Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's so sad seeing all the negatives here. Isn't the story of Naruto, the very thing that this site is based on, about being good and accepting others? Even beyond that, Naruto and Sasuke are super gay for each other. Naruto is the gayest, but not officially gay, manga ever. Yet, homophobes are here. Odd.

As for the woman, I mean, it's your job. It's okay to not agree with something, but it's your job. Let people be. Do your job. Make money, make a couple happy. Win-win.

Anorien16

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sigh ...

This is a complex situation, the Clerk has the Right to carry out her faith but not the right to prevent others from getting their due. The better solution would have been to just let someone else issue the license. But humans normally cant be sensible until its too late.

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Amazing how Homosexuality was so highly disliked to the point that it was forbidden by the majority of the world in the past, and only today you have some buffoons who have brains of donkeys deciding to legalize such a thing after so long. Smfh U_U
Amazing how women were considered sub-human in past and slavery was legal in many cultures and civilizations.

OT: She has to follow the laws whether she likes it or not. Her God's authority does not conform any and everyone.

bajram

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are we really using the bible for this ? The Bible is a joke XD can't take that sh-t seriously.
That's why people like u need to grow up, whether the bible is a joke or not, it is the individuals choice to believe it or not but then some prick like u comes and calls the book shit just because ur not religious, I mean why do so many people lack the damn manners to hold a proper discussion without throwing wild stupid accusations, just grow the **** up.

BlazeRelease

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I live in kentucky. I've been hearing about this ***** daily. She obviously needs to leave her government position and go home. My tax dollars go to her damn paycheck and she thinks she has the right to deny people their rights based on her beliefs?

BlazeRelease

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sigh ...

This is a complex situation, the Clerk has the Right to carry out her faith but not the right to prevent others from getting their due. The better solution would have been to just let someone else issue the license. But humans normally cant be sensible until its too late.
She is head of the office and denied her coworkers the right to give out licenses as well. Also, government officials do not have the right to practice their religious beliefs against the public.

NineSNS

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This took longer than I thought it would tbh. I'm sure she's been contacted by quite a few organizations who would be more than happy to fund whatever she decides to do.

But, don't work for an entity if you can't abide by their rules. Period.

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People's rights being denied isn't important? Yea no
Lmao there are no such things as "rights" anymore. I thought everybody knew that. That is why it isn't important to focus on a little thing like that. If they care so much to make a big deal about getting married then go to another place to get a license. Its not that hard. Shoot some of those people waited YEARS to get married now that the law says they can im sure they can just go somewhere else. Yes its happening and yes its going to happen so why make this huge deal about it? I mean really people are just trying to do anything to get a story now..... Shoot if they don't like it fire here get rid of her. The options to this idiotic problem are simple but the media wants you to keep harping at this....

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Lmao there are no such things as "rights" anymore. I thought everybody knew that. That is why it isn't important to focus on a little thing like that. If they care so much to make a big deal about getting married then go to another place to get a license. Its not that hard. Shoot some of those people waited YEARS to get married now that the law says they can im sure they can just go somewhere else. Yes its happening and yes its going to happen so why make this huge deal about it? I mean really people are just trying to do anything to get a story now..... Shoot if they don't like it fire here get rid of her. The options to this idiotic problem are simple but the media wants you to keep harping at this....
I bet you'd still be saying this if all your rights were taken from you.

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I bet you'd still be saying this if all your rights were taken from you.
Ive had my rights taken from me already but that is because i had done something stupid and was involved with the law. Now this scenario hasn't escalated to where the law is necessary(ie getting arrested). Its legal EVERYWHERE in the US to get married so why focus on one place to get married? That woman will get fired that much is guaranteed since she isn't following a federal order. But if that happens what then? Another person has to be elected into that position right? Which will take awhile and in the time of all this BS they could already have a marriage license. But hey i digress.....

Transcendence

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is why atheists shouldn't reference the Bible, because they aren't Biblically educated enough to make sense of it. You're applying the bible to modern times when it was written years ago under different principles. You literally took scriptures from the book of Romans, an era which the government and Christianitywere one and the same. There was no separation of church and state, therefore, the meaning of "Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God..." holds true because, then, the government was indeed established by god. The laws were the Ten Commandments.
In America, the laws are established by men, therefore, Bad Onion is correct by stating "We must obey god as ruler rather than men".
There may seem like there is a contradiction at the surface, but a good Christian who reads their Bible everyday...
I hope you do realize that majority of Atheists were once theistic before changing their minds and they also took the same amount of studies in regards to religion. A study from a while ago proved that the average Atheist is more knowledgable about biblical affairs than the average theist, due to the prevalence of the need to argue against theists (not that it should happen but whatever...). Plus, the bible has been rewritten thousands of times. You can quote and dissect it all you want. It's just scripture from the 1400th different person who twisted the illogical words coming from said book.

Zavage10

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man she makes 85 k a year doing that job... wtf.

Ps how is she going to judge their marriage when shes been divorced 4 times. Lol i love how people pick and choose their sins.

hixa kuogame

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I hope you do realize that majority of Atheists were once theistic before changing their minds and they also took the same amount of studies in regards to religion. A study from a while ago proved that the average Atheist is more knowledgable about biblical affairs than the average theist, due to the prevalence of the need to argue against theists (not that it should happen but whatever...). Plus, the bible has been rewritten thousands of times. You can quote and dissect it all you want. It's just scripture from the 1400th different person who twisted the illogical words coming from said book.
If that's how you feel, fine. But like I said. Atheist are too closed minded and only say things without factual substance from thorough study. You can't read the bible once and say you don't like it, it has to be read multiple times in order to fully comprehend the teachings. If you go at it with a closed mind, read what you want to read, and only find the bad then of course you wouldn't be faithful.

Where did you even get your information. Where's your factual evidence that the bible has been twisted into an illogical mesh? That's a baseless statement. Are you just saying it to make the bible look bad? Try being impartial when determining the worth of a religion.

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If that's how you feel, fine. But like I said. Atheist are too closed minded and only say things without factual substance from thorough study. You can't read the bible once and say you don't like it, it has to be read multiple times in order to fully comprehend the teachings. If you go at it with a closed mind, read what you want to read, and only find the bad then of course you wouldn't be faithful.

Where did you even get your information. Where's your factual evidence that the bible has been twisted into an illogical mesh? That's a baseless statement. Are you just saying it to make the bible look bad? Try being impartial when determining the worth of a religion.
The irony is painfully plain here.

Human stupidity knows no limits, ay