Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"This Is Otama!"

One Piece Manga Chapter 1016 Discussion and 1017 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga 1016 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga 1017

BEGIN READING ONE PIECE NOW!!

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To be honest I feel lyk I m stuck in some sort of loop where every chapter I read, Ulti is going to bash Tama n Nami will lyk one shot her. She will stand up n try to repeat the same thing. Why can't Oda just wrap up this part n focus on other fights.

Moving to Yamato part I feel Yamato's motivation kinda BS. From the start she claims herself to be Oden, then she wanted to sail with SHs n now trying to play Gatz from Dressrosa (stalling time for Luffy). I still don't understand what's her motivation? It seems she's nothing more than a rebel kid in this verse.

I will rate it 1/5

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nami certified badass

Usopp good effort buddy.

The announcement of the flying six falling reminded me of Ennies Lobby where Luffy was taking out big numbers but the message was reported incorrectly to Spandam,

• Haha
Reactions: minamoto

Shellshocked

Kin
378💸
Kumi
43💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the power up Nami got is great just hope going forward she isn’t nerfed
ChOter was 3/5 too much going on to get a short chapter with nothing really resolved but ultimately getting took down

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
An alright albeit short chapter this time. Zoro fulfilling the expectations he had of ninja Raizo is funny. Hitetsu and Toko remind us that the Fire Festival is a day that honors the dead and brings back their spirits to the mortal realm, also that Hiyori is free and by herself right now.

If it's 4000 to one, always bet on Queen. Back on Cipher Pol watch, we're told 5k more fodder have been lost - minus 3k for the Beast Pirates and minus 2k for the samurai since chapter 1003. The alliance came in outnumbered 6-to-1 so these losses are unsustainable. Queen's antics and Chopper's doctoring made a mere 4k Pleasures and Waiters in the main hall switch sides to boost the alliance to 7k, leaving the enemy down to 20 thousand. Since the enemy started with 30 thousand, we're only a third of the way there! With 2 samurai lost for every 3 Beast pirates, the alliance only bought themselves time and is still on track to lose, giving weight to Tama's announcement that will flip the powerhouse Gifters.

Mage Nami finally gets her magical wand, the 10th nakama Cotton. Zeus explains that BM wringing out his soul for Hera to consume left him in a leaky state where he could posses another object like how homies are created, fortunately the climatact was inside Hera's mouth. Zeus says nothing about losing part of his soul or being weakened, so it's fair to assume Hera got tingles eating only charged cloud. The result is an unimaginable power up starting with Zeus extending and transforming into a morning star, more or less what Napoleon does going from a hat to a sword long enough to bisect the Sunny.

While I love that Nami has physical combat options now, this feature isn't so good on a non-haki user as Ulti takes that bagua like a champ not dropping Tama. Credit to Usopp for the save. Nami summons cloud Zeus again, revealing any product of the climatact is just an extension of Zeus now. Nami strikes, Ulti dodges, and Zeus with the autoaim finishes the job reminiscent of Big Mom's Indra. The most impressive part was that Zeus went beyond any weapon and acted like Nami's second brain. He evaluated Ulti's condition, came up with the plan, Nami followed suit with Zeus delivering the hits.

Thirty-six chapters into the raid, the first two dominoes fall. A big embarrassing announcement by Bao Huang that Ulti and Page One are L-O-S-E-R-S is the story equivalent of calling the fight. The Tobiroppo look roughed up and stunned as they've now lost half of their forces including traitor X-Drake. While it's true that Ulti was defeated in base form and never unleashed the Ulti Meteor, she got spanked by Yamato, Oven'd by Big Mom, now downed by upgraded Nami to suggest even Oda is tired of punishing the pachy. Page One, I assume, just got his neck snapped. Oof. While it's hard to call their victories well earned, Nami and Usopp's group struggle against opponents who outclassed them was refreshing and having some non-traditional fights in the mix adds to the charm of Onigashima's chaotic war.

Thank you Sanji for believing in miracles. Amusing that these two were actually the first ones to win.

Tama's epic announcement is that One Piece....is on break next week. Chapter ends with what could be the largest non-CoC haki clash in the series. The attitude on Kaido to go hybrid right away and bring that ass whoopin' to Yamato. Does another Yonko kid have Conqueror's? Is Yamato using hybrid to match this Kaido? Yamato is determined to take a Yonko beating for captain Luffy, and somehow survive and sail out of Wano. There is no question this is the strongest nakama candidate by far in the New World saga. But a lot can change between now and the end of Wano as a character imitating the thoughts and desires of Oden becomes self-realized.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone, do yourself a favor and watch the latest episode (978), the second half has animation that rivals movie quality.

This is the Toei treatment One Piece always deserved.

Reactions: Jokey

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To be honest I feel lyk I m stuck in some sort of loop where every chapter I read, Ulti is going to bash Tama n Nami will lyk one shot her. She will stand up n try to repeat the same thing. Why can't Oda just wrap up this part n focus on other fights.

Moving to Yamato part I feel Yamato's motivation kinda BS. From the start she claims herself to be Oden, then she wanted to sail with SHs n now trying to play Gatz from Dressrosa (stalling time for Luffy). I still don't understand what's her motivation? It seems she's nothing more than a rebel kid in this verse.

I will rate it 1/5
Not one backstory or reasoning for joining the crew has left a viewer saying it’s anywhere near BS. Oda hasn’t even dropped Yamatos backstory yet. You’re reading One piece, you should know better to judge after knowing everything lol

Yamato last straw hat confirmed! Still betting on Otama and Momo to join as apprentices until Raftel.

4/5 chapter

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not one backstory or reasoning for joining the crew has left a viewer saying it’s anywhere near BS. Oda hasn’t even dropped Yamatos backstory yet. You’re reading One piece, you should know better to judge after knowing everything lol

Yamato last straw hat confirmed! Still betting on Otama and Momo to join as apprentices until Raftel.

4/5 chapter
So far in the series Luffy has collected ppl who are assigned to a certain role in the ship. Like Sanji is cook, Nami is navigator, Chopper is Doctor etc.

When Luffy met Yamato, she said, "since Luffy's Ace's brother he will accept her as crewmate". But Luffy never said once he's gonna take Yamato with him did he?
You must be registered to see images

You say we going to get Yamato's backstory. Seriously she had already told everything about her childhood.
She was present during Oden's execution,

Got Oden's log book,

Wanted to be like Oden and got thrashed by Kaido whenever she said BS like that,

fought with Ace

What more is left that you want to see from her childhood?
Her entire persona revolves around being Oden n leaving Wano. Even though Kaido wants to make him next Shogun.
For me she's a very shallow character n could break the powerscaling of SHs if she somehow joins them.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An alright albeit short chapter this time. Zoro fulfilling the expectations he had of ninja Raizo is funny. Hitetsu and Toko remind us that the Fire Festival is a day that honors the dead and brings back their spirits to the mortal realm, also that Hiyori is free and by herself right now.

If it's 4000 to one, always bet on Queen. Back on Cipher Pol watch, we're told 5k more fodder have been lost - minus 3k for the Beast Pirates and minus 2k for the samurai since chapter 1003. The alliance came in outnumbered 6-to-1 so these losses are unsustainable. Queen's antics and Chopper's doctoring made a mere 4k Pleasures and Waiters in the main hall switch sides to boost the alliance to 7k, leaving the enemy down to 20 thousand. Since the enemy started with 30 thousand, we're only a third of the way there! With 2 samurai lost for every 3 Beast pirates, the alliance only bought themselves time and is still on track to lose, giving weight to Tama's announcement that will flip the powerhouse Gifters.

Mage Nami finally gets her magical wand, the 10th nakama Cotton. Zeus explains that BM wringing out his soul for Hera to consume left him in a leaky state where he could posses another object like how homies are created, fortunately the climatact was inside Hera's mouth. Zeus says nothing about losing part of his soul or being weakened, so it's fair to assume Hera got tingles eating only charged cloud. The result is an unimaginable power up starting with Zeus extending and transforming into a morning star, more or less what Napoleon does going from a hat to a sword long enough to bisect the Sunny.

While I love that Nami has physical combat options now, this feature isn't so good on a non-haki user as Ulti takes that bagua like a champ not dropping Tama. Credit to Usopp for the save. Nami summons cloud Zeus again, revealing any product of the climatact is just an extension of Zeus now. Nami strikes, Ulti dodges, and Zeus with the autoaim finishes the job reminiscent of Big Mom's Indra. The most impressive part was that Zeus went beyond any weapon and acted like Nami's second brain. He evaluated Ulti's condition, came up with the plan, Nami followed suit with Zeus delivering the hits.

Thirty-six chapters into the raid, the first two dominoes fall. A big embarrassing announcement by Bao Huang that Ulti and Page One are L-O-S-E-R-S is the story equivalent of calling the fight. The Tobiroppo look roughed up and stunned as they've now lost half of their forces including traitor X-Drake. While it's true that Ulti was defeated in base form and never unleashed the Ulti Meteor, she got spanked by Yamato, Oven'd by Big Mom, now downed by upgraded Nami to suggest even Oda is tired of punishing the pachy. Page One, I assume, just got his neck snapped. Oof. While it's hard to call their victories well earned, Nami and Usopp's group struggle against opponents who outclassed them was refreshing and having some non-traditional fights in the mix adds to the charm of Onigashima's chaotic war.

Thank you Sanji for believing in miracles. Amusing that these two were actually the first ones to win.

Tama's epic announcement is that One Piece....is on break next week. Chapter ends with what could be the largest non-CoC haki clash in the series. The attitude on Kaido to go hybrid right away and bring that ass whoopin' to Yamato. Does another Yonko kid have Conqueror's? Is Yamato using hybrid to match this Kaido? Yamato is determined to take a Yonko beating for captain Luffy, and somehow survive and sail out of Wano. There is no question this is the strongest nakama candidate by far in the New World saga. But a lot can change between now and the end of Wano as a character imitating the thoughts and desires of Oden becomes self-realized.
I don't care what anyone says Zeus being able to plant himself in Nami's climatact without Mama's ability doing so but not being able to leave Nami's climatact without Mama's ability doing so makes no sense.
BM's soul piece shouldn't be able to plant itself in objects or leave the cloud on it's own to start with. Zeus slipping out of the cloud at all is counter intuitive to how BM's power was explained to work.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't care what anyone says Zeus being able to plant himself in Nami's climatact without Mama's ability doing so but not being able to leave Nami's climatact without Mama's ability doing so makes no sense.
BM's soul piece shouldn't be able to plant itself in objects or leave the cloud on it's own to start with. Zeus slipping out of the cloud at all is counter intuitive to how BM's power was explained to work.
What are you talking about ? They literally said Big Mom took his soul out of the cloud for Hera to consume. So at that point he was just a roaming soul Big Mom didn't control anymore because it was intended for Hera to eat him.

We know souls with free will exist from Brook and Moria's abilities. So Zeus when he was no longer controlled choose to be in the climatact.

Then he goes on to saying, I can't leave without mama's powers.

So you're arguing about souls and magical wands like there is actual science behind it. Which there is not. And if you want to discuss the rules set in the One Piece universe, it would help if you didn't selectively read the story. Because your issues are (to be) addressed.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

Jokey

Supreme
Kin
113💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So far in the series Luffy has collected ppl who are assigned to a certain role in the ship. Like Sanji is cook, Nami is navigator, Chopper is Doctor etc.

When Luffy met Yamato, she said, "since Luffy's Ace's brother he will accept her as crewmate". But Luffy never said once he's gonna take Yamato with him did he?

You say we going to get Yamato's backstory. Seriously she had already told everything about her childhood.
She was present during Oden's execution,

Got Oden's log book,

Wanted to be like Oden and got thrashed by Kaido whenever she said BS like that,

fought with Ace

What more is left that you want to see from her childhood?
Her entire persona revolves around being Oden n leaving Wano. Even though Kaido wants to make him next Shogun.
For me she's a very shallow character n could break the powerscaling of SHs if she somehow joins them.
What was Odens reasoning for joining WB or Rogers crew? Oden and Yamatos storylines will both be very similar, and Yamato would fit the task of writing things down on a logbook for their last adventure to Elbaf and Raftel.

With backstory I meant the 2/3 sometimes even 4 episodes (in this case one or two chapters) that show precisely what future potential Straw hat has been through during their childhood or time of suffering. You’ve literally shown me one panel.

I also disagree on the powerscaling part. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji will always remain the monster trio. Jimbei joined didn’t he? I’m sure he’s equal if not stronger than Sanji. He’d also be able to last long against Zoro. This means absolutely nothing.

You do know that Oda is planning a Blackbeard VS. Straw Hats fight somewhere near the end of the story right? Like he has been foreshadowing that Luffy and Blackbeard will both attain the same amount of crew members since Skypiea arc. Yamato is the perfect addition to stand a chance against whatever other DF the crew attained. It will be a 11 vs. 11.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What was Odens reasoning for joining WB or Rogers crew? Oden and Yamatos storylines will both be very similar, and Yamato would fit the task of writing things down on a logbook for their last adventure to Elbaf and Raftel.

With backstory I meant the 2/3 sometimes even 4 episodes (in this case one or two chapters) that show precisely what future potential Straw hat has been through during their childhood or time of suffering. You’ve literally shown me one panel.

I also disagree on the powerscaling part. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji will always remain the monster trio. Jimbei joined didn’t he? I’m sure he’s equal if not stronger than Sanji. He’d also be able to last long against Zoro. This means absolutely nothing.

You do know that Oda is planning a Blackbeard VS. Straw Hats fight somewhere near the end of the story right? Like he has been foreshadowing that Luffy and Blackbeard will both attain the same amount of crew members since Skypiea arc. Yamato is the perfect addition to stand a chance against whatever other DF the crew attained. It will be a 11 vs. 11.
Oden n Yamato's reasoning is different. Oden wanted to see outside world n wanted to know void century. On the other hand Yamato just want to leave Wano.
Unlike other SHs who has dreams like becoming WSS, Finding One Piece etc, Yamato's dream is just to get out of Wano. Which again she can do, if she sail with Kid or Law.
Now that she don't have those cuffs she can set sail with anyone.
Not to forget she fits no job role on Sunny.

You say it won't affect power scaling. You see Zoro with his best shot can't stop Kaido for long. He even had Law to get him out of there and now we see Yamato clashing with Kaido alone saying she will stall Kaido till Luffy's return. This itself proves she's either at Zoro's lvl or 1 step above him. You bring Jinbei's point but Jinbei was never shown as Commander lvl guy.

You bring the argument that BB got 10 Titanic Captains and SHs need one more to balance it. But we still don't know who the 10th captain is in BB's crew?
You are thinking way ahead. Let's not forget SHs can get unexpected allies inform of Aokiji to help with that. And it won't be the first time. We getting this sort of stuff alot post TS like G5 becoming temporary allies during PH arc, Colosseum fighters became temporary allies bcus of Ussop, Vinsmoke/Capone again joined hands at the end of WCI and lastly Drake jumping Ship during Wano arc. Who knows another Worst Generation member or WB pirate remnant helps SHs balancing those numbers.

You have to understand already 2 guys have joined SHs in this arc- Jinbei n Zeus. They both need some time n plot so that readers can connect to them. If we go with popular opinion then Carrot has a better chance joining SHs then Yamato. Afterall she can say she's fulfilling Pedro's dream of sailing with Pirate king. And it doesn't affect powerscaling of SHs.

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Jinbe hasn't expressed an outright ambition nor received extensive Flashback sequence. However, there is a significant narrative outline that punctuated his arrival and solidified his importance. As is he is, the Fishmen's ambassador, having represented their cause in both aggressive and diplomatic variants. With Joyboy having made a promise to his people via their Queen, Jinbe's inclusion with respect to this narrative device is evident. Its further supplemented by his strong relationship with Ace -- and assuming the role of protector which he feel indebted to Ace. This brings us to Yamato. We're in 2021.

Gone are the days of being filter feed nakama potential. Stop expecting or demanding tomes worth of panels. At this stage Strength and Thematic relevance are the biggest determining factor. Luffy is all about Freedom and Choice. Two things Kaido robbed Yamato from experiencing. There's the matter of her being great friends with Ace, with him promising to return and sail out with her. With his death, there is all the more onus to grant her this wish. Onto the meat of the issue. Yamato is inspired by Oden and wished to experience life through his lens. An Oden dwarfed by Roger who himself admits Joyboy was an existence far beyond him. Should Luffy be this figure Yamato gets to not only go through the journey Oden went but accomplish something he couldn't. Yamato is the first Strawhat who has the same 1:1 desire as Luffy.

The Rooftoop Quintuplets were prophesied 20 years ago. Oden believed they were more capable than he was. The same Oden, Yamato is awe of. They've beaten up Kaido and softened him up. Killer whose the "weakest" from Scaling POV had Kaido's eyeballs rolling back in agony. In that time he's been stabbed, punched, crushed and internally eviscerated. This isn't even me counting Zoro's permanent scar or Luffy's CoCA that had damaged him further. Yamato fighting Kaido doesn't change this fact he isn't fresh. People are acting like they're matched. Zoro blocked two Emperors and still had enough to wound the WSC. Luffy was tussling with Kaido in BASE. How does Yamato joining change this fact. You think she's going to end up above those two somehow?? How??
I implore people to read Chapter 999 and 1000 - thoroughly.

Jinbe was invited in Fishman Island. He "joined" the Strawhats in WCI by officially severing his ties with Linlin. Zeus is a powerup. A sentient talking cloud but a powerup nonetheless. He doesn't need to swear fidelity to Luffy and promise to serve him. He's indebted to Nami who he calls master. All the SH are bound by one universal fact. They acknowledge or were acknowledged by Luffy to sail under his banner. The zombie Luffy tried to recruit is more of "nakama" than Zeus is.

Last edited:

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

4/5 chapter
Yamato's backstory can be shown at the same time with the backstory of kaido and Yamato was abused in her childhood which is a quality one should posses to be a SH...Yamato will become SH for sure and she will be the one who will introduce them to the road poneglyph of the wano.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jinbe hasn't expressed an outright ambition nor received extensive Flashback sequence. However, there is a significant narrative outline that punctuated his arrival and solidified his importance. As is he is, the Fishmen's ambassador, having represented their cause in both aggressive and diplomatic variants. With Joyboy having made a promise to his people via their Queen, Jinbe's inclusion with respect to this narrative device is evident. Its further supplemented by his strong relationship with Ace -- and assuming the role of protector which he feel indebted to Ace. This brings us to Yamato. We're in 2021.

Gone are the days of being filter feed nakama potential. Stop expecting or demanding tomes worth of panels. At this stage Strength and Thematic relevance are the biggest determining factor. Luffy is all about Freedom and Choice. Two things Kaido robbed Yamato from experiencing. There's the matter of her being great friends with Ace, with him promising to return and sail out with her. With his death, there is all the more onus to grant her this wish. Onto the meat of the issue. Yamato is inspired by Oden and wished to experience life through his lens. An Oden dwarfed by Roger who himself admits Joyboy was an existence far beyond him. Should Luffy be this figure Yamato gets to not only go through the journey Oden went but accomplish something he couldn't. Yamato is the first Strawhat who has the same 1:1 desire as Luffy.

The Rooftoop Quintuplets were prophesied 20 years ago. Oden believed they were more capable than he was. The same Oden, Yamato is awe of. They've beaten up Kaido and softened him up. Killer whose the "weakest" from Scaling POV had Kaido's eyeballs rolling back in agony. In that time he's been stabbed, punched, crushed and internally eviscerated. This isn't even me counting Zoro's permanent scar or Luffy's CoCA that had damaged him further. Yamato fighting Kaido doesn't change this fact he isn't fresh. People are acting like they're matched. Zoro blocked two Emperors and still had enough to wound the WSC. Luffy was tussling with Kaido in BASE. How does Yamato joining change this fact. You think she's going to end up above those two somehow?? How??
I implore people to read Chapter 999 and 1000 - thoroughly.

Jinbe was invited in Fishman Island. He "joined" the Strawhats in WCI by officially severing his ties with Linlin. Zeus is a powerup. A sentient talking cloud but a powerup nonetheless. He doesn't need to swear fidelity to Luffy and promise to serve him. He's indebted to Nami who he calls master. All the SH are bound by one universal fact. They acknowledge or were acknowledged by Luffy to sail under his banner. The zombie Luffy tried to recruit is more of "nakama" than Zeus is.
If Oda wanted to add more ppl in SHs post TS then he would have added them by now.
Just to explain my point- It's close to 400chapters after Timeskip and only 1 member have joined SHs.
Don't you think that's self explanatory.

But if that's not enough then Jinbei was immediately given a role - Helmsman by Oda.
So yes Oda still assigns specific job roles to specific SH members.

Another point which many ppl overlook is that all the SHs were introduced Pre TS. Not even a single character was introduced post TS and became a part of SH(minus Zeus which I believe you agree that he's more of a weapon sorta thing). This further proves my point that if SHs are going to face BBs 10 Titanic Captains then they going to get help either from Aokiji or another Supernova(introduced Pre TS).

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Oda wanted to add more ppl in SHs post TS then he would have added them by now.
Just to explain my point- It's close to 400chapters after Timeskip and only 1 member have joined SHs.
Don't you think that's self explanatory.

But if that's not enough then Jinbei was immediately given a role - Helmsman by Oda.
So yes Oda still assigns specific job roles to specific SH members.

Another point which many ppl overlook is that all the SHs were introduced Pre TS. Not even a single character was introduced post TS and became a part of SH(minus Zeus which I believe you agree that he's more of a weapon sorta thing). This further proves my point that if SHs are going to face BBs 10 Titanic Captains then they going to get help either from Aokiji or another Supernova(introduced Pre TS).
What does 'Joining' even mean when you have characters like Kin'emon who has been with the Strawhats since Punk Hazard ?
How many chapters did we spend sailing on the sea as a complete crew ?
What is the status of people like Barto and Cavendish ?

Your pre-skip views of the Strawhats are outdated by 8 years. It's not that little group on the merry anymore with the monster trio where it's clear who takes on who based on 1,2 and 3 in terms of power.

Now we have suprenova's and schichibukai and navy, and ex-navy and revolutionaries in the mix who all want a piece of the action.

And Jimbei is stronger than Sanji by a decent margin. So why would it be disastrous if Yamato would be stronger then Zoro ? She has that yonkou blood in the veins and haki mastery on top of that.

Sanji is younger than Jimbei and Zoro can learn things from Yamato, so they can still progress on their journey to Raftel.

You've had your mouth full of bad story writing, you know what would be bad ? If the main characters are overpowered, you would be reading Fairy Tail. So you're entitled to your opinion, but your suggestions are worse.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What does 'Joining' even mean when you have characters like Kin'emon who has been with the Strawhats since Punk Hazard ?
How many chapters did we spend sailing on the sea as a complete crew ?
What is the status of people like Barto and Cavendish ?
Kinemon, Raizo, Momo and Kanjuro did they become part of SHs? Answer is no. They are nothing more than SH allies.

Barto n Cavendish are part of fleet not the original crew. That's complete different set.

So "Joining the crew" doesn't mean sailing with SHs. If we go that way then multiple ppl had sail with SHs and we don't count them part of SHs. Do we? So the argument still stand that it's 400+ chapters and only 1 guy joined. The guy who was introduced Pre TS n had connection with Luffy.

Your pre-skip views of the Strawhats are outdated by 8 years. It's not that little group on the merry anymore with the monster trio where it's clear who takes on who based on 1,2 and 3 in terms of power.

Now we have suprenova's and schichibukai and navy, and ex-navy and revolutionaries in the mix who all want a piece of the action.
How is this outdated? Has the crewmate not assigned job roles?
Didn't Oda immediately gave Jinbei a job role?
You say now Shichibukai, Marines n Supernovas are thrown into the mix but in this same arc the way it's getting set we going to get Luffy v Kaido, Zoro n Sanji v King n Queen..
So Oda himself is setting the final battle as per pre TS standards.

And Jimbei is stronger than Sanji by a decent margin. So why would it be disastrous if Yamato would be stronger then Zoro ? She has that yonkou blood in the veins and haki mastery on top of that.

Sanji is younger than Jimbei and Zoro can learn things from Yamato, so they can still progress on their journey to Raftel.
What margin you talking about? How's Jinbei above Sanji that too after Sanji got a power boost inform of Raid suit?
As per you it's ok if Yamato is ahead of Zoro bcus he has Yonko blood. BM's all kids have Yonko blood. So all of them should be above Zoro n Sanji right?
I don't understand this logic altogether. It's first time I am hearing that ppl are okay if Monster Trio is broken. If Oda wanted to break Monster Trio he would have made Jinbei joined SHs in FI arc itself. At that point Sanji n Zoro didn't got any power boost and he would have been above them. But Oda is smart that's why he brought Jinbei only after Sanji used Raid suit. Heck Sanji gonna clash with Queen who is obviously stronger than who's who.

You've had your mouth full of bad story writing, you know what would be bad ? If the main characters are overpowered, you would be reading Fairy Tail. So you're entitled to your opinion, but your suggestions are worse.
I believe you think One Piece is perfect.
Heck I am not even suggesting anything here. If you want to debate on Yamato come up with good argument.
Tell me what job role fits her.
Tell me why Oda will break Monster Trio just to add someone who's not even introduced at the start of this arc.
Prove it that Zoro can learn from her not from Luffy about advance stuff.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kinemon, Raizo, Momo and Kanjuro did they become part of SHs? Answer is no. They are nothing more than SH allies.

Barto n Cavendish are part of fleet not the original crew. That's complete different set.

So "Joining the crew" doesn't mean sailing with SHs. If we go that way then multiple ppl had sail with SHs and we don't count them part of SHs. Do we? So the argument still stand that it's 400+ chapters and only 1 guy joined. The guy who was introduced Pre TS n had connection with Luffy.

How is this outdated? Has the crewmate not assigned job roles?
Didn't Oda immediately gave Jinbei a job role?
You say now Shichibukai, Marines n Supernovas are thrown into the mix but in this same arc the way it's getting set we going to get Luffy v Kaido, Zoro n Sanji v King n Queen..
So Oda himself is setting the final battle as per pre TS standards.

What margin you talking about? How's Jinbei above Sanji that too after Sanji got a power boost inform of Raid suit?
As per you it's ok if Yamato is ahead of Zoro bcus he has Yonko blood. BM's all kids have Yonko blood. So all of them should be above Zoro n Sanji right?
I don't understand this logic altogether. It's first time I am hearing that ppl are okay if Monster Trio is broken. If Oda wanted to break Monster Trio he would have made Jinbei joined SHs in FI arc itself. At that point Sanji n Zoro didn't got any power boost and he would have been above them. But Oda is smart that's why he brought Jinbei only after Sanji used Raid suit. Heck Sanji gonna clash with Queen who is obviously stronger than who's who.

I believe you think One Piece is perfect.
Heck I am not even suggesting anything here. If you want to debate on Yamato come up with good argument.
Tell me what job role fits her.
Tell me why Oda will break Monster Trio just to add someone who's not even introduced at the start of this arc.
Prove it that Zoro can learn from her not from Luffy about advance stuff.
Big wordy mess of nonsense, I think my original point still stands.

The point of those first three questions was that Kin'emon spend more chapters and arcs on the Sunny then half of the actual members did pre skip. So I understand that they're not members, but that doesn't take away from the point how Oda is introducing people to party post skip. Same goes with the grand fleet, he is going for a different dynamic.

Pre-skip and post-skip or a connection with Luffy don't really matter because Luffy doesn't exist, he is fictional. The relationship Oda is trying to establish is with the reader. And as a reader we have known Kin'emon for like six years, not as an official member but still being at Luffy's side.

Job roles are not a big deal. Navigator, cook, medic and shipwright had an impact on the story, but all those were filled pretty fast and they were actively looking for those. As for the rest, they just get something assigned that fits their dream or background. Jimbei the helmsman: okay cool, did they ever really need one ? Or a musician or a archaeologist (yes yes poneglyps, it's still not a role on a ship). What is Zoro ? first mate ? What does that entail and what was the last time he acted as a first mate ? Point is if Yamato joins Oda will come up with some kind of role, don't you worry about it.

Maybe ambassador of Wano when they open up the borders. So she can sail the ship of the pirate king visiting places and establish bonds with other kingdoms and allies. Completely fits in Oden's book.

You're cherrypicking with the fight matchups now, besides that King vs Zoro is highly speculated since King is nowhere to be seen for a couple of chapters and Zoro is in a cast. Just look back how Whole Cake arc, Dressrosa, Zou and Punk Hazard were handled where some of the big bads were being taken on by third parties.

Law vs vergo, Ino/Neko vs Jack, Sabo vs Fuji, Vinsmokes vs Big mom Pirates, Grand Fleet vs Doffy family. Only fight that comes to mind is Zoro vs Pica. So the high profile matches are more often for Luffy and new characters that claim spotlight then they are for the Strawhats that fit your outdated pattern.

I'm aware that Sanji has a raid suit, I still think Jimbei is stronger. He hold himself briefly vs Big Mom on the ship and is doing good work in both wars against the yonkou so far. Don't forget he came back unscathed when he joined the fishmen in their attempt to stop Big Mom from chasing the Strawhats. I don't see Sanji doing that to be honest.

"As per you it's ok if Yamato is ahead of Zoro bcus he has Yonko blood. BM's all kids have Yonko blood. So all of them should be above Zoro n Sanji right ?"

No ! Dumb statement, don't put words in my mouth. I explained where Yamato's strength came from, her lineage. That doesn't mean that every child of a yonkou uses their potential or were blessed with the same talents. Brulee is pretty capable, but she is no Katakuri. So it depends who joins, but some family members are stronger than current Zoro and Sanji yes. Definitely not all.

What is the monster trio anyway ? It's a dynamic. That dynamic won't be lost. The only thing that changes is the hierarchy in power. If you want to fight other yonkou, the government or whatever enemy in the future. It's clear you need help because Chopper and Usopp aren't cutting it, hell even Zoro had only one good attack in him. You're going to need firepower, and Oda delivers in the form of Jimbei and Yamato (and the grand fleet)

I don't think One Piece is perfect, if only for the simple fact that I rated this chapter 4 stars. Luffy never shared any of his knowledge with his crew. Luffy most of the times understand things by feeling it and doesn't react to any conventional methods of teaching, let alone him being a teacher and lastly doesn't use a weapon.

Zoro got his haki sucked out of him by his blade and got over it by being stubborn. But Yamato seems to use it efficiently in her club.

So can I see her joining even while she has only been introduced in this arc ? Yeah, wasn't a problem for Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Chopper, Franky and Brook.

Bottomline, you made up all kinds of nonsensical arguments and barriers that already have been broken in the past.

This is my final reply on this topic by the way, so take that in consideration if you want to put time in a reply.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What are you talking about ? They literally said Big Mom took his soul out of the cloud for Hera to consume. So at that point he was just a roaming soul Big Mom didn't control anymore because it was intended for Hera to eat him.

We know souls with free will exist from Brook and Moria's abilities. So Zeus when he was no longer controlled choose to be in the climatact.

Then he goes on to saying, I can't leave without mama's powers.

So you're arguing about souls and magical wands like there is actual science behind it. Which there is not. And if you want to discuss the rules set in the One Piece universe, it would help if you didn't selectively read the story. Because your issues are (to be) addressed.
As I said before I don't care how you feel about it a Homie made directly from BM's soul being the first and only Homie we've seen entering an object on their own and then not being able to leave on his own is completely out of left field and has no ground work behind it.

The irony of you talking about selectively reading when you gave Chopper a hard time for a second of doubt but praise Sanji for abandoning his crew in an attempt to "save them". Sanji had stopped placing his faith in Luffy to be able to handle the situation with BM and the wedding for 100 chapters or more, Chopper's faith wavered for a few panels, a couple of pages at best.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Big wordy mess of nonsense, I think my original point still stands.

The point of those first three questions was that Kin'emon spend more chapters and arcs on the Sunny then half of the actual members did pre skip. So I understand that they're not members, but that doesn't take away from the point how Oda is introducing people to party post skip. Same goes with the grand fleet, he is going for a different dynamic.

Pre-skip and post-skip or a connection with Luffy don't really matter because Luffy doesn't exist, he is fictional. The relationship Oda is trying to establish is with the reader. And as a reader we have known Kin'emon for like six years, not as an official member but still being at Luffy's side.
Kinemon joined SHs in PH arc(46chapters), Stayed with them in Dressrosa(102chapters), In Zou he left with Law n Co.(21 chapters). In Wano he returned.
That's 169chapters not counting Wano.

How is he spending more time with SHs then other crew?

The last SH joined was Jinbei introduced in Impel Down arc(25 chapters). Helped Luffy throughout in MF arc(31chapters), Got invited during FI arc(51 chapters), joined n left in WCI (78 chapters) and Re-joined in Wano.
That's 185chapters n not counting Wano or when he was introduced at the beginning but wasn't shown.

I m pretty sure if you wanna do it for other SHs like Brook, Franky, Robin the results won't differ.

Besides travelling with SHs n not becoming part of Original crew isn't a post TS phenomenon. It happened pre TS too. Yosaku n Johnny travelled with SHs in multiple arcs. Same with Vivi n her duck.
Multiple ppl have been on board of Merry pre TS. They aren't considered part of SHs.

You keep bringing the fleet argument. But this is what happened during the ceremony

Luffy outright rejected their offer saying if he drink that cup then he will become Captain of the fleet.
Rather he made it clear that he will call them if required n will help them if they call him. He never intended them to join him. He even went on to say that if Hajrudin bring back the glory of Giants pirates then he will be excited to fight them.

And after this Fleet went on with their journey. They aren't following Luffy. They are carving their own path. That's why they are treated as a separate unit.

Job roles are not a big deal. Navigator, cook, medic and shipwright had an impact on the story, but all those were filled pretty fast and they were actively looking for those. As for the rest, they just get something assigned that fits their dream or background. Jimbei the helmsman: okay cool, did they ever really need one ? Or a musician or a archaeologist (yes yes poneglyps, it's still not a role on a ship). What is Zoro ? first mate ? What does that entail and what was the last time he acted as a first mate ? Point is if Yamato joins Oda will come up with some kind of role, don't you worry about it.
You say they fill certain ppl faster than others but it doesn't change the fact that Luffy himself said that he only need 10ppl

Heck Luffy wanted a musician even before reaching Grandline.

Oda kept the usual trope of assigning a certain job role for all the members. It's nothing knew. It was chalked out pre TS.
Saying Oda will make one for Yamato on the go doesn't change the fact that she has no job role at present.

Maybe ambassador of Wano when they open up the borders. So she can sail the ship of the pirate king visiting places and establish bonds with other kingdoms and allies. Completely fits in Oden's book.
You can't sail on a pirate ship n say you are an ambassador of "XYZ kingdom". You will be thrown into the prison or much worse executed the moment Marines or WG finds out. Just take the example of Rayleigh who asked Kizaru to tear his poster as he has retired n Kizaru replied his sins can't be forgotten.

You're cherrypicking with the fight matchups now, besides that King vs Zoro is highly speculated since King is nowhere to be seen for a couple of chapters and Zoro is in a cast. Just look back how Whole Cake arc, Dressrosa, Zou and Punk Hazard were handled where some of the big bads were being taken on by third parties.

Law vs vergo, Ino/Neko vs Jack, Sabo vs Fuji, Vinsmokes vs Big mom Pirates, Grand Fleet vs Doffy family. Only fight that comes to mind is Zoro vs Pica. So the high profile matches are more often for Luffy and new characters that claim spotlight then they are for the Strawhats that fit your outdated pattern.
You want to lookout past arcs:
At PH, Caesar was the Main villain fought n lost against Luffy.
His assistant Monet was shown glimpse of near death experience by Zoro. Only after which she lost to Tasigi.

At Dressrosa, Dofflamingo was the strongest guy in that arc fought with Luffy
Next Strongest guy was Pica fought wit Zoro

WCi n Zou are exceptions. Reason are below:
At Zou Dukes Vs Jack was a flashback. No real fight happened when SHs reached Zou. N yes I m not counting Zunisha swinging his trunk as a fight.

At WCI only 2 full fledged fight scenes were shown, where a proper outcome came that's Commanders Vs Luffy. All the other fights have no outcome whatsoever (W/L).

Oda is maintaining pre TS stuff. If not then we would have gotten Law beating Dofflamingo in Dressrosa.
Whenever the full crew is lined up we are getting- Luffy fighting the strongest n Zoro n Sanji fighting the next hierarchy guys. Something that's again gonna happen in this arc too.

I'm aware that Sanji has a raid suit, I still think Jimbei is stronger. He hold himself briefly vs Big Mom on the ship and is doing good work in both wars against the yonkou so far. Don't forget he came back unscathed when he joined the fishmen in their attempt to stop Big Mom from chasing the Strawhats. I don't see Sanji doing that to be honest.
Jinbei took shots on a dilapidated, mindless version of BM. Even Brook took shots on her. Not to forget he was close to the sea giving him added benefit against a df user.

Sanji with his Raid suit has already moved above Jinbei as he was kicking butts of Drake(someone who's consider as strong as Queen). Whereas Jinbei has never shown traits which put him above Queen or any 2nd Commander lvl ppl. Even the current matchup is enough to prove that Oda is still maintaining that Monster Trio part intact.

"As per you it's ok if Yamato is ahead of Zoro bcus he has Yonko blood. BM's all kids have Yonko blood. So all of them should be above Zoro n Sanji right ?"

No ! Dumb statement, don't put words in my mouth. I explained where Yamato's strength came from, her lineage. That doesn't mean that every child of a yonkou uses their potential or were blessed with the same talents. Brulee is pretty capable, but she is no Katakuri. So it depends who joins, but some family members are stronger than current Zoro and Sanji yes. Definitely not all.
Lineage has nothing to do with overall strength of a certain character. If it did then Ace would be the most Overpowered character in the series. And he had all sorts of Haki n stuff.
I m pretty sure now both Sanji n Zoro are either at same lvl as Ace was pre TS or above him currently.

What is the monster trio anyway ? It's a dynamic. That dynamic won't be lost. The only thing that changes is the hierarchy in power. If you want to fight other yonkou, the government or whatever enemy in the future. It's clear you need help because Chopper and Usopp aren't cutting it, hell even Zoro had only one good attack in him. You're going to need firepower, and Oda delivers in the form of Jimbei and Yamato (and the grand fleet)
If Oda wanted to add firepower in SHs then he would have given all sorts of Armament n Conqueror Haki to each individual by this time.
If we think about future fights - taking example of Admirals v SHs then the matchup will be something like this Akainu, Fujitora, Kizaru, Green bull Vs Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbei. Notice SHs already have 4strong guys facing 4admirals.

It's funny that someone like Robin hasn't exhibit Armament even tho she sailed with numerous pirates n was an assassin when introduced which proves that Oda's priority was never giving SHs that firepower from the beginning. Rather he inserted powerups during the arc or with Flashbacks (G4, Ceasar helping Choper etc).

Also if firepower was a key aspect then Katakuri would have joined SHs after WCI as commanders who are beaten, losses their rank n not treated properly.

But obviously Oda wasn't going to add someone stronger than Luffy in crew. Same way he waited for Sanji n Zoro to get a powerup after which Jinbei joined them.

I don't think One Piece is perfect, if only for the simple fact that I rated this chapter 4 stars. Luffy never shared any of his knowledge with his crew. Luffy most of the times understand things by feeling it and doesn't react to any conventional methods of teaching, let alone him being a teacher and lastly doesn't use a weapon.

Zoro got his haki sucked out of him by his blade and got over it by being stubborn. But Yamato seems to use it efficiently in her club.
Zoro's Enma is a cursed blade which sucks Ryu of its user. That's why Yonkos could sense Ryu of Oden from Zoro's blade. Yamato's club wasn't given any description like this. Enma is completely different sorta weapons which Zoro acquired giving his Shusui.
Heck Yamato hasn't even showed the advance Haki part where she doesn't need to touch her opponent. What's she going to teach Zoro? How to do Thunder Bagua lol....

So can I see her joining even while she has only been introduced in this arc ? Yeah, wasn't a problem for Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Chopper, Franky and Brook.

Bottomline, you made up all kinds of nonsensical arguments and barriers that already have been broken in the past.

This is my final reply on this topic by the way, so take that in consideration if you want to put time in a reply.
The only non sensical argument is ppl in every arc cheering look we found a new SH.
First it was Monet in PH,
Then Violet/Rebecca in Dressrosa,
Carrot in Zou,
N now It's Yamato.
Not even once Luffy said he's going to take her. Yet ppl are arguing that she's already a Strawhat. Why there's a rush to get a new SH when 2guys joined / re-united in this arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.