bullets in Udon endangered his life, so maybe his Vivre Card started burning a bit and that made his Commanders prepare to back him up?I wonder if next chapter we will see the war start or Oda will cut to some other characters. Maybe we will see Kaido's and Big Mom's side?

Bold predictions for the rest of the war and aftermath:

- Marco and Luffy Commanders will arrive in act 3, when things are looking dire for our heroes, akin to Luffy and the prisoners arriving in Marineford.
- Then, on the end of act 3 / beginning of act 4, the Marines show up with the Shichibukai, as the news of Big Mom and Kaido teaming up made the WG offer the Shichibukai a last chance to redeem themselves and help the Marines. We know something was up in the Red Line since Bege had to turn back, so what if this was the Marines preparing to set sail to Wano? If that happens, I'm 84% sure Weeble kills Marco.
- Again, things will look dire but the Revs will show up and save the Straw Hats in the brink. Dragon will be the one saving Luffy. Then onwards to Elbaf where we see Dragon, Shanks and Luffy together.

In the meantime, Blackbeard attacks Whole Cake Island who is very unprotected and steals some powers along the way. Or maybe Blackbeard is the one attacking Wano instead, but this is too much like Marineford and I think Oda will put a new twist on it instead.

I'm afraid not only Marco will die but some old timers will die as well. Maybe Jinbe and one or two of the Mink Lords.
Bonney may show up too, since she was in the Reverie. Would be kinda awesome if she reverts Big Mom back to a kid, maybe then Chopper gets a chance to heal her illness and she gets a new shot at life?

Reactions: Erikhog

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it doesn't.
Yes it does and apparently I really need to explain this to you word by word:

1) Tenguyama Hitetsu, a Wano swordsmith, confirms he made Sandai Kitetsu, which is a sword Zoro has been using since Loguetown.

2) That same Tenguyama Hitetsu confirms that Wado Ichimonji, which is another sword Zoro has been using since he was a child and was given to him by his teacher, was made by the same Wano craftsman who made Enma, the sword he just received this chapter and a sword that was previously wielded by Oden Kozuki, and important figure from Wano.

3) The name of that craftsman is Shimotsuki Kozaburo, a name shared with a former powerful Wano family and Zoro's home town of Shimotsuki Village.

4) Zoro and Momo bring up the Snatch-phrase again, a phrase characteristic to Wano, which Zoro confirms is something he learned from the old men in his home town (Shimotsuki Village).

All of this comes from this chapter alone and it can objectively be stated these draw connections between Zoro and Wano. Why are you wasting your time even making this senseless posts if you're not going to even bother checking facts that were provided last week?

I didn't say that you said they didn't look alike, now did I? I just pointed out the irony of you shooting down a theory and then applying an aspect it of it for your own thin interpretation.
This is you in your previous post (remember?):

And please don’t bring up that “Ryuma looks like Zoro” thing when YOU yourself shit on someone else’s theory that Zoro was related to Ryuma when they used that same reasoning
Which implies that I shot down someone's theory because Zoro didn't look like Ryuuma, otherwise the above statement makes absolutely no sense as why mentioning it then? That would mean you disallow me using common elements from the story in my own reasonings purely because someone else used them in his reasonings and I disagreed with his interpretations of them because he intentionally ignored basic facts that invalidate his interpretations. That is messed up.

In the end the entire premise of this comment of yours was utter nonsense to begin with as our interpretations were vastly different, not in the least because he ignored the facts and I didn't. What's more what I said in that thread is in line with what I said in this thread. This irony you speak of is just a feeble excuse you used to cause an argument, but which is void of any sensibility or logic.

So, congrats as in an attempt to counter my last comment, you contradicted your own earlier comment and inadvertently confirmed mine. That's quite the achievement.

The troll had no factor into what I pointed out at all.
In this thread, in your previous post, you brought up a post I made in the thread of a troll who intentionally makes-up bogus reasonings that conflict with undeniable, basic facts from the story just to spam the forums and annoy people. You used that post of mine, which was in line with everything I said here, from a thread like that as an argument?

What you are saying comes down to that apparently context and credibility are not important at all and that you are allowed to distort and twist everything as you see fit. And that means anything that comes out of your mouth is highly questionable.

So yeah, the troll part is quite important. That you don't even understand that, makes the credibility you had even lower than it already was. Case and point: every mentioning from your mouth of Zoro or his swords is ironic, to use your own word, merely because I mentioned them first. That's the kind of messed up consequences that originate from the 'logic' you tried to apply here.

What you need to do is point where this connects concretely to Zoro. You can assume it's Zoro all you want, but there are no tangible threads between them as of right now.
Have I already said in this post to read my previous post(s) again? This is what I previously said specifically about that part:

Granted, it doesn't explicitly say Zoro. But face it, of all the possible candidates Zoro is by far the most likely one.
It's funny how you ignored that part the first time around and then reply on it with a comment I already addressed from the get-go. Also, don't pretend that this is the only thing I said as it's an additional factor to the facts we already know, not in the least to the facts we learned from this chapter. That's why I told you to go read it, but you seem to be hell-bent on ignoring everything we learned from this chapter. There are multiple, very tangible threads, but you intentionally ignored them all and I didn't thought it was necessary to list them all in detail as I would think people would remember what happened in this chapter.

At no point does he specify that it would be a subplot during this arc.
No, he didn't guarantee for a 100% that this would be the case, but you know that your argument here is incredibly weak and is merely you nitpicking. As I said before this is an additional factor to already established facts and that providing an alternative interpretation, which is what you imply, not only has less elements going for it, it would make several of the things we learned make no sense.

For example Oda introduced the Shimotsuki clan. One of the members of this clan made two of Zoro's swords. That member fled several decades ago from Wano and Zoro originates from a village called Shimotsuki village where he learned from his elders a phrase that comes from Wano. Attributing all of that to a mere 'coincidence' is laughable. This even reaches a point that you should be disproving, not me proving it and so far that mostly comes down to you pretending all of this didn't appear in the story.

Stop padding your replies please, you're saying nothing here. I didn't ignore anything about Minamato, I pointed out that what you're talking about has no concrete connection to Zoro, something you have yet to address despite the lengthy diatribe.
You have been saying nothing from the start and yes you completely ignored the most important part. Yeah, between Minamato and Zoro on a micro-level there isn't any particular connection, but when you read the part after it that very well changes, especially when you combine it with the facts we already know. You nitpicking on Minamoto was pointless and genuine 'padding' and I simply pointed that out. So to use a phrase you used before and mess it up like you're so fond of: it's ironic you say I'm doing padding when it's almost everything you did so far yourself.

Uh huh that's cute, so where's the connection to Zoro? Cause all this wording and there's still nothing.
You know what's coming: read the previous posts, read the chapter and re-read the entire series for that matter.

Conclusion:

You decided to start a senseless argument for some reason where you ignored stated facts, some of which directly came from the most recent chapter. Then rip a post of mine from another thread out of its context and interpret it in a messed up way that was highly convenient for you. Only after I started pressuring you, you began using more valid ways of reasoning (albeit very limited), but about points I already brought up myself earlier (thus making them redundant). What's more you then suddenly employ skepticism on a level that makes it impossible to make any kind of prediction/theory as those are inherently based on assumptions, which is stupendous. According to you, you're not allowed to say anything unless it actually is confirmed in the story, which makes making theories/predictions pointless.

When you so haphazardly change your way of reasoning when it suits you, it becomes obvious how biased you are and it's inevitable then that you're going to start contradicting yourself. At this rate, within 2-3 posts, you might actually reach the point you should have had in your first post. If you would visually represent this argument as a running competition, you would finally reach the starting line after having erratically moved into every possible direction except the one you had to.

• Wow
Reactions: Thelucifer333
Status
Not open for further replies.