Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's far fetched that those five elders gained immortality. Having two ways of obtaining immortality in a story doesn't happen. We have the Ope Ope for that. Unless those Gorosei managed to do them on themselves by sacrifising 5 DF users and they seems to be doctors.

LBeezy

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's far fetched that those five elders gained immortality. Having two ways of obtaining immortality in a story doesn't happen. We have the Ope Ope for that. Unless those Gorosei managed to do them on themselves by sacrifising 5 DF users and they seems to be doctors.
It doesn't have to be immortality per say.. it could just be that they have managed to stay alive and healthy for a long time (they can still die / will die at some point)

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could be one of the ancient weapons. Could be the first ever tree that beared devil fruit. Sort of like in the adam and eve story, this sacred tree grants eternal life but you'll be cursed or something.

You can find this in many cases... Heck, it was in Dragonball Z with the golden apples or something when Goku fell off Snake Way.

I think it's easily believable that the people who seem to be the heads of this world that's filled with magical powers and endless mystery, have found a way to extend their lives. It might not even be an eternal life sort of thing, could be that it's something they need to 'top-up' as it were where they rejuvenate themselves every month or something.

It doesn't have to be immortality per say.. it could just be that they have managed to stay alive and healthy for a long time (they can still die / will die at some point)
Immortality is that your life doesn't end through time, so living for over 800 years is being pretty immortal :p But they can still die, they're not invincible.

But I can completely see this scene where we have the Gorosei talking how they're going to have to get involved in the fight, then the next chapter we finally see their secret and they rejuvenate back down to a more "prime" state ready for battle. And we're all like damn haha

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Could be one of the ancient weapons. Could be the first ever tree that beared devil fruit. Sort of like in the adam and eve story, this sacred tree grants eternal life but you'll be cursed or something.

You can find this in many cases... Heck, it was in Dragonball Z with the golden apples or something when Goku fell off Snake Way.

I think it's easily believable that the people who seem to be the heads of this world that's filled with magical powers and endless mystery, have found a way to extend their lives. It might not even be an eternal life sort of thing, could be that it's something they need to 'top-up' as it were where they rejuvenate themselves every month or something.

Immortality is that your life doesn't end through time, so living for over 800 years is being pretty immortal :p But they can still die, they're not invincible.

But I can completely see this scene where we have the Gorosei talking how they're going to have to get involved in the fight, then the next chapter we finally see their secret and they rejuvenate back down to a more "prime" state ready for battle. And we're all like damn haha
That's longevity. Immortality means your life can never end.

Tomato God

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is two ways now. Law and bonney

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well we don't know that, she could keep turning a person to a child, theoretically keeping them alive forever... I can't remember if they kept all of their knowledge too though.
Her ability doesn't grant immortality "permanently". How long she's gonna keep someone a child forever if he's gonna grow up again and again?

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Her ability doesn't grant immortality "permanently". How long she's gonna keep someone a child forever if he's gonna grow up again and again?
You just said she can possibly give herself immortality by deciding not to age... So, if she is going to live forever, why couldn't she keep de-aging someone with her?
I did say that that's what she could do, keep turning someone young again. So what's wrong with what I just said? It's technically possible if that's how her power works, but we don't fully know that part.

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You just said she can possibly give herself immortality by deciding not to age... So, if she is going to live forever, why couldn't she keep de-aging someone with her?
I did say that that's what she could do, keep turning someone young again. So what's wrong with what I just said? It's technically possible if that's how her power works, but we don't fully know that part.
She can't stop the growth.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Are you sure? We see these immortal gods all the time, like Zeus and shit and yet they can die. Films always use the word immortal for someone who will never die unless killed?
Well, yeah, that word is applied a lot in different ways. Like, one that came to mind when I made that first post was CinemaSins calling Wolverine "immortal" a lot. What they're really talking about when they use immortal that way is longevity.

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, yeah, that word is applied a lot in different ways. Like, one that came to mind when I made that first post was CinemaSins calling Wolverine "immortal" a lot. What they're really talking about when they use immortal that way is longevity.
Hm... So is it technically okay to use immortality instead of longevity though? Because I use to think immortal as invincible, and since have changed that due to seeing it be used with eternal life and not invincibility.

Edit: By eternal life I did mean not age-ing and living forever.

Last edited:

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What are the right numbers of injuries Whitebeard received until his death in Marineford? Because comparing the anime, MS and other scanlation
Sword WoundsBullet WoundsCanon Wounds
MS
267​
562​
46​
Narrator in Anime
267​
152​
46​
Other Scanlation
267​
152​
46​

I did a calculation based on the numbers in the anime

267 + 152 + 46 = 465

4 and 6 refers to Whitebeard's birthday, April 6th ... 5 refers to his top 5 commanders

Why am I calculating? I think Whitebeard's bounty is 465 billion.

Last edited:

LBeezy

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What are the right numbers of injuries Whitebeard received until his death in Marineford? Because comparing the anime, MS and other scanlation
Sword WoundsBullet WoundsCanon Wounds
MS26756246
Narrator in Anime26715246
Other Scanlation26715246

I did a calculation based on the numbers in the anime

267 + 152 + 46 = 465

4 and 6 refers to Whitebeard's birthday, April 6th ... 5 refers to his top 5 commanders

Why am I calculating? I think Whitebeard's bounty is 465 billion.
It's interesting af how MS got 562 in their translation compared to 152 in both of the others.. lol like how did that happen I wonder xd

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's interesting af how MS got 562 in their translation compared to 152 in both of the others.. lol like how did that happen I wonder xd
500 bullets wounds is something even Whitebeard won't survive if you ask me.

but this guy might be [this contain gory scene :nono: the poster is not responsible]
[video=youtube;5FcTzH6A4a4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FcTzH6A4a4[/video]

Last edited: