Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah fam. Kidd keeping up with Luffy puts Law right into a trash bin. Mingo >>>> Law, while Gear 4 Luffy => Mingo. Now out of nowhere Kidd keeps up with someone above Law. The only way this is possible is if Kidd can keep up with only base Luffy otherwise it wouldn’t make sense at all.
Post automatically merged:

Excuse me, when did Zoro one shot Hawkins?
Talking about an extremely shallow and superficial reasoning that makes no sense and seems to be rooted completely in this weird urge to define a series solely on a highly subjective linear power scale that is void of any kind of sensibility, nuance or understanding of the complexity of the story and its characters.

Oh yeah, this seastone-shackled character can keep up with a seastone-schackled Luffy in a self-imposed rock-carrying competition. This automatically puts a completely different character that's somewhere else in the trash bin. I mean what? There is no coherence or logic in there whatsoever.

Not only are Law and Kid very different in almost everything aspect, you seem to forget that Kid originally was introduced as having the highest bounty of all the Supernovas and had a higher bounty than Law until recently and that Law's now is slightly higher, is due to the Dressrosa incident, which was in collaboration with Luffy. It has also just been revealed that Kid has the KD, which till further notice is not the case for Law. And unlike Law, who has had ample screen time, Kid has had little development.

What Kid and Luffy are now doing has nothing to do with Law. Heck even if Law would there be with them, I would find it highly unlikely he would be competing with them for the simple reason that he's a calculative tactician, while Luffy and Kid are more brawl than brains, and wouldn't find it a very good idea wasting energy on seeing who carries the most rocks.

Also Kid survived two years in the New World taking it head-on. His strength didn't just magically appear.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excuse me, when did Zoro one shot Hawkins?
Nowhere he's been throwing that shit around ever since the chapter came out in the hope that it sticks. It's a bit sad that it's still going on. Also Speed was manipulated by a DF and Dobon wasn't a headliner. So that whole list is stupid AF.

Zoro one shotting Hawkins holds just as much ground as any random marine shooting luffy with normal bullets. They killed him ! (if they didn't have a devil fruit)

--------

Also I just noticed Caribou in the prison, the star from fishman island who got captured by X-Drake on the cover stories.

Last edited:

WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I imagine it must be kind of comforting for KID to see there is someone else who wont submit. To not have that feeling he is the " only one" must give hom some kind of extra resolve

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not like Luffy learned cheat codes. The point of the time skip was to prepare the Strawhats so that they shouldn't go through the pain Luffy suffered when he lost Ace and story-wise, it's not like much time has passed since the return of the Strawhat crew. In that short timespan though, Luffy accumulated a 1.5b bounty, territory, an armada and tangled with the Yonkou.

Maybe Luffy would have obtained similar results if he went to the NW immediately, though most likely it would have taken much longer and would potentially have cost him dearly. Just look at Kid, one side of his body has been mangled, but he is still alive and going. Meaning he went through extreme hardships the last two years and that means something. So I don't really see any issues here with Kid keeping up with Luffy as it's kind of a superficial way of viewing things.
Yea i agree that Luffy realised he wasn't ready to go to NW after MF arc.
But others did went to NW. They have all closely seen Admirals n Pacifistas power in Sabody Arch arc.
So they were confident enough that they can make big name going to NW.
Various Supernovas made there own strategy like:
Capone- Join BM, married a girl of BM n wait for the opportunity to assassinate her
Drake also has some strategy for joining beast pirates
Bonney went to NW to clash with BB

Now if i m not wrong the whole Kid incident at Cake island didn't happened much before as BM ministers remember that incident.
We also heard about pekoms n tamago saying to mama that kid destroyed there ships. so i m assuming that when luffy n co.were in PH, kid was in cake island.
So its really hard to believe kid who wasn't able to do much in Cake island is actually keeping up with luffy especially with one arm.

I imagine it must be kind of comforting for KID to see there is someone else who wont submit. To not have that feeling he is the " only one" must give hom some kind of extra resolve
There's another guy who also haven't quit resisting Kaido. And he is also locked in that prison.

Last edited:

joker95

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hello can someone please explain me last part of 926 Ch.
when one of guard says you gonna be executed and kid says whaers your proof and then everyone is seems to be happy about it.
so that part i didnt get it. can some one please explain this to me.?
thank you.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hello can someone please explain me last part of 926 Ch.
when one of guard says you gonna be executed and kid says whaers your proof and then everyone is seems to be happy about it.
so that part i didnt get it. can some one please explain this to me.?
thank you.
He meant like where is the proof that they knocked out that Hippo dude.
Btw does anyone else think that both Kidd and Luffy used Haoshoku Haki to knock out the Hippo? Or maybe they just kicked him lol

Dobon wasn't a headliner. So that whole list is stupid AF.
You must be registered to see images

Lol so basically Kaido is making Luffy and Kidd strong enough to beat him by throwing them in a prison cell and forcing them to labor and tortured, yeah Kaido is going to regret that.

I was hoping we would focus on SHs not named Luffy this chapter and was hoping to get the Luffy-Kidd badass moments later but the more Kidd the better I guess. I really enjoyed the competitive moments between those two, Luffy doesn’t get too many real rivals so this was a nice change. I really like this dynamic between these two I feel like they are real rivals reminds me of Goku and Vegeta somewhat.

As for that Hippopotamus SMILE lol, Doflamingo finessed the hell out of Kaido,it seems like the SMILE users zoans cause more harm to the user than anything else, we saw it with Holdem and that lion and now the Hippopotamus guard.

Also when are we going to get some competent Beast Pirates outside of the calamities, where are the real zoan subordinates not this fake zoan shit. As things stand right now Kaido’s crew looks and acts more goofy than even Big Moms but her crew actually is hella strong in comparison. Hopefully the Beast pirates aren’t top heavy and we get some Oven, Perospero, and Daifuku level commanders.
Hey do you think its possible for a second commander to be stronger than the first commander? Idk why but I have this feeling that Queen is stronger than Katakuri.

Last edited:

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nowhere he's been throwing that shit around ever since the chapter came out in the hope that it sticks. It's a bit sad that it's still going on. Also Speed was manipulated by a DF and Dobon wasn't a headliner. So that whole list is stupid AF.

Zoro one shotting Hawkins holds just as much ground as any random marine shooting luffy with normal bullets. They killed him ! (if they didn't have a devil fruit)

--------

Also I just noticed Caribou in the prison, the star from fishman island who got captured by X-Drake on the cover stories.
Zoro took two of his lives. We don’t know how many he has but it’s different compared to luffy not taking damage from the bullets.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea i agree that Luffy realised he wasn't ready to go to NW after MF arc.
But others did went to NW. They have all closely seen Admirals n Pacifistas power in Sabody Arch arc.
So they were confident enough that they can make big name going to NW.
Various Supernovas made there own strategy like:
Capone- Join BM, married a girl of BM n wait for the opportunity to assassinate her
Drake also has some strategy for joining beast pirates
Bonney went to NW to clash with BB

Now if i m not wrong the whole Kid incident at Cake island didn't happened much before as BM ministers remember that incident.
We also heard about pekoms n tamago saying to mama that kid destroyed there ships. so i m assuming that when luffy n co.were in PH, kid was in cake island.
So its really hard to believe kid who wasn't able to do much in Cake island is actually keeping up with luffy especially with one arm.

There's another guy who also haven't quit resisting Kaido. And he is also locked in that prison.
I think confidence has little to do with this. Luffy came to the conclusion that he couldn't protect all his nakama after Ace's death, a sentiment most others didn't really share, care or experienced. Pretty much any pirate crew who arrives at Sabaody, leaves for the NW soon after. It's simply natural, but how did that turn out for most of the other Supernovas?

Bonney got taken down immediately, most likely she lost her crew afterwards one way or another.

Apoo and Hawkins immediately submitted the moment they came across a hurdle they couldn't take and frankly Bege and Drake probably did the same. That they all might have/had plans to take down a Yonkou from the inside means little as it still shows they didn't dare/couldn't take them head on. This is something Luffy would have never done.

Luffy on the other hand achieved more in a few months than all of the others combined in two years. And Kid, like Luffy, never buckled for anyone and he might have been beaten several times, which shows on his body, but he always came back and in the NW that counts. And his trespassing into BM's territory wasn't that recent and definitely not during the course of the present story as the moment Law and Luffy were forming their alliance, Kid was doing the same with Hawkins and Apoo. Kind of weird for a guy who would have just been manhandled by the BM Pirates. That he was taking down some of BM's ships also indicates his earlier trespassing happened quite a while ago seen from his perspective as it shows Kid survived and had no issues still picking a fight with her.

In the NW you fight the Yonkou or you submit to them and so far Kid was able to survive two years doing the former, but it took quite a toll on him.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He meant like where is the proof that they knocked out that Hippo dude.
Btw does anyone else think that both Kidd and Luffy used Haoshoku Haki to knock out the Hippo? Or maybe they just kicked him lol

You must be registered to see images

Hey do you think its possible for a second commander to be stronger than the first commander? Idk why but I have this feeling that Queen is stronger than Katakuri.
Katakuri > queen and king

Kin
56💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Talking about an extremely shallow and superficial reasoning that makes no sense and seems to be rooted completely in this weird urge to define a series solely on a highly subjective linear power scale that is void of any kind of sensibility, nuance or understanding of the complexity of the story and its characters.

Oh yeah, this seastone-shackled character can keep up with a seastone-schackled Luffy in a self-imposed rock-carrying competition. This automatically puts a completely different character that's somewhere else in the trash bin. I mean what? There is no coherence or logic in there whatsoever.

Not only are Law and Kid very different in almost everything aspect, you seem to forget that Kid originally was introduced as having the highest bounty of all the Supernovas and had a higher bounty than Law until recently and that Law's now is slightly higher, is due to the Dressrosa incident, which was in collaboration with Luffy. It has also just been revealed that Kid has the KD, which till further notice is not the case for Law. And unlike Law, who has had ample screen time, Kid has had little development.

What Kid and Luffy are now doing has nothing to do with Law. Heck even if Law would there be with them, I would find it highly unlikely he would be competing with them for the simple reason that he's a calculative tactician, while Luffy and Kid are more brawl than brains, and wouldn't find it a very good idea wasting energy on seeing who carries the most rocks.

Also Kid survived two years in the New World taking it head-on. His strength didn't just magically appear.
There is absolutely no reason of the belittling young lad.

Thanks for trash talking linear scaling then going on to make an excuse for it by pushing Kidd’s case.
> Kidd keeping up with Luffy doesn’t play any role on Law being a weaker being
> But then Kidd was portrayed to have the highest bounty and had Haoshoku Haki which Law doesn’t

:lmao:

Reactions: LordRaikage

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think oda does not want luffy to have easy run for pirate king. Kidd is def another person who will rival him. So far luffy has no rival from the worst generation . Kidd def will be rival for luffy .

I def dont want worst generation to be fan squad of luffy btw that really diluates whatever oda created so far.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is absolutely no reason of the belittling young lad.

Thanks for trash talking linear scaling then going on to make an excuse for it by pushing Kidd’s case.
> Kidd keeping up with Luffy doesn’t play any role on Law being a weaker being
> But then Kidd was portrayed to have the highest bounty and had Haoshoku Haki which Law doesn’t

:lmao:
You almost literally trashed a fictional character for no reason whatsoever and when I consequently pointed out the absurdity of that, your reaction is appropriately in line of that aforementioned sentiment, namely plainly whining and pretending you're being bullied. Then you follow up by a few sentences void of any coherence or context and expect it somehow to mean anything.

Instead of trash talking characters, whine and try to mock people when they point out the fallacy of your statements, you might want to focus more on the story and the quality of your posts.

What you did was borderline character bashing, which is against the rules. The fact that you then reacted mostly to me rather than the contents of my posts, shows you have little to no intention of being beneficial to this section. So one more of these posts and I will remove you.

Kin
56💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You almost literally trashed a fictional character for no reason whatsoever and when I consequently pointed out the absurdity of that, your reaction is appropriately in line of that aforementioned sentiment, namely plainly whining and pretending you're being bullied. Then you follow up by a few sentences void of any coherence or context and expect it somehow to mean anything.

Instead of trash talking characters, whine and try to mock people when they point out the fallacy of your statements, you might want to focus more on the story and the quality of your posts.
Huge bulk written to assert an inconsequential point. What I wrote you was thoroughly digestible and backed by story line. Kid failed WCI. Failed to defeat Snack who got defeated by Urougue. That is a damp on portrayal and lowered expectations on the character itself. Failed expedition to WCL is nothing to be ashamed about but failing to pass a single Sweet Commander is a dismal effort.

What you did was borderline character bashing, which is against the rules. The fact that you then reacted mostly to me rather than the contents of my posts, shows you have little to no intention of being beneficial to this section. So one more of these posts and I will remove you.
The irony in this is you reacting to me instead of the completely raised valid points. Then goes on to threaten a removal, leaves me baffled on who’s playing victimhood here. However it’s fine... weird flex but ok

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Huge bulk written to assert an inconsequential point. What I wrote you was thoroughly digestible and backed by story line. Kid failed WCI. Failed to defeat Snack who got defeated by Urougue. That is a damp on portrayal and lowered expectations on the character itself. Failed expedition to WCL is nothing to be ashamed about but failing to pass a single Sweet Commander is a dismal effort.

The irony in this is you reacting to me instead of the completely raised valid points. Then goes on to threaten a removal, leaves me baffled on who’s playing victimhood here. However it’s fine... weird flex but ok
A 'huge' bulk of text consisting out of 5 lines that merely explained what you did, which was apparently quite needed as you didn't seem to understand it and still don't.

You wrote barely anything and if you had any backup by the storyline, then that raises the question why instead of focusing on that, you rather talk about how you supposedly get belittled and start laughing randomly. You wrote two random lines. No context, no coherence, no nothing and your initial post wasn't any better where you, as I explained before, just used some shallow power scale.

And as you bring up this so-called backup of the story, well that says that somewhere in a two-year period Kid tried to enter BM's territory. We don't know when it exactly happened, who he faced or how it went down. Only that he had to flee, which he succeeded at and had no issues provoking BM afterwards by sinking ships of her. For all we know this went down a month after the War of the Best. It comes down that you make highly subjective judgements based on very limited and vague information. What's more this has absolutely nothing to do with Law, who never tried to invade BM's territory as far as we know, and has little to do with Kid being able to carry as much rocks as Luffy. The more I read this, the more absurd this reasoning you employ starts to sound.

Only you never raised any valid points or almost any kind of points for that matter. You were more occupied with me than with what I wrote in my posts and this post is barely any better. So it becomes laughable that you are then going to point out I didn't react on random things you wrote, while you yourself never ever bothered replying to my original points to begin with, and pull the "he is threatening me"-card instead.

You trashed a character for no particular reason and none of your posts come even close to justifying that. On NB we somewhat condoned that, but we have no intention of letting such poisonous behavior spread also on AB as that's what it is. People just trashing and foul-mouthing characters for irrational, shallow and most of the time completely wrong reasons creates a toxic environment.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The irony in this i his you reacting to me instead of the completely raised valid points. Then goes on to threaten a removal, leaves me baffled on who’s playing victimhood here. However it’s fine... weird flex but ok
Weird flex but ok lmaoooo ???

A 'huge' bulk of text consisting out of 5 lines that merely explained what you did, which was apparently quite needed as you didn't seem to understand it and still don't.

You wrote barely anything and if you had any backup by the storyline, then that raises the question why instead of focusing on that, you rather talk about how you supposedly get belittled and start laughing randomly. You wrote two random lines. No context, no coherence, no nothing and your initial post wasn't any better where you, as I explained before, just used some shallow power scale.

And as you bring up this so-called backup of the story, well that says that somewhere in a two-year period Kid tried to enter BM's territory. We don't know when it exactly happened, who he faced or how it went down. Only that he had to flee, which he succeeded at and had no issues provoking BM afterwards by sinking ships of her. For all we know this went down a month after the War of the Best. It comes down that you make highly subjective judgements based on very limited and vague information. What's more this has absolutely nothing to do with Law, who never tried to invade BM's territory as far as we know, and has little to do with Kid being able to carry as much rocks as Luffy. The more I read this, the more absurd this reasoning you employ starts to sound.

Only you never raised any valid points or almost any kind of points for that matter. You were more occupied with me than with what I wrote in my posts and this post is barely any better. So it becomes laughable that you are then going to point out I didn't react on random things you wrote, while you yourself never ever bothered replying to my original points to begin with, and pull the "he is threatening me"-card instead.

You trashed a character for no particular reason and none of your posts come even close to justifying that. On NB we somewhat condoned that, but we have no intention of letting such poisonous behavior spread also on AB as that's what it is. People just trashing and foul-mouthing characters for irrational, shallow and most of the time completely wrong reasons creates a toxic environment.
Hey you guys seem to have no problem letting people bad mouth akainu :mad:

Yeah and Hawkins did nothing about it, can't call it a one shot if you already need 2 shots, besides Hawkins received 0 damage.

Point still stands.
Idk just because he has more than one life doesn't mean he wasn't one shotted like kakashi with kakuzu, he just happened to have another life lol. He was killed, if he wasn't killed his teammates wouldn't have burned up. Luffy wasnt killed by bullets and then had another life

Last edited:

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah and Hawkins did nothing about it, can't call it a one shot if you already need 2 shots, besides Hawkins received 0 damage.

Point still stands.
i never said it was a one shot. I am just saying its not the same as logia taking hits or luffy taking bullets. Hawkins regen is limited.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea I didn’t call it a one shot and I just called your comparison to be incorrect.
This back and forth is getting old, this is my last reply.

Passerby said that Zoro one shotted Hawkins, I called bullshit. I have no idea why you keep bringing that up since that is not something you brought up in the first place. My comparison with Hawkins using his devil fruit ability to negate damage isn't that different from Luffy throwing himself in front of canonballs or Logia's taking hits that would kill other people. A good DF user is trained to the point where they can recognize what is dangerous to them and what isn't. Hawkins wasn't even fazed when he got slashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.