Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like, is atheism something that is destructive, evil and will inevatbly destroy good socieities?
And as an atheist, is not just my soul doomed but also am I doomed to be a destructive force that can only ruin other peoples lives?

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Atheism like all religion can be used to defend actions that can cause issues and like any ideology trying to impose that belief onto others can be a problem. Is atheism itself a problem? No. Can it be one? Yes. Is there thread flamebait? Probably.

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like, is atheism something that is destructive, evil and will inevatbly destroy good socieities?
And as an atheist, is not just my soul doomed but also am I doomed to be a destructive force that can only ruin other peoples lives?
What makes you think so?

Avaitto

#mangafacts
Veteran
Kin
32💸
Kumi
854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sure, if you wanna look at Lennin, Stalin, Mao etc.
What do these people have to do with atheism being destructive?

Are you saying because they were atheists and they were dictators means atheism is the reason behind that when there are other dictators who were religious but no one is saying that their dictatorship was because of their religions.

Last edited:

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Same topic, new day huh? Lol
I don't remember what I have already talked about.
Post automatically merged:

What makes you think so?
People say you can't have a good society without religoin, it makes me wonder.

Sure, if you wanna look at Lennin, Stalin, Mao etc.
Not sure they were driven by atheism but obviously you are not incabable of being a bad person as an atheist, that's something I have been saying for a while, I hate when peolpe say Hitler was driven by religion.

Atheism like all religion can be used to defend actions that can cause issues and like any ideology trying to impose that belief onto others can be a problem. Is atheism itself a problem? No. Can it be one? Yes. Is there thread flamebait? Probably.
It's not like another religion....

People like to point at Nietchi and the concept that when people lose religion they lose all morals, and they become chaotic and evil.
I'm not sure if that's true because obviously there are people who are atheists who are good people and there are people who are religious who are bad people.
It seems more like a psychological personal reaction if you lose your faith.
But that's your own problem.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Be respectful to others and just carry on with your day thats my approach to athiesm and i fall under catagory 7 in Dawkins scale of non belief.

I agree with this.
You can replace "Atheism" with "Religion" and you will get much better results

Religion will fade out eventually as Science and Technology become the focal point of the world.

You do not need religion to be a good human. A good human believes in humanist values because it gives him/her an evolutionary advantage in society.

• Haha
Reactions: salamander uchiha

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
chikombo@ ....wut tis thread is about????..
It is about my anxiety of being a bad person without knowing about it.

I agree with this.
You can replace "Atheism" with "Religion" and you will get much better results

Religion will fade out eventually as Science and Technology become the focal point of the world.

You do not need religion to be a good human. A good human believes in humanist values because it gives him/her an evolutionary advantage in society.
I don't think it will disappear, maybe int some places but not everywhere, we already have technology and science far more advanced than if we go back in time, people are still religious.

I actually believe Salamander in that atheists probably talk more about religion than religious people do themselves, for them it's just part of who they are.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe evil people are very much alike good people we just don't want to admit that.
That's kinda obvious though LOL. Religious people do good things because they personally want to get to heaven, but does that really make it genuine to the other person because it's selfish and they were told to ? Although, I wouldn't really generalize things either. There are good people who become religious because of personal reasons or anxiety lol. Honestly, I think it's just perspective on things. Some people just like the feeling of helping others or are happy when another person is successful, but you could say they're a good person or self-centered

• Wow
Reactions: Avaitto