Yo pappy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Go tell that to the camel I humped then. Obviously you're lying over the internet.

When people get mad on the internet, they lie.
You know what, I am mad. Do you have any idea how long it's gonna take for us to be able to use that camel again? It's got more crabs than a seafood market.

Corgi

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh, that's right! I totally forgot you're not allowed to go out of the kitchen. Tell you what, if you make me a sandwich I'll consider talking to you about public restrooms.
Well, apparently they have crabs and it has the word "public" in the name itself. No thanks, I'll keep the sandwiches to myself, thank you much.

Sir Blades

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hunter x Hunter has something special about it, i unfortunately enjoy it more than naruto. Maybe its the hardcore situations, gore, mystery and the fights. Gon and Killua's friendship shits on naruto and sasuke's.

Twisted007

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fun Fact: The creator of Hunter X Hunter is the Mentor of Kishimoto.
This

Naruto is influenced by HxH there is no denying that but the writers are close and they cool with each other. Kurapika/Sasuke storyline is the only thing that feels like a ripoff to me, avengers, only survivor of their clan, red eyes that makes them OP. Kishimoto should have changed some stuff.

'Kurapika

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
HXH was published in March 3, 1998 and Naruto was published in August 1997. No mention of inspiration and 1-year apart. No rip-off.
Hunter hunter started roughly a year before Naruto I'm not mistaken. By then Kishi's rough draft and one shot for Naruto was already completed (after his work Mario was scrapped). I doubt Kishi threw out any of his original ideas and he just adapted them.

They ran simultaneously from what I know and given togashi's hiatus'... I doubt it.
Naruto as a series started in 1999. The one shot was extremely different and didn't include the things Kishi is accused of stealing. HxH was serialized early 1998.
Kurapika's eyes, clan and revenge plans were all revealed earlier than the Uchiha massacre and the revenge theme of Sasuke.
The Hunter's exams are older than the Chuunin exams.
To me it seems Kishi ditched his original story that revolved around a fox-boy and picked up some ideas from HxH.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure Naruto was featured in shonen jump in early '97, HxH didn't even start it's first issue till a little more than a year after that. Also Kishi has been quoted as saying that a lot of his character concepts were inspired by DBZ like almost every other shonen jump series. Fiction is based off of every day life in society and exams are a big part of a japanese students life(everywhere else as well I'm assuming), so it's only natural that there are exams it's been done by countless of mangas/anime before naruto or hxh and after. And the Sasuke personality is nothing new to anime/manga or even japanese shows and stories. It's all influenced by life.

'Kurapika

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure Naruto was featured in shonen jump in early '97, HxH didn't even start it's first issue till a little more than a year after that. Also Kishi has been quoted as saying that a lot of his character concepts were inspired by DBZ like almost every other shonen jump series. Fiction is based off of every day life in society and exams are a big part of a japanese students life(everywhere else as well I'm assuming), so it's only natural that there are exams it's been done by countless of mangas/anime before naruto or hxh and after. And the Sasuke personality is nothing new to anime/manga or even japanese shows and stories. It's all influenced by life.
You are indeed mistaken.

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was about to ask something similar. Kirapakis eyes glow red when enraged and his entire clan was wiped and out and he is seeking revenge.
I mean thats as close to sasuke as I can imagine.

Last edited:

Transcendence

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No. It is not, but the similarities are justified. Not many people know this; but the author of Hunter x Hunter was Kishimoto's mentor. Them having similarities is not farfetched at all since they know the same drawing techniques.