4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mission Name: Persuader
Alignment: Neutral
Type: Solo
District: Inner City
Description: Neutrality is a hard thing to keep. Especially, in a conflict. But, for the first time in your life, you just saw a hero murder a villain in cold blood. In this industry though, things like this can be hard to prove. Follow the hero around, and assassinate them. If heroes start killing villains, that takes away some of your business (just as many governments hire you to kill villains as mobsters hire you to assassinate political figures)
Reward: 80 EXP

Gar was sitting upon a moderately sized apartment, his own apartment building to be exact. He was crouched awkwardly leaning forward slightly off of a small jutting Gargoyle's perch that was in ruin and disarray. The head and body of the deformed stone gargoyle were broken and smashed from years of weather and wear. Garfield leaned against the stone structure looking down over the streets next to him a small alleyway, he was brooding, thinking about everything this was the first time he had been alone for an extended period of time since it happened. He was quiet on the outside for once, but his mind raced as thoughts entered and left.

Then he heard it. It was clear as day, and it echo'ed throughout the stone streets like a cacophony of despair. First a woman's voice that cut through the night air as she screamed out. Then the loud 'Bang.' of a gun shot followed by a crude, hollow crunching noise and a muffled male scream. Gar was quick to instigate a small transformation gaining infrared sight and heightened hearing. He noticed the three people in a small alleyway and he pushed his way past the gargoyle to the right side of the building. He heard crying, sobbing, a woman, and two men. The man was crying, the woman was screaming and the second man was standing there above the first man who was now on the ground on his knees.

Please, I'll never do it again. I have a family, my daughter she was hungry all I can do is stea-...

That's when it happened. Gar watched who he though was a hero reach down grabbing the side of the crying man's head with his right hand. For a moment Garfield thought he was reaching down to comfort the man, the usual hero thing to do would be to tell the man he could do better. Then with what could only be super strength he snapped the man's neck. By this point the woman had already left the area, she seemed to be the victim of a mugging gone wrong. Stopped by what Gar could only think was an inexperienced hero who believed himself the judge, jury and executioner for those he deemed as criminal.

You criminals disgust me, nothing but excuses. Heh, I've had enough.

The superhero was at least twice the size of the mugger a large mass of muscles and self-righteousness who now stood above the slumped over villain a gun sliding from his hand. Gar was stunned for a moment. Did he just witness a hero murder a villain in cold blood? The hero then turned and walked from the alley back onto the main street leaving the body behind. It took Garfield a few moments to process it, but then he began to follow the hero. He jumped from building to building as the man walked through the city streets. It had to be at least midnight by now. The hero went on to stop a few more petty thieves and drug dealers not killing them like he had the first man but leaving them wounded beyond the chance of ever walking again.

Eventually he made his way into another alleyway at this point Gar had seen enough. He couldn't let this kind of 'hero' free to walk around his streets. Not so close to home. How long until he got it in his head that the green shape-shifter was his enemy and he needed to die. Gar transformed into a peregrine falcon and began to fly into the air following the man still from high in the air. The hero entered an empty-lot and that's when Gar saw a chance. Gar dived downward towards the ground reaching an intense speed faster than any land mammal rocketing downward he would only seem like a green blur to anyone who saw him.
At the last moment he transformed again at the very last second into a blue whale the size of a large bus. With a "batoom" he slammed into the ground with all of the momentum built up from the dive and the shift change of weight, size and durability. He thought there was no way this wouldn't kill the hero, a large crack formed in the empty-lot's ground as in unison Garfield felt his weight lift upward.

Who do you think-.. you are? It's going to take more than that to tear down the pillars of justice.

The hero was literally lifting Gar up at this point up above him. Gar didn't know how much he weighed but it had to be astronomical. This kind of attack would have killed just above anyone. The hero began to buckle below the weight though as his arms began to fail him. I-... can't-... die-... here-... I am the only chance this city has.

The hero began to grunt, and spit up blood as it splashed across the ground. He buckled below the weight falling to his knees holding the massive beast above his head as Garfield transformed back into a falcon flying to the immediate left of the hero. He returned to his normal form and began to speak.

What made you turn to killing those who you're supposed to protect?

I know what turned me into a killer, but you, you're supposed to be a hero you're supposed to be better.

The man was on his knees, his arms fell down to his sides as he fell forward upon the ground.

Garfield could hear his muffled explanation through the blood and gravel as his final breath left his mouth.

This city, took my son-... so I'll clean these streets for him.

I think it's the pain that makes a hero.

It's like a pressure that turns you into a diamond, or grinds you into dust.

And that was it. Gar walked away just as the hero did.

The next day on the news Garfield watched a story about the man. His hero name was The Diamond, his secret identity Frank Bullock, what drove him to become a killer was his seventeen year old son who had been killed in an alleyway mugging just a few days ago. He had been operating as a hero in the inner city for at least a year.
The police had no idea how he died but he was hailed as a martyr and was cited as the reason for a drop in crime in the inner city for the past year and had the most basic powers super strength and durability slightly higher than a normal human. Gar went about his next few days thinking about what made it his choice to kill that hero. It weighed on him.

Technique Name: Bestial Wrath
Type: Durability
Range: Short
EXP: 40
Damage: N/A
Description: Beast Boy's core ability is Terrestial Metamorphism allowing him to transform through the modification of his own DNA or through his connection to the Red into any animal at any size relative to it's original counterpart. A very basic technique and one of the very first Beast Boy created it is in essence the ability to initiate and undergo animalistic transformations such as gaining claws, fangs, horns additional appendages such as tails, wings, limbs, organs or adopting other traits found in animals such as their vocal structure, their muscle structure, their bone structure, their nerve structure or even their organ structure. This allows for him to take on animalistic traits and gain abilities relative to the transformation Beast Boy is able to source a transformation from any species of animal including extinct, alien, single celled and even mythical in more advanced applications of the core ability, keeping to terrestrial, average and extinct animals for this base ability. Several animalistic transformations can be derived from this and in turn the user can change their body structure in several ways with a single use it is at it's lower use a passive transformation that doesn't take up a move-slot granted by simply being Beast Boy. No matter the form Gar keeps his own consciousness and conscience. To use this properly separate techniques will be made to use certain abilities like advanced sense augmentation, or specific powers such as venom or electricity production etc but with this technique Beast Boy can enter the form of any animal extinct or not to augment his combat skills. This also allows him to augment his smell, sight and hearing to a level above others, to the point of being able to track others by these senses and perceive things other people wouldn't be able to perceive, increasing one of the senses per transformation gaining a +10 to intelligence this needs to be activated. Beast Boy is able to communicate with animals as well.
Note: Size restriction is that of a double-decker bus when undergoing larger, or extinct transformations
Note: Only one sense can be augmented at a time and they aren't special abilities like Nightvision, infrared or ultrasonic hearing they're just a general increase in the base senses Beast Boy has.

Technique Name: Thrill of the Hunt
Type: Durability
Range: Short
EXP: 10
Damage: N/A
Description: Beast Boy or another shapeshifter augments their senses allowing for varying applications such as infrared sensing, night vision, ultraviolet sight, electromagnetic sensing, heightened sound perception, heightened or dulled sense of touch and pain, echo location and an increase in the sense of smell. He does this by augmenting the sensory organ related to that sense or creating a new organ to gain the sense putting it into his own body. A dulled sense of pain reduces the damage the user takes by 40% of the durability stat while active but this ability can only be active for five turns before needing to be reapplied.

Any of the sight based sense augmentations allow the user to boost their eyesight to 20/5, meaning that what a normal person would need to be five feet away to see someone under the influence of this technique can see from twenty feet away meaning their sight is four times better. Heightened sound perception allows the user to hear whispers from roughly 60 meters away through walls, or constructs. Electromagnetic sensing allows the user to sense out various animals and people, and even sources of electricity distinguishing different animals or people by their electromagnetic signals. These abilities can be used by Beast Boy or any Shapeshifter he teaches how to do so. If desired the sense can boost the users intelligence by 20 but decreases their durability by 10.
Note: Two different senses can be augmented at the same time eg: sight and sound but can't have multiple variations of the same sense eg: Nightvision and Infrared

Last edited:

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mission Checked - Pass

Nice job. For a second, I almost read the last bit wrong and thought you left him alive lol. The mission was clear, you followed the necessary points. All seems well

Rewarded 80 EXP

Reactions: Howard