Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it a big problem nowadays? Or is it just a "weapon" used to lable those whom people don't agree with? While we're at it I might add that there is no genetic basis for racism as all humans are genetically identical (99,9%) so my another question is that is racism used on the wrong basis (a biological consept, which it is not)?

Below is a map based on World Values Survey. The survey asked respondents in more than 80 different countries to identify kinds of people they would not want as neighbors.

You must be registered for see images

So the most racist people do not come from Europe or the U.S after all, but the North Africa and Middle-East. Did these results surprise you? (for the record they didn't surprise me lmfao)

source:

Last edited:

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not as big a problem as it used to be, yet lots more people use it as a weapon against people they don't agree with.

Results do not surprise me at all, though I do wonder what's going on in France that's got them at 20-30%. How recent is this poll? Because Paris maaaay have had something to do with that large number.

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What nonsense is this. Russia less racist than Nigeria? It isn't even said how many people were asked, what were their economic,political and social backgrounds, what was their level of literacy. How did these figures come about?

Things like these are meaningless if they lack such specifics, South Africa is one of the least tolerant countries in Africa. Its indigenous black population(which is the majority) doesn't tolerate blacks from other parts of the continent at all. The people who made this probably thought that since South Africa has white people, Asians and Blacks living together it must be more tolerant than say Namibia. Which is far from the truth.

Last edited:

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What nonsense is this. Russia less racist than Nigeria? It isn't even said how many people were asked, what were their economic,political and social backgrounds, what was their level of literacy. How did these figures come about?

Things like these are meaningless if they lack such specifics, South Africa is one of the least tolerant countries in Africa. Its indigenous black population(which is the majority) doesn't tolerate blacks from other parts of the continent at all. The people who made this probably thought that since South Africa has white people, Asians and Blacks living together it must be more tolerant than say Namibia. Which is far from the truth.
It's simple: they asked who would you not want as your neihgbour and most of those who answered "people of another race" live in the Middle-East or Northern Africa. It's a cultural matter thus the only thing that matters is nationality. I suppose the respondants were chosen randomly so it's not like they went to ask from the most poorest people of Middle-East and the most richest people of the West.

The study also concluded that economic freedom had no correlation with racial tolerance, but it does appear to correlate with tolerance toward homosexuals.

Bolded: Now why would you assume they made such an assumption when their results were based on surveys, not on their assumptions?

sasukesworld

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"But but Whites are soooo racist op, this can't be. The statistic itself has to be racist.
Evil mean police officers who kill all unarmed life changing young Blacks are the most racists people on earth. That Blacks kill their own people 100 times more doesn't matter."

I'm not suprised.

Reactions: SSStylish

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Russia isn't racist at all, bro.
Well neither is Nigeria.

It seems to be the case, since Russian fans consistently chant Monkey chants, throw bananas during football games. Attack non whites in subways. Lots graffiti depicting other racist things.

Also there are sources

Not accusing all Russians of being racist but Russia(as a country) appears to have serious problems with it.

It's simple: they asked who would you not want as your neihgbour and most of those who answered "people of another race" live in the Middle-East or Northern Africa. It's a cultural matter thus the only thing that matters is nationality. I suppose the respondants were chosen randomly so it's not like they went to ask from the most poorest people of Middle-East and the most richest people of the West.

The study also concluded that economic freedom had no correlation with racial tolerance, but it does appear to correlate with tolerance toward homosexuals.

Bolded: Now why would you assume they made such an assumption when their results were based on surveys, not on their assumptions?
First of all I said "probably" meaning I am not saying this out of certainty. It appeared to be the case to me because it is clear that their survey wasn't matching reality at least based on some of the countries(at least on other sources). There is nothing wrong with questioning studies. For example thousands of white farmers have been murdered by black South Africans since the 90's, main motivations being revenge for the apartheid. Many blacks and whites still want to live separately and Some far right wing blacks want the whites to leave altogether.

Another example is Sudan, considering the levels of Ethnic cleansing going on there, how can one agree that Sudan is less racist than Burkina Faso? It just doesn't make sense. Regarding the economic situation, how does racial discrimination have no connection to economic situation of the individuals under study while sexual preference does. In third world countries the main reason for discrimination against homosexuals is based on religious beliefs not economics. It seems to me like those who made this aren't as impartial as I would like, forgive me for being skeptical.

Last edited:

Filosoofis

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tbh pretty sure the percentage in the west and especially eastern Europe is higher than this. I mean c'mon we even have a site her in NL that calculates how many non Dutch people live in your street.

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well neither is Nigeria.

It seems to be the case, since Russian fans consistently chant Monkey chants, throw bananas during football games. Attack non whites in subways. Lots graffiti depicting other racist things.

Also there are sources

Not accusing all Russians of being racist but Russia(as a country) appears to have serious problems with it.
Or maybe it is just that they are more arrogant and say what's on their mind more easily than others? Or maybe the agressive minority is the loudest in there?

And Russia is claimed to have 15-20% of intolerant people? I see that as an alarming high number.

Last edited:

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Or maybe it is just that they are more arrogant and say what's on their mind more easily than others? Or maybe the agressive minority is the loudest in there?

And Russia is claimed to have 15-20% of intolerant people? I see that as an alarming high number.
Well yes they might be more forthcoming with their views but the only way to be aware of racism is if it becomes apparent to you,

You have seen how it is.

Mari Makinami

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well neither is Nigeria.

Also there are sources

Well, I'm not aware of the situation in Nigeria, but I advise you not to trust mass media that much (including the statistics in the OP, of course). You know, it's pretty popular in the west nowadays to demonize Russia in every possible way. Russia has many significant flaws, yes, but racism most definitely isn't one of them.

When it comes to the fans, they are considered a marginal, semi-criminal social group here. Most of the existing skin-heads use the cover of a football hooligan to commit their crimes, so yeah, that's basically why most of the notable cases of racism/nazism usually are connected with sports fan groups somehow.

Without a doubt, racists live in every country, including ours. It's just that I'm a Russian citizen that lives in this country, and trust me, I'm aware of the situation here. It is actually a serious crime in our country to show any sign of nazism or racism ever since WW2.
If anything, you could call our mentality 'nazi-phobic', in a way, mostly because our nation consists of so many various ethnic groups (google it up if you're interested, you'll probably be surprised), and also because the USSR suffered quite a lot during WW2, and well, some wounds still haven't healed.

Besides, don't forget that half of our country's territory is located in Asia, and the significant part of our people are Asians. It is true that there are little to no black people here, though - for instance, I hardly have seen a single black person in the cities I lived in throughout my life. That's why it's obviously unusual and surprising for our people to see a black guy whenever such a tourist visits Russia - and their amazed reaction also often is taken as racism, which is wrong.

If you want to know more about it, I advise you to look up for a youtuber named Philochko - it's a black guy from New York who lived in Russia for quite some time. In his videos, basically he explains all the nuances of the common attitude of Russians when it comes to black people, and debunks many stereotypes on the matter.

Last edited:

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, I'm not aware of the situation in Nigeria, but I advise you not to trust mass media that much (including the statistics in the OP, of course). You know, it's pretty popular in the west nowadays to demonize Russia in every possible way. Russia has many significant flaws, yes, but racism most definitely isn't one of them.

Without a doubt, racists live in every country, including ours. It's just that I'm a Russian citizen that lives in this country, and trust me, I'm aware of the situation here. It is actually a serious crime in our country to show any sign of nazism or racism ever since WW2.
If anything, you could call our mentality 'nazi-phobic', in a way, mostly because our nation consists of so many various ethnic groups (google it up if you're interested, you'll probably be surprised), and also because the USSR suffered quite a lot during WW2, and well, some wounds still haven't healed.

Besides, don't forget that half of our country's territory is located in Asia, and the significant part of our people are Asians. It is true that there are little to no black people here, though - for instance, I hardly have seen a single black person in the cities I lived in throughout my life. That's why it's obviously unusual and surprising for our people to see a black guy whenever such a tourist visits Russia - and their amazed reaction also often is taken as racism, which is wrong.

If you want to know more about it, I advise you to look up for a youtuber named Philochko - it's a black guy from New York who lived in Russia for quite some time. In his videos, basically he explains all the nuances of the common attitude of Russians when it comes to black people, and debunks many stereotypes on the matter.
Fair point, I myself question the mass media particularly on how it is used to spread negative ideas about some countries.

I'll look into it, thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it a big problem nowadays? Or is it just a "weapon" used to lable those whom people don't agree with? While we're at it I might add that there is no genetic basis for racism as all humans are genetically identical (99,9%) so my another question is that is racism used on the wrong basis (a biological consept, which it is not)?

Below is a map based on World Values Survey. The survey asked respondents in more than 80 different countries to identify kinds of people they would not want as neighbors.

You must be registered for see images

So the most racist people do not come from Europe or the U.S after all, but the North Africa and Middle-East. Did these results surprise you? (for the record they didn't surprise me lmfao)

source:

I would like to know exactly what was the sample population and region and exactly what was the question and how they define the term race for this survey. And what makes you think a single metric can lead to any definite conclusion in this regard.

Last edited:

Filosoofis

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

When it comes to the fans, they are considered a marginal, semi-criminal social group here. Most of the existing skin-heads use the cover of a football hooligan to commit their crimes, so yeah, that's basically why most of the notable cases of racism/nazism usually are connected with sports fan groups somehow.

Well neither is Nigeria.

Also there are sources

First of all I said "probably" meaning I am not saying this out of certainty. It appeared to be the case to me because it is clear that their survey wasn't matching reality at least based on some of the countries(at least on other sources). There is nothing wrong with questioning studies. For example thousands of white farmers have been murdered by black South Africans since the 90's, main motivations being revenge for the apartheid. Many blacks and whites still want to live separately and Some far right wing blacks want the whites to leave altogether.

Another example is Sudan, considering the levels of Ethnic cleansing going on there, how can one agree that Sudan is less racist than Burkina Faso? It just doesn't make sense. Regarding the economic situation, how does racial discrimination have no connection to economic situation of the individuals under study while sexual preference does. In third world countries the main reason for discrimination against homosexuals is based on religious beliefs not economics. It seems to me like those who made this aren't as impartial as I would like, forgive me for being skeptical.
Bro Russia and eastern Europe are a different case. What do you expect when the black population is like 0.01% or even lower since the only blacks that are an actual community in Russia are students from Africa.

Also that banana stuff happeneds everywhere Spain is also known for it so is Italy etc.

Wanna know something about me and the Netherland? When I was 5 I always went home with a family that came from Congo who my parents knew from church since they were always working at that time and I was too young to be alone. The second youngest son who is playing on a pretty good football migraine got discriminated 2 weeks ago and it went viral. So a childhood friend from me even had it in the Netherlands it happen through all of Europe and that video + news went viral in the Netherlands.

If you're search pernelly biya that's his name.

Also I agree with naruto vincere

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Bro Russia and eastern Europe are a different case. What do you expect when the black population is like 0.01% or even lower since the only blacks that are an actual community in Russia are students from Africa.

Also that banana stuff happeneds everywhere Spain is also known for it so is Italy etc.

Wanna know something about me and the Netherland? When I was 5 I always went home with a family that came from Congo who my parents knew from church since they were always working at that time and I was too young to be alone. The second youngest son who is playing on a pretty good football migraine got discriminated 2 weeks ago and it went viral. So a childhood friend from me even had it in the Netherlands it happen through all of Europe and that video + news went viral in the Netherlands.

If you're search pernelly biya that's his name.

Also I agree with naruto vincere
Being a minority of the population isn't justification for Racism. How many non-blacks do you think live in Nigeria? Less than 1%. I did not pick Russia alone, or eastern Europe I could have picked China, my main point is that the results and figures shown in that map at least from my own background knowledge don't make sense(some are even absurd) or rather are not accurate representations.

I know it happens in Western Europe too. I did also say that I would look into it, because naruto vincere did make a fair point on the mass media trying to demonize his country.