chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think canon means any work of the author,writer or whatever that follows the storyline of the original work. But is this new series canon?since it is not drawn by kishimoto and he isn't the writer it supposed to be non canon but can it be considered canon since he supervises it afterall.
Naruto has become like an American comic now, it's all canon.

Aznkidd

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know canon is a fan made concept right? So the bold cannot be true.

OT: It's a different mangaka for both the art and story, nuff said.
Well not everything from the canon series is written nor drawn 100% by the author himself. And if Kishi is gonna supervise and direct the story line, it will still be same as old days. The only difference is Kishi work less than before...

If you watch agent of shield or american series, there are so many different director/script but the story still connects as whole..

Akiretsu

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto = Star Wars
Kishi = George Lucas

The Boruto Manga will be "The Force Awakens", but this time (Unlike George Lucas), Kishi is like a Script Supervisor of a movie:

"a member of a film crew and oversees the continuity of the motion picture including wardrobe, props, set dressing, hair, makeup and the actions of the actors during a scene."

So yes, it can be considered canon. Doubt they could say Kishimoto is Supervising/Overseeing this story if he wasn't doing at least some of what the title entails.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yeah maybe he was talked around by the person drawing the boruto manga
He probably was but I still believe that it can easily backfire on him. Naruto is very popular yes but it is not the only manga on the planet. People will easily get bored of it quickly. I don't want to see another Pokemon.

He must not have seen the shit artwork on borutos face yet
Art is not the only problem it is the story as well. Do we really want to see another story of people playing ninja only to grow older and be badass?

BrillyMac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He probably was but I still believe that it can easily backfire on him. Naruto is very popular yes but it is not the only manga on the planet. People will easily get bored of it quickly. I don't want to see another Pokemon.

Art is not the only problem it is the story as well. Do we really want to see another story of people playing ninja only to grow older and be badass?
The badass part, yes. The watching children play ninja until they get badass? Hell no

Sophie Ezra

Veteran
Kin
719💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I doubt it will go that far its more similar to the way DBZ went except at least Kishi is still having a say in the new Gen story unlike DBGT which is why we now have DB supers.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I doubt it will go that far its more similar to the way DBZ went except at least Kishi is still having a say in the new Gen story unlike DBGT which is why we now have DB supers.
Its not the similar way of how DBZ went. We got Boruto being the main character of this new series. Naruto will not be the shining star of this series. In DBZ Goku still kept his main character status. Not to mention how Naruto and Sasuke are at the peak of there powers now. It would make who ever comes after them look like a joke. If this continues on Naruto really will end up on DBZ power levels.

Reactions: Warlocks

Sophie Ezra

Veteran
Kin
719💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its not the similar way of how DBZ went. We got Boruto being the main character of this new series. Naruto will not be the shining star of this series. In DBZ Goku still kept his main character status. Not to mention how Naruto and Sasuke are at the peak of there powers now. It would make who ever comes after them look like a joke. If this continues on Naruto really will end up on DBZ power levels.
i still doubt it will go as far as Pokemon tho this is a small project released once a month

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is basically Naruto GT. Different writer, different artist, if its not related to Kishi in any way than it is something else.
He might come back with a Naruto Super in the future, but right now this is basically GT version of Naruto: Next Generation or whatever
Not even. GT had much more to do with Toriyama then this has to do with Kishimoto. Toriyama actually did the character designs.

OT: The Naruto Storm series is more canon than this nonsense.

Reactions: Warlocks