Konoha Tavern - RP General Chat Discussion

Troi 👑

Deez
Supreme
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
21,085
Reaction score
1,645
Question: If one of my contracts has an elemental affinity like sound release which I have completed but I do not hold on some of my bios, do they still get to utilize sound release and the likes? I would assume so, given the fact that snake users may not have poison release, but snakes can still use venom, spiders with silk, toads with oil, etc.
 

Lucidus

Legendary
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
11,974
Reaction score
1,368
Question: If one of my contracts has an elemental affinity like sound release which I have completed but I do not hold on some of my bios, do they still get to utilize sound release and the likes? I would assume so, given the fact that snake users may not have poison release, but snakes can still use venom, spiders with silk, toads with oil, etc.
I know it used to be that you needed to have the skill on the bio in order to be able use summons that can use those fields. Otherwise this could be a way to get around the bio limitations and is one of the reasons Kakuzu and others like him are considered special tier with their own sets of rules.

Oil, Venom, silk etc, thats different. They are not directly utilizing a field but they are using their own inherent, naturally occuring abilities. If you were to take the naturalist spec, you as the summoner could make use of these. But you wouldn't be able to suddenly use sound release through the naturalist spec unless your summons had a natural occurring sound, I think someonehad Banshee that could use their own inherent sound outside of the canon list.

I hope I made some sense? I don't know if this has changed but I haven't seen any changes
 

Troi 👑

Deez
Supreme
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
21,085
Reaction score
1,645
I know it used to be that you needed to have the skill on the bio in order to be able use summons that can use those fields. Otherwise this could be a way to get around the bio limitations and is one of the reasons Kakuzu and others like him are considered special tier with their own sets of rules.

Oil, Venom, silk etc, thats different. They are not directly utilizing a field but they are using their own inherent, naturally occuring abilities. If you were to take the naturalist spec, you as the summoner could make use of these. But you wouldn't be able to suddenly use sound release through the naturalist spec unless your summons had a natural occurring sound, I think someonehad Banshee that could use their own inherent sound outside of the canon list.

I hope I made some sense? I don't know if this has changed but I haven't seen any changes
Kinda sucks because one of the main abilities on my contract is useless if thats the case... Totally unusable.
 

Lucidus

Legendary
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
11,974
Reaction score
1,368
Kinda sucks because one of the main abilities on my contract is useless if thats the case... Totally unusable.
There are some special cases I believe but that is really dependent on the contract.

What contract is it if you don't mind sharing?

Also its only useless if you don't pick up the field yourself. You could have another bio specialising in sound release and use those summons.
 

Troi 👑

Deez
Supreme
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
21,085
Reaction score
1,645
There are some special cases I believe but that is really dependent on the contract.

What contract is it if you don't mind sharing?

Also its only useless if you don't pick up the field yourself. You could have another bio specialising in sound release and use those summons.
One of my contracts has innate sound release...
 

Lucidus

Legendary
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
11,974
Reaction score
1,368
One of my contracts has innate sound release...
Ye, checking the contract, its written as they use the sound release ninjutsu rather than it being something natural.

In todays standards that kind of field would only be allowed on a Myth or Legendary summon as a unique skill, as unique skills allow for more.

Obviously its down to the mods though so I can only take educated guesses
 

Troi 👑

Deez
Supreme
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
21,085
Reaction score
1,645
Sounds like that shouldnt have been approved
Can I redo? I already asked and was told no but would love to resubmit under technicalities. Didn't know it shouldn't have been approved either.

Let me also make it clear that this isn't a new contract. It was way before the new rules.
 

Mirai 🥈

Supreme
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
23,341
Reaction score
1,456
I've always heard quite a bit of mixed reactions/intent pertaining to summons and their unqiue abilities to sometimes use things they normally have while you, the Ninja dont.

Its always been mixed responses from staff over the years, but I think the general conclusion; even now with me saying this- if your contract has a skill that is usually in the nature of lets say an Adv. Ninjutsu, Element etc; it will likely require you to also have it. As Kirikoe pointed out, it would act as a buffer to bypass restrictions in those cases. Animals unique substances, i.e Tengubi fot Tengu's, Electro for Thunderbirds, Acid from slugs etc are not in these as they are unique to the animal in question and thus also why you as a summoner can replicate it through the specialty.

So unless the others disagree, you will need Sound in order for your contract animals to also use it in battle.
 

Mirai 🥈

Supreme
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
23,341
Reaction score
1,456
Can I redo? I already asked and was told no but would love to resubmit under technicalities. Didn't know it shouldn't have been approved either.

Let me also make it clear that this isn't a new contract. It was way before the new rules.
Not sure why you was told no, but you can resubmit them if you'd like to.
 

Antares

Sage of Indecision
Elite
Joined
Apr 3, 2009
Messages
8,148
Reaction score
472
Dumb question, is dokkodo limmited to ronin and samurai
 
Top