Klubargutan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd be interested in your opinions about the lamest fight in Naruto's history (canon, of course).

To me, it would be Hinata vs Pain:

You must be registered for see images

chapter 437

Because getting negged after such a dedication in just half a page is a way too embarrassing. I know plenty of you love Hinata, but i just couldn't take her seriously or have any respect for her after that. Yep, Sakura didn't even move an inch and was crying for Naruto's help after the huge shinra tensei destroyed the whole village (that technically makes her a coward)... but this is way too embarassing i guess.

List of lamest fights (updating):
  • Hinata vs Pein
  • Sakura vs Ino
  • Gaara vs Rasa
  • Gaara vs Deidara
  • Tenten vs Temari
  • Naruto + Sasuke vs Shin
  • Naruto + Kakashi + Guy vs Obito
  • Sakura vs Madara
  • Itachi vs Orochimaru
  • Naruto vs Kiba
  • Naruto vs Neji
  • Naruto vs Pain
  • Sasuke vs Itachi (Part I)
  • Obito vs Fu + Torune

Last edited:

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's, no doubt, one of the biggest negs to go down in the history of negs in narutoverse. Credit is due though, she did at least make Pain move around a little before he just got annoyed and pulled a Saitama on her.

Looking onto the brighter side, she's a harder tank now. She would tank at least two more of those before she succumbs to gravity.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Imagine drawing this well made cover:

Then proceed to force us to read multiple chapters of two of the weakest characters slap fight

only for it to end in a draw:

Due to the fact that either would be rag dolled by the final contestants.

It's like Kishimoto was like, "Oh shit, there's no way any of them are gonna last in the CE finals, I'll just end this volume on a cliffhanger, throw in some exposition and end it in a draw"

Hinata got one-paneled by Pain.
Temari One Paneled Tenten

Those aren't fights, those are stomps.

Kishimoto dedicated multiple chapters to Ino and Sakura with nothing to gain from it.

-We already knew Ino and Sakura used to be friends
-We alreayd knew Ino and Sakura stopped being friends because they wanted Sasuke's D
(A lifelong pursuit that Sakura finally accomplished)

So when you subject us to this shit-tier fight and slap flash-backs and duex machina's on us. It's not fun, it's not even lame. It's fucking terrible.

Last edited:

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is how you do a female fight, win or lose:

You don't use your main female lead as a god damn placeholder/filler.

[video=youtube;xgOFMvpSlE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOFMvpSlE4[/video]

She got her ass beat, but it was compelling. Developed both her and her opponent and gave actual impact to all characters.​

Last edited:

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Imagine drawing this well made cover:

Then proceed to force us to read multiple chapters of two of the weakest characters slap fight

only for it to end in a draw:

Due to the fact that either would be rag dolled by the final contestants.

It's like Kishimoto was like, "Oh shit, there's no way any of them are gonna last in the CE finals, I'll just end this volume on a cliffhanger, throw in some exposition and end it in a draw"

Hinata got one-paneled by Pain.
Temari One Paneled Tenten

Those aren't fights, those are stomps.

Kishimoto dedicated multiple chapters to Ino and Sakura with nothing to gain from it.

-We already knew Ino and Sakura used to be friends
-We alreayd knew Ino and Sakura stopped being friends because they wanted Sasuke's D
(A lifelong pursuit that Sakura finally accomplished)

So when you subject us to this shit-tier fight and slap flash-backs and duex machina's on us. It's not fun, it's not even lame. It's fucking terrible.
Agreed!

That was a snooze fest.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That development:

Her Opponent:

Her:
Kishimoto's main female lead:

The more series that come out, with better written females and even role models only further displays how fucking terrible kishimoto is at handling females.

I cannot see why anyone would be a fan of any female in this series. It's basically admitting you like mediocrity and desire no change.​

Last edited:

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreed!

That was a snooze fest.
It wasn't a snooze fest. A snooze fest is drawn out exposition and poorly executed plot points. This fight was an early example of Kishimoto trying to write his lead female out of a the CE finals in one of the worst ways possible. It shows he gave up on her and Ino.

Her fight had nothing to gain and nothing to lose. Hinata's fight had more going for it, she had something to gain and lose. Something to prove that eclipses the fight.

VOTE 1 and 2 isn't good because it's Naruto vs Sasuke, it's good because of the history that overshadows it. Hinata vs Neji wasn't good because of the fight, because Hinata was getting man-handled. But it was compelling because of the purpose.

Kishimoto ham-fisted a flash-back, made it about Sasuke's penis and a half-assed rivalry and it bore no fruit.

That japanese piece of shit has direction; he's shown it with Tsunade, Hinata, just like his male leads. I don't know why he decides that he can abandon sub-plots, lampshade development and neglect just because it has a vagina.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That development:

Her Opponent:

Her:
Kishimoto's main female lead:

The more series that come out, with better written females and even role models only further displays how fucking terrible kishimoto is at handling females.​

Kishimoto's never been fond of females. I could almost say he detest them. First, he makes Hinata to fight Neji, which to no one's surprise, she lost to neg diff. Then after giving her some development to at least fight on par with a Jonin and he goes and gives her Pain to fight, out of every Akatsuki member she could have been pitted against and she gets only one panel in it. If that isn't hate, I don't know what is.

Sakura wasn't really different either, he held a little of a soft spot for her, but only because she was a friend of Sasuke's and Naruto's. Had she not been a friend of those two and reserving a place in the pursuit of Sasuke, her best development would be where Ino got hers as well.

In the long run, she became an important card in the defeat of Kaguya, and she sort of negged the war, so I can't complain. :coffee:

How come though you don't mention Momo, who's equally well developed and has another forte going on for her? Hint: chest.

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gaara vs Raasa. It was poorly executed as well. Gold dust is supposed to be heavier than normal sand and yet Gaara somehow overpowered Raasa's Gold dust :|

And Yeah they just clashed and Gaara caught him. Lame xd

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It wasn't a snooze fest. A snooze fest is drawn out exposition and poorly executed plot points. This fight was an early example of Kishimoto trying to write his lead female out of a the CE finals in one of the worst ways possible. It shows he gave up on her and Ino.

Her fight had nothing to gain and nothing to lose. Hinata's fight had more going for it, she had something to gain and lose. Something to prove that eclipses the fight.

VOTE 1 and 2 isn't good because it's Naruto vs Sasuke, it's good because of the history that overshadows it. Hinata vs Neji wasn't good because of the fight, because Hinata was getting man-handled. But it was compelling because of the purpose.

Kishimoto ham-fisted a flash-back, made it about Sasuke's penis and a half-assed rivalry and it bore no fruit.

That japanese piece of shit has direction; he's shown it with Tsunade, Hinata, just like his male leads. I don't know why he decides that he can abandon sub-plots, lampshade development and neglect just because it has a vagina.
Here you go again writing essay comments about characters you loath, it’s really not the serious kid but the fight was a snooze fest compared to every other match in the original CE.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

She gained experience, for starters. How could you miss the first body flicker seen in the series?

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishimoto's never been fond of females. I could almost say he detest them. First, he makes Hinata to fight Neji, which to no one's surprise, she lost to neg diff. Then after giving her some development to at least fight on par with a Jonin and he goes and gives her Pain to fight, out of every Akatsuki member she could have been pitted against and she gets only one panel in it. If that isn't hate, I don't know what is.

Sakura wasn't really different either, he held a little of a soft spot for her, but only because she was a friend of Sasuke's and Naruto's. Had she not been a friend of those two and reserving a place in the pursuit of Sasuke, her best development would be where Ino got hers as well.

In the long run, she became an important card in the defeat of Kaguya, and she sort of negged the war, so I can't complain. :coffee:

How come though you don't mention Momo, who's equally well developed and has another forte going on for her? Hint: chest.
The Neji vs Hinata fight was to set up the Naruto vs Neji fight in a way that gives investment to the reader, (Naruto just vowed to whoop the top student's ass, with a fist clenched in Hinata's blood)

But what this also did, was not only give Neji vs Naruto more feat, it made Hinata's plight more impactful, she developed from that, gained a nindo and gave her reason as to why she fought. It also gave more development for Neji who talked about how fate makes you incapable of change and how it's a curse.

Something that was literally referenced multiple times, even closing his character arc when he died. That is what he did for Naruto/Neji/Hinata. All of them gained from that.

Ino and Sakura gained absolutely nothing from that fight. No development, no sub-plot, not.a.single.thing.

Hinata's fight against Pain wasn't a fight in the traditional shounen sense. You should know this. Despite that, her fight, getting rag-dolled and beat up had purpose. Her characterization isn't meant for fighting. It was always changing and moving forward, which is what she did. She moved forward to help Naruto despite knowing full well the result. She moved forward in her love-life (lol kishi) by confessing. Hinata's character gained from that as did Naruto's.

And this is why Kishimoto is justified in shafting her for years. Because she hit a goddess, and got a powerup.

Imagine Kishimoto destroyed Naruto's character in the pain arc. Made him join Obito's side and went into the Infinite Tsukiyomi in which he lived out his dream of becoming Hokage before eventually turning into a Zetsu zombie.

And his fans went, "well, he became hokage so I can't complain :|"

Thinking like this is why companies can nickle and dime people, why movies can spam jump scares for 1 and 30 minutes and have people call them, "good horror movies"

You accept mediocrity and have low standards.

Here you go again writing essay comments about characters you loath, it’s really not the serious kid but the fight was a snooze fest compared to every other match in the original CE.
If you believe that's an essay then sure. It is serious, as someone who is a fan of such mediocre and shallow characters like Chocho, Sarada and Sakura. You'd think you'd have problems or even be the one to bring up arguably the worst fight in the series(which is one of Sakura's only solo fight).

But you seem to have a awfully low standard when it comes to female characters, which makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klubargutan

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coming from a Hinata and Himawari fan xd
Explain.

Because i'm not a fan of them.

I like them, but if you asked me if i'm a fan of them? who my top 5 shounen females were?

Orihime is higher than Hinata, Sakura and himawari on my ranking. And she's trash too.

How can you be a fan of something with about 4 panels, or something that had development then proceeded to be dependent on another character.

Last edited:

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She gained experience, for starters. How could you miss the first body flicker seen in the series?
Literally shown in chapter 1.

She didn't gain experience that showed anything.

Inner-Sakura breaking Ino's mindjack? That's nice, too bad that's the last time it'd be seen and never heard from again.

That's right kishi, just drop the quirks and little things that make a character somewhat interesting.

Last edited: