Lawliet

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I still think there should be an alternative for people to change their name, at least once or something, especially if you've been on NB for more than a year but oh well... It's premium or Mannequin for me... I guess i gotta stay Mannequin then. Even if i were to buy premium i still wouldn't be able to because i don't have a car to drive off and buy a credit card to buy membership on a forum and support it with $5. I can barely support myself >_>
Well if you had been active enough you would of known that there was an event end of 2015/start of 2016 where you were able to change your name once a day for about 30 days. This was free for everyone.

Anyway, looks like your begging worked, enjoy the premium once u get it.

Did anyone ever buy the contest thing? XD
It's not here to be bought, it's there because its easier to set it up that way for the contests. No one is meant to buy it lol, that's why it's set at that price.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,041💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't even want premium all i wanna do is change my name. It's something so trivial i don't understand why i need premium to do this.

I guess the only options are: win a contest (i could try the art contest but i think they only accept paper drawings and i don't have a camera, plus i don't know how to upload the images either i'm an idiot), pay (really?), convince someone to do it for you (not gonna happen), or be close friends with a mod or admin (wich i'm totally not).

Sigh... well... that sucks... i guess that sums it all up then. No other way to change your name :wesobi:
I would suggest you to make an account on Imgur : . With that account you can upload images on your account, take the Image BB Code and use it on the forums.

Now on to the contests :-

Writer of the Month : You can participate in the Writing Contest : . You can write a short story, poem or whatever and participate. From your level of English, I think you can do this.

Art of the Month : You can make a paper drawing and participate. You do know that Mobiles and smartphones also have cameras ? You can easily take a picture with your phone and upload it to Imgur and crop out the unnecessary parts of the picture there (Imgur has image editing tools). I would expect only very low developed country or poor people to not have access to a mobile without a camera.

Photography of the Month : Same concept as above, you can use a mobile instead of a camera to take a NB Photo.

Album of the Month : This also is not that hard, you can make an album on Imgur on the given theme and participate.

Treasure Hunt (On Hold, will return) : This is not really a speed contest, but it's fun and will be a good training session for increasing your detective skills.

The only non viable contests would be Signature of the Month, Profile of the Month and Manga Coloring of the Month (On Hold, will return) as they are too High Tier and really not worth the effort if you just want a username change.

Then we come to the on hold weekly contests which will return in the future. Since they are weekly they are easier to win and get that username change because of the one week period :-

Fill Up The Bubble : You need to get a few manga panels, and make a good joke. You just need paint and a basic PC to do this. You can then use Imgur to upload the joke on Imgur and put it on NB.

Hidden Phrase : This may be a speed contest, but you need to remember that it helps your detective skills and improves your English overall. Not a bad contest if you want the thrill and improve the base of your English.

There are 7 contests in total where you can participate and get that username change. None of them are pointless as they do give you skills which could be useful in real life itself.

I could easily win a contest but they're terrible, it's all about about who gets there first
You are only partially correct when you say the bold as it applies only to Hidden Phase and to a limited extent, The Treasure Hunt Contest.

And you are completely wrong with the underlined, they are not terrible except the Profile of the Month Contest because as I said they all build your skills (Detective skills, English grammar skills, Photography Skills, Designing skills, comedic skills, etc) which you may consider trivial but could turn out to be vital in real life.

In the end it all boils down to this :-

#noEffortnoResults
No Effort means no Results, as simple as that.

Last edited:

Fountain

Elite
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i'll get you a month of premmy tomorrow so you can change it. lucky day
I don't know if that's true but if it is... Thank you :hi:

Anyway, looks like your begging worked, enjoy the premium once u get it.
I don't know what you mean, i specifically said i never wanted premium. I replied to someone that i would ask you as a joke because you are an admin and you have the ability, you don't need to pay, that's probably the closest thing to begging i've done so far. Again, i just want to have my name changed that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.