Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Or maybe she is just spy who knows .xD

My money is on she is momo's sister hiyori who is grownup now to take revenge on orochi.
Even if she's momo's sister i doubt she can beat Orochi.
And if she's momo's sister then Orochi has valid reasons of marrying her since that will fix his seat permanently n no contender will challenge his position in future as they all think Momo n Co.are dead.
Even if he knows momo is still alive then also he will be sure that the rebellion wont work as Oden's daughter has married him. So he's a cunning bastard.

Reactions: Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Even if she's momo's sister i doubt she can beat Orochi.
And if she's momo's sister then Orochi has valid reasons of marrying her since that will fix his seat permanently n no contender will challenge his position in future as they all think Momo n Co.are dead.
Even if he knows momo is still alive then also he will be sure that the rebellion wont work as Oden's daughter has married him. So he's a cunning bastard.
Seduce kill . Maybe she wants to get close and poison him in his sleep, i mean she could kill him other than fighting.

Her introduction just gives something him off def . She probably worked up on the way to get close to orochi just like what robin is doing.

If i am right hiyori should be around 24-25 years by now so it def fits it might be her.
Post automatically merged:

I'm getting mixed vibes here. Orochi should be a force to be reckoned with, anything else would be anticlimactic and yet they way how Oda is subtly building up his character, it feels like it's all a facade. I mean I can't imagine Oda not pulling a fast one on us by turning this 'hydra' into something comical.

Most intriguing character though is Komurasaki. Initially I had the same doubts as with Orochi, namely that Oda wanted to take use for a loop by having absurd beauty standards being the norma in Wano, but I'm more inclined to belief she somehow is the fox-lady that has been opening and closing the 'acts' and/or Momo's missing sister.

Honestly I'm really not so sure about this Zoro vs Orochi. That seems to be for many an unavoidable clash, but not feeling it and considering the amount of big-shots that have been gathered, who fights whom can go into any direction. In particular in regards to Orochi, who seems to have a high revenge-factor.
I think zoro will either fight king or Shogun but i def think zoro fighting orochi seems more and more certain to me. Looking at his def he has the eight headed hydra df (yamato no orochi ) I am not familiar to japanese folktales but i know deity god Susanoo slays yamato no orochi .

Last edited:

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’m thinking maybe this Orochi May be related to Momo seeing he turns to a dragon also . Somehow Kaido has this ability also so he somehow gained this ability but hopefully Sanji fights Orochi and we get to see him have to use his germs suit ....or Orochi ends up being a tiny dragon like Momo and we just got a glimpse of his shadow which was enlarged
He's not a dragon.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Really hope Orchi isn't a wimp and is actual a threat, but it really seems like he's conniving sniveling kind of character.
Like he couldn't become Shogun without Kaido. He's definitely a dishonorable Samurai which doesn't bold well for him being that strong.

I certainly don't believe he's Zoro's fight in this arc anymore, because I just don't see him being stronger then King. I see Momo or Kin beating him.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's not a dragon.
In some stories Yamata no Orochi is potrayed as Japanese Dragon.

Beside Zoro slaying a Dragon infront of Wano citizens will earn him the respect of Samurais n he can probably keep that prized Sword of Ryumma who himself slayed a dragon.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you think the shadow was just a illusion or prop
Dragons have teeth. And dragons dont look exactly like boas snakes
Post automatically merged:

In some stories Yamata no Orochi is potrayed as Japanese Dragon.

Beside Zoro slaying a Dragon infront of Wano citizens will earn him the respect of Samurais n he can probably keep that prized Sword of Ryumma who himself slayed a dragon.
They're portrayed more as a snake as it is a snake, especially in Japanese mythology. They can be portrayed as a dragon in some stories, just like god is portrayed as a girl in some stories, but in Japanese mythology yamata no orochi is a snake.

Last edited:

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gotta admit I was kinda underwhelmed by the chapter. I like the teases we got, but I wish we saw more, especially with a break coming up and new years coming after that.

Anyway, onto the new stuff. Toko is very cute, I wonder if she's actually gonna be important. Maybe her and tama will become buds. I can see Tama hating Toko but Toko being persistently friendly.

How is this courtesan gonna come into play? Is it someone we know already? It can't be boa, right?? That's about the only guess I have right now. Besides it being odens wife, but that seems farfetched since people would know her.

Orochi confirmed for some kind of snake monster/hydra, which is not surprising given his name. I just wish we got a bigger glimpse at his form. I'm worried about Robin meeting Orochi though tbh. Not sure why, I just have a feeling she's gonna get discovered as a straw hat by him.

It was nice to see some action from Franky and Sanji though. Especially since Franky dropped the Senor Pink suplex like a bro. Kudos for that, Oda.

Honestly though, my favorite part of the chapter was the cover with Garp. I think Oda has just spoiled me the last few chapters by showing so many different plots in one chapter. In this chapter, he really only focused on 2. I guess I was really jonesing for some more Luffy/kidd action.

Ps- really liking the theory that the courtesan is Odens daughter , having her own revenge plan in play.

Also, pretty sure the silhouetted guy we saw complaining about Sanjis store was one of the 3 that got beat up this chapter.
Thats 1 silhouetted figure down. Your welcome!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sakazuki

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you think the shadow was just a illusion or prop
I think that's a bit of a wrong way to put it. I think I'm not the only one who has the feeling a bit too much emphasis has been placed on Orochi being powerful, while nothing substantial actually justifies that. In particular the fact that children get taught in school on how 'bad' the Kozuki clan was and how 'strong' Orochi is, comes over as rather suspicious. Like that he's trying to affirm his position by indoctrination rather than letting his skills speak for him.

And with a name like Orochi, you pretty much expect as multi-headed snake-like being. So all this feels like Oda is intentionally trying to put a suggestion in our mind to later on shatter it.

Jerry Berry

Kin
3,505💸
Kumi
9,166💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's no drama in the story and whatever development that goes on in there is so superficial. I miss the old One Piece, this new beast is all about fighting and powerups; it's so fake and lame. I feel like Oda should take a long, three to six months hiatus, step away from writing and then get back into it fresh again. His writing has degraded to an all-time low. He's ruining his own creation like that. Such a Shame...
I couldn't really disagree with this anymore than I already do. I think the story, the plot, the writing, is all fantastic. There are ups and downs to any story, there are things that stay stagnant, things a writer develops or things that become more important than they previously were. Regardless I think Oda is doing a fantastic job.
Excellent chapter, hyped to see orochi's form whether or not it's a decoration or a smile or another devil fruit. Want to see more involvement from robin as well.

Reactions: Wrappering_