Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is about my anxiety of being a bad person without knowing about it.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think it will disappear, maybe int some places but not everywhere, we already have technology and science far more advanced than if we go back in time, people are still religious.

I actually believe Salamander in that atheists probably talk more about religion than religious people do themselves, for them it's just part of who they are.

Yeah, religion may not disappear entirely but I think its effect on people will diminish over time.

Reactions: Avaitto

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ba dum, ba dum
The sound of an old mans heart
Ba dum ba dum

He's been through a lot
He taught King Tut
The old man had a nut

Ba dum ba dum
Where to now
He can't chow anymore
As his teeth are wooden
No more white, no more gold

His heart beat fades
Oh no he has aids
He transforms into a lizard
And welcomes a new day

• Haha
Reactions: HowDidIGetPrem

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A nation without one set of morals that can last through the times and challenges will just become split by many different ideologies. Secular values don't last as well as religious values do and you will see conflicts arising like with America today. It doesn't particularly matter whether that set of values is founded on religion or atheism but the latter will always fall apart easier because a set of values believed to be made by men will always be challenged by its people.

A lot of atheists also tend to have the belief of "live and let live and just in general be good to others" but what does it mean to be good to others? I don't think allowing your fellow people to corrupt themselves with hedonism, materialism, etc. is being good to them. I am not religious myself, but I think a lot of religious people have beliefs that are better in the long run compared to the beliefs of most atheists.

Also to add, religion puts emphasis on community which can keep people away from things such as depression and mental illness in general, while atheism promotes individualism and although many people today "free themselves from religion" they become held down by things like loneliness as a result.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@Pumpkin Ninja @Legendary Saiyan Bruh, you two are still here :ROFLMAO:

A nation without one set of morals that can last through the times and challenges will just become split by many different ideologies. Secular values don't last as well as religious values do and you will see conflicts arising like with America today. It doesn't particularly matter whether that set of values is founded on religion or atheism but the latter will always fall apart easier because a set of values believed to be made by men will always be challenged by its people.

A lot of atheists also tend to have the belief of "live and let live and just in general be good to others" but what does it mean to be good to others? I don't think allowing your fellow people to corrupt themselves with hedonism, materialism, etc. is being good to them. I am not religious myself, but I think a lot of religious people have beliefs that are better in the long run compared to the beliefs of most atheists.
Partially agree on the permanence (or resistance to change) of religious morals but does it really matter whether these rules don't change when more and more people are going to ignore them. How many religious folks do you see actually sticking to rules on premarital *** and contraception for example? I'll tell you as someone from a catholic enviroment, very very few.

Also, it's a very tricky thing to go on saving someone from a danger that only you perceive as such. It is way too often an excuse for oppression such as Christians boycotting gay marriage or adoption for such couples because they're afraid these people will go to hell or Islamic groups preventing a woman from doing a mundane thing like going outside without a hijab for same fear. The humanist motto is the only thing that makes sense in a free society as far as I'm concerned. Any concern should be kept on a level of private prayer and friendly advice when asked for. I do not believe anyone has the right to "not allow" someone to live their life how they wish so long as they are peaceful.

Also to add, religion puts emphasis on community which can keep people away from things such as depression and mental illness in general, while atheism promotes individualism and although many people today "free themselves from religion" they become held down by things like loneliness as a result.
Eh, idk about that. I've yet to see a religious community that wasn't in some way seriously toxic. Also, as mentioned above, you won't have a very fun time in these communities if you happen to be gay...

Never ceased with these topics lol
I honestly thought these threads died out. Heck, I thought the forum was too dead for anything let alone this. lol

For the record, no I don't think atheism is dangerous per se. It is always merely a component of a greater ideology so whatever dangers may come they are a consequence of that ideology rather than atheism by itself. As for your soul, well many religions will say that you're certainly in big trouble if you're an atheist but really if you are non-religious this shouldn't concern you.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: minamoto

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A belief or such things (remember the twitter thread?) can never be harmful on its own.

In the realm of beliefs, it can be factually wrong, but to simply believe it . . It's like calling a child bad because they don't know tooth fairy is a . . You know. You can't be wrong for what you believe (as you don't choose it), but the belief itself can be incorrect. If a person is noted to have a belief that calls for warming others, such as Hitlerism, then they must be educated. Those who know better (assuming they really do) have a social duty to educate others s we all move forward on better footing. Just the same, if the 'student' turns out to know better, they have a duty to be open to learning, because it's about moving forward on better (closer to truth) footing for everyone, not simply getting people to join your club.

Even if we have different beliefs and they seem irreconsilable (note : this is not possible, but rather people with different interests pretending to have certain beliefs for their benefits), then simple maturity will have us at least figuring out how to coexist, similar to how Abraham and Lot decided to part way in order to avoid conflict.

I might expand on this later, but . . .

All problems can be solved, as a matter of fact. Why? Because they could be created in the first place.

At worst, solving them takes a lot of work and sacrifice, but it can be done, always.