Immortal
Kin
355💸
Kumi
11,278💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Arriving from .

The captain of the ship Jack had boarded relentlessly rattled off stories of times passed as a seafarer. Jack humored the man, listening attentively and responding on occasion with tales of his own.

Leaving landmark.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Travelling here from .
Clear skies and calm seas: perfect conditions for a voyage. At the start of the voyage, Wukong was in high spirits, sitting atop the crow's nest and peering curiously in every direction, soaking up the sunlight and every ounce of this new and exciting world he was sailing towards.

Before long, however, the gentle motion of the ocean proves to be a little much for the jubilant Monkey King; without warning, the other passengers of the ship see Wukong leaning over the ship's rail, heaving the contents of his stomach out into the deep blue water.

"Best go below decks once your stomach's empty," one of the sailors wisely advises. "Rocking should be more gentle down there, might help with the sea sickness until you get your sea legs."

After spending a few more minutes spent upending his gut, Wukong slinks below decks where he sits cross legged, determined to accustom himself to the swaying of the ship as quickly as he can. Still, he occasionally finds himself rushing to the deck, unable to keep the sparse contents of his stomach down, much to the delight of the warriors accompanying the ship who had long grown tired of Wukong's showmanship back on the island.

Still, by day's end, Wukong is able to force himself to grow accustomed to the ship's rocky motion and heads up to the top of the deck to enjoy a topside dinner with the rest of the crew and passengers.

"Good to see you're feeling better, Guardian," Elder Kamekao smiles at Wukong amusedly through his wirey beard. "Wouldn't be much good to us if we were attacked while you were leaning over the side of the ship!" The rest of the crew laughs, but Wukong simply ignores him and dig into the meal of roasted bore and papayas, grateful to safely get food back in his belly.

In the following morning, Wukong comes above deck and is greeted once again by sunny and pristine conditions. I could get used to this, the jinchuuriki thinks to himself as as sprawls out in the warm morning sun, basking in its glow.

But all good things must come to an end. Before long, the warrior on lookout duty in the crow's nest calls out, "Elder Kamekao! Wukong! Come look! A ship's in the horizon headed straight for us!"

Before Kamekao could even approachthe mast, Wukong scampers up its length, joining the lookout in the crow's nest. Sure enough, he sees a speck on the horizon. The lookout offers him his brass telescope, and Wukong peers through it and sees the source of his worry immediately: black sails and an ominous flag.

Last edited:

Typhon

Legendary
Kin
664💸
Kumi
6,684💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This post marks the beginning of my (our) mission using these storyboard elements:
  • (3) Convince a neutral party to fight with you
Summary: After wrecking the merchant ship's sails with his wind technique, Isoka was detained in the brig of the ship. There he met a couple of people, one of little importance, the other an intriguing man. The crippled ship made for an easy target and was beset upon by pirates who held a connection to the intriguing man. Together, they devised a plan to overcome this obstacle in a way where they all won in the end.

It was back to the dank and dark for Isoka after his mishap with the sails. It seemed that in the short time his winds actually helped the ship forward, or perhaps in the hours drifting since then, they had crossed into the Kanashii Ocean. The crew had attempted to salvage what they could of the sinking mast but it was to no avail. With no sails the ship was dead in the water and moved at the behest of the sea. On the bright side, without any movement there was no motion sickness to be had, though Isoka wished he could enjoy that from the comfort of his lumpy cot rather than the unforgiving wood of the ship's brig. After the incident it appeared as though the crew might've thrown Isoka to the sea right then and there, but the Captain decided to lock him up instead. The binds were a bit tight, but at least he wouldn't be asked to help with the ship any more.

"And that was the third...no, fourth time I got scurvy." It was indeed the third time, though Isoka wasn't sure he needed to hear about it, much less the two times before. He wasn't alone down below, the brig had two more stowed away with him. The man with chronic scurvy was older, his skin well weathered and a scraggly gray beard. He was a crew hand of the ship, but had stolen from another during their last trip. He was a dreadfully uninteresting man, yet he regaled Isoka and the third brig-mate with tale after tale of instantly forgotten life story. "No...it was the third! Now that ya mention it, let me tell ya about the fourth time I got scurvy."

Isoka heard the grumbling coming from deep within his mind. "If this moron tells us about scurvy one more time, I'm going to sink this whole damn ship! Ya hear me, kid?!"

He shrugged his shoulders, "Tankami, I hear ya Tankami, but what am I supposed to do?"

"How about you get the hell out of here?! Those binds couldn't hold a two year old!" Shukaku was roaring now, his voice echoing through the inner sanctum.

Truth be told, Isoka wasn't truly bound, at least not in any meaningful way. He could have gotten up an left at any point, but he was content right where he was. It had hardly been the worst environment he'd been in. "And get asked to help with the ship again? Fat chance, kyahaha!"

Shukaku grew frustrated, "Fine, then you're on your own!" A storm of sand brewed in the sanctum and a dome took shape around the beast.

"Ahh, come on big guy! Don't leave me alone out here! Ya know I hate getting the silent treatment." But it was too late, the beast had sealed himself off and no words could reach him through that sandy shell.

Isoka let out a sight and returned to the brig, just in time to catch the tail end of another captivating epic. "Doc says it was just a bad case of the runs! Can ya believe that?"

Hours, maybe even a day had passed. It was difficult to keep track of time down below. The gaoler had been down a couple of times with water and a few crumbs of stale bread. Isoka asked if they had anything a bit stronger to wash it down with, but that seemed to piss the gaoler off. Seems the crew was running low on their supply of rum, thanks to their current travel-less predicament. The old scurvy-riddled sailor had finally talked himself to sleep, bringing some peace to the brig.

"Finally, thought he'd never shut-up." Isoka had almost forgotten about the third man tucked away in the corner. He spoke with a gravely voice, yet he wasn't old. Not young either, but there was still some youth in his green eyes. "You look like an interesting fellow, what's your story?"

Isoka grinned, "Just a man lookin' to make a name for himself, ya know?" There was a time when he would have told the man more, but over the years he had learned that what he was held value, and that value sometimes made men do rash things. "What about you?"

The man adjusted his shackles and pulled himself into more into the light. His clothes were more ragged than the rest of those on the ship, perhaps his hold in the brig had not been so short. "You could say the same thing about me, just trying to make my name known. Things were going well 'til the ol' Captain up there caught me a night's worth of drinks deep in some tavern down on Kiko Island. Been holed up here ever since!"

"He kidnapped you?!" Isoka was shocked, the Captain seemed like a good guy, despite locking him away too.

"Kahaha!" The man threw his head back in laughter. "Well, I would say so, but the bounty on my head says otherwise. They got me stuck in here until they reach port on the Crimson Island, then its off to the gallows for me!"

That was unfortunate, Isoka was starting to take a liking to the man. It wasn't uncommon for him to come across the every day criminal during his travels with the Tanuki, as they liked to visit the taverns everywhere they went which put them in the company of some quite unsavory people. But Isoka seemed to prefer that type to the lawful, they just knew how to have fun. "Ah, damn! Sorry to hear that man, if you got a bounty I must've heard of you, what's your name?"

He closed his eyes and gave a coy, confident smile. "My name is...the scourge of the Southern Seas, the scourge of your Wife's Bed, the best damn pirate that's every lived, Captain Bart Barbossa!"

Isoka blurted out, "...never heard of ya."

Bart almost fell over, "What?! You've never heard of the infamous pirate that terrorizes ships from East to West?!"

"Nope, sorry, can't say I have. Are you famous or something?" Isoka shrugged, apologizing if he offended the man.

He leaned forward, pleading with Isoka. "I ain't famous, I'm infamous! Ever man who's stepped foot on a boats heard of me!" Seeing no change in the blank expression on Isoka's face, Bart leaned back against the wall and sighed, defeated. "Guess I got a ways to go then...say, you never told me your name?"

"Isoka Tanryu, pleased to meet ya."

The two of them talked for some time, sharing past adventures and misadventures alike. The old man had stirred from time to time, so they hushed their voices. Neither of them needed hear about the seventh time he had gotten scurvy. After several hours had passed and laughs were had, the two of them seemed to run out of memories to share.

Just when things seemed to have died down, shouts could be heard up above and feet stomped across the deck of the ship in an obvious panic. Moments later the sound of wood exploding echoed through the ship along with several more splashes of water. The ship had lingered too long and had become an easy opportunity for a passing vessel. The first barrage of cannons were a warning, one that their vessel heeded wisely. It took some time for the pirates to board the ship, Isoka and Bart sat quietly in the brig, wondering what was happening up above.

Soon enough a man came stomping down, a stranger to Isoka, not one of the crew. His eyes immediately went to Bart. "Well shit, I just had to see it myself! If it ain't 'Captain' Bart! Those chains suit ya well." The man pressed up against the steel bars to get a closer look before spitting down on Bart, who had thus far remained silent with an angry fire in his eyes. "The boys upstairs gotta hear about this." He stomped away and disappeared up to the deck.

Isoka raised an eyebrow, "Uhh, Bart? Ya okay bud? What was that all about?"

Bart wiped the lingering spittle off his face. "Was hoping it wasn't them..." He seemed a bit reluctant. "See, whole reason I was by myself back in that tavern where I got captured, was because some of my crew had a few...disagreements with the way I was running the ship. Greedy bastards thought they deserved more than their fair share. So they up an mutinied me, stole my ship, stole my crew, and left me penniless on that damn island."

Isoka pondered on that for some moments, letting the wheels churn. Then he had a thought, "Say! So that boat out there is yours, right? And its got sails?"

Bart scoffed at the question, "Well, ya, no shit its got sails. Damn fine ship. But it ain't mine any more. Remember, the whole mutiny thing?"

"Kyahaha! Who cares about that?! If they could steal it from you, we can steal it right back!" Isoka saw an opportunity for cooperation. He was done with the seas and ready to reach sweet, familiar, solid land. Not only that, he could arrive to his first meeting with the Black Order bearing gifts.

"What do you mean 'we'? How do you planning on doing that, we're in chains down here. And even if we got out, its gotta be about two against twenty!" Isoka hadn't told Bart of his abilities, something that hadn't come up in their conversations earlier.

"Listen up, Bart! I got a plan..." Isoka laid out the plan step by step and Bart agreed to it.

The crew was tied up on the deck while the pirates began to transport the goods between vessels. It seemed like everything was going smoothly, until a heavy barrel being carried by two men began to vibrate and shake. They dropped it, and as it hit the deck it erupted, sending the wooden shards flying. A monstrous shape took form between the scattered pirate crew.

"Grrraaaahhhh! WHERE IS HE! GRRRRR! WHERE IS THIS PIRATE CAPTAIN!" A grotesque monster stood in the center of the deck. Some six feet tall, it had the head of a beast and jagged protrusions across its twisted body, dark black eyes with golden centers and a body made of sand. Its mouth moved and words rang out, "BRING HIM TO ME OR DIE!"

The pirates backed away, nervously glancing at each other, murmurs of "demon" and "monster" whispered between them. The man who had come down to the brig earlier looked on with wide eyes before stammering out a command, "Ah- Attack it! Kill it!"

Several of the pirates charged forward, cutlasses in hand, but there were no match for the powerful beast. With a quick swipe of his arm he sent them flying, two splashed into the ocean while the third crashed violently into the other ship.

GRAHAHAHA! SO THEN IT IS YOU, THE CAPTAIN! YOU HAVE SINNED AGAINST THE SEA, YOU HAVE COMMITTED MUTINY! The demon reached an arm forward and sand swarmed the terrified pirate. Quickly it wrapped around him, covering him head to toe. The punishment for mutiny...is...DEATH! The demon closed his outreached hand and the sand compacted in on itself, crushing the pirate with powerful force and spraying his blood across the deck. A hush fell over the pirates, their leader killed. Now...for the rest of you...DEATH!

The beast raised up an arm and stepped towards the quaking men, fear begging them to flee, but freezing them where they stood. One man appeared before the beast. "Enough! Leave MY men alone! They had no choice but to follow, or be cast aside like me! The man responsible is dead, leave it at that vengeful demon!"

Showing no hesitation, the demon brought its hand down on the man, but it was met by a cutlass and the hand was cut away. The demon roared with pain and stumbled back, Bart followed, slashing at the beast with a flurry of cuts. Isoka played the role well, writhing with pain as each blow was struck, yet the flimsy cutlass could never hope to cut through his tough exterior. With a final slash, Isoka went quiet. He slowly fell back and crashed down on the deck. The sand scattered away and seemed to get carried off in the breeze as the beast faded to nothingness, Isoka included, who had broken his body down into sand to make a convincing departure.

The remaining pirates hesitated for a moment, unsure if it was over. Slowly they realized that victory had been found, and one by own a chorus of cheers grew. Roars of approval and adoration showered down on Bart, and chants of his name, 'Captain Bart', filled the deck. Isoka reformed himself in standard form below the deck, ecstatic with the performance he had put on, and please with the ally he had just made. Bart was given command of the pirates once again, and decided to leave the more troublesome members on the merchant ship before they left.

Isoka stood beside Bart at the ship's wheel, "So, that went pretty damn well, huh?" Bart just smiled. "And remember our agreement, or else that monster might just return, kyahaha!"

Bart wasn't sure how serious that threat was, but he didn't intend to test it. This flippancy in which Isoka had killed his enemy scared him, he hadn't realized what kind of beast he had been locked away with. The thought of it now sent a chill down his spine, yet Isoka seemed pleasant enough. They stood together as the ship sailed onward, Isoka now felt comfortable on the ship, he had become a true man of the sea. He now took in all the glory, the shining sun, the intricate bustle of the crew, the taste of salt in the air. It was beautiful.

The old man next to them spoke up, "Ya got any lemons on this boat, Captain? I think I got the scurvy coming on."

Techniques Used
( Ichibi Fukanzen Henji no Justu ) - One Tailed Initial Transformation Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: N/A ( 40 for chakra burst ) ( +20 to Sand and +10 to Wind techniques )
Description: When the incomplete form is activated, Gaara is engulfed in a massive amount of sand as he gains a sand armour and begins taking on Shukaku-like features underneath. A tail of sand grows from his back, which he can control. He gains the ability to use chakra arms but in a different manner than other Jinchuriki's as, since Sand coats his limbs, he will create sand arms, resembling the ons Shukaku has, which he can use to attack defend or attack. Once the transformation is completed, a chakra burst sends all the excessive sand outwards in a short ranged burst, revelaing a miniature version of the Shukaku. Gaara's sand armour can then defend from offensive juts us up to B-rank.
Note: This form only lasts a maximum of 4 turns
Note: Can only be used twice, after each usage the user cannot activate it for at least 8 turns. Should it end, the user is left unable to use any Bijuu jutsu above A rank for two turns.

( Sabaku Sousou ) - Sand Burial
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user will create a wave of sand that they use to cover their opponent/opponents from head to toe. Once they have done this they will close their hand causing the sand to compact inwards crushing their target.

( Suna Tainai no Jutsu ) - Sand Body Technique
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 20 ( - 10 per turn )
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user turns his own body into sand, or simply parts of it. While in sand form, he can cross long distances by soaring as a sandstorm. In this form, he is also invulnerable to attacks based on strengths and weaknesses of Sand. However, he is unable to attack during this form.

-Leaving Landmark-
-To Be Continued-

Last edited:

Typhon

Legendary
Kin
664💸
Kumi
6,684💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Down below in the depths of the ship Isoka rested in a bed in various states of disarray. His snored drowned out the storm that battered the wooden vessel and tossed it about the sea. Where has he been? What lies ahead for our hero?!

-LLM

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Arriving from the Hangurian Gulf. Solomon, in his solitude on the merchant ship, recalled that Oui was going to be travelling through Tobusekai for the Doubles Tournament months ago. He hadn't heard from her in sometime, and wondered if she was doing well - although he already knew that something was amiss. Goetia simply looked toward him with a somber expression, as if asking him if he wanted to truly bother the young woman. With a smile on Solmon's face, he pulled the scroll she had given him from his robes; "Ouiiiiiiiiii" He jokingly whispered through the Communications Scroll. "Where might I find you?"

LLM

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Jack the clone traveled through the ocean from Moon Isle.

He headed toward the Tea Peninsula to track down another clan. Or what remained of it.

ELM from LM 188 | LLM

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see medias

( Sandāu~ēbu ) - Thunderwave ( Passive )
Type: Tool
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: N/A ( - 5 per turn when used )
Damage: N/A
Description: Thunderwave is a basic chest plate outfitted with a surround sound speaker system, and a microphone. It can be used to play music or make noises more audible than normal similar to a karaoke machine. It is able to produce sound louder than most techniques or the clashing of techniques and can be much louder than the user or opponent can scream. In essence it can act like the (Utsusemi no Jutsu) - Empty Cicada Shell Technique passively at all times being louder and stronger than even that basic technique. It comes pre-loaded with all of the wielder's favorite songs. In battle it can be used to play theme music or it can make the user louder as it has a built in microphone system connected to the speaker system.
The primary use of Thunderwave as mentioned above is the ability to play music with the offshoot of this being the ability to cancel sound waves with sound waves while playing music. This is similar to the Scientific Ninja Tool: Shijima and works like a noise-cancellation speaker. The system can emit a sound wave with the same amplitude but with inverted phase also known as antiphase to the original sound. The waves combine to form a new wave, in a process called interference, and effectively cancel each other out. This effect is called destructive interference and is able to nullify sound techniques in equal rank. The sound can encompass a short - long range area around the user being louder the closer to the user the people who can hear it are and due to this it has a dampening system as to not harm the users ears or cause them any undue problems. It can be fine tuned to look different depending on the wielder's appearance or preference.
Note: Sound techniques can only be canceled once per turn three times per battle.
Jack entered out onto the ocean to track down another clan and give the same offer.

It seemed like there weren't many willing to take him up on his proposal.

ELM from LM 019 | LLM

" " a clone LLM | Travel Itinerary: #261 -> #134 -> #259-> #256 -> #176
Departing #261 Kanashii Ocean at 4:30AM ( 1/22/20 )
#261: 04:30AM - 05:30AM
#134: 05:30AM - 06:30AM
#259: 06:30AM - 07:30AM
#256: 07:30AM - 08:30AM
#179: 08:30AM - 09:30AM ( 1/22/20 )
Clone of Sado Yasutora " " arriving at #176 Raitoninguroddobarē at 9:30AM

Last edited: