Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wow that is so crazy seeing how similar this is…. Kishi would've been a young inspiring mangaka at the time too so it could definitely be where he got his inspiration from. I truly believe he has known the entire plot since the late 90's like he knew where his story was going to go at that time already

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hmm....

I'm not entirely sure if this is Kishimoto 'copying' or if it is more of a cultural theme we are not privy to.

Obviously, the tale of Kaguya-Hime is based off of and the reference to the .

Black and White are classic depictions of Yin and Yang and even outside of Taoist-influenced regions are common distinguishing traits (Black hats and white hats among the campy westerns).

Obviously, the moon plays an important part of Japanese folklore - Dragonball played to the Moon Rabbit (Monster Carrot... who supposedly was blown up when Piccolo destroyed the moon), Sailor Moon is another one full of various lunar references (to include invasions).

Hair - or the use of it as some kind of living being - is one that seems to be cultural, as well - though it's one I'm finding difficult to keyword search.

[video=youtube;OjGCLn_4LPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjGCLn_4LPU[/video]

Yuurei are often depicted with long black hair (kind of makes sense given the population...).

There is a cultural context I'm not entirely grasping with the whole "attacking hair" thing - but it's there.

Since we're on the topic:

Anyway - The point I'm trying to make is that there is a bit more going on within the culture that we're at a disadvantage to understand, and it may have more to do with the two authors developing from a set of common influences than one from the other. Though I imagine we are ill equipped to try and discern between the two likelihoods.

nite

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
tried to rep u but gota pass to someone else b4 i can . anyone plz feel free to do wat i coodnt on my behalf.

but ye the white and dark rabbit in reference to the zetsus is cool.

who knows maybe kishi will give us a battle of gods next , AT did it so cood see it happen

veggetta13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just wanted to point out I admire Sir DERP FOR BEING ABLE TO bare watching this anime during his childhood in sake of today"s base fans. Obviously Derp you did like the show.
From all the Japanese culture constant paraphrasing done by Kishi I found The Empress of the Moon the least interesting, except for the part of being born out of a bamboo stick. Dunno, thought the story felt like a lucky Cinderella written by a royal family female member.

I agree with your conclusion she*s meant to appear with no harm upon intended on humans neither the Earth.

Nice comeback

Last edited:

FearxDeath

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The similarities are uncanny, although I dont remember this in Detective Conan but to be honest I didnt make it past 50 episodes, that series is crazy long. Nice find