Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey, I'm just quoting the scripture. It one passage says follow authorities because they are placed so by God, but another says not to, then that is a contradiction.

God said not to follow the authority of men over his authority, but he also said his authority placed men in authority. If these men are giving unworthy or unrighteous decrees, why did God bother putting them in authority? That essentially means God placed someone he thinks shouldn't have authority in authority.

Inb4 it's a test to see if you follow; then you're disobeying God's word. Unless some parts of his word are "more right" than his other.
U do realize that God isn't the one in control of this world right :|
1 John 5:19
We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

Satan even offers Jesus the kingdoms of the world for one act of worship. How can Satan offer Jesus something that isn't his? :|

God can arrange authorities but he doesn't control them.

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think what I'm gleaning from these wonderful Bible passages is "For every verse, there is a counter-verse; therefore, don't quote the Bible for present interpretation". Is that a fair assessment, or am I being too harsh here?

hixa kuogame

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey, I'm just quoting the scripture. It one passage says follow authorities because they are placed so by God, but another says not to, then that is a contradiction.

God said not to follow the authority of men over his authority, but he also said his authority placed men in authority. If these men are giving unworthy or unrighteous decrees, why did God bother putting them in authority? That essentially means God placed someone he thinks shouldn't have authority in authority. The fact that God put them in authority means God went against his own standards. How do you obey "Listen not to men" and "Listen to men" simultaneously? The answer is, quite frankly, you can't.

Inb4 it's a test to see if you follow; then you're disobeying God's word. Unless some parts of his word are "more right" than his other.
This is why atheists shouldn't reference the Bible, because they aren't Biblically educated enough to make sense of it. You're applying the bible to modern times when it was written years ago under different principles. You literally took scriptures from the book of Romans, an era which the government and Christianitywere one and the same. There was no separation of church and state, therefore, the meaning of "Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God..." holds true because, then, the government was indeed established by god. The laws were the Ten Commandments.
In America, the laws are established by men, therefore, Bad Onion is correct by stating "We must obey god as ruler rather than men".
There may seem like there is a contradiction at the surface, but a good Christian who reads their Bible everyday...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fearmonger

Uzumaki Macho

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Amazing how Homosexuality was so highly disliked to the point that it was forbidden by the majority of the world in the past, and only today you have some buffoons who have brains of donkeys deciding to legalize such a thing after so long. Smfh U_U
Blacks used to not have equal rights in many parts of the world, so I guess we're also buffoons for giving them equal rights as well.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It also says shrimp is detestable to God and that for wearing clothes of different materials, my mother may receive divine punishment.
You should really read the bible instead of taking bits and pieces. Because what u r referring to is the restriction that God put on the Jews when they were his chosen ppl. PArt of the mosaic law.

After the death of Christ his followers moved away from the mosaic law and didn't put all those strict rules upon the Christians

Acts 15:28-29
For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols,b from blood,c from what is strangled,ad and from sexual immorality.be If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like where this thread is going, all ABOARD THE RIKER BASH TRAIN.:bdpf:
I'm still mostly here for the quotes .
I wanna see how people who read the Bible weight his words,
against others.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
This is why atheists shouldn't reference the Bible, because they aren't Biblically educated enough to make sense of it. You're applying the bible to modern times when it was written years ago under different principles. You literally took scriptures from the book of Romans, an era which the government was Christianity and Christianity was the government. There was no separation of church and state, therefore, the meaning of "Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God..." holds true because, then, the government was indeed established by god. The laws were the Ten Commandments.
In America, the laws are established by men, therefore, Bad Onion is correct by stating "We must obey god as ruler rather than men".
There may seem like there is a contradiction at the surface, but a good Christian who reads their Bible everyday...
You should really read the bible instead of taking bits and pieces. Because what u r referring to is the restriction that God put on the Jews when they were his chosen ppl. PArt of the mosaic law.

After the death of Christ his followers moved away from the mosaic law and didn't put all those strict rules upon the Christians

Acts 15:28-29
For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols,b from blood,c from what is strangled,ad and from sexual immorality.be If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”
I've taken extensive Bible studies for about 5 years before I stopped.

@Hixa: the bible was made long ago for times long ago. So it's obsolete for modern times due to being outdated, gotcha.

@Onion: So if one part of the divine law given can be labelled obsolete and outdated to suit times as they progress and modernize, its possible to do so to every part, making it potentially obsolete as a whole.

Mypower

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I honestly hope you're kidding XD. The Bible is more profound than your entire life.
You must be registered for see images

Are you kidding me ??? The book that condones slavery and mistreatment of women. GTFO here the book has more contradictions than any book ever created. Don't be saying shit like this or else you going to get schooled.

Try reading this and actually learn the bible . Learn how fallible it is and how much of a joke it is.

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

"Nevertheless, you are not to eat of these among those which chew the cud, or among those that divide the hoof in two: the camel and the rabbit and the shaphan, for though they chew the cud, they do not divide the hoof; they are unclean for you. 8"The pig, because it divides the hoof but does not chew the cud, it is unclean for you. You shall not eat any of their flesh nor touch their carcasses. 9"These you may eat of all that are in water: anything that has fins and scales you may eat,…

hixa kuogame

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

@Hixa: the bible was made long ago for times long ago. So it's obsolete for modern times due to being outdated, gotcha.

@Onion: So if one part of the divine law given can be labelled obsolete and outdated to suit times as they progress and modernize, its possible to do so to every part, making it potentially obsolete as a whole.
Shifting words? Nitpicking? sigh...

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

It wasn't done to be modern. The Jews had the opportunity to be god's chosen ppl and they failed. The mosaic law was made as
#1 A protection (the law emphasized health standards such quarantine, cleanliness, and a lot of the food considered unclean (shrimp) was done for the Israelites own good..

2# Make their sinful nature apparent to them.

The law was made obsolete because Christ died for our sins covering them permanently. a law that only provided short term measures to cover sins after christ already covered our sins is pointless

Last edited:

hixa kuogame

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Are you kidding me ??? The book that condones slavery and mistreatment of women. GTFO here the book has more contradictions than any book ever created. Don't be saying shit like this or else you going to get schooled.

Try reading this and actually learn the bible . Learn how fallible it is and how much of a joke it is.
The premise of the entire argument is to accurately read the bible and do proper research and here you are with conjectural assertions.. Do you even know of more than one kind of slavery?..

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Shifting words? Nitpicking? sigh...
That's not nitpicking, it's the fact of the matter. If Law's and decrees given in the Bible can become obsolete, as did the entire old testament apparently, why not all of it? Why not more? Who decides what part of God's word is legit and which part has become flawed? And if God's word can become flawed and obsolete, how is his authority better than any other man? By saying that these laws and decrees are no longer to be followed, you are saying it is a mistake to have them. This means God is capable of making mistakes like any mere human.
It wasn't done to be modern. The Jews had the opportunity to be god's chosen ppl and they failed. The mosaic law was made as
#1 A protection (the law emphasized health standards such quarantine, cleanliness, and a lot of the food considered unclean (shrimp) was done for the Israelites own good..

The law was made obsolete because Christ died for our sins covering them permanently. a law that only provided short term measures to cover sins after chrest already covered our sins is pointless
Well Christ has died for our sins permanently, why not cut loose and do whatever we want and put it on Jesus' massive crucifixion tab? What need is there to follow these rules from God if the sacrifice is gonna spare us?

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's not nitpicking, it's the fact of the matter. If Law's and decrees given in the Bible can become obsolete, as did the entire old testament apparently, why not all of it? Why not more? Who decides what part of God's word is legit and which part has become flawed? And if God's word can become flawed and obsolete, how is his authority better than any other man? By saying that these laws and decrees are no longer to be followed, you are saying it is a mistake to have them. This means God is capable of making mistakes like any mere human.
Like I said read the book. :| U r taking a few verses without knowing any of the context behind them. A person who stands in judgment over something he knows nothing about can only be seen as stupid.

As for the law becoming obsolete Jesus christ was the one who stated it obsolete

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The law was made obsolete because Christ died for our sins covering them permanently. a law that only provided short term measures to cover sins after christ already covered our sins is pointless
I'm not understanding how what "God said" is being chosen to be decided as what the goverment
decided was best for the time. It's really odd how you guys can debunk all of this by saying
the time period they were made were in a time the law was needed, when the entire set
was completed centuries ago.